PDA

View Full Version : Mort's tweet....

shelby
01-09-2010, 06:56 AM
i know some of y'all don't like Twitter, but it is a great source of info....

SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Michael_Necci (http://twitter.com/Michael_Necci): @SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing) Gut feeling: Who is the next Bills coach? ... Gut feeling, but it's early in process: Leslie Frazier.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 06:58 AM

SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing)
Michael_Necci (http://twitter.com/Michael_Necci): @SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing) Gut feeling: Who is the next Bills coach? ... Gut feeling, but it's early in process: Leslie Frazier.

That doesn't look like Peter King said that... but he probably has a lot of feeling in that gut.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Throw mud at wall... and hope something sticks.

That's ESPN. That's King...thats's all these reports.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 07:10 AM
He was asked for a gut feeling. He gave it. No reason to get mad at him on this one.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2010, 07:22 AM
I like Leslie Frazier. I think I'll start my own billboard movement.

shelby
01-09-2010, 07:23 AM
:rofl:

Novacane
01-09-2010, 07:24 AM
I like Leslie Frazier. I think I'll start my own billboard movement.

Be prepared to pay for that one by yourself. ;)

Jan Reimers
01-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Be prepared to pay for that one by yourself. ;)
I am. I've saved up by not supporting the last 2, which I think make Bills' fans look like 8th graders. Mine will be sophmoric.

T-Long
01-09-2010, 07:35 AM
That doesn't look like Peter King said that... but he probably has a lot of feeling in that gut.
No Peter King did say that. He replied after being asked a question. That's how they do it if you aren't familiar with Twitter. Someone asks a questing @SI_Peter King, and he replies at the end.

Historian
01-09-2010, 07:40 AM
:ill:

If the Bills hire another Joe Blow coordinator, I am officially putting my merch on Ebay.

Seriously.

YardRat
01-09-2010, 08:00 AM
My gut feeling is Ron Rivera.

Could somebody pick that up please, and run with it?

Thanks in advance.

Michael1222
01-09-2010, 08:02 AM
that was my tweet! I'm glad I'm getting noticed!

Thank's guys!

Tatonka
01-09-2010, 08:21 AM

If the Bills hire another Joe Blow coordinator, I am officially putting my merch on Ebay.

Seriously.

already did.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 08:24 AM

Thanks in advance.

Ok if I post this on BB.com boards?

DraftBoy
01-09-2010, 08:25 AM
No surprise since he's our only official interview so far.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Seriously.

I could always use more for my collection. I'll take it! :up:

SabreEleven
01-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Thanks in advance.

Do you need a billboard too?

Demon
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
All the national media says no Cowher and are starting to mention "Frazier" as the guy. Sal Maiorana of D@C on Thursday even said Cowher will NOT be coming in his opinion and we'll go the unproven way and WGR has been saying that the whole time..... only the "junior journalists" keep giving us faith on Cowher. But seriously boys and girls, it may be time to realize we were fooled. We are not getting Cowher. It's going to be between Frazier or Brian Shottenhiemer.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Ok if I post this on BB.com boards?

:lmao:

X-Era
01-09-2010, 01:17 PM
All the national media says no Cowher and are starting to mention "Frazier" as the guy. Sal Maiorana of D@C on Thursday even said Cowher will NOT be coming in his opinion and we'll go the unproven way and WGR has been saying that the whole time..... only the "junior journalists" keep giving us faith on Cowher. But seriously boys and girls, it may be time to realize we were fooled. We are not getting Cowher. It's going to be between Frazier or Brian Shottenhiemer.

We also know that the Bills are being tight lipped about everything.

Did we also forget that Sal told us the interest was mutual even when the main stream media continued to deny it.

The main stream guys have no clue.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
We also know that the Bills are being tight lipped about everything.

Did we also forget that Sal told us the interest was mutual even when the main stream media continued to deny it.

The main stream guys have no clue.

Cowher is not coming, look at Seattle and Washington. Ralph is not serious about Cowher or we would already have him.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Cowher is not coming, look at Seattle and Washington. Ralph is not serious about Cowher or we would already have him.
Cowher's family wouldn't need to decide if they want to live here or not? The family shouldn't take time to think out what they want to do for the next 5 years or so?

