View Full Version : Strike three, Marshawn

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/917050.html

Marshawn Lynch accused of stealing $20
Police officer's wife says running back threatened a friend
by Lou Michel
NEWS STAFF REPORTER

Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch took $20 from a Southtowns woman at a Hamburg restaurant last month, according to information received by The Buffalo News.

The woman's husband, Buffalo Police Sgt. William Crawford, filed a complaint with Hamburg police a day after the incident, but they delayed giving a statement to detectives until Wednesday, in part because she wanted to wait until the Bills' football season ended and Lynch was out of town.

"She's terrified of him. He threatened her girlfriend who tried to retrieve the money after he robbed my wife," Crawford said. "He thinks he's above the law because of his status as an athlete."

The incident occurred Dec. 7, at the TGI Friday's at McKinley Mall, where the detective sergeant's wife and her girlfriend had stopped before heading home.

After hearing what happened, Crawford said he went the next day to the Hamburg Police Department and filed a complaint against Lynch.

Hamburg police declined to comment but confirmed that Crawford made a complaint.

Crawford asked that his wife's name be withheld because she and her girlfriend are frightened of retribution from Lynch.

Crawford said his wife's girlfriend was approached at the restaurant by another member of the Buffalo Bills, who struck up a conversation with the unmarried woman. At some point, Lynch arrived at the restaurant and joined them.

When the woman's girlfriend stepped away from the table, Crawford said his wife pulled out a $20 bill to pay their check in preparation for leaving.

Lynch, 23, of Hamburg, then grabbed the money from her hand.

"He takes the $20 out of her hand, and my wife says "What are you doing?' and Lynch says "Don't worry.' When my wife's girlfriend came back to the table, she told her about it. The girlfriend approached Lynch and said, "Give my friend her money back,' and Lynch threatened her saying "Do you know who I am? There's going to be consequences.' MORE...

McBFLO
01-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Good god get him out of here already. Freddie's the man anyways.

T-Long
01-09-2010, 06:53 AM
I just don't understand what goes through these guys minds sometimes. Seriously, you are a multi-million dollar athlete, and you're stealing $20 from a lady trying to pay for dinner? Wow.

Yasgur's Farm
01-09-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm just sooooo proud!

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Screw him.... time to part ways. Get rid of the thug.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 06:56 AM
I stuck up for him and said he's a young guy just going through growing pains.... but he's obviously just a jackass.

Jeff1220
This sucks because I really want to like the guy. He makes it almost impossible.

SquishDaFish
What is it with this team and drafting RBs. First Travis Henry then Willis McGahee and now Lynch. Jeez

shelby
01-09-2010, 06:57 AM
:doh: Unbelievable.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Yup, on the front pages this morning.

The guy is becoming a PR disaster and probably needs to go.

Unfortunately this just creates anothe hole, since Jackson needs a quality #2 guy to spell him and stay fresh.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Yup, on the front pages this morning.

The guy is becoming a PR disaster and probably needs to go.

Unfortunately this just creates anothe hole, since Jackson needs a quality #2 guy to spell him and stay fresh.

Jackson should be paid #1 money.... he's the real deal.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Is this a joke? Why would he do something so ridiculously stupid? If there is even a shred of truth to this they need to get rid of this loser.

Buddo
01-09-2010, 07:07 AM
This is about as stupid and unnecessary as it can get. I'm afraid that Lynch needs to go.

thesquirrelking
01-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Seriously, WTF? I always thought he was a good guy, just maybe young and stupid. But this just shows how much of jerk he is. I wonder how Goodell is going to handle this?

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 07:12 AM
It's almost like he doesn't understand how to behave as human or make good judgments. For a mama's boy... he doesn't seem to have been raised right.

cocamide
01-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Wow, I guess it's time to change my avatar. I really hope there's no truth to this story.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Jackson should be paid #1 money.... he's the real deal.

Fred is turning 29 next month and needs someone to spell him. He just got a new deal and would need another year like 2009 to have any leverage towards renegotiating.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Marshawn seems to be incapable of acting like a responsible human being. I like him as a football player, but it is time for him to go.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Fred is turning 29 next month and needs someone to spell him. He just got a new deal and would need another year like 2009 to have any leverage towards renegotiating.

