PDA

View Full Version : Dallas and Washington

chernobylwraiths
01-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I really don't understand why Shanahan went to Washington. I figured he would want all the power of a GM and Head Coach. I figure Snyder gave Shanahan some power regarding players, but he DID hire a GM before he hired Shanahan.

Now with Dallas, I have no idea why somebody taking the Dallas HC job, if it becomes available, would be that much better personel wise than in Buffalo for one big reason. Jerry Jones. HE makes all the final decisions. Even Parcells had to take TO on the team because Jerry wanted him. I wonder if he wanted Pacman too. Didn't Wade have part of his staff in place hired by Jerry before he even became HC? Yeah, the next guy will have a WHOLE lot of say when it comes to who they hire, draft and pick up in FA.

I know Snyder and Jones like to spend like drunken sailors, but it doesn't mean that they are gonna be fine with who they spend it on.

Night Train
01-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Snyder has the attention span and patience of a 5 year old but I don't see him as a meddler at all. Bruce Allen and Shanny probably agreed on lots of things, making it an easy hire.

Jones is all about marketing his team & himself. His personal greed knows no bounds. Anyone working for him will be form fitted for puppet strings.

I couldn't believe Parcells ever went there.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM
I couldn't believe Parcells ever went there.

that's when it became apparent that Jones was what you said... If Jerry couldn't step aside for Parcells then he was obviously not going ot do it for any coach

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Shanahan will regret going to work for Dan Snyder. I'm not just saying this because he spurned the Bills, but because Snyder is a coach killer...and a proven one at that!

zone
01-09-2010, 10:23 AM
that's when it became apparent that Jones was what you said... If Jerry couldn't step aside for Parcells then he was obviously not going ot do it for any coach
That is why I don't think Cowher is waiting for Dallas. Why would he want to work in that type of situation?

chernobylwraiths
01-09-2010, 10:25 AM
That is why I don't think Cowher is waiting for Dallas. Why would he want to work in that type of situation?

I like the "he pulls the Bill's hat out from under the desk" scenario best.

Pinkerton Security
01-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Snyder and Jones will spend the money to get players, where Ralph doesnt consistently. This is the reason Cowher wont come here and this is the reason I'm getting pissed off this offseason. We've heard several reports that Cowher is hesitant to take the job because the old bastard is a penny pincher, so basically Ralph is too cheap to get us players and therefore to cheap to get us a great coach.

Good job Ralphie.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I really don't understand why Shanahan went to Washington. I figured he would want all the power of a GM and Head Coach. I figure Snyder gave Shanahan some power regarding players, but he DID hire a GM before he hired Shanahan.

Now with Dallas, I have no idea why somebody taking the Dallas HC job, if it becomes available, would be that much better personel wise than in Buffalo for one big reason. Jerry Jones. HE makes all the final decisions. Even Parcells had to take TO on the team because Jerry wanted him. I wonder if he wanted Pacman too. Didn't Wade have part of his staff in place hired by Jerry before he even became HC? Yeah, the next guy will have a WHOLE lot of say when it comes to who they hire, draft and pick up in FA.

I know Snyder and Jones like to spend like drunken sailors, but it doesn't mean that they are gonna be fine with who they spend it on.

Jerry does not matter. Money and profile and style of life matter. Dallas wins the battle

zone
01-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Jerry does not matter. Money and profile and style of life matter. Dallas wins the battle
Really, you peg Cowher as the type who wants limelight and a lavish lifestyle? Dallas sucks anyhow IMO, I will take Western New York any day.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Really, you peg Cowher as the type who wants limelight and a lavish lifestyle? Dallas sucks anyhow IMO, I will take Western New York any day.

me too... the only good thing to come out of texas is an empty bus

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
have you not seen the new stadium? Please.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Shanahan will regret going to work for Dan Snyder. I'm not just saying this because he spurned the Bills, but because Snyder is a coach killer...and a proven one at that!

Not really...Marty succeeded after going to Washington in San Diego.

Outside of Marty, Snyder's picks for HC have been terrible to put it mildly.

Spurrier? Laughable. Joe Gibbs? Should have never returned. Zorn? Not HC material.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 10:41 AM
have you not seen the new stadium? Please.

New stadium does rock

but $30K for the right to buy season tickets for 30 years is a very sad way of going about paying for it

and I do sincerely hope that somehow the finances for Dallas come apart, because if this is successful the entire league will be destroyed in the short term IMO... Maybe 3-5 markets could support such an idealogy, and the only ones watching football in Dallas are the well to do'ers, not th eaverage Joe who used to dominate football games. Dallas is the anti-Blue collar town and our arch enemy

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
ddaryl... they are sold out for like the next century