PDA

View Full Version : Final Billboard and details

patmoran2006
01-08-2010, 02:03 PM
First an apology, the billboard (final one) is up on the site now, and spelled correctly, I been so freegin swamped that I didnt double check (though that was never the final image to go up anyway)

The image up now is how the billboard will appear. There were certain looks and specs that had to match up to make it look best on the digital billboard. What looks good on a computer doesn't always on the billboard, so the graphics person at Lamar made it so it would be best presentable.

NOTE- It's a digital billboard, and we can change the text at any time with very short notice, and as often as we need. So if by chance Cowher were to become Bills coach before Monday or during the week, we can change it to welcome him to Buffalo.

If we hire another coach during the week, we can change it welcome him (class?) Good chance that could be Frazier.

If Cowher definitely gives the Bills a "no" before Monday or during the week, we can change it. How about a "No Cowher? Blame Dan Marino" slogan? (heh). Regardless, we can do what we need to do.

The media attention has been ridiculous. As most you know this story is all over the place, and even hit Deadpin.. Naturally there's negativety with some but I expected that. I also just tapped an interview for 103.3 the edge that will be on sometime after 3pm, and I"m doing two Rochester radio shows this afternoon sometime.

So the money is raised and the word is out, now lets see what happens. Trust me, I'm prepared for the worst already (an official Cowher no-go before Monday). In that case it gets changed and quickly.

As a nice bonus, we've raised over $300 for Hunter's Hope already! and hopefully we can add more to that as it was a BIG reason I agreed to organize this to begin with.

FINAL BILLBOARD (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/)

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
The more that donation number gets bumped, the better.

Big message to Wilson; the fans are opening their wallets for the cause, time to open yours.

Jaybird
01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
good stuff

works for me

(minus the fact that I would have Never taken off my website)

BADTHINGSMAN
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Good to see the rest of the money going to a great cause. Pat you should try to do an annual Hunters Hope Drive using your website to raise money.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Looks good.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I like it, great job!

BloFan4Life
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
What ever happened to the extra money from the Fire Jauron Bill Board??

Italian Stallion
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Too bad it will be all for not....LOLlie Frazier will be coach soon enough

patmoran2006
01-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Then we'll change the text to blame Dan Marino for everything.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
What ever happened to the extra money from the Fire Jauron Bill Board??

It was used to keep the billboard up another week, I think.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Then we'll change the text to blame Dan Marino for everything.
Meh, no. Tacky.

I wouldn't want to give Marino credit for anything.

patmoran2006
01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I was joking.

RockStar36
01-08-2010, 02:28 PM
The more that donation number gets bumped, the better.

Big message to Wilson; the fans are opening their wallets for the cause, time to open yours.

More importantly, if the fans are willing to shell out this kind of money for an essentially meaningless billboard, imagine how much they would spend on tickets if Cowher was the coach.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:30 PM
It has meaning. Perhaps it's essentially ineffective in changing the result, but there is still plenty of meaning behind it, the idea, and every cent donated.

ddaryl
01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Good chance that could be Frazier.

Ok what the hell have you heard

and unless he is out of the playoffs we won't hear such a thing....

and if we do hire him... I think I will be scaling back my bills fandom to fair weather fan... in which I will cancel my Sunday ticket and only follow the team via the stat boards until I'm sure they are a bonafide SB contender

serioulsy only 1 coach out of all the choices can be hired with limited interviews... after that I expect the Bills to interview at least 10 candidates before mentioning Frazier

Crisis
01-08-2010, 03:01 PM
has the billboard appeared on any shows like PTI or around the horn or anything yet? what kind of press has it gotten other than being on the AP wire?

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 03:02 PM
There are some radio interviews today.

tatersalad
01-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Pat: great work to spear head this and Hunters Hope is the byproduct of your hard work !!! Great job man

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok what the hell have you heard

and unless he is out of the playoofs we won't hear such a thing....

and if we do hire him... I think I will be scaling back my bills fandom to fair weather fan... in which I will cancel my Sunday ticket and only follow the team via the stat boards until I'm sure they are a bonafide SB contender

serioulsy only 1 coach out of all the choices can be hired with limited interviews... after that I expect the Bills to interview at least 10 candidates before mentioning Frazier

I don't think he knows anything new, just that if Cowher is NOT named the coach, and someone else is, it could be Frazier. However, like you said that can't happen until the Vikings are out of the playoffs. The only reason he probably said Frazier was because Fewell is continuing to interview with other people, Rivera has not been contacted, and Frazier has been the only other interview so far, other than Cowher. So if Cowher says at some point "I'm out", and they hire someone, Frazier would be the obvious default choice at this point in that situation.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
how bout a listing of donars? props to these folks!

RockStar36
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
It has meaning. Perhaps it's essentially ineffective in changing the result, but there is still plenty of meaning behind it, the idea, and every cent donated.

Eh, not really. Several teams this year have had billboards and none have made a difference. I'm having a hard time believing that the Fire Dick billboard was the main cause of everything that happened here this season.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Eh, not really. Several teams this year have had billboards and none have made a difference. I'm having a hard time believing that the Fire Dick billboard was the main cause of everything that happened here this season.
Just said that. The billboards could all be ineffective in producing a result.

This does not, however, take away the meaning they hold behind the fans that organize all of them.

Tell Pat Moran it's meaningless. Tell the donors of almost $2k it's meaningless. Doubt they'd agree.

Everyone takes up supporting a cause as they see fit. Difference or not, its still meaningful.

HHURRICANE
01-08-2010, 04:29 PM
First an apology, the billboard (final one) is up on the site now, and spelled correctly, I been so freegin swamped that I didnt double check (though that was never the final image to go up anyway)

The image up now is how the billboard will appear. There were certain looks and specs that had to match up to make it look best on the digital billboard. What looks good on a computer doesn't always on the billboard, so the graphics person at Lamar made it so it would be best presentable.

NOTE- It's a digital billboard, and we can change the text at any time with very short notice, and as often as we need. So if by chance Cowher were to become Bills coach before Monday or during the week, we can change it to welcome him to Buffalo.

If we hire another coach during the week, we can change it welcome him (class?) Good chance that could be Frazier.

If Cowher definitely gives the Bills a "no" before Monday or during the week, we can change it. How about a "No Cowher? Blame Dan Marino" slogan? (heh). Regardless, we can do what we need to do.

The media attention has been ridiculous. As most you know this story is all over the place, and even hit Deadpin.. Naturally there's negativety with some but I expected that. I also just tapped an interview for 103.3 the edge that will be on sometime after 3pm, and I"m doing two Rochester radio shows this afternoon sometime.

So the money is raised and the word is out, now lets see what happens. Trust me, I'm prepared for the worst already (an official Cowher no-go before Monday). In that case it gets changed and quickly.

As a nice bonus, we've raised over $300 for Hunter's Hope already! and hopefully we can add more to that as it was a BIG reason I agreed to organize this to begin with.

FINAL BILLBOARD (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/)

Pat, how is this all tied into charity? How much did it cost and who initially paid for it?? Are you whole?