He doesn't have as much wear and tear as most 29 yr old NFL RB's.... i guess.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't think I beleive a word of this. Sounds to friggin bizzare to be true. C'mon $20... rediculous

Jeff1220
01-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I don't think I beleive a word of this. Sounds to friggin bizzare to be true. C'mon $20... rediculous

It doesn't sound like he was outright "stealing" the money. It's almost like he was trying to flirt like a kid when they take something and make the other chase them for it. Then the ladies got serious and he got defensive and upset because they didn't play along, hence his whole "Do you know who you're talking to?" routine. They got a little freaked and left.

Thief
01-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I heard the other guy he was with was Aaron Maybin.

Historian
01-09-2010, 07:34 AM
What is it with this team and drafting RBs. First Travis Henry then Willis McGahee and now Lynch. Jeez

You answered your own question BM.

We haven't had a true Pro-personnel guy since Dwight Adams was forced out by Donahoe.

If this is true, this is beyond stupidity. It borderlines on mental illness. Unless of course, it was his own special way of hitting on the chick, lol.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 07:35 AM
It doesn't sound like he was outright "stealing" the money. It's almost like he was trying to flirt like a kid when they take something and make the other chase them for it. Then the ladies got serious and he got defensive and upset because they didn't play along, hence his whole "Do you know who you're talking to?" routine. They got a little freaked and left.

The problem is a hit and run, a weed party in his SUV, then this.

Who's the common participant ?

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 07:36 AM
My cousin bartends there and he just sent me a text saying he thinks it's BS. Said something about the head of security talking to his manager... and they said it didn't happen as far as they know.

Dujek
01-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Bye Marshawn.

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya.

Zero
01-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Really?? Sounds like a publicity stunt. Why on earth would he do something like this? For $20 ? He is on probation! I have to believe that this story is false until proven otherwise. Its just too absurd to believe...

mybills
01-09-2010, 07:41 AM
:hi5:

Jeff1220
01-09-2010, 07:44 AM
The problem is a hit and run, a weed party in his SUV, then this.

Who's the common participant ?

I didn't say it was okay - just clearifying how I see this scenario as having played out.

Historian
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
mybills has a fair point, but consider the scenario:

You came into the league with high expectations....

you just had the worst season of your miserable career....
you're on probation for previous illegal indiscressions....
you just lost your job to a guy from the United Indoor Football League....

wouldn't you stay home and do some self-reflection, as opposed to hitting the club scene every weekend?

I know these guys are young, but they did go to college. They must have some common sense.

Right?

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Bye Marshawn.

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya.

ya know why don't you let the real facts come out before ya piss on the guy

this one to me looks like a staming pile of BS.

but we'll know soon enough

If Marshawn is involved in stealing $20 then I agree.. this guy has a mental illness of some sort.. but still I'm not buying any of this yet :refuse:

Tatonka
01-09-2010, 07:54 AM
this just gave us the green light to draft gerhart!!!

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Really?? Sounds like a publicity stunt. Why on earth would he do something like this? For $20 ? He is on probation! I have to believe that this story is false until proven otherwise. Its just too absurd to believe...

A publicity stunt?

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

To publicize what, exactly?

It's obvious that this thug was trying to pick up one or both of these women, they didn't want to play, and he decided to act like the punk that he is.

He is never going to stop putting himself in situations like this. He will be either dead or in a penitentiary by his 35th birthday, if not sooner.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 07:56 AM
wouldn't you stay home and do some self-reflection, as opposed to hitting the club scene every weekend?

I know these guys are young, but they did go to college. They must have some common sense.

Right?

When I was Marshawn's age having a bad season would make me want to go out and burn off steam more so....

I would go out and party 3-4 nights a week from the time I was 16 - my mid 20's before I slowed down... and if I did any reflecting it was done while I was hanging out looking for ladies, and just having a good old time

No these 20 year old multi-millionaires who have been pampered since High School because of their athletic ability are even less capable of understanding the need to scale it back and chill IMO.

YardRat
01-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Sounds too stupid to be true, in all honesty.

I'm OK with getting rid of Lynch-he's way over rated IMO-but if we lose him we at least had a slight chance of getting something in return. If there does turn out to be any truth to this and there are consequences from the league, then he's pretty much worthless as any kind of asset.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 07:59 AM
This might be BS....

Bills Head of security talked to manager of TGIF and to their knowledge, they said it didn't happen.

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 08:00 AM
OK, for those of you who think this is a made-up story, how do you explain the letter arriving at the woman's house with the $20?

