PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Frazier contacted IMMEDIATELY!

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Hmmm, maybe this is the guy the Seahawks had their eye on. They had to fire Mora today so they could interview Frazier now instead of after the playoffs.... :scratch:

Once Mora was fired, the Seahawks called the Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min) to seek permission to interview defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, the source told Clayton.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Or else this is their interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.... :ill: :scared:

zone
01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Exactly, satisfy the Rooney rule so they can throw money at Cowher.

WeAreArthurMoates
Guys this dude is a good coach, wish some would realize that. If it was Rooney Rule they would contact him immediatly.

Jeff1220
Hmmm, maybe this is the guy the Seahawks had their eye on. They had to fire Mora today so they could interview Frazier now or after the playoffs.... :scratch:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

This could actually work out in the Bills' favor if it speeds up the Cowher work...or it just leaves them w/one less candidate available.

Iehoshua
Such a crock of ****, that rule is... Totally devalues people. The man should be interviewed for his merit of ability, not his "race." Last time I checked we were all human.

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Guys this dude is a good coach, wish some would realize that. If it was Rooney Rule they would contact him immediatly.
Why is he a good coach?

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm starting to lose it! I was all excited last night about all the rumors and how many people starting leaking info. But I'm wondering if Cowher found out about the opening in Seattle early and now he's making Buffalo wait more while he sniffs around the Seahawks job. :ill:

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Such a crock of ****, that rule is... Totally devalues people. The man should be interviewed for his merit of ability, not his "race." Last time I checked we were all human.

I totally agree. It's a horrible rule and seems even worse to the minorities who now have a "token interview" than if there wasn't a rule.

Prov401
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I really don't see Cowher wanting to move that far. I wouldn't be worried about Seattle at all.

T-Long
01-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm starting to lose it! I was all excited last night about all the rumors and how many people starting leaking info. But I'm wondering if Cowher found out about the opening in Seattle early and now he's making Buffalo wait more while he sniffs around the Seahawks job. :ill:
Mikey, I think you have a better change of being the Hawks new coach then Cowher...no way he goes there

TheBrownBear
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Or maybe Frazier is just a desirable candidate for a head coaching spot? Could it be that maybe the Bills are actually competing with the Seahawks for Frazier because he's actually a hot commodity? Remember, the Bills didn't have to interview Frazier to satisfy the Rooney Rule (that was Fewell), and they still made him their number one interview priority. What does that tell you?

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
If he goes to Seattle, f him. Seattle is no more appealing than Buffalo. Their QB is washed up, and beyond Hassel-bleck and Deion Branch, I am hard pressed to name anyone who plays for the Seagulls... They had NO players even selected to the Pro Bowl.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Mikey, I think you have a better change of being the Hawks new coach then Cowher...no way he goes there
No...but this could bring up the John Fox rumors again. I see Fox calling Seattle immediately. He can convince them to bring him and his staff over and the Carolina gets back in touch with Cowher. I'm depressed. :(

SquishDaFish
01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
We should worry about Seattle. They might go hard to get John Fox and you know what that would mean

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Or maybe Frazier is just a desirable candidate for a head coaching spot? Could it be that maybe the Bills are actually competing with the Seahawks for Frazier because he's actually a hot commodity? Remember, the Bills didn't have to interview Frazier to satisfy the Rooney Rule (that was Fewell), and they still made him their number one interview priority. What does that tell you?
Tells me -- Same 'ol Bills. If they hire him.

SquishDaFish
01-08-2010, 01:35 PM
OH ****! ESPNews just reported Seattle contact LF for an interview and he DECLINED! Do not tell me he is the Buffalo Head Coach I will be pissed!!

TheBrownBear
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
OH ****! ESPNews just reported Seattle contact LF for an interview and he DECLINED! Do not tell me he is the Buffalo Head Coach I will be pissed!!

He very well could be.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Two most hated NFL teams have just become: Carolina and Seattle.

Carolina? WTF is that anyway? There is no "Carolina." There is North Carolina and South Carolina. Only dumb teams are named after broad areas. See: "New England" Patriots. "Tennessee" Titans, "Arizona" Cardinals. Stupid! Aghghhghgghgh!! Pick a city FFS!

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Puke.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM

****! You cheap piece of **** *******, Ralph! If you hire the guy without even giving Billick, Rivera, Harbaugh, and Grimm an interview...I'm goingto be so ****ing pissed! Why the **** would you tell this guy yes and still keep going after Cowher hard? :mad:

Ingtar33
01-08-2010, 01:41 PM
if Frazier is our next coach i'll puke.

