Could this be the QB piece of the 2010 puzzle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Could this be the QB piece of the 2010 puzzle?

As good as McNabb has been in Philly, imagine what he could do w/a Cowher-style power running game.

Is this the last go-round for Donovan McNabb, the man who has done everything a Philadelphia quarterback can do except for the one thing that everybody so desperately wants him to do?

Personally, I think this is it. I think the club made that clear without saying it by giving McNabb a raise during the offseason but declining to extend his contract past the 2010 season.

When this season is over, there is nothing that anybody will say concerning McNabb that hasn't already been said a million times. The answer here is not obvious until you look at the contract. McNabb has trade value only as long as he is under contract - which means you trade him now or you have to extend him for X-number of years after the season, with a new signing bonus and plenty of color and pageantry (and a likely one-way ticket out the door for Kevin Kolb, whom you have previously identified as your future).
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Could this be the QB piece of the 2010 puzzle?

Perfect QB for Buffalo. Has the arm and the mobility you like in this weather.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

McNabb and TO reunion?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

I would be more then shocked if Philly buts mcnabb on the trade block. I just cant see it happen

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jaybird
          I would be more then shocked if Philly buts mcnabb on the trade block. I just cant see it happen
          If they lose and it's because of an offensive meltdown like what happened against Dallas then I could easily see McNabb out in favor of Kolb who looked really good when he started a couple games.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
            Do they extend Kolb then, without getting a real/long look at him while letting McNabb play out 2010 into FA? How do you think they'd handle the situation?

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

This is all speculation regarding whether the Eagles lose tomorrow or not. There is no backup for any of this.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                This is all speculation regarding whether the Eagles lose tomorrow or not. There is no backup for any of this.
                Of course it's speculation, but how else could the McNabb/Kolb scenario play out in Philly if they lose? Do you think they go into 2010 season w/two pending FA QBs? What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                X