• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Hotstepper
    Zoner
    • Jan 2010

I am going to be severely dissappointed with a Frazier hire

There may be a thread like this, IDK, I didn't scan through the whole thing...And, I can understand that the Bills, if they truly are going after Cowher and he just turns us down, I'm not going to be mad about that.

But the fact is, Leslie Frazier may be ready to be a head coach, but I don't think he's ready to be a head coach in Buffalo. This team needs a personality change and he does not bring that. How could you even argue that we are built to play Cover 2 when we can't do it well? Take away the Jets game and it was an average year for our secondary as well. Ask yourself do you think it was more our secondary or more Sanchez in that game? Yeah.

For the GM to come out and say he would prefer a coach with head coaching experience and then go after Cowher and after getting shut down just interview Frazier and call it day...That'll be enough to possibly set me over the edge of giving a damn anymore.

Frankly, this season I haven't been all that impressed with Minnesota's defense. Especially their secondary. Henderson went down and they immediately have been falling apart and I don't see Minnesota advancing in the playoffs. Especially if they have to play Green Bay again, who is really hot right now.

We hire Frazier and we can get ready for a season similar to what St Louis went through this year. Sure. Spagnulo was a great coordinator and he was technically "ready" for a head coaching job. But he wasn't ready to take over a mess. Harbough got handed a machine ready to run through people. His first year he inherits an all star defense with a coach at MLB. A potential pro bowl QB in Flacco and a 2 headed monster run game. I could coach that.

Here, he'll inherit Evans, Jackson, Byrd...who else to we have that we could even sort of brag about? Our d end considering retirement? Our 0 sack 130lb d end?

Also, hiring Frazier would pretty much end any hope for any production out of Maybin. And how will hiring another d-coordinator change anything on offense? Who could he get to be OC? Seriously?

IDK, I'm not so much fearing not signing Cowher as much as I'm fearing signing another NFC north defensive coordinator to be our head coach. 3 in a row. (Jauron, Fewell, Frazier)
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: I am going to be severely dissappointed with a Frazier hire

whatever coach we get if we switch to a 3-4 on Defense i like him already

other then that i will be disappointed

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Not my first choice, but it really depends on who he would bring in as coordinators.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Frazier is Cover 2 coach.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

well be prepared to be disappointed

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

A Frazier hire would be a joke and a cruel one at that!

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Frazier is Cover 2 coach.

i know that....hinting ill be disappointed with him or any coach that isn't 3-4

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• Mr Hotstepper
                Zoner
                • Jan 2010

The biggest decision in the history of this franchise is looming right now. The wrong move honestly could spell disaster. People, I think, will actually put their money where their mouth is with a Frazier hire, and stop buying tickets.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

Viking secondary lost Winfield for like 6 or 7 games.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

If we don't interview at least 5 more HC's 1st before hiring a guy like Frazier then I am officilay a fair weather fan until we return to a bonafide SB contender

I'll keep and eye on the team, but I will cancel my Sunday ticket and I will not be buying any Bills paraphenalia...

Now if the Bills publicly bring in a couple of big name HC's to interview, and make it very known publicly, and then interview 3-5 more top Coordinator or College candidates then and only then will I accept Frazier as the Bills HC and stick around to witness what happens

but I still will boycott putting money into the team with paraphenalia etc.. until I see a real football team playing this game. Hire Cowher and I go bonkers the day of the announcement

but yes.. I fail to see why Frazier is getting the press that he is.. He's just another Coordinator with marginal success and not nearly enough history of success to feel he is worthy of consideration let alone being our HC
                    Last edited by ddaryl; 01-09-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                      • Oct 2002

They definitely need to bring in more than Fewell and Frazier for their coaching search. Ridiculous.

It sounds like they have talked to Cowher, but they can't just continue to wait and see what happens with only Fewell and Frazier as their other two candidates.

Comment

• Demon
                        • Mar 2003

"severely disappointed" is an under statement.
                        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          If we don't interview at least 5 more HC's 1st before hiring a guy like Frazier then I am officilay a fair weather fan until we return to a bonafide SB contender

I'll keep and eye on the team, but I will cancel my Sunday ticket and I will not be buying any Bills paraphenalia...

Now if the Bills publicly bring in a couple of big name HC's to interview, and make it very known publicly, and then interview 3-5 more top Coordinator or College candidates then and only then will I accept Frazier as the Bills HC and stick around to witness what happens

but I still will boycott putting money into the team with paraphenalia etc.. until I see a real football team playing this game. Hire Cowher and I go bonkers the day of the announcement

but yes.. I fail to see why Frazier is getting the press that he is.. He's just another Coordinator with marginal success and not nearly enough history of success to feel he is worthy of consideration let alone being our HC
                          This.

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Every year people take this stance lately...if they don't do this or that, I'm handing in my fan card.

It simply isn't true.

Ralph knows this.

He just holds the specter of no football in Buffalo over everyone's head to drum up ticket sales.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              Every year people take this stance lately...if they don't do this or that, I'm handing in my fan card.

It simply isn't true.

Ralph knows this.

He just holds the specter of no football in Buffalo over everyone's head to drum up ticket sales.
                              I'll never stop liking the Bills. Or watching games and even attending games. But i really doubt i will buy season tickets with this bozo as coach. I just can't see my self doing it. Sorry if that makes me a bad fan.

But, they will be gone soon anyways, no need to quit on them, they will quit on us in no time.
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X