PDA

View Full Version : Richie Incognito

more cowbell
01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I thought he was a pretty interesting pickup for the last month of the season. He seems to be a pretty good player too, in limited action with no knowledge of the offense he did a pretty good job and can only get better.

Would you want him back? I say yes, we should keep him at RG and move Wood to Center...his natural position

T-Long
01-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Absolutely.

ddaryl
01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
no brainer

PECKERWOOD
01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
No, I don't want him back, I don't think he is very good and I like our current interior better. If he wants to stay on as a backup, well that's fine, but Wood, Hangartner and Levitre are better football players.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-08-2010, 07:07 PM
yes bring him back, a great run blocker!!!

SpillerThrills
01-08-2010, 07:10 PM
without a doubt he should be back in the lineup next year.

Kenny
01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
No, I don't want him back, I don't think he is very good and I like our current interior better. If he wants to stay on as a backup, well that's fine, but Wood, Hangartner and Levitre are better football players.

As long as Wood recovers then I agree... there's no need. And would Incognito stay here as a backup?

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
With out a doubt

Yasgur's Farm
01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Absolutely bring him back... Move Wood to center.. Have Hangartner back the entire interior.

more cowbell
01-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I think Hangartner is the weak link on the line aside from the tackles obviously. He gets aabsoultely mauled in pass blocking by defensive tackles or linebackers blitzing.

With that being said, having Hangartner as the main backup guard/center wouldn't be a bad thing at all

better days
01-08-2010, 07:15 PM
I thought he was a pretty interesting pickup for the last month of the season. He seems to be a pretty good player too, in limited action with no knowledge of the offense he did a pretty good job and can only get better.

Would you want him back? I say yes, we should keep him at RG and move Wood to Center...his natural position

I totally agree. Wood to Center & Hangartner to the bench or Levitre to Tackle & Hangartner can take his place at Guard.

ct bills fan
01-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Yep - at this point in his career he is better than any other lineman we have. With Wood's injury uncertainty, he provides valuable insurance for Woods and if Wood is back healthy, keep him starting at guard and move Levitre to RT. I expect him to sign an extension with Buffalo, if not, with the non-capped year, he is still a restricted free agent/

Dying_-2-_Live
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
incognito didnt do to bad... bring em back

CPTBobby
01-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Yep, and pending a NEW CBA he will be back as an RFA

Yasgur's Farm
01-08-2010, 07:25 PM
1st round tender please.

BigZ
01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Absolutely.

couldn't have said it better:bow:

TigerJ
01-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Sure, bring him back.

Ingtar33
01-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I think Hangartner is the weak link on the line aside from the tackles obviously. He gets aabsoultely mauled in pass blocking by defensive tackles or linebackers blitzing.

With that being said, having Hangartner as the main backup guard/center wouldn't be a bad thing at all

yep. lev - wood - inco would make a better line then lev - han- wood.

Oaf
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Hangartner was no weak link, JMO. Keep Incog there until Wood makes a full recovery and shows that he can win the job. Then you got a great backup for an inevitable injury along the interior (meaning, give him reps at backup C as well).

HAMMER
01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
A nasty mauler, I'm sold. As others have said move Wood in to center, Hang. for depth, find a LT and we are solid.

SpillerThrills
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd like to see Wood at C with Incognito at LG.... both of them have a bit of a mean streak in them.....

mysticsoto
01-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I wanted Incognito out of college so definitely bring him back and let him...let them all battle for their positions. Wood is supposedly not going to be ready for the start of the season (I thought I read somewhere) so we'll need him.

Beebe's Kid
01-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Incognito is exactly the kind of guy we want on the line. Flash forward in a perfect world...I would love to have a line that was knows and a bunch of Bad MFer's, that instilled a little fear because they were a little unstable...He provides some veteran leadership without being brought back from the grave, or being 2 days out of college.

Wood as Brohm's center....Gee, I wonder if Nix thought about that when he said we should go get this guy off of the GB practice squad...

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Wood as Brohm's center....Gee, I wonder if Nix thought about that when he said we should go get this guy off of the GB practice squad...

Now that is interesting. I didn't pick up on that. Does make you wonder, if just a bit.

YardRat
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Absolutely bring him back. Once we get a legit LT and Wood returns from injury I like the potential of our o-line.

PECKERWOOD
01-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I like the posts in this thread, I've changed my mind, I'd like him back for next year.

clumping platelets
01-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Yes.....I want him back

BillsWin
01-08-2010, 11:37 PM
He's got attitude and a lot of talent. Cowher can straighten him out. :up:

Jaybird
01-09-2010, 02:45 AM
ya dude bring him back at RG. Wood at center, and levitre at LG that is one nasty oline upfront

Griff
01-09-2010, 02:54 AM
He's a dirtbag, dirty player with no sense of fair play or any concern for the well being of others, he's a cheap shot artist, of offensive line's version of Vince Wilfork. In short, yes, I want him back.

plundar
01-09-2010, 03:42 AM
Yes I think we should keep the guy.

Buddo
01-09-2010, 04:38 AM
He's a dirtbag, dirty player with no sense of fair play or any concern for the well being of others, he's a cheap shot artist, of offensive line's version of Vince Wilfork. In short, yes, I want him back.

This made me lol. He does also, however, have talent (like Wilfork :( ), and as such, definitely worth bringing back.
Get a decent LT, and we could actually develop a good O-Line for next year. I'm sure we have enough RT material atm on the roster, between Butler (if he comes back fit), Bell and Meredith - although I would certainly want to add another guy who can compete if possible.
Keeping Incognito, means we already (assuming a fit Wood) will have an interior, that can compete, with one of Levitre/Wood/Hangartner/Incognito, being the backup at guard, and/or center, depending on who actually wins the job.
Like others, I personally think that Wood should be moved back to center, and if Brohm shows signs of being capable enough, that would certainly help with his development. Hangartner is capable enough to possibly still win a starting spot as a guard. Keep either McKinney or Simmons as another guard backup, and we have good possibilities, and reasonable depth. I thought Simmons did some decent things briefly, also, and if fully fit, he might even provide competition for a starting spot as well.

Lone Stranger
01-09-2010, 06:13 AM
I think he's a pretty good football player and that is one thing the Bills have a shortage of. Bring him back.

DRELOVESBills
01-09-2010, 06:31 AM

lol sorry to tell you but if you don't think he is good then you might not know much about football. He is very good actually and actually he's better than hangartner

DraftBoy
01-09-2010, 08:49 AM
If the new coach has the intention of moving Wood to OC then yes you bring him back, if not then you let him walk.

We'll know soon enough what they are going to do.

Mr Hotstepper
01-09-2010, 08:55 AM
100% yes. Football is about a mentality...especially on the line. We need to be a running football team, and the man can run block. If we move Wood to center, we could have a solid inside 3 for 10 years. Hangartner can provide insurance as Wood brings his leg back to health.

Patti120
01-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I can't see him. Where is he?