Who could even make that up?

The whole story is just too odd to even make up.

mikemac2001
01-09-2010, 08:00 AM

Right?

TGIF's is a club scene....haha just playing tho

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:01 AM
A publicity stunt?

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

To publicize what, exactly?

It's obvious that this thug was trying to pick up one or both of these women, they didn't want to play, and he decided to act like the punk that he is.

He is never going to stop putting himself in situations like this. He will be either dead or in a penitentiary by his 35th birthday, if not sooner.
Publicity for the restaurant? themselves? :idunno:

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Publicity for the restaurant.

Wow!!! Really?????

"Come to TGI Fridays and have famous thugs steal your cash!!!

For more details, go to tgifridays.com"

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:04 AM
?

Typ0
01-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Wow!!! Really?????

"Come to TGI Fridays and have famous thugs steal your cash!!!

For more details, go to tgifridays.com"

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Publicity for the restaurant? themselves? :idunno:

Restaurant said they have no knowledge of it happening.

Historian
01-09-2010, 08:09 AM
When I was Marshawn's age having a bad season would make me want to go out and burn off steam more so....

I would go out and party 3-4 nights a week from the time I was 16 - my mid 20's before I slowed down... and if I did any reflecting it was done while I was hanging out looking for ladies, and just having a good old time

No these 20 year old multi-millionaires who have been pampered since High School because of their athletic ability are even less capable of understanding the need to scale it back and chill IMO.

Fair enough.

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Restaurant said they have no knowledge of it happening.
Then obviously it could be a publicity stunt for the couple. I was just guessing anyway, but I forgot people have to jump down your throat here. :up:

Novacane
01-09-2010, 08:12 AM
ya know why don't you let the real facts come out before ya piss on the guy

this one to me looks like a staming pile of BS.

but we'll know soon enough

If Marshawn is involved in stealing $20 then I agree.. this guy has a mental illness of some sort.. but still I'm not buying any of this yet :refuse:

The lady got a letter from the cops with $20 in it shortly after reporting the incident. Why did she get money returned to her if it never happened?

Thief
01-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I heard the couple wants to have their own reality show.

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Then obviously it could be a publicity stunt for the couple. I was just guessing anyway, but I forgot people have to jump down your throat here. :up:

Sorry to "jump down your throat" but what you posted just makes no sense whatsoever.

Who would want this kind of publicity? Who would go to the trouble to completely fabricate a story and report it to the police, especially when the girl's husband is a police detective who knows full well that it's a crime to file a false report, and who could stand to lose his job for doing so?

Novacane
01-09-2010, 08:15 AM
OK, for those of you who think this is a made-up story, how do you explain the letter arriving at the woman's house with the $20?

Who could even make that up?

The whole story is just too odd to even make up.

Did not see your post before I posted the same thing. She claims the letter came from the Hamburg police so it would be easy enough to confirm

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I heard the couple wants to have their own reality show.
:chuckle:

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 08:17 AM
The couple wants to take him to court... so they can eventually sue him and get rich.

mybills
Sorry to "jump down your throat"
apology accepted.

WagonCircler
Did not see your post before I posted the same thing. She claims the letter came from the Hamburg police so it would be easy enough to confirm

If you were to hazard a guess as to whether or not I saw it, what would that guess be?

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Those damned crooked cops!

VeggieMan14
01-09-2010, 08:19 AM
The real question is why wasn't he at applebees?

PECKERWOOD
01-09-2010, 08:19 AM
What the hell is this lady doing? This is MARSHAWN LYNCH she is talking to.

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 08:20 AM
The real question is why wasn't he at applebees?

Harder to sneak in your own booze?

Historian
01-09-2010, 08:21 AM
"When ya put the devil into your mouth..." -Dude about to be hung, Hang Em High

snow1989
01-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Whether he was actually stealing the $20 or just 'spoofing' the women to me really doesn't matter.....he is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL athlete.....he should ACT like one. Since he can't seem to understand or appreciate the benefits of it....drop him.

YardRat
01-09-2010, 08:23 AM

Why would the letter come from the Hamburg police and not Lynch himself?

New Ro's Greatest
01-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Don't believe this story. He has too much money to have did such a thing. GO BILLS:whistling

DraftBoy
01-09-2010, 08:29 AM
If true and its hard to imagine it being true given how ridiculously stupid it is...

