PDA

View Full Version : Any Contact With Jim Harbaugh Would Have To Be Kept Totally Quiet

Night Train
01-09-2010, 07:31 AM
As to not ruin his recruiting work at Stanford. Any leak would have some kids changing their mind and bolting.

He can't even say he's not interested because the perception he's listening would hurt.

So the guy is either our next HC or it's never even known we spoke to him until years later, when it's safe.

He's been mentioned by several in the media as a possible choice but have the Bills actaully contacted the guy ? You'll know for sure if he's standing in front of the podium at OBD soon.

Otherwise, it's nothing but speculation unless someone is basically stalking him.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Hey, Jan. You got $10 for my billboard ? :rofl:

Jan Reimers
01-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Hey, Jan. You got $10 for my billboard ? :rofl:
Only if it makes us fans look old enough to shave.

YardRat
01-09-2010, 08:01 AM
IMO Harbaugh isn't even part of the equation.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 08:14 AM
IMO Harbaugh isn't even part of the equation.

If Pete Carroll leaves USC, I'd be shocked if USC didn't call a coach who's inferior roster beat USC twice recently,despite the expected probation. They mention Riley at Oregon St. but why not Harbaugh (unless it's known he DOES have NFL aspirations, like his brother John) ?

DraftBoy
01-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Its a good thought, and one I wouldnt mind. I think Harbaugh would be a great coach for this team based solely on attitude, not sure about his X's amd O's though.

TheBrownBear
01-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I really like Harbaugh and think he'd be a great fit here. A complete 180 from the Jauron era. I don't think it's gonna happen though. It would be too inspired of a move for the Bills front office.

Harbaugh will stay at Stanford for another year or two, then he'll move on the NFL and have immense success.

BTW, Riley is almost for sure going to be the next USC coach. He's a great college coach, a nice guy, and runs a clean program. He's exactly what USC needs to rehab their tainted image. And his wife badly wants to move to SoCal.

On another note, expect UCLA to scoop up all of USC's top 2010 recruits. So when you see the Bruins in a BCS game in two years, remember this post! :)

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I would much rather see a proven college HC then another coordinator getting their first job.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Its a good thought, and one I wouldnt mind. I think Harbaugh would be a great coach for this team based solely on attitude, not sure about his X's amd O's though.

I kept think about Ted Marchibroda and the O he ran in Buffalo and in Indy when Harbaugh was his QB.

So I'm watching a few Stanford games this year (ND,USC,Oklahoma) and noticing Harbaugh likes pounding the ball, running the counter trey, throwing the deep post, lot's of motion..all things Marchibroda loved.

He did learn his lessons well.

baalworship
01-09-2010, 10:19 AM
I like Harbaugh a lot more than Frazier. He just seems like he gets more out of his players. Stanford is not an easy place to coach.

McBFLO
01-09-2010, 10:27 AM
cowher, grimm, harbaugh is my order.

Mathja
01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
At Stanford, Harbaugh is at a competitive disadvantage because of the academic standards his recruits and players have to adhere to.
In Buffalo, he might be at a competitive disadvantage in free agency, because it could be a little tougher to lure guys her (at least until the winning begins).
Bottom line, at least on the collegiate level, he makes the most of what he's got. He's always had less than Pete Carroll and he's done well against him. Many board members are praising the Seattle hire -- If Cowher doesn't come, I can get on board with Harbaugh.
Do the Bills play the Ravens next year? I think so -- that would be pretty cool.

Beebe's Kid
01-09-2010, 10:41 AM
As to not ruin his recruiting work at Stanford. Any leak would have some kids changing their mind and bolting.

He can't even say he's not interested because the perception he's listening would hurt.

So the guy is either our next HC or it's never even known we spoke to him until years later, when it's safe.

He's been mentioned by several in the media as a possible choice but have the Bills actaully contacted the guy ? You'll know for sure if he's standing in front of the podium at OBD soon.

Otherwise, it's nothing but speculation unless someone is basically stalking him.

Hopefully it's kept so quiet, we never hear about it.