4-12 here we come.

BuffaloBlitz83
Could be that he doesn't want to move to Seattle, Washington

Mahdi
Wonderful.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:42 PM

4-12 here we come.

Ralph can't sell the fans an unproven DC like Frazier especially if he never interviewed more than 2 other guys. :mad:

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Guys, LF is the DC for a team competing for the Super Bowl. Maybe he met the Bills because it was earlier this week (bye week) and it was set up a few days ahead of time, but right now he is focused on the job at hand?

Maybe he doesn't want to move to Seattle?

TheBrownBear
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM

4-12 here we come.

The reports are that he's putting together a pretty good staff. I think we'd see an improvement on 6-10.

Why is everyone so convinced that he'd fail?

Jeff1220
01-08-2010, 01:44 PM
RW, RB, and BN have to know that there is no way they can sell Frazier to the fans at this point. Hiring him would be their acceptance of losing millions of dollars.

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 01:44 PM

4-12 here we come.
C'mon Ingtar...

Frazier's D is 23rd in points allowed and have ranked 32nd, 18th and 19th the last years in pass defense.

His credentials are sick....

12-4 here we come.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
The reports are that he's putting together a pretty good staff. I think we'd see an improvement on 6-10.

Why is everyone so convinced that he'd fail?
Seems like a rehash of the Gregg Williams era.

There's been virtually NOTHING to rally behind being a fan of this team in the last decade.

If Leslie Nielsen Walt Frazier comes in and turns us into a winner, consider me sold, but nothing outside of those results OR a Cowher hire is really gonna fire me up about being a fan.

T-Long
oops didnt know it was addressed in here...mods go ahead and delete my new thread

Michael82
How the hell could the Bills let all this Cowher talk get this far if they are going to hire another unproven DC? I wouldn't mind Rivera or Grimm. Frazier isn't horrible, but everthing i read about him scares me more. But still...we the fans have been excited as hell about getting a coach like Bill Cowher. why the **** wouldn't OBD be smacking down these rumors to get us so we wouldn't be so pissed off and many many people will now be? :fit:

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:46 PM
RW, RB, and BN have to know that there is no way they can sell Frazier to the fans at this point. Hiring him would be their acceptance of losing millions of dollars.

Hiring him would make this feel exactly like that movie Major League! :ill:

Dicknoze69
01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I think everyone needs to calm down about Frazier declining the interview request. They never said "Fraizer declined interview because the Bills made him an offer."

Maybe he's sick of being the token Rooney Rule candidate. Perhaps he doesn't want to move to the West Coast. Maybe he feels this request is too close to the Vikings playoff game. Perhaps he isn't interested in going to a team that doesn't even have a GM yet. And maybe the Bills actually made him an offer and we can start collecting our riot gear. Who knows at this point.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
And maybe the Bills actually made him an offer and we can start collecting our riot gear. Who knows at this point.
Can't blame us for being conditioned to expect this as the outcome...

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I think everyone needs to calm down about Frazier declining the interview request. They never said "Fraizer declined interview because the Bills made him an offer."

Maybe he's sick of being the token Rooney Rule candidate. Perhaps he doesn't want to move to the West Coast. Maybe he feels this request is too close to the Vikings playoff game. Perhaps he isn't interested in going to a team that doesn't even have a GM yet. And maybe the Bills actually made him an offer and we can start collecting our riot gear. Who knows at this point.

I got my pitchfork and torch ready to go. Let's burn down Rich Stadium.

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Can't blame us for being conditioned to expect this as the outcome...
Honestly, Bills fans better not buy season tickets if this guy is hired. Save your money for the Sabres or something.

Ingtar33
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Seems like a rehash of the Gregg Williams era. except Gregg Williams actually had a #1 ranked defense under his belt... (remember that Ravens SB team? Well the Ravens defense that year came in 2nd in yards allowed to the Titans, and Gregg Williams... it was However 1st in points allowed to Gregg's no.2)

Frazier wishes he was as competent a DC as Gregg Williams.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
except Gregg Williams actually had a #1 ranked defense under his belt... (remember that Ravens SB team? Well the Ravens defense that year came in 2nd in yards allowed to the Titans, and Gregg Williams... it was However 1st in points allowed to Gregg's no.2)
Same culture of coach being hired, unproven defensive-minded, but yes, Leslie's results are considerably less impressive than Greggggggggg's were at the time.