CJ Spiller anyone?

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:31 AM
cuz the cop had to make his wife's story believable. :D

B-DON
01-09-2010, 08:32 AM

Right?

since when is tgif's a club?

PECKERWOOD
01-09-2010, 08:35 AM
If true and its hard to imagine it being true given how ridiculously stupid it is...

CJ Spiller anyone?

Chris Johnson 2.0?? Sure.

Mr Hotstepper
01-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Hey guys,

"Don't worry about it"

Ha ha. Ship him off to Detroit with Ko.

It really blows because after his rookie year I thought we had the next Thurman.

Mr Hotstepper
01-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Chris Johnson 2.0?? Sure.

Spiller is going in the first round. You endorsing drafting a running back in the first round? Think about it.

Zero
01-09-2010, 08:44 AM

You called what I said "dumb" then follow that up with this little gem? LOL ! Obviously, you were at Friday's and you know EXACTLY what happened right? To surmise what really happened here is equally dumb.

This might be difficult for you to believe, but in this world we have malicious people who fabricate stories for their own personal gain. What, if any, there was to gain in this situation is anybody's guess. Celebrities are an especially enticing target for these individuals.

Now I am not accusing anyone of anything. I merely said that this "sounds like a publicity stunt" because these do not sound like the actions of a cognicent or lucid person. It is a well known fact that Marshawn has made some poor decisions in the past ( to say the least) but this story sounds like he might have lost his grasp on reality. If this is a true story, this dude needs to be seriously evaluated by the team psychologist.

I am not passing judgement on either party, just stating that this story sounds far-fetched: a multi-millionaire rippng a woman off for $20. Now, the woman could very well be telling the truth. On the otherhand this could be an exaggerated tale or even an outright lie. Lets see how this plays out in court. We still live in the land where we are innocent until proven guilty.

Historian
01-09-2010, 08:44 AM
since when is tgif's a club?

Since they served alcohol to women?

Zero
01-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Sorry to "jump down your throat" but what you posted just makes no sense whatsoever.

Who would want this kind of publicity? Who would go to the trouble to completely fabricate a story and report it to the police, especially when the girl's husband is a police detective who knows full well that it's a crime to file a false report, and who could stand to lose his job for doing so?

Unfortunately people act irrational sometimes. Why would people do alot of the things that people do?

YardRat
01-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Hey guys,

"Don't worry about it"

Ha ha. Ship him off to Detroit with Ko.

It really blows because after his rookie year I thought we had the next Thurman.

Freddie is more like TT is so many ways.

DraftBoy
01-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Spiller is going in the first round. You endorsing drafting a running back in the first round? Think about it.

Yes.

Run_Two_Three
01-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Ugh.....How do I change my Username?

Oldbillsfan
01-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Another "Do you know who I am" player. You're nobody

TheBrownBear
01-09-2010, 09:02 AM
There must be more to the story. Maybe he wanted to pay for their dinner and they took offense or something, and then the situation escalated? If not, this guy is probably the biggest moron in history, and the next NFL "Henry" (take your pick - Travis or Chris) story.

Run_Two_Three
01-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I still don't entirely believe this. But it may be the last straw.

mybills
01-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Maybe he wanted to pay for their dinner and they took offense or something
Oh look Typ0, another possibility! ;)

Run_Two_Three
01-09-2010, 09:09 AM

CJ Spiller anyone?

This may be the worst idea I've ever seen. Spend a 1st on a RB? Even if we cut Lynch, we have WAY bigger needs than RB.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2010, 09:14 AM
like Dummy said, should have traded him after the hit & run.

Jeff1220
01-09-2010, 09:17 AM
I still don't think of Marshawn as a bad guy - just criminally stupid.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I can't believe someone said this was a publicity stunt. That is utter stupidity to even think that. This could easily have been a misunderstanding but a publicity stunt? keep grasping at every straw out there to protect your precious bills.

chernobylwraiths
01-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Crawford asked that his wife's name be withheld because she and her girlfriend are frightened of retribution from Lynch.

This is my favorite line in the story. Buffalo Police Sgt. William Crawford asked that his wife's name be withheld. Well, I think he's gonna know that there is a good chance her last name is Crawford.

