PDA

View Full Version : SI reports Frazier is likely

ct bills fan
01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
yikes.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=166010

According to SI.com's Jim Trotter, Vikings defense coordinator Leslie Frazier is the clubhouse leader for the Bills head coaching job.

Frazier reportedly "blew away" new Bills GM Buddy Nix in his interview. He employs the same Tampa 2-style defense that Perry Fewell ran, so he wouldn't have to completely rebuild on that side of the ball. Trotter also reports that Frazier will still interview in Seattle because Pete Carroll has not been promised full control of the Seahawks. Jan. 9 - 12:34 pm et
Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter

Michael82
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why the **** the Bills would stop after only 3 ****ing interviews. Bill Cowher is definitely their first choice by far. We are waiting for him to say yes or no. hopefully he says yes to coming to the Buffalo Bills on NFL Today tomorrow afternoon. :pray:

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
yikes.

According to SI.com's Jim Trotter, Vikings defense coordinator Leslie Frazier is the clubhouse leader for the Bills head coaching job.

Frazier reportedly "blew away" new Bills GM Buddy Nix in his interview. He employs the same Tampa 2-style defense that Perry Fewell ran, so he wouldn't have to completely rebuild on that side of the ball. Trotter also reports that Frazier will still interview in Seattle because Pete Carroll has not been promised full control of the Seahawks. Jan. 9 - 12:34 pm et

The blown away comment was already reported be Vic Carrucci and this is all speculation based on that comment.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Bill Cowher is their top choice. Then they will go from there.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 11:53 AM
how does he know he blew away buddy nix, i think they were picking that up from that other rumor....

all speculation... if not im ok with the hire, id rather have harbaugh though....

Mudflap1
01-09-2010, 11:54 AM
It could be 100% true. And it could be a "safe leak" from OBD. If Cowher walks, they can always say Frazier blew them away all along. If Cowher chooses the Bills, everyone would be impressed.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Bill Cowher is their top choice. Then they will go from there.

Hopefully they give Billick a chance if Cowher turns them down. He's been campaigning for the job and you gotta give Billick credit for one thing, he certainly knows how to build a good staff.

Mudflap1
The blown away comment was already reported be Vic Carrucci and this is all speculation based on that comment.

And that was shown to be completely made up.

Furthermore, if Jim Trotter from SI.com said this, why isn't it on SI.com?

DMBcrew36
Lets say, hypothetically, that this happens.

Russ Brandon has his work cut out for him. They name Nix as GM, Frazier as coach. That leaves Bills fans nowhere - we're not inspired, we haven't been shown that the organization has done anything to reposition themselves or put themselves on the right track. To give them the benefit of doubt and blindly follow is to ignore the past 10 years of ineptitude and frustration.

Brandon better hope they have the best offseason in memory that centers around the acquisition of a legit QB, because they've run out of gimmicks, like those they've used in the past year or two to sell tickets (Marv, TO, etc).

Jaybird
01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
It could be 100% true. And it could be a "safe leak" from OBD. If Cowher walks, they can always say Frazier blew them away all along. If Cowher chooses the Bills, everyone would be impressed.

Cowher is the number one choice, so if it turns out to be someone else we will know Bill declined the position

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
if frazier is hired i wonder if he will bring some 46 looks to this vanilla defense....

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I will not be buying season tickets or any other BS the Bills try and sell.... if they hire this guy.

NorthCarBills
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Ah, the blown away comment...wasnt that what happened when Gregg Williams intereviewed?

Nothing against Frazier but not the guy I want as new HC.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Hopefully they give Billick a chance if Cowher turns them down. He's been campaigning for the job and you gotta give Billick credit for one thing, he certainly knows how to build a good staff.

I believe he is ten times the better option than Frazier strictly based on what he brings to the table staff and experience wise.

YardRat

I have to disagree with you on this Mikey...Billick, the offensive genius that he is, had plenty of opportunity to put together a good staff for Baltimore's offense, and failed to do so.

Wolffman
if they hire Frazier I can't see the majority of home games being sellouts.

Zero
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
If frazier is hired, I'll be blown away too :shoothead:

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
yikes.

This can't be totally true...ESPN has been reporting for an hour that Carroll and the Seahawks have agreed to a 5 yr. $35 mil deal.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Ah, the blown away comment...wasnt that what happened when Gregg Williams intereviewed?

Nothing against Frazier but not the guy I want as new HC.

That's the thing that annoys me. Doesn't Ralph remember what happened when we were blown away in the interview? We hired Gregg Williams! Then Marv was blown away by Jauron. :puke:

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe its just a miss print... Maybe it supposed to say Buddy Nix blew Leslie Frazier

I don't get any of this either, and if If Frazier is really our guy then I will conclude very quickly that this is just more of the same and act accordingly

bills4ver
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
if the bills actually hire Frasier this organization is just pathetic...... they owe the fans a proven winner a proven coach

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
What I don't understand is Seattle and Washington get their guy right away, but the Bills "say" they want Cowher but they are taking their time. I am starting to think Ralph is not serious about Cowher and is just full of BS.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 12:11 PM
What I don't understand is Seattle and Washington get their guy right away, but the Bills "say" they want Cowher but they are taking their time. I am starting to think Ralph is not serious about Cowher and is just full of BS.

