PDA

View Full Version : Mort says Seahawks are set to get Pete Carroll

X-Era
01-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Pete is interested, already thinking staff.

Also said Frazier turned down the interview because he saw it as just a Rooney Rule interview.

Has sources that that's their target and Pete has mutual interest.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
:phew: This makes me feel a little better about Frazier declining the interview.

Jaybird
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
wow, big news.

Novacane
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Good grief I am sick of this

X-Era
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
OK, can we now have a collective sigh of relief?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
gawd that would be great!

Michael82
OK, can we now have a collective sigh of relief?

:phew:

The Cowher hope is STILL ALIVE!

BuffaloBlitz83
Good for Frazier. I'd be pissed to waste my time for a fake interview. I rather not get a job then waste my time for a fake.

Mudflap1
What a sucky move for Seattle! Carroll sucks!

In related news, bye bye USC! I guess you guys are going to either get indicted by the NCAA, or you have no recruits left!

X-Era
01-08-2010, 01:58 PM
:phew:

The Cowher hope is STILL ALIVE!

I only slightly wavered.

BADTHINGSMAN
:rofl:

ChristopherWalken
Pete Carroll is an idiot if he leaves USC for Seattle. He has it made in Southern California.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Now the million dollar question, who could the Seahawks interview for the Rooney rule now? Who the **** would want to do a ****ty token interview when it's obvious who the team is targeting?

zone
Pete Carroll is an idiot if he leaves USC for Seattle. He has it made in Southern California.
Exactly, best job ever!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
I feel better now

Jaybird
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Now the million dollar question, who could the Seahawks interview for the Rooney rule now? Who the **** would want to do a ****ty token interview when it's obvious who the team is targeting?

good old coach Perry Fewell

ChristopherWalken
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM

I heard Perry Fewell was available.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Now the million dollar question, who could the Seahawks interview for the Rooney rule now? Who the **** would want to do a
****ty token interview when it's obvious who the team is targeting?

Fewell

X-Era
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM

Jerry Gray? Willingham?

I have no idea.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 02:02 PM

Did you see what has happened to USC's basketball program? I think the same thing is going to happen to their football program between Reggie Bush, Joe McKnight (who declared today), etc. USC cheats, and they might be close to being caught.

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 02:02 PM
LOL! This is the funniest period in Buffalo Bills history. This 2 week soap opera of uncertainty.

X-Era
01-08-2010, 02:03 PM
LOL! This is the funniest period in Buffalo Bills history. This 2 week soap opera of uncertainty.

Its an emotional roller coaster for sure.

ChristopherWalken
What I think is funny is NOW we all believe what Mort has to say. We were all calling him another ESPN Bills hating maggot when he was flubbing rumors that Cowher ends up in Buffalo. Now that he blogs something that works in our favor...well maybe he knows a little...

Dr. Lecter
Carroll will have a lower payroll in Seattle than he does at USC.

Novacane
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
who would want to interview knowing they are going to hire Carroll as soon as they finish the fake interview. That's an insult.

X-Era
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
What I think is funny is NOW we all believe what Mort has to say. We were all calling him another ESPN Bills hating maggot when he was flubbing rumors that Cowher ends up in Buffalo. Now that he blogs something that works in our favor...well maybe he knows a little...

Actually, I see a difference between him referencing sources and when he simply says he cant "see" him going to Buffalo.

One has a source, the other is pure speculation.

zone
01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I only slightly wavered.
X-Era, you still feeling good about what you "think"?

BuffaloBlitz83
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
They'll interview an in house candidate such as Tim Lewis the DB coach on seahawks or Robert Prince the WR coach for Rooney.

ChristopherWalken
Did you see what has happened to USC's basketball program? I think the same thing is going to happen to their football program between Reggie Bush, Joe McKnight (who declared today), etc. USC cheats, and they might be close to being caught.

I don't pay attention to basketball that much so I cant say that I do know what happened to their program. But, there is waaaaaay too much money invested in the USC football program for their recruitment to start tapering off. Doesn't mean they are BCS Championship bound anytime soon, but it will be a long time coming when they drop out of the top 25.