This is all so stupid it is ridiculous. I see this as happening this way. He grabs the money as one person suggested as a joke and acts all tough, she gets scared, tells her friend and her friend gets beligerant. He thinking this is going OK still acts tough and the women get scared and leave. Did they tell anybody at the restaurant? Nope. I guess telling the waitress or manager would be too difficult and "there would be consequences." So, they left. Hopefully they paid the bill. Then they wait till after he leaves town to file the complaint. I guess the wife's own police officer husband and his gun couldn't protect her from the wrath of Marshawn. This story is so full of BS it isn't even funny. IMO, this is a case of poor judgement, poor assessment, and complete overreaction. Add to that (and I know I will get crap for this) the possibility that the women were white and only know football players from what they read in the paper (Chris Henry, OJ Simpson, Marshawn Lynch, Pacman, Eric Moulds, Travis Henry, ...) and you can guess on the overreaction.

As a side note, I wonder if she has a real good job, though I know what they pay Buffalo cops allows them enough money to live in Orchard Park.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Well, I am done defending the guy. Get him out of here. He isn't even Beastmode anymore. Hasn't been helping us win games and he is a thug.

Get him the **** out of Buffalo.

Mathja
01-09-2010, 09:32 AM
If he really messed up and stole $20 for the sake of stealing $20 I'd be perfectly fine with that being strike 3 and perfectly fine with cutting him.

That story just doesn't add up though. the quotes don't even make sense.
He took the $20 while she was sitting right in front of him. He didn't snatch her purse or steal tip money off the table while she wasn't looking. When you say something like, don't worry about it, usually you're about to pick up someone's tab.

He was probably going to try to pay for their lunch to show off. Before he could give her the $20 back the girls got nervous and confronted him.
Obviously, pure speculation on my part -- but most of us are speculating and assuming he really intended to steal $20. I don't fault anyone for coming to that conclusion based on his track record. I guess we'll find out.

soapman
01-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Unbelievable. You guys will believe and run with anything. This story is so remarkably dumb it doesn't make since. 1 of 3 things happened IMO. The lady thinks all Black people look alike, she brought ML a drink or something and couldn't explain it to her husband, or it just never happened. Think about it, her husband is the Police and she's scared of what ML would do? Think for a minute sometimes people...

soapman
01-09-2010, 09:33 AM
If he really messed up and stole $20 for the sake of stealing $20 I'd be perfectly fine with that being strike 3 and perfectly fine with cutting him.

That story just doesn't add up though. the quotes don't even make sense.
He took the $20 while she was sitting right in front of him. He didn't snatch her purse or steal tip money off the table while she wasn't looking. When you say something like, don't worry about it, usually you're about to pick up someone's tab.

He was probably going to try to pay for their lunch to show off. Before he could give her the $20 back the girls got nervous and confronted him.
Obviously, pure speculation on my part -- but most of us are speculating and assuming he really intended to steal $20. I don't fault anyone for coming to that conclusion based on his track record. I guess we'll find out.
Right. Did anyone check to see if ML put the tab on his bill? Hell she may owe him 4 dollars because she got an appetizer too...

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2010, 09:36 AM

CJ Spiller anyone?

I like Spiller, but no way.

Not with the glaring holes at QB, OT, DT, and LB.

One of the top names at those positions will be there at #9.

Zero
01-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Think for a minute sometimes people...

Sometimes that is just too much to ask of people. If you question things rather than take them at face value, people start to call you names.

buffalobillsfan95
01-09-2010, 09:38 AM
wtf!!! i just got a marshawn lynch jersey and the store does not accept returns :(

soapman
01-09-2010, 09:42 AM
LOL, I just read the whole article. Lynch said he knows the wife. My guess is he's piping her and the husband was on the verge of finding out cus the girlfriend was running her mouth about the story. Think, this happened on 12/7! We were well out of the playoffs by then, what was she saving ML from? Missing out on the rest of the season where he had already been benched? Seriously people...

Typ0
01-09-2010, 09:43 AM
actually, in your scenario you described criminal assault. You can't describe an assault and turn around and try and defend Lynch as having only poor judgement.

This is my favorite line in the story. Buffalo Police Sgt. William Crawford asked that his wife's name be withheld. Well, I think he's gonna know that there is a good chance her last name is Crawford.

