PDA

View Full Version : I think wilson meant

Mitchell55
01-08-2010, 11:42 PM
We dont want to hire a coach just because of a splashy name.

It makes more sense.

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I agree.

I think it's dumb to think he actually meant he is "against having" a big name coach.

If that was the case, the ball wouldn't be "in Cowher's court." They never would have even talked.

mrplowjr_ez_v
01-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I think you're absolutly right. you have to realize that the english language has changed alot over the past 90 some odd years.

The use of the word "just" is not proper. I'd like to see a transcript or video of the interview to see "just" how it was said.

You really have to think of talking to your great grandfather, and how he might speak, or say the things ralph says. I mean really we don't talk the way they did back in the 20's/30's

BillsWin
01-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Great post Mitchell! :up:

Mudflap1
01-09-2010, 12:01 AM
I actually do agree also Mitchell. Wilson said back in November that he was going to pursue and make a lucrative offer to a big name coach. It would make no sense that he would go back on that now. Well, maybe it does make some sense. But still, I don't think it's right.

Heck, the AP misquoted Pat Moran on the billboard story, so I can see how Wilson could be slightly taken out of context also.

Throne Logic
01-09-2010, 12:03 AM
That's how I read it, Mitchell. There also might be some truth in what MrPlow posted. Ralph's quotes really do come across very different on paper than what you hear out of his mouth.

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I actually think he meant basically what he said. We don't want anybody who doesn't want to be here.

I'm really hopeful that Cowher will be the Bills next HC, but if the sticking point is that he's not sure he wants to live in Buffalo then he can piss off.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 01:46 AM
We dont want to hire a coach just because of a splashy name.

It makes more sense.

That was my first thought as well.....like when Ralph said they didn't want a big name GM...they wanted a football guy regardless of the name.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 01:47 AM
I actually think he meant basically what he said. We don't want anybody who doesn't want to be here.

I'm really hopeful that Cowher will be the Bills next HC, but if the sticking point is that he's not sure he wants to live in Buffalo then he can piss off.

I think the sticking point is convincing his wife to move to Buffalo and live there for half a year for the next 5 years.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Can Cowher play Quarterback?

A new coach is nice and all but it won't make a lick of difference if the Bills don't find a QB to go along with it.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 01:55 AM

A new coach is nice and all but it won't make a lick of difference if the Bills don't find a QB to go along with it.

Cowher has won with guys like Kordell Stewart and Neil O'Donnell

Novacane
01-09-2010, 06:40 AM

You are right but it's one step at a time.

Mr Hotstepper
01-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Cowher has won with guys like Kordell Stewart and Neil O'Donnell

And Tommy Maddox! So, yes, a good coach can win games without a QB.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
And Tommy Maddox! So, yes, a good coach can win games without a QB.
Never won the big one with those bums.

BILLSROCK1212
01-09-2010, 11:29 AM
best post, long time...good to c u buddy :)

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I agree.

I think it's dumb to think he actually meant he is "against having" a big name coach.

If that was the case, the ball wouldn't be "in Cowher's court." They never would have even talked.

I agree that's what he meant, but read into the statement and it is clear that his intentions are to hire somebody on the cheap again. It just is the way this guy operates...look at the hiring of Nix...everybody thought he'd actually do a thorough search to find the right person, but nope, he did it the same way he's been doing it for years.

Historian
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Wilson said back in November that he was going to pursue and make a lucrative offer to a big name coach. It would make no sense that he would go back on that now. .

Unless he finally woke up from his ten year coma and somebody told him the going rate for a Coach with a Super Bowl pedigree is between 6 and 10 mill per season...

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
...it's time to go to Dennys, after I take a nap.

That's what he meant.