PDA

View Full Version : Great Chemistry Between Spikes and Fletcher

Romes
06-03-2003, 08:45 PM
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/154/sports/Fletcher_has_help_in_bolstered:.shtml

Awesome article!

A few quotes i liked.

Anticipating the snap, London Fletcher jumped to the line preparing to blitz. On cue, Takeo Spikes followed his linebacker-mate through the hole, getting a clear shot at the quarterback.

Spikes pulled up before laying a hand on third-stringer Travis Brown on Tuesday, as this was only a Buffalo Bills minicamp session in which hitting is not allowed. But that didn't stop Spikes and Fletcher from slapping five and sharing a laugh on their way to the sideline.

''Excited?'' Spikes said. ''If you can find another word for it come back tomorrow and tell it to me, because this is better than exciting.''

Just as important, Spikes and Fletcher have quickly bonded.

Spikes, shortly after he signed with Buffalo, made Fletcher one of the first people he contacted. Fletcher appreciated the call, saying it broke the ice and settled any questions he had regarding his new teammate.

''You get a player who's used to being the main guy on his defense coming in, and I'm used to being kind of the main guy on my defense,'' Fletcher said. ''So you kind of think, 'How are these guys going to get along together?'

''But that wasn't the situation at all. ... I think our personalities mesh pretty well.''

Coach Gregg Williams noted the chemistry between the two.

''Tremendous competitiveness there, and a tremendous bond already on who is going to be the leading tackler, who's going to be running around making the most big plays,'' Williams said. ''It's an impact that they have set on the rest of the people in the huddle.''

Fletcher and Spikes are often seen standing together talking along the sideline. No surprise that they've learned how to play off each other on the field.

''Just like that play,'' Spikes said, referring to the sack he would have had during practice. ''I'm used to him hitting in a certain way. I can't explain it but it's just something you feel.''

Ok so, thats almost the whole article. ;) I liked it what can I say.

Dozerdog
06-03-2003, 08:56 PM
AHAH!!!!!

I did it! I finally posted news on our front page before Romes found it !!!

I'm shocked! :up:

Turf
06-03-2003, 08:56 PM
All I can say is ....Sweetness.

Romes
06-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
AHAH!!!!!

I did it! I finally posted news on our front page before Romes found it !!!

I'm shocked! :up:

:biggrin:

Tatonka
06-03-2003, 10:06 PM
it also said that Jones will be starting to practice over the next two weeks..

that is good news too.

lordofgun
06-03-2003, 10:37 PM
:hungry:

BillsFanInMass
06-04-2003, 02:54 AM
:cheers:

Throne Logic
06-04-2003, 05:51 AM
Being a Defensive oriented fan, I'm very happy to hear this. Good start for these guys.

I'm somewhat concerned about the Redskin's syndrome. Talk about lack of chemistry amongst a highly talented group. . .

Earthquake Enyart
06-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Being a Defensive oriented fan, I'm very happy to hear this. Good start for these guys.

Personally, I've always been offensive. :snicker:

ryjam282
06-04-2003, 09:06 AM
That sounds like music to my ears. Love it.

TedMock
06-04-2003, 11:04 AM
A friend of mine bartends at Ilio Dipaolo's in Blasdell. For years the Bills players and coaching staff has frequented that place. My buddy's been there since we were in high school and they cater all the Jim Kelly party's etc.. Anyway, he said Chuck Lester stopped at the bar the other day and told him that in 16 or so years with the Bills that Takeo Spikes is THE BEST LB he's ever coached. He then ran down the list...Conlin, Talley, Bennett, Spielman, Paup, etc... and said Spikes is by far more talented than any of these guys ever were. He was all pumped up and wide-eyed. He kept pronouncing the name TACK..eo though. He also said to stop listening to talk radio regarding Posey. He feels that this guy's not a 1 year wonder but the real deal. He kept going back to Spikes' speed, instinct, motivation, etc.. I was all pumped up when I heard this last night.

WG
06-04-2003, 11:20 AM
It all starts w/ D!!!

Go Bills!!!

TedMock
06-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Let's hope! Where are you watching the games this season?

THenPitBull
06-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Let's just hope no one from another team gets too seriously injured from FLETCH'N SPIKES. well unless its Ricky Williams.

ublinkwescore
06-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
A friend of mine bartends at Ilio Dipaolo's in Blasdell. For years the Bills players and coaching staff has frequented that place. My buddy's been there since we were in high school and they cater all the Jim Kelly party's etc.. Anyway, he said Chuck Lester stopped at the bar the other day and told him that in 16 or so years with the Bills that Takeo Spikes is THE BEST LB he's ever coached. He then ran down the list...Conlin, Talley, Bennett, Spielman, Paup, etc... and said Spikes is by far more talented than any of these guys ever were. He was all pumped up and wide-eyed. He kept pronouncing the name TACK..eo though. He also said to stop listening to talk radio regarding Posey. He feels that this guy's not a 1 year wonder but the real deal. He kept going back to Spikes' speed, instinct, motivation, etc.. I was all pumped up when I heard this last night.

So what you're RRRREEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYY tryin' to say is that he's a Ray Lewis clone waiting to explode right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillsOwnAll
06-04-2003, 01:44 PM
its been so long since we had a awesome defense!

hey
06-04-2003, 03:05 PM
tell me when it happens

Doc
06-04-2003, 03:12 PM
I can see why you're worried.

hey
06-04-2003, 05:00 PM
you must see somethimg i dont

Doc
06-04-2003, 05:19 PM
I think that's obvious.