Or it's Cowher who is trying to convince his wife and family that it would be a good move. I'm hoping that Jim And Thurman's wives are at least chatting with Mrs. Cowher.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:12 PM

Ralph has been putting out smokescreens the entire time...he's as serious about putting a winner on the field as he has been for the past 10 years. It's all about the $$$ with this guy.

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:13 PM
WOW is right. I knew when it was time to make the next step with Cowher that they wouldn't. It was nice to get excited and the last few days of "Cowher watch" were fun, but, back to reality now.

They told us we would have a massive GM search.... nope. They interviewed inhouse and 2 of the guys they spoke with should have been fired when Jauron was. They hired Buddy Nix because he was CHEAP.

They said they wanted an OFFENSIVE minded coach, wanted to throw the long ball. Nix said the cover2 won't work in Buffalo. They said they will make a search. After interviewing their first guy outside the organization, they are "sold" Wonder what "sold" them? The fact that Frazier told them he would be willing to work for cheap and has a crew set up also on the cheap?

What a joke.

The more this seems like the more i'm starting to believe all those very negative people.... the ones who keep saying Wilson is going to attempt to win on the cheap and if it fails, people will stop watching/stop going and he can sell it to Los Angeles and said "FANS DID THIS!"

Novacane
01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm not gonna let myself get worked up over this report. If it turns out to be true at least we have the fact that Ralph Wilson is 91 and he can't live forever to look forward to.

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Btw, according to the article, Nix was "blown away" by Frazier's interview. Just wondering, but, how many interviews has Nix been in the room for i wonder? Does he even know how to get blown away by a candidate?

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Or it's Cowher who is trying to convince his wife and family that it would be a good move. I'm hoping that Jim And Thurman's wives are at least chatting with Mrs. Cowher.

First, I am betting that these guys don't "convince" the wife. They are power driven alpha males who, I would bet, are married to understanding women who know money talks. Two, it doesn't matter if the wives talk. IF the guy wants the job (regardless who it is) he will be here.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm not gonna let myself get worked up over this report. If it turns out to be true at least we have the fact that Ralph Wilson is 91 and he can't live forever to look forward to.
which might also mean the end of the franchise in Buffalo - just sayin'.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Leslie Frazier = Thurm :puke: all over the place.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I still don't believe it

I don't see how the Bills can do this and not expect the very worst of outcomes... and I hope those who are saying they are fed up really stick to thier guns this time.

but then maybe Ralph has been trying to push us over the edge so he can sell, and he figures if they won't get fed up and tell me to sell then I'll milk them for as much as I can until we finally blow our gaskets....

Typ0
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
WOW is right. I knew when it was time to make the next step with Cowher that they wouldn't. It was nice to get excited and the last few days of "Cowher watch" were fun, but, back to reality now.

They told us we would have a massive GM search.... nope. They interviewed inhouse and 2 of the guys they spoke with should have been fired when Jauron was. They hired Buddy Nix because he was CHEAP.

They said they wanted an OFFENSIVE minded coach, wanted to throw the long ball. Nix said the cover2 won't work in Buffalo. They said they will make a search. After interviewing their first guy outside the organization, they are "sold" Wonder what "sold" them? The fact that Frazier told them he would be willing to work for cheap and has a crew set up also on the cheap?

What a joke.

I cut out the last part of your post because I don't know about that but you have done an awesome job of highlighting how this organization seems to work. Seriously, if they hire this guy and run the cover2 I am truly devastated for the wonderful people of Western New York.

Zero
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM

That's what I find especially frustrating. But I can see why.

Understand that those teams, unlike the Bills, are reputable franchises that are professionally run. The Bills are a hard sell to established, highly regarded HC's . Its the equivalent of a top engineer having his choice of designing cars at Ferrari as opposed to at Kia. YOu might be inclined take a little less money to work at Ferrari, no?

Zero
01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
I still don't believe it

I don't see how the Bills can do this and not expect the very worst of outcomes... and I hope those who are saying they are fed up really stick to thier guns this time.

but then maybe Ralph has been trying to push us over the edge so he can sell, and he figures if they won't get fed up and tell me to sell then I'll milk them for as much as I can until we finally blow our gaskets....

I dont like to "bill"ieve in conspiricies much, but it doesent take a genius to see how this scenario plays out. The fans will be outraged if this guy is hired and there will most likely be a significant reduction in ticket sales. And the stage will then be set...

Akhippo
01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
This reminds me of last years draft. I agonized through the first couple picks hoping Orakpo would fall and as the possibliities closed my hopes rose. Then its just us and Orakpo, what could possibly derail this. Then we pick Maybin (Frazier).

Orakpo goes to the pro bowl and we are left with a guy learning how to succeed because he didnt have the natural skills to get it done immediately.

What the hell is this; ground hogs day around here.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
which might also mean the end of the franchise in Buffalo - just sayin'.