Negotiations as big as this one don't take time? Sometimes more than a week? He certainly refused any interview before the season was up. He may simply be a man of principle, some people think like that.

I don't see that him not already being a Bill means he wont be.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Cowher's family wouldn't need to decide if they want to live here or not? The family shouldn't take time to think out what they want to do for the next 5 years or so?

Negotiations as big as this one don't take time? Sometimes more than a week? He certainly refused any interview before the season was up. He may simply be a man of principle, some people think like that.

I don't see that him not already being a Bill means he wont be.

Well they did meet with him in the middle of December, right? I am thinking it's not Cowher holding this up, but it's Ralph. He is not willing to pay up or give the power Cowher wants.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Well they did meet with him in the middle of December, right? I am thinking it's not Cowher holding this up, but it's Ralph. He is not willing to pay up or give the power Cowher wants.

I can understand why you would take that opinion.

I just don't agree with it.

One way or another we will eventually find out.

HAMMER
01-09-2010, 02:14 PM

I was not fooled.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM

SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing)
I'm not bying it

Michael82
01-09-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm not bying it

Me either. I just think the Bills are using this Frazier interview to throw the National Media off the Cowher scent. At least I hope so... :pray:

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I just think the Bills are using this Frazier interview to throw the National Media off the Cowher scent.

Mikey, ...Cowher is PART of the national media...why do the Bills have to throw anybody off the Cowner scent? It's not like it will save them any money and right now they have no competition.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Mikey, ...Cowher is PART of the national media...why do the Bills have to throw anybody off the Cowner scent? It's not like it will save them any money and right now they have no competition.

Maybe because he doesn't want the media who hates Buffalo to start making comments to Cowher saying he shouldn't go there.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Maybe because he doesn't want the media who hates Buffalo to start making comments to Cowher saying he shouldn't go there.
do you really think Cowher would base a decision on what members of the media think about Buffalo?? all anybody on these boards has done for two weeks is bash the media...now we think that the media can influence Cowher?? God help us all.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:26 PM
do you really think Cowher would base a decision on what members of the media think about Buffalo?? all anybody on these boards has done for two weeks is bash the media...now we think that the media can influence Cowher?? God help us all.

I think Cowher hearing crap from Shannon and others would get annoying.

It could also be that the Bills don't want another team to jump in the mix with a surprise firing if the media leaks the news. Maybe they think some teams may take the risk to try to land him.

Or maybe they just are sick of all the Bills bashing and don't want to speak with them, or even provide info to them out of spite.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:39 PM
I think Cowher hearing crap from Shannon and others would get annoying.

I think the coaching fraternity is very small and these guys talk all the time.

It could also be that the Bills don't want another team to jump in the mix with a surprise firing if the media leaks the news. Maybe they think some teams may take the risk to try to land him.

From the Bills perspective correct, but I was talking from Cowher's perspective.

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 03:43 PM
i've lost faith in cowher.

to me as a dude on a message board with no connections to the bills, is that the bills counted their chickens before they hatched, thought they had cowher, he played them straight up, the bills are scrambling to get plan b in place and are just waiting for cowher to say no, instead of saying, "we don't want him."

The bills will let us down. That's all they've done for my lifetime. i feel like a fool for believing that they'd change.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Just speculation but,

It could be that he has genuine respect for the Bills and wants to keep negotiations under wraps to be respectful.

Would you like it if you made an offer and your prospect immediately gave the details to the media? Cowher probably knows how that would look.

If the Bills wanted to keep it quiet and asked Cowher to keep it quiet, I could see Cowher respecting that.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Just speculation but,

It could be that he has genuine respect for the Bills and wants to keep negotiations under wraps to be respectful.

Would you like it if you made an offer and your prospect immediately gave the details to the media? Cowher probably knows how that would look.

If the Bills wanted to keep it quiet and asked Cowher to keep it quiet, I could see Cowher respecting that.
exactly, just like any negotiation between any company and any perspective employee...notice we don't here about who company X is going to chat with about their new CFO position, do we?

