PDA

View Full Version : Ditch Lynch

Cleve
01-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Ok, based on the previous legal troubles of Marshawn Lynch, his subsequent lack of productivity and mostly lackluster performance after returning from suspension, and now this newest idiocy where he's accused of stealing money from a woman, it's obvious to me the guy is just a stumble BUM!

So my poll question is simple - To paraphrase The Clash, "should he stay or should he go?"

shelby
01-09-2010, 08:07 AM
He'll need to be replaced, but i'm ready to trade him.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 08:09 AM
We won't get much for him

Historian
01-09-2010, 08:11 AM
We won't get much for him

Trade him for McGahee and the rights to Travis Henry after he's paroled.

:up:

ddaryl
if its based purely on the latest news at this time then no

If it's because we want Jackson to be our #1 and we can get a player in another position of need for him then yes

Jan Reimers
I voted yes. He's much younger and more powerful than Jackson, which gives us that very valuable 2 RB combination which is a necessity in today's NFL.

But Marshawn hasn't really progressed on the field, and has proven to be a disaster off it. And, RB is one of the easiest positions to replace.

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:14 AM
If there's one thing the Buffalo Bills do NOT need to fix, it's the RB's.

NO, do not get rid of him. He performs. :shakeno: to all the "yes" votes.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 08:14 AM
if its based purely on the latest news at this time then no

If it's because we want Jackson to be our #1 and we can get a player in another position of need for him then yes

I said yes based purely on the latest news. The guy is a criminal. There is too much risk involved. Who knows what's next or when? We need our players in practice and on the field not messing around in court and in jail cells.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 08:15 AM
If there's one thing the Buffalo Bills do NOT need to fix, it's the RB's.

NO, do not get rid of him. He performs. :shakeno: to all the "yes" votes.

He performs when he plays. He missed 1/4 of the season last year because of this crap didn't he? What good is he when you can't trust that he'll be on the field?

shelby
01-09-2010, 08:16 AM
i agree with Typ0.

snow1989
01-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Is time for him to go.....eventually he'll get suspended or worse.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2010, 08:19 AM
I said yes based purely on the latest news. The guy is a criminal. There is too much risk involved. Who knows what's next or when? We need our players in practice and on the field not messing around in court and in jail cells.
This latest incident (which I believe occurred - why would a cop's wife lie about it?) shows a serious pattern of stupid, wreckless and criminal activity. The guy is apparently incapable of learning from his past mistakes.

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:27 AM
He performs when he plays. He missed 1/4 of the season last year because of this crap didn't he? What good is he when you can't trust that he'll be on the field?
You're gonna get rid of a guy because he (might) make another mistake.
You're gonna say he's guilty in this latest story, because he was guilty in the past.
You're simply not open minded enough to accept any other possibilities?

What if it was a crooked cop..crooked cops want money...what if it was a set up to sue him for more money than that cop makes in 5 years? He wouldn't care about being fired from the police station if he's gonna get that much money. So what if that is really what happened? Wouldn't you feel just dandy then! ;)

I will not call him guilty until he has been proven guilty in a court of law.

I am also glad I obey the law, because I wouldn't want any of you on my jury.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2010, 08:44 AM
The Marshawn apologists could make the case that his criminal activities are getting less serious. From a hit and run (probably while drunk - Chippawa at 2:30 AM, Saturday morning); to a misdeamor gun charge where there was also some pot, but no charges; to a simple snatching of $20 from a lady in a restaurant.

He's definitely coming around.