This is all so stupid it is ridiculous. I see this as happening this way. He grabs the money as one person suggested as a joke and acts all tough, she gets scared, tells her friend and her friend gets beligerant. He thinking this is going OK still acts tough and the women get scared and leave. Did they tell anybody at the restaurant? Nope. I guess telling the waitress or manager would be too difficult and "there would be consequences." So, they left. Hopefully they paid the bill. Then they wait till after he leaves town to file the complaint. I guess the wife's own police officer husband and his gun couldn't protect her from the wrath of Marshawn. This story is so full of BS it isn't even funny. IMO, this is a case of poor judgement, poor assessment, and complete overreaction. Add to that (and I know I will get crap for this) the possibility that the women were white and only know football players from what they read in the paper (Chris Henry, OJ Simpson, Marshawn Lynch, Pacman, Eric Moulds, Travis Henry, ...) and you can guess on the overreaction.

As a side note, I wonder if she has a real good job, though I know what they pay Buffalo cops allows them enough money to live in Orchard Park.

Mathja
01-09-2010, 09:45 AM
the reporter also made it clear that the girlfriend was unmarried -- probably because the police officer was asked why his wife and her friend were out eating with 2 Bills. they wanted to make a point that Lynch wasn't there because of the wife, but more of a tag-a-long. maybe that's true and maybe it isn't.
Unless I missed something in the story, there are 2 or 3 huge questions that are unanswered and could clear this whole thing up.

1. Did he give her the $20 back?
2. How much was the tab?
3. Was the bill paid at the restaurant -- if so, by whom?

What if the tab was $150 and Lynch picked it up? Maybe he was going to try to be smooth and give her the $20 back for her phone number or something. That wouldn't be cool either, but who knows how they all interacted up to that point. Again, he didn't "steal" $20 in the true sense of the word steal -- there was no real deception involved. So, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense........Somebody will get those questions answered.

there is no way a millionaire with 2 strikes steals $20 just to do it. If it is the case, this will go down as one of the saddest "outside the lines" story ever told on ESPN.

SabreEleven
01-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Unbelievable. You guys will believe and run with anything. This story is so remarkably dumb it doesn't make since. 1 of 3 things happened IMO. The lady thinks all Black people look alike, she brought ML a drink or something and couldn't explain it to her husband, or it just never happened. Think about it, her husband is the Police and she's scared of what ML would do? Think for a minute sometimes people...

Why is this so hard to believe? Marshawn hasn't exactly been a boyscout since he has been in the NFL. He has made some stupid decisions in the past, why is it hard to believe he made another one?

chernobylwraiths
01-09-2010, 09:51 AM
actually, in your scenario you described criminal assault. You can't describe an assault and turn around and try and defend Lynch as having only poor judgement.

:rolleyes:

TedMock
01-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow. Talk about guilty until proven innocent. I know the guy has shown bad judgement in the past and if this story is true he's a total dirtbag. I am in no way defending him, but people are jumping all over it as if it has already been proven. He has been accused, not found guilty. Even with his past judgement, this one is so unbelievably stupid that I have to question the validity of the story. wait to find out everything first. If he did it he's a scum. If not, she & her husband are scum.

baalworship
01-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Has anyone questioned why a police officer would want a Grand Jury to investigate a transaction of $20? Marshawn is not the only one with a history of stupidity. Cops do not have a reputation for high intelligence.

Turf
01-09-2010, 10:47 AM
What ****ing tool Lynch is. He's not that good a running back either.

Zero
01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Wow. Talk about guilty until proven innocent. I know the guy has shown bad judgement in the past and if this story is true he's a total dirtbag. I am in no way defending him, but people are jumping all over it as if it has already been proven. He has been accused, not found guilty. Even with his past judgement, this one is so unbelievably stupid that I have to question the validity of the story. wait to find out everything first. If he did it he's a scum. If not, she & her husband are scum.

Glad to see cooler heads prevailing here.

And just to clear up what I said earlier: I in NO WAY believe this was a publicity stunt or a way to get attention. Perhaps I should have clarified or used a more appropriate word. I merely pointed out that it sounded like one due to the shocking nature of the accusation. It would make any reasonable person skeptical as to the validity of the story as depicted by the plaintiff's. Again, not to defend Lynch, but I believe that there is more to this story than what is being told. Time will tell.

SABURZFAN
01-09-2010, 10:54 AM

i'm thinking the same thing. i wonder if this restaurant has cameras to back her accusation. sounds like somebody looking for an easy payday to me.

ParanoidAndroid
01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read from a news source. There have to be more important topics to cover.