X-Era
X-Era, you still feeling good about what you "think"?

Ill answer that in the rumor thread

Michael82
Actually, I see a difference between him referencing sources and when he simply says he cant "see" him going to Buffalo.

One has a source, the other is pure speculation.

Agreed. After listening to him on ESPN just now, it's obvious that the Bills have put up a giant wall and are doing everything they can to keep the National Media from scooping anything.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
who would want to interview knowing they are going to hire Carroll as soon as they finish the fake interview. That's an insult.
Exactly why that "rule" needs to be abolished. It's a farce.

X-Era
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Agreed. After listening to him on ESPN just now, it's obvious that the Bills have put up a giant wall and are doing everything they can to keep the National Media from scooping anything.

My opinion is that the Bills realized that the media is not helping there cause and that they actually may work against the Bills when they talk to guys like Shanahan with what they tell him.

Thats pure speculation on my part.

Ingtar33
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Only reason he leaves is if USC is about to be put on suspension by the NCAA for recruiting violations (or other violations) under Carroll. I wouldn't doubt this is a possibility. There has been a stench from the USC program ever since Carroll got there.

Michael82
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM
My opinion is that the Bills realized that the media is not helping there cause and that they actually may work against the Bills when they talk to guys like Shanahan with what they tell him.

Thats pure speculation on my part.

I think it's because Ralph holds a grudge and is sick and tired of all the National Media ripping him and his team. So he's basically doing this in complete secrecy and not tossing them any bones to flip them off. :up:

BigZ
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Not sure if they actually have to interview if someone turned down the chance to interview. Anybody know for sure?

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I think it's because Ralph holds a grudge and is sick and tired of all the National Media ripping him and his team. So he's basically doing this in complete secrecy and not tossing them any bones to flip them off. :up:
His team deserves to be ripped. His team has been atrocious for ten years. No sympathy there.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Only reason he leaves is if USC is about to be put on suspension by the NCAA for recruiting violations (or other violations) under Carroll. I wouldn't doubt this is a possibility. There has been a stench from the USC program ever since Carroll got there.

McKnight declared for the draft today amid controversy over the "baby mama" SUV scandal, the Reggie Bush arbitration got rejected and it is going to be a public court event (recent development), and Aaron Corp transferred today. And of course the basketball program was proven to be very dirty.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM

Well this could be true, but he is forgetting about us fans.

Night Train
01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
This makes me believe that sanctions against USC football are coming soon and Carroll needs to bail.

No one in their right mind leaves USC for Seattle.

Demon
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
This makes me believe that sanctions against USC football are coming soon and Carroll needs to bail.

No one in their right mind leaves USC for Seattle.

Bingo!

Carroll knows what is up. USC is about to explode. It's going to be fun seeing that team get destroyed into little pieces though.

shelby
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Jay_Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
2 ppl close to pete carroll told me seattle dangling an exhorbitant amount of money at him. very substantial!

via twitter

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Take it, Petey!

X-Era
01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/08/report-seahawks-targeting-pete-carroll/

Link from PFT which gives Mort's details.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Take it Pete, that will kill two birds with one stone for me!

OpIv37
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
What a sucky move for Seattle! Carroll sucks!

In related news, bye bye USC! I guess you guys are going to either get indicted by the NCAA, or you have no recruits left!

It may be a sucky move for Seattle but it's a great move for my. It gets Carroll away from USC and keeps him out of Buffalo.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
It may be a sucky move for Seattle but it's a great move for my. It gets Carroll away from USC and keeps him out of Buffalo.

In addition, I'm a UCLA fan. I think it's great.

X-Era
01-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Mort now saying multiple sources are reporting Pete IS the Hawks guy.

Pinkerton Security
01-08-2010, 03:04 PM

tell you what, if i was a black man, id interview with them, im sure they'd fly my ass out there and give me some free food and stuff. however i am also not a successful football coach in any way and do not have any money sooooo that doesnt mean anything. you're right tho, if it is clear they already have carroll lined up, i certainly wouldnt wanna be a token interviewee.