THRILLHO
01-09-2010, 08:50 AM
We do not need another hole or weakness on this team. Period.

capitolneal
01-09-2010, 08:54 AM
there is 2 sides to every story.... I just don't think this sounds right 20 dollars really maybe he paid the tab... just doesn't sound right

Typ0
01-09-2010, 08:55 AM
no cop is making a story like this to sue for 5 years salary beth that is completely ludicrous. If he's crooked he's got way more ways to make money than take chances like this on something he would never knows would amount to anything...plus no one was injured what's he going to do sue for $20? Get real. The bottom line is he's involved with something again. Granted, we can't be sure what it is but he's had enough history to believe there is something to it. Even the report we are talking about says he feels he's above the law and you are just going to perpetuate that by giving him benefit of the doubt after benefit of the doubt because he's a Bill. I just can't buy into that. I'd much rather have Vick here who is socially and individually showing signs that he recognized his wrong doings and will make efforts to find some positives in them. Lynch is nothing but an ignorant criminal.

You're gonna get rid of a guy because he (might) make another mistake.
You're gonna say he's guilty in this latest story, because he was guilty in the past.
You're simply not open minded enough to accept any other possibilities?

What if it was a crooked cop..crooked cops want money...what if it was a set up to sue him for more money than that cop makes in 5 years? He wouldn't care about being fired from the police station if he's gonna get that much money. So what if that is really what happened? Wouldn't you feel just dandy then! ;)

I will not call him guilty until he has been proven guilty in a court of law.

I am also glad I obey the law, because I wouldn't want any of you on my jury.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 08:56 AM
there is 2 sides to every story.... I just don't think this sounds right 20 dollars really maybe he paid the tab... just doesn't sound right

That's what I thought too. Why in the hell would ML steal 20 bucks from someone? But his ability to get a pass on anything has come and gone. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who forgive him just like they forgave him for running someone over while he was loaded.

Buddo
01-09-2010, 08:57 AM
In many respects, it has become immaterial whether or not he is 'guilty' of anything. The fact is, these incidents just keep happening. Irrespective of any verdict etc. in this case, Goodell has the power to suspend Lynch further if he so wishes. Chances are, he will.
As others have stated, Lynch is of no use to the Bills if he is suspended.
Personally, I'd just flat out cut him. Even trying to get something for him in a trade, is probably not worth the effort.
It has been reported that Lynch got pulled from the game by Fewell against the Colts, because when he was supposed to spell Jackson, he made next to no effort on the play he was in for.
Looks like Lynch has a case of bad attitude, generally. There is no place on a football team for that sort of thing.
The guy seems like he needs to grow up, and fast. It's probably best for both parties, if he does it away from the Bills now.

mybills
01-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I guess you don't know what (what if) means.

Typ0 - "Throw him in jail. He's guilty!"

Mr Hotstepper
01-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Every team has some scumbags on it. It's a fact of life.

You won't get any value trading him, and will even have a hard time finding a dance partner. (Washington? Houston? San Diego?)

So the second option would be to cut him. Then you risk him signing in the division in New England (Fred Taylor will be done. You wanna play against Lynch in a Pats uni?), Miami (Ricky Williams is a free agent and old, Ronnie Brown had his 3rd season ending injury in 5 years), or the Jets (Thomas Jones is old, Leon Washington has a bad leg and is a free agent)...

Personally, the best case scenario is to keep him. I don't think he's a high paid player. (Must not be to steal the money ha ha)...but frankly, if we can get a coach with a strong personality and strong leadership, he'll get the most out of Lynch.

Randy Moss hit a cop with his car. You gotta keep things in perspective from the standpoint do you want to win the Super Bowl or do you want to be last in the Turd Watch on PFT? I choose A.

-Look at Anthony Hargrove getting serious playing time in the Playoffs and tell me we were smart to cut him. His pay was practically nothing. We gained nothing by ditching him, and we could have used him, CLEARLY this past season.

Historian
01-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Now you're being silly beth.

What we're saying is this is a pattern of behavior.

And it's not changing for the better.

Historian
01-09-2010, 09:03 AM
You gotta keep things in perspective from the standpoint do you want to win the Super Bowl or do you want to be last in the Turd Watch on PFT? I choose A.

I'd say we're there, wouldn't you?

mybills
01-09-2010, 09:04 AM
What we're saying is this is a pattern of behavior.

