PDA

View Full Version : Glazer says Seattle fired Jim Mora

X-Era
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
http://twitter.com/jay_glazer

Interesting if this affects any of our HC candidates.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
http://twitter.com/jay_glazer

Interesting if this affects any of our HC candidates.

Hmmm. Seattle is way farther away then Buffalo for Bill Cowher. Hopefully, he doesn't feel like they are more desireable.

I could see Jim Harbaugh going there though, or Brian Billick.

Michael82
Oh ****!

Iehoshua
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seattle-seahaws-fire-jim-mora-010810

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't see Cowher wanting to go to the west coast. He has stated before in interviews I have seen that he is strictly an east coast guy.

Jaybird
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
That could be a problem

Michael82
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
No...but this job could be one that get John Fox's attention and then the whole rumor mill starts flowing again and we are stuck with a ****ty coordinator. :ill:

X-Era
They wouldn't spend much on Holmgren, and the article talks about Coord candidates... Im not sure this affects Cowher at all.

SABuffalo786
If Buffalo's distance from Carolina was a potential sticking point, there's no way he even considers Seattle; especially because they're in a similar position on the field right now.

Everyone relax.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
They wouldn't spend much on Holmgren, and the article talks about Coord candidates... Im not sure this affects Cowher at all.

thank you, agreed.

CPTBobby
01-08-2010, 12:33 PM
This really could mess things up.

Right now they are just talking Coord candidates but keep an ear out to hear if Fox's name starts getting linked

This could cause a major change

Italian Stallion
01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I actually wouldn't mind giving him a look for the Bills job...I always liked him and that Seattle team that Holmgren left there was HORRENDOUS.

I'm not usually one to say "sign him or hire him cuz he's avaliable and Iv'e heard of him" either. He would be a good fit for this team, a HELL of alot better than some of the many non-Cowher options being talked about.

Jeff1220
01-08-2010, 12:40 PM
I could see Jim Harbaugh going there though, or Brian Billick.

I could see either of those guys there too.

Italian Stallion
01-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I could see either of those guys there too.

Harbaugh would be a great fit for them...and almost certianly guarentee that they draft a QB and kick Hasselbeck to the curb

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Hope to God the Bills don't wanna hire Mora..

:ill:

trapezeus
01-08-2010, 12:49 PM
if seattle takes cowher, cowher was a douchebag for stringing us along for ever and then signing with seattle in a week. that'd be unreal.

justasportsfan
01-08-2010, 12:51 PM
It rains too much in Seattle

ddaryl
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
if seattle takes cowher, cowher was a douchebag for stringing us along for ever and then signing with seattle in a week. that'd be unreal.

I guess... but the man has every right to take his time and see what transpires.

It would piss us off, but his decision will be made on what is best for Bill not anyone else

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't think this has any effect. I bet Seattle goes after Garett though. And he is my #2 guy behind Cowher.

TheBrownBear
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Cowher hates rain and Starbucks. He's a Tim Horton's and snow dude.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:06 PM
**** me! Tony Dungy said that you don't fire a coach after 1 year unless you got a good plan. He thinks that Paul Allen is going to throw millions at Cowher and convince him to come. Maybe this is why we haven't heard anything today. The Bills couldn't get it done and Seattle jumped in to steal him from us. :ill:

I'm getting worried now.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Anything's possible, but Cowher seems to be an East Coast type of guy.

Night Train
01-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Cowher will immediately receive a call from Seattle.

They just canned their GM so everything is open there, plus they have tons of cash .

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Cowher will immediately receive a call from Seattle.

They just canned their GM so everything is open there, plus they have tons of cash .

How do we know they have tons of cash? They didn't pay Holmgren, and they have to pay Mora severance. Paul Allen has money, but has taken a major hit with the market the last two years. They aren't big spenders right now I don't think.

Ickybaluky
01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
How do we know they have tons of cash? They didn't pay Holmgren, and they have to pay Mora severance. Paul Allen has money, but has taken a major hit with the market the last two years. They aren't big spenders right now I don't think.

They did pay Holmgren. In fact, Holmgren was the highest paid coach in the NFL in his time there. It was Holmgren that left the job, not the other way around.

They are owned by Paul Allen, the Microsoft Billionaire, and he has a history of spending big money with his sports teams.

That said, I doubt Cowher is going there. It is too far away from the East Coast.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 01:52 PM
They did pay Holmgren. In fact, Holmgren was the highest paid coach in the NFL in his time there. It was Holmgren that left the job, not the other way around.

They are owned by Paul Allen, the Microsoft Billionaire, and he has a history of spending big money with his sports teams.

That said, I doubt Cowher is going there. It is too far away from the East Coast.

I meant they didn't pay Holmgren big money to be the GM this year, which is what he initially wanted to do instead of Cleveland. Paul Allen has a history of spending big money, but that is history. Microsoft, like anyone else, has taken a major hit the last two years. If I lost billions of dollars, I'd cut back spending the dollars a little bit while I weathered the storm.

Ickybaluky
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I meant they didn't pay Holmgren big money to be the GM this year, which is what he initially wanted to do instead of Cleveland. Paul Allen has a history of spending big money, but that is history. Microsoft, like anyone else, has taken a major hit the last two years. If I lost billions of dollars, I'd cut back spending the dollars a little bit while I weathered the storm.

Yeah, he lost money. He is still worth $10B+. The last Forbes rating had him down to the 32nd richest person in the world.

He lost money in the economy, but just because he is less rich doesn't mean ihe isn't more rich than just about everyone on the planet.

And, no... they didn't want to bring Holmgren back. They wanted a clean break. Money was not an issue.

Don't Panic
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I'll tell you what... if Cowher picks Seattle over Buffalo then so be it. We know at this point we've made a strong pitch (OK... the personnel $$ could be debated, but we're at least pretty sure we're offering him fair compensation). I'd rather lose him to somebody else than no one at all.

I want Cowher to be our coach, but this whole process is making me realize that if someone says no to us, then to hell with them and move on. I like our GM. He knows what he's doing. He is a Buffalo Bill. You are all fans of the Buffalo Bills. If Cowher has a choice to be a part of the Bills and he chooses not to, then let's move on.

Ickybaluky
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Cowher isn't going to Seattle. Seattle is hiring a new GM and they want a power structure where the GM and HC are separate jobs. They don't want a powerful coach, they want a break from the past.

Don't Panic
01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Cowher isn't going to Seattle. Seattle is hiring a new GM and they want a power structure where the GM and HC are separate jobs. They don't want a powerful coach, they want a break from the past.

You sure? Holmgren did get them to a Super Bowl after all...