I guarantee this goes nowhere.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 10:56 AM

I don't know. If the news feels this is worthy of news they should have sent a reporter to the station and ask who the money came from. You think the cops would send her the $20 themselves thinking that would end it? I don't. This is not about the $20.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 11:06 AM
What is funny is we are hearing the exact same excuses for this idiot as the last 2 times he got in trouble.

Historian
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
What is funny is we are hearing the exact same excuses for this idiot as the last 2 times he got in trouble.

By the same people who complain about athletes getting preferential treatment, lol.

kernowboy
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
this just gave us the green light to draft gerhart!!!

Or James Starks

kernowboy
01-09-2010, 11:20 AM
It might sound weird, but it can be true.

There were some soccer players over here in England found guilty of stealing bathroom fittings worth less than $40 from a DIY chain, despite being on $20,000 a week ($1m per year)

Money and sporting prowess does not equal intelligence in any sport. Sometimes their overwhelming arrogance leads them to think they can get away with anything

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 11:27 AM
yeah, im not really buying this, ill hold off until their is an actual proof....

JJamezz
01-09-2010, 11:33 AM
LOL, I just read the whole article. Lynch said he knows the wife. My guess is he's piping her and the husband was on the verge of finding out cus the girlfriend was running her mouth about the story. Think, this happened on 12/7! We were well out of the playoffs by then, what was she saving ML from? Missing out on the rest of the season where he had already been benched? Seriously people...

FTW!

Historian
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Great picture, JJ!

I'm laughing my ass off.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 11:43 AM
people he didn't steal the money. It sounds to me like he was trying to pay the bill and took it from her to stop her from paying it. But in the process of doing that he committed an assault. Ignorance is no defense. Lynch should be more careful. This might just be a little thing but it's fitting into a pattern for him. The guy is an ignorant trouble maker anyone other than a Buffalo Bill and you guys all throw the book at him.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 11:44 AM
:rolleyes:

you clearly said he committed assault and then said it was OK because he was a coveted celebrity. Great comeback!

Stewie
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
sounds to me like lynch could have paid the bill. does that matter?

Philagape
01-09-2010, 12:24 PM
He hasn't even been charged with anything. Until then, this is a nothing gossip story blown way out of proportion. I find it more believable that this is all heading toward a frivolous lawsuit. A multi-million dollar athlete who's has brushes with the law before walks around with a big, fat red target on him.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
He hasn't even been charged with anything. Until then, this is a nothing gossip story blown way out of proportion. I find it more believable that this is all heading toward a frivolous lawsuit. A multi-million dollar athlete who's has brushes with the law before walks around with a big, fat red target on him.

I think it won't amount to anything but a sports news story on a slow sports news day. But I do believe it happened and indicates that Lynch's attitude will just get him in more trouble somewhere down the road. The part you missed in your analysis was that Lynch has a bad attitude and doesn't have a clue what it means to act in a criminal fashion.

chernobylwraiths
01-09-2010, 01:24 PM
you clearly said he committed assault and then said it was OK because he was a coveted celebrity. Great comeback!

You clearly read into things whatever you want to. In your world, millions of people commit assault everyday and 99% of them are laughed or brushed off.

If she were in fear for her safety, they should have arrested him right then. But, conveniently they waited till he left town to pursue this. This police sarg. sounds brilliant.

BertSquirtgum
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
this story is bull****. why would a millionaire steal 20$ from anyone. bull****

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 03:22 PM
well it looks like buffalo will be drafting a rb in the later rds this year... maybe earlier, maybe we can get cj spiller!!!!!

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
i think it sounds fishy, but then again he has a history of run in's with the law and he has a history of being cheap, ala, getting in trouble with bring his own liquor to bars in buffalo.

it's like no one told him he's a millionaire.

G Wolly
01-09-2010, 04:27 PM

and OJ. Can't forget OJ.

Pat Kane and his cousin beat up a cabbie for 17 cents (or however much it was), so this wouldn't be the first time a strange story occured relating to Buffalo and some type of money transaction.

Get him out of here. Can we draft Mark Ingram?

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 04:48 PM
this story is bull****. why would a millionaire steal 20$ from anyone. bull****

Why would a millionaire sneak liquor into bars over and over again?

BertSquirtgum
01-09-2010, 05:12 PM
i call bull**** plain and simple. why wait at all to tell this story? some of these people have to be ******ed.