And it's not changing for the better.
That = guilt.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2010, 09:16 AM
I voted yes. He's much younger and more powerful than Jackson, which gives us that very valuable 2 RB combination which is a necessity in today's NFL.

Jackson proved he can be an every down back.

TheBrownBear
01-09-2010, 09:21 AM
To tell you the truth, I really don't give too much of a crap about what he's done off the field. The fact of the matter is that he's only been average, at best, compared to his reputation and where he was drafted. He's not a game changer and I think that's evidenced by his being passed on the depth chart by a journeyman UFA, who, btw, put up a better season (check the ypc number) than Lynch ever has while playing behind perhaps one of the worst Bills offensive lines in history.

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 09:51 AM
i kinda have a feeling this particular theft is being taken out of context and that perhaps marshawn was misunderstood. Im just saying there is a chance that is the case.

but i think, keeping him or not keeping him is out of our hands. Goodell will talk to lynch, get his side, and then if he suspends him, he's getting half a year or a full year.

and as a side note, i'd like to thank clueless dick jauron for giving Omon way for a completely useless James Hardy. Now as we go to another suspension, we literaly have no running back and must rely on the draft when we already need many other positions. Dick Jauron is going to haunt this team for at least 2 more years.

hydro
01-09-2010, 10:23 AM
That = guilt.

No

That = pattern of behavior

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd get rid of him because he's simply not good enough to be the number 1 RB on this team.

He is completely unnecessary and unneeded.

Add in all of his legal troubles and mentality, no brainer.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-09-2010, 10:31 AM
I'd get rid of him because he's simply not good enough to be the number 1 RB on this team.

He is completely unnecessary and unneeded.

Add in all of his legal troubles and mentality, no brainer.

He's good enough to be a number 2.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 10:34 AM

So are a bunch of other no name average NFL RBs who don't find off the field trouble every offseason.

Ship his ass out for whatever you get.

baalworship
01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
You guys remember the lady who claimed our running back did something indecent outside her house last year? I said right away the story had massive holes in it and soon enough we found out that was the case.

This story has issues as well and I am surprised how quickly people jump to conclusions. Marshawn deserves to be thought of as immature but there is no public pattern of him being malicious or intentionally criminal.

http://www.everyjoe.com/articles/charges-against-corey-mcintyre-dropped/

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 10:41 AM
You guys remember the lady who claimed our running back did something indecent outside her house last year? I said right away the story had massive holes in it and soon enough we found out that was the case.

This story has issues as well and I am surprised how quickly people jump to conclusions. Marshawn deserves to be thought of as immature but there is no public pattern of him being malicious or intentionally criminal.

http://www.everyjoe.com/articles/charges-against-corey-mcintyre-dropped/

Hit and Run isn't malicious or intentionally criminal these days?

hydro
01-09-2010, 10:43 AM

Only if he takes a pay cut...

baalworship
01-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Hit and Run isn't malicious or intentionally criminal these days?

Are you saying he tried to hit the fat girl dancing in the rain? The fact that he didn't immediately stop could be due to immaturity or maybe he got scared because he had smoked a blunt or been drinking.

If he was an INTENTIONAL hit and run criminal as you suggest then why hasn't he run over anyone else?

kernowboy
01-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Its quite possible we can pick up local lad James Starks from the Bulls in the 5th/6th.

He is a decent receving option and has enough size (6ft2, 211lbs) and speed (4.55) to play ....

Don't Panic
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Too early... option three - wait and see what the truth is about this. Until he truly f's up off the field, I'm fine with him being one half of our RB attack. If he's guilty... so be it. There are many other RB options always available via draft and FA.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Are you saying he tried to hit the fat girl dancing in the rain? The fact that he didn't immediately stop could be due to immaturity or maybe he got scared because he had smoked a blunt or been drinking.

