PDA

View Full Version : Michael Smith of ESPN tweets on Frazier

T-Long
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
MrMichael_Smith

Good 4 Vikings DC Leslie Frazier, who declined SEA interview. He gets nothing out of being used. Some team will want HIM and get a good 1.

Jaybird
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
So it was the organization and not LF himself???

T-Long
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM
So it was the organization and not LF himself???
huh? I think you are reading it wrong.

Jaybird
01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
huh? I think you are reading it wrong.

It's friday.. long week, stupid me

Don't Panic
01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
So did he think Buffalo was legit in their interest? I'm trying to put the pieces together here... what did LF know about Seattle that he didn't know about Buffalo. Or vice versa for that fact.

Italian Stallion
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
shut the hell up Michael Smith. Eat a razorblade.

LOLlie Frazier is garbage. Stop pimping him.

T-Long
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
So did he think Buffalo was legit in their interest? I'm trying to put the pieces together here... what did LF know about Seattle that he didn't know about Buffalo. Or vice versa for that fact.
I think he got word about Carroll going there and didn't want to be their "Rooney Rule." He respected the Bills for interviewing him because he knew he wasn't (Fewell interviewed)

I think it could be either or. Either he knew for sure about Carroll or he knows for sure that a handshake deal has already been put in place for the Bills job.

Iehoshua
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Indications are LF was requested to be interviewed by Seattle to satisfy the garbage Rooney Rule, so he did not want to partake in a formality.

Italian Stallion
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Indications are LF was requested to be interviewed by Seattle to satisfy the garbage Rooney Rule, so he did not want to partake in a formality.

if this is the case then fine, thats an understandable and commendable position to take. So long as this wank stays in Minnesota I'll admire that. He comes here to poison this franchise more...then all bets are off

BillsWin
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I think Frazier turned down the Seattle interview because he didn't want to be used. He would never turn down legitimate options, even if he was intent on signing else where. There are things at stake with turning down another interview like that, leverage, money, more options, etc.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
this is why the whole rooney rule thing is ******ed, we should focus on qualifications, not race....

Philagape
01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Good for Frazier. Every minority candidate should turn down the Seahawks and turn this rule into a joke

Don't Panic
01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I think he got word about Carroll going there and didn't want to be their "Rooney Rule." He respected the Bills for interviewing him because he knew he wasn't (Fewell interviewed)

I think it could be either or. Either he knew for sure about Carroll or he knows for sure that a handshake deal has already been put in place for the Bills job.

Fewell... that's the key. He knew he wasn't Rooney because of Fewell. I was ready to say, he must've thought there was no chance we would land Cowher and that he had a legit shot, but so long as he knew he wasn't our Ronney anything is possible. Thanks T.

Night Train
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM
The Rooney rule is played.

Owners don't care about color anymore. They'll hire anyone that can win.

Eliminate it.