PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular kid is thorwing a party....

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 08:37 AM
and can't get anyone to come....

That's how I feel about the Bills and their coaching search...

Bills have a coveted job opportunity in the NFL... but can't get any of the cool kids to bite.

ChristopherWalken
01-09-2010, 09:01 AM
LOL

Mathja
01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
It's a pretty good analogy, but still, there are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. So, the unpopular kid still has something that other people want. Therefore, some of the cool kids will show up.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 09:39 AM
It's a pretty good analogy, but still, there are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. So, the unpopular kid still has something that other people want. Therefore, some of the cool kids will show up.

Popular kids may just wait for the next party than ruin their image hanging with the uncool kid.

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 09:56 AM
personally i think our party is for tuesday and if we don't have cowher by then, then no one showed up to the party and we'll be crying in our mother's bossom.

I am hoping x-era, jim kelly, russ brandon, pat moran, etc all give us what they were hearing with cowher from the end of the season to whoever we hire as coach.

i am losing faith in getting cowher.

as much as i hate espn and most national media hatred for buffalo, how can they all be so clueless? i think they may know that frazier is the guy.

if literally nothing happens this week, and minny wins next week, we know that the bills are taking frazier. no way the bills let cowher take up to 3 weeks to decide. even without other teams competing..

methos4ever
01-09-2010, 10:06 AM
If that's the case, I'd rather have the kid that people never paid attention to and later hit it big, leading to people in revisionist history remembering him as the cool kid. Hopefully said kid isn't also the booger eater. Then we got problems.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Unpopular kid is thorwing a party....and can't get anyone to come....

that's when everyone shows up and trashes the kids house and then leaves him high and dry when the parents come home and kick his ass. :balloons:

zone
01-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I think we are already hanging out with the hot girl and we don't need any more cool kids coming to the party to try and ruin our game. Hence turning away Billick who was clearly rounding up all his friends to come and crash.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 10:33 AM
But, the kid's dad has BOOZE.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 10:36 AM
But, the kid's dad has BOOZE.

exactly... raid the liquor cabinet

SABURZFAN
01-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Bills have a coveted job opportunity in the NFL... but can't get any of the cool kids to bite.

after 50 years of meddling, pennypinching, and below average results, it's finally catching up to The Old Fart. who can blame the "cool kids?"

Historian
01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
that's when everyone shows up and trashes the kids house and then leaves him high and dry when the parents come home and kick his ass. :balloons:

...or come just to piss in his pool.

Zero
01-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Good one.

The analogy I came up with was:

We're at a dance and all the kids are dancing with each other except us and probably the hottest chick in the school. And there's a possibility she'd rather sit on the rafters all night than dance with you.:banghead:

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 11:29 AM
We are the last man on earth and she still won't sleep with us....

Michael82
01-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I think we are already hanging out with the hot girl and we don't need any more cool kids coming to the party to try and ruin our game. Hence turning away Billick who was clearly rounding up all his friends to come and crash.

Hmm good point. We know that we are close to getting into the hot girl's pants. And if we started flirting with another girl who isn't as attractive (Billick), that would piss off the hot girl and chase her away.

G Wolly
01-09-2010, 04:29 PM
We're the kid who is aiming for the hottest most popular girl in school.

Yet inside we know we can only settle for her fat friend instead and that's good enough for us.

PECKERWOOD
01-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Billick would make tons of sense if we hired him, not saying it will happen, but he is very comparable to Bill Cowher and at a fraction of the costs... To be honest, if I were Ralph Wilson, Billick would be my #1 priority, even if Cowher wanted to come.

TheBrownBear
01-09-2010, 04:36 PM
We have never, in our history, been able to attract a top flight coach (outside of maybe Knox). Levy was a retread that we just got lucky with. Not sure why everyone thought this would magically change this time.

No offense, I love Buffalo, but most outsiders think of the city as a punchline, and the idea of laying down roots there would be laughable to them. There's great people there, but it's a small city that is mostly dead at this point. Plus, the weather sucks and the taxes are out of control. Hell, our hero Jim Kelly basically had to be forced here. Buffalo's charm becomes apparent once you actually live in it, but it's hard as hell to convince someone to give it a shot.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Billick would make tons of sense if we hired him, not saying it will happen, but he is very comparable to Bill Cowher and at a fraction of the costs... To be honest, if I were Ralph Wilson, Billick would be my #1 priority, even if Cowher wanted to come.

He would be my #2 priority.

jamze132
01-09-2010, 07:32 PM
The Buffalo Bills are like the butt of a Carrot Top joke.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 09:16 PM

How would Billick make sense....

We need to find a QB and develop him and build an offense.... two things he couldn't do in like 8 years at Baltimore...