PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley

Mahdi
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Guy is going to be a good player. Not too physically gifted but guy is smart and knows how to get open.

Would love to get him in the 2nd or 3rd.

DraftBoy
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Id take him Round 5 or 6, but not before then.

Older prospect (6 years of eligibility)
Injury History
System Production
Questionable Speed and Athleticism

I don't see him as a Wes Welker.

tampabay25690
01-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Id take him Round 5 or 6, but not before then.

Older prospect (6 years of eligibility)
Injury History
System Production
Questionable Speed and Athleticism

I don't see him as a Wes Welker.

I will disagree just a bit.
I guess this is a day we disagree huh DB..

Think he will be a good slot WR maybe 3-4th rounder....
ED McCaffrey type guy but a bit smaller...

Dr. Who
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I think Todd McShay has him as an early third, for what ever that is worth. He's a great college wr. Not sure about the pros. I'd take a shot if he slipped to the fourth.

billsfootball8183
01-08-2010, 10:50 PM
His 2 touchdowns he put a move on 2 defenders .. pretty impressive. He might be the next Wes Welker !

DraftBoy
01-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I will disagree just a bit.
I guess this is a day we disagree huh DB..

Think he will be a good slot WR maybe 3-4th rounder....
ED McCaffrey type guy but a bit smaller...

Ed McCaffery was 6'5 and used his size to his advantage, Shipley is a completely different kind of a WR. I dont see the comparison at all.

Shipley runs good routes and can get open in college, but I dont see that translating to the NFL.

If Shipley runs close to the 4.45 some say he can, he'll be a 3rd-4th Rounder, if he runs the 4.5+ I think he will, he'll be a 5th or 6th Rounder.

Mahdi
01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Ed McCaffery was 6'5 and used his size to his advantage, Shipley is a completely different kind of a WR. I dont see the comparison at all.

Shipley runs good routes and can get open in college, but I dont see that translating to the NFL.

If Shipley runs close to the 4.45 some say he can, he'll be a 3rd-4th Rounder, if he runs the 4.5+ I think he will, he'll be a 5th or 6th Rounder.
Although I agree that 2nd round might be a bit high I don't see how his intelligence, route running and great hands won't translate to the NFL.

He may be a 3rd or 4th round prospect but I think he will prove to be more valuable then that when he joins an NFL team.

The Spaz
01-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Kid is smart and knows when to change gears. Seems a lot like Austin Collie this year for the Colts.

PECKERWOOD
01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
I like him, but I like Riley Cooper more.

Mahdi
01-10-2010, 12:59 AM
I like him, but I like Riley Cooper more.
I like him too.

methos4ever
01-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I like him too.
Count me in on the Cooper love as well - he reminds me a little of Caldwell (Bubba, not Reche) and I liked his quote after the Cinci game,
"I ain't a 4.5 (runner in the 40-yard dash)," Cooper said. "Well see how it goes (at the NFL Combine), but I ain't a 4.5."
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100101/ARTICLES/100109952/1136?Title=Cooper-finishes-with-a-bang

DraftBoy
01-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Although I agree that 2nd round might be a bit high I don't see how his intelligence, route running and great hands won't translate to the NFL.

He may be a 3rd or 4th round prospect but I think he will prove to be more valuable then that when he joins an NFL team.

Because his speed that he uses very well in the Big 12 won't be as effective in the NFL. I dont know much about his intelligence level to comment, but his route running is solid.

tampabay25690
01-10-2010, 03:02 PM

I wasnt thinking the size but the hands and route running...

DraftBoy
01-11-2010, 07:38 AM
I wasnt thinking the size but the hands and route running...

Which worked back in McCaffery's say but I dont think Ed McCaffery would be as successful now as he was then, and how many 6'0 WR do we know who are successful in today's NFL that don't have excellent speed and quickness?

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Which worked back in McCaffery's say but I dont think Ed McCaffery would be as successful now as he was then, and how many 6'0 WR do we know who are successful in today's NFL that don't have excellent speed and quickness?
Hines Ward, Steve Smith (NYG), Bess, Stokely, Collie, Crayton, Lance Moore are all comparable in athleticism. Shipley has good quickness IMO, straight line speed no, but quickness getting in and out of cuts looks pretty good.