If he was an INTENTIONAL hit and run criminal as you suggest then why hasn't he run over anyone else?

you make choices in life. Call it stupidity, immaturity, fear, whatever you want he hit someone and drove away and that is criminal. And yeah he probably did it because he was smoking blunts and drinking and that makes it OK!

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM

So he hit someone and then unintentionally ran away?

You hit someone, you know it.

He chose to leave the scene, INTENTIONALLY.

That's like saying yeah, the killer grabbed a gun and shot someone, but it wasn't intentional because after all he didn't shoot anyone else!

Interesting theory.

Cleve
01-10-2010, 07:02 AM
The guy's a PR nightmare, and gives both the team and the city a bad name. Even if he were a great player, he doesn't accomplish much when he sits out several games per season due to suspension and such. If he were an intelligent man he would have cleaned up his act after a serving a suspension. But he didn't. So what's the obvious conclusion?

Great running backs are not just athletic, but they combine athleticism with smarts to gain yards when it didn't appear any could be gained. In the second quality Lynch is clearly lacking. Dump him.

Griff
01-10-2010, 09:37 AM
fired? trade, sure, but fired? no.

kelly2reed4six
01-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I'd love to believe he did not do this, as it seems so petty; but when you've got a history you lose the benefit of the doubt. It really is a shame!

OpIv37
01-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Ok, based on the previous legal troubles of Marshawn Lynch, his subsequent lack of productivity and mostly lackluster performance after returning from suspension, and now this newest idiocy where he's accused of stealing money from a woman, it's obvious to me the guy is just a stumble BUM!

So my poll question is simple - To paraphrase The Clash, "should he stay or should he go?"

nice work on the Clash quote.

Without reading through this whole thread, my opinion is this:

Lynch is a bum, but we should keep him for one more year. This has nothing to do with Lynch himself. It has to do with the team. Lynch never really got rolling this year, but I think that was due to the suspension. Assuming he doesn't get suspended again, I have a feeling he will be much better next year.

Meanwhile, this team has only two RB's on the roster (Bruce Hall doesn't count- he's PS at best), and has huge holes at QB, OL, DL, and LB. I don't want RB added to that list. If we keep Lynch and Jackson, we can grab a mid round rookie or an aging vet as a 3rd stringer and we're set at RB.

Or, to simplify: I'd like to get rid of him, but I think that's a luxury the team can't afford at the moment.

Mr Hotstepper
01-10-2010, 10:25 AM
nice work on the Clash quote.

Without reading through this whole thread, my opinion is this:

Lynch is a bum, but we should keep him for one more year. This has nothing to do with Lynch himself. It has to do with the team. Lynch never really got rolling this year, but I think that was due to the suspension. Assuming he doesn't get suspended again, I have a feeling he will be much better next year.

Meanwhile, this team has only two RB's on the roster (Bruce Hall doesn't count- he's PS at best), and has huge holes at QB, OL, DL, and LB. I don't want RB added to that list. If we keep Lynch and Jackson, we can grab a mid round rookie or an aging vet as a 3rd stringer and we're set at RB.

Or, to simplify: I'd like to get rid of him, but I think that's a luxury the team can't afford at the moment.
As I said before: Cedric Benson. It's been highly debated since he arrived whether or not this team used him right. He's still really young, I believe under 25.

You don't just give some other team a bargain because he did something stupid. We have no coach. We have no disciplinary structure. He's probably depressed at how his career has been going, and we all do dumb stuff when we are depressed.

Especially young people. Kids in my town are like on a suicide string. 3 in 3 weeks. Kids are f'n stupid. If the thought line is "Well I'm never gonna be anybody anyway, I never get the ball, I'm 23 and stupid..." Of course the world will be all about him. But I'm tellin you, we let him go and we'll regret it.

Frankly, Henry and McGahee both played better after they left here. And you gotta admit, Lynch is the boyscout of the 3. And it didn't stop several teams from taking these guys with no qualms whatsoever.

Its about winning games, not being boy scouts.

Plus out of Willis and Travis, Willis had his best season as a pro this year.