Key word MIGHT. At this point I could care less. So our choice is 1. a perennial joke of a team that always lets you down and basicly has no chance before the season even starts and has an owner that makes a fool of himself everytime he speaks. 2. no team at all. I'll take no team if thats the choice. I'd rather take the chance a new owner just might keep the team here and start running it like it should be run.

Akhippo
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I know moneys precious and all, but if I was 91, I would go balls out broke getting a coach and FO and players. Ralph, you cant take the money with you. You worked hard to earn it, but its staying here without you.

Put it to good use and pull the franchise out of this slump. Improve your legacy in your final years.

Historian
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Key word MIGHT. At this point I could care less. So our choice is 1. a perennial joke of a team that always lets you down and basicly has no chance before the season even starts and has an owner that makes a fool of himself everytime he speaks. 2. no team at all. I'll take no team if thats the choice. I'd rather take the chance a new owner just might keep the team here and start running it like it should be run.

Me too.

:bf1:

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
The thing that blew Nix away was the fact Frazier said he could lure 62 year old Al Saunders to be our OC. LMAO!

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
That's what I find especially frustrating. But I can see why.

Understand that those teams, unlike the Bills, are reputable franchises that are professionally run. The Bills are a hard sell to established, highly regarded HC's . Its the equivalent of a top engineer having his choice of designing cars at Ferrari as opposed to at Kia. YOu might be inclined take a little less money to work at Ferrari, no?

and what ... pass up an opportunity to get employee pricing on a Kia... Korea here I come !!!

Mathja
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Ralph-- Major changes coming.
Buddy--bigger, more stout defense to handle the weather. Proven coach with past experience is preference.

Reality -- Brandon stays. GM hired from within. unproven coordinator gets hired who specializes in the same defensive scheme the team has been running for a few years.

If it truly is more of the same, i'm going to have a hard time rooting for them. I was outraged last year when Jauron wasn't let go. I waited a whole year for the major changes.
Give me something. Give me Harbaugh. Give me a guy that runs a crazy blitzing defense. Just give me something different -- not the same old crap. Please!! It's been a decade. We're hanging by a thread here.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Buddy--bigger, more stout defense to handle the weather. Proven coach with past experience is preference.

Reality -- Brandon stays. GM hired from within. unproven coordinator gets hired who specializes in the same defensive scheme the team has been running for a few years.

If it truly is more of the same, i'm going to have a hard time rooting for them. I was outraged last year when Jauron wasn't let go. I waited a whole year for the major changes.
Give me something. Give me Harbaugh. Give me a guy that runs a crazy blitzing defense. Just give me something different -- not the same old crap. Please!! It's been a decade. We're hanging by a thread here.

Well said and this should be how every fan views these moves...more of the same, just a new packaging.

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
this is the spin i was expecting when the bills realize that cowher isn't coming. this is the type of news to temper the disappointment.

i guess i should thank the bills for giving me my season ticket money back to me and all the stupid bills related stuff i buy.

i wish i could seethe bills profitablity figures of 2009 vs. what the projections will be with frazier as coach.

Mathja
01-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I think the reason things have been so tight-lipped at OBD is because Russ realizes that things will get ugly if the fanbase got it's hopes up for Cowher and they delivered someone much less inspiring. He does understand basic marketing.
Shanahan to Washington wasn't nearly as secretive. Even Carroll to Seattle wasn't quiet and it seemed to come together pretty quickly. Until yesterday, nobody at OBD even acknowledged that Cowher was a candidate and Cowher has said nothing himself.
Now that Wilson has spoken and confirmed that Cowher is a candidate I think it means he already got his answer or a firm deadline has been set.

I have nothing against Leslie Frazier. He may turn out to be an amazing head coach. But any equity this organization has built with me has been lost over the last decade. NFL teams can be arrogant. They could assume they always know more than the average fan. Well, I've got news for them. If Wilson did exactly the opposite of what has transpired for 10 years, they'd be in a better spot. From coaching selections to trades to free agent signings to the firing of a strengh coach -- every decision could and should come into question.
So, when the fans step up and basically beg that we go in another direction -- maybe they should listen a little more. I know they'd bring Cowher if he'd come. And it won't be their fault if he doesn't come. But again, Frazier is too much like Jauron and too much like Greg Williams. And Buddy Nix is too much like what they already had.
They promised major change. And I don't think we're going to get it. How is Russ going to market this?

Ingtar33
01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
if frazier is hired i wonder if he will bring some 46 looks to this vanilla defense....

why would he? he hasn't anywhere else he's coached.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 02:05 PM

I know...people really need to go do some research on Frazier and understand that if he comes here, there will not be many changes from what you saw with Jauron.

HAMMER
01-09-2010, 02:18 PM

I would have a hard time looking past his previous comments denegrating the Bills job.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
yup....he is a Tampa 2 guy...which for this team makes sense financially...keep most of the guys we have which is cheaper than overhauling.

Historian
01-09-2010, 02:23 PM

A major change for Ralph is going from Kayopectate to Maalox.