PDA

View Full Version : Source: Cowher “nearly a lock” to coach in 2010

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I want Cowher here perhaps more than anybody, and I'd love to report nothing but rose-colored Cowher info, especially with the billboard going up Monday. But the fan in me has left the building and I have to go back to doing what I'm supposed to do.

(and by NO means do these quotes mean Cowher isn't coming here, BOTH sources, who are solid, both admit they do not know what is going on and are going off what other's have told them.

A source I spoke with this morning told me that Bill Cowher is “nearly a lock” to coach in the NFL again in 2010. But Bills fans shouldn’t get excited quite yet. Just because the Buffalo is the only team with a help wanted sign hanging on their head coaching door, it doesn’t automatically equate to Cowher roaming the sidelines in Orchard Park next season.

“All my Cowher sources say no way”. The same source said, but also admitted there’s so much conflicting information out there they could be wrong.

Although there ‘s no other openings other than Buffalo at this moment—or at least once Pete Carroll is officially named Seattle Seahawks coach, that could still change in the coming days.

I’ve spoken to another source in the past 24 hours. While acknowledging he didn’t have direct insight, he said he knows a pool of reporters and “to a man, they say the odds are infinitesimal.”

FULL STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/source-cowher-nearly-a-lock-to-coach-in-2010/)

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
see ya. time to find another team

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
We're not waiting for Cowher, we're waiting for that awesome, inspirational hire of Leslie Frazier to get the fans excited! This franchise is and probably always will be a joke.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
man is buffalo that bad, that its no way he wants to be here.... christ, just sell the team ralph, we cant win in this town....

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Pat...at least some money will be donated for Hunters Hope on the endeavor.

And you'll get some name recognition for the future.

Unfortunately it won't get Cowher, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't think they were ever serious about Cowher.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Umm, Pat..this is bad writing...you should use something like "he's a cannonball" or something...not a "belly flop" when trying to describe something that is good. JMO

“We don’t want to rush into hiring a coach just to be hiring somebody quick,” Wilson told the AP Friday. “We don’t want to hire a coach with a splashy name.”

That scares Bills fans holding out hope for Cowher. Cowher isn’t just a splash; he’s a belly flop.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't think they were ever serious about Cowher.

Simply not true.....

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Simply not true.....

And you know this how?

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Simply not true.....

The most hated person from BBMB comes on and tells me it's not true. Now that is funny.

ddaryl
If this is what the franchise has been reduced to... then the rest of Ameirca wins.. they get their wish and the Bills will be no more... and Buffalo will finally be **** on once and for all to the joy of the majority of our own countrymen and women

TerrellOwensSharpie8
And you know this how?

A lot of different folks. Just ask some here on the board about it..... the matter of all of this is that it is Cowher's decision right now. The Bills have done all they can

Novacane
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Hurry up Ralph. Just prove you are a cheap loser and hire Frazier. Put all us suckers out of our misery. Nix and Fraizier. What a ****ing joke :roflmao:

DMBcrew36
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Umm, Pat..this is bad writing...you should use something like "he's a cannonball" or something...not a "belly flop" when trying to describe something that is good. JMO

“We don’t want to rush into hiring a coach just to be hiring somebody quick,” Wilson told the AP Friday. “We don’t want to hire a coach with a splashy name.”

That scares Bills fans holding out hope for Cowher. Cowher isn’t just a splash; he’s a belly flop.

Yeah a flop means it's pretty bad.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Ralph clearly meant he doesn't want to hire someone BECAUSE they have a big name. He wants to hire them because they are the best qualified.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
A lot of different folks. Just ask some here on the board about it..... the matter of all of this is that it is Cowher's decision right now. The Bills have done all they can

We don't know that...

I'm not one to think he would have come here anyways, but it's hard to believe the Bills did everything possible to lure Cowher to Buffalo and then are going to turn around and hire a cheap/first year HC. That just doesn't make sense...it's more logical to think that the Bills have given the impression that they would try everything to get a top-tier HC in here and then do the same old thing and hire on the cheap.

That is, by far, the more likely scenario of what has happened.

mikemac2001
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
WTF can't wait to not go to a game next year

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM

and how do you know this? what was the offer then?