Michael82
01-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Just speculation but,

So maybe they are in negotiations, but both sides don't want it to leak out? So they are both keeping it quiet? hmmm, that makes sense. Maybe it still goes back to what was said earlier in the week...the Bills have given Cowher an acceptable contract, but now they gotta agree on their budget for next year and how much power Cowher will have to sign FAs.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:59 PM
So maybe they are in negotiations, but both sides don't want it to leak out? So they are both keeping it quiet? hmmm, that makes sense. Maybe it still goes back to what was said earlier in the week...the Bills have given Cowher an acceptable contract, but now they gotta agree on their budget for next year and how much power Cowher will have to sign FAs.

Just speculation, but maybe his family is still mulling it over and/or they agreed to wait and see what happens this weekend.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Just speculation, but maybe his family is still mulling it over and/or they agreed to wait and see what happens this weekend.

That's kinda what I have been thinking. I originally thought that they told him to sleep on it Thursday night, but now I'm thinking that he said... "give me the weekend and I'll let you know Monday."

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:04 PM
That's kinda what I have been thinking. I originally thought that they told him to sleep on it Thursday night, but now I'm thinking that he said... "give me the weekend and I'll let you know Monday."
Seems plausible.

I could imagine him simply killing it if he had no interest or if we had never made contact. He didn't do that.

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 04:04 PM
if he ends up with dallas because they lose, i don't even know if the patriots will be the team i hate the most.

the cowboys have beaten us twice in the superbowl,
they made JP losman a reality for the Bills
and then they possibly stole cowher from us.

i'm not looking forward to how this may end.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
if he ends up with dallas because they lose, i don't even know if the patriots will be the team i hate the most.

the cowboys have beaten us twice in the superbowl,
they made JP losman a reality for the Bills
and then they possibly stole cowher from us.

i'm not looking forward to how this may end.
I cant see him having any interest in working with Jerry Jones. Doesnt seem like a fit at all.

But I dont even want the opportunity to be out there.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Seems plausible.

I could imagine him simply killing it if he had no interest or if we had never made contact. He didn't do that.

The fact that Cowher hasn't denied any interest and hasn't had his agent say anything to the media leads me to believe that he's VERY interested. I say the same thing about the Bills...they have been extremely silent and they usually only do that when they are busy working on something big. But I gotta admit, Ralph's comments last night upset me a bit. If things are close between the two, why did he basically call out Cowher?

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
The fact that Cowher hasn't denied any interest and hasn't had his agent say anything to the media leads me to believe that he's VERY interested. I say the same thing about the Bills...they have been extremely silent and they usually only do that when they are busy working on something big. But I gotta admit, Ralph's comments last night upset me a bit. If things are close between the two, why did he basically call out Cowher?

Maybe his diaper had been full for a while and he was "pissy"?

Michael82
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Maybe his diaper had been full for a while and he was "pissy"?

:rofl:

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
this team has been willed to Russ Brandon. he calls all the shots,, he informs ralph when he needs to pony up money. That's what i think is going on.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
this team has been willed to Russ Brandon. he calls all the shots,, he informs ralph when he needs to pony up money. That's what i think is going on.

hmm, that's a very interesting thought and it also explains why they are trying so hard to get Cowher. He knows that the team will make a ton of money from bringing in a coach of that caliber.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Me either. I just think the Bills are using this Frazier interview to throw the National Media off the Cowher scent. At least I hope so... :pray: I never really thought of that before. Good point. I thought that the media percived the Bills organization as cheap and won't go after a big named coach. Therefore, most media outlets think that since Pete Carroll is goin to Seattle, the media assumes we will go after Frezier not only because we are cheap, but i think it's because they think that the Bills will not go the extra mile to get a proven coach=denial. Those are reasons why i'm not bying this crap from the media, especially ESPN.

Canadian'eh!
01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
People who doubt we will get Cowher are always guessing and wrong.

Historian
01-10-2010, 07:26 AM
this team has been willed to Russ Brandon.

Russ Brandon is an employee.

I think this team has been willed to Mary Owen.

X-Era
01-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Russ Brandon is an employee.

I think this team has been willed to Mary Owen.
Yes, but I'm thinking hes almost like a care taker, I don't know that, but I watch how guys "guide" RW around. Nix practically pushes him off the stage at his press conference.

I think hes more of a figure head who likes to let his football people run the show.