Demon

Dude, your source is a 14 year old from BBMB named rockpilerowdy. The guy who claims he has "inside" sources and then says whites are smarter then blacks.

And, you just joined like 2 days ago, and you're telling nighthawk, whos been here for 8 years to "ask some folks". Dude, i'm pretty sure he knows the latest gossip from this forum. No wonder people on BBMB kicked you off to come here.

Don't Panic
Cool your heads, folks. We should be well-seasoned to the roller coaster by now. Whatever happens, we made our best effort with Cowher. If he comes, glory glory hallelujah. If not, his choice, not ours. I know this isn't based on much experience, but I trust Nix. The drama has been interesting, and frustrating, but in the need I feel like I'm gonna be OK with whatever happens.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
and how do you know this? what was the offer then?

This guy makes up a ton of **** on the BBMB...he's hardly knowledgable about the inner workings of the Bills franchise.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
The Bills made a big push for Cowher. It is in his hands right now.

Thanks for the information Pat, but I think they know he is most likely coming back, but like everyone else and their mother, they are convinced it isn't to Buffalo.

I know it is a pipe dream to believe Cowher will be in Buffalo, but I am convinced from talking to many people around the media and in the league that the Bills at least made a very big go at Cowher and the final decision is now in his hands.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
BTW, I am in Dallas, and talking to people here, it doesn't sound like they want Cowher.

Historian
01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
I think Cowher ends up in Dallas.

They'll probably only win three or four Super Bowls with him....

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Dude, your source is a 14 year old from BBMB named rockpilerowdy. The guy who claims he has "inside" sources and then says whites are smarter then blacks.

And, you just joined like 2 days ago, and you're telling nighthawk, whos been here for 8 years to "ask some folks". Dude, i'm pretty sure he knows the latest gossip from this forum. No wonder people on BBMB kicked you off to come here.

RockPileRowdy is one of the many people I have talked with. Attacking me for something that you don't even know the details about is pretty childish. No one kicked me off the BBMB, I am on there right now.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Cool your heads, folks. We should be well-seasoned to the roller coaster by now. Whatever happens, we made our best effort with Cowher. If he comes, glory glory hallelujah. If not, his choice, not ours. I know this isn't based on much experience, but I trust Nix. The drama has been interesting, and frustrating, but in the need I feel like I'm gonna be OK with whatever happens.

Seriously, it's comments like this that get my blood boiling! Why the hell do you "trust" Nix??? Please, enlighten me!?!?

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the information Pat, but I think they know he is most likely coming back, but like everyone else and their mother, they are convinced it isn't to Buffalo.

I know it is a pipe dream to believe Cowher will be in Buffalo, but I am convinced from talking to many people around the media and in the league that the Bills at least made a very big go at Cowher and the final decision is now in his hands.

Do you think he is honestly waiting to see if Dallas loses? I can't imagine him wanting to coach there.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
This guy makes up a ton of **** on the BBMB...he's hardly knowledgable about the inner workings of the Bills franchise.

I agree, I'm not taking anybodies word for it from a message board, especially that one. I really think Ralph does not want to pay or does not want to give the power Cowher wants. Past performance is an indicator of future performance

Jeff1220
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
This is stage 1. Stage 2 will have officially set in after he officially declines and all the "Cowher sucks anyway" posts start to appear.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I think Cowher will have an answer by Monday morning and hopefully then we will have a press conference at 2:00 to welcome Bill Cowher to Buffalo. :pray:

Nighthawk

IF that is true, then why would we not be pursuing other proven, experienced HC...such as Billick or Marty or even proven college HC's? IF they were so intent on actually getting a proven guy to come here, why interview coordinators when they know that the fans do not want that? Do you see what I'm getting at? It does not add up...it seems more a "show" for the fans then anything.

Dying_-2-_Live
I'm incredibly angry at the moment... I want to hurt someone ;)

Mr. Pink
Seriously, it's comments like this that get my blood boiling! Why the hell do you "trust" Nix??? Please, enlighten me!?!?

I trust Nix because he had success in another organization.

At the very least he has been accustomed to and knows winning.

He should have some fire to keep that feeling going.

Whether he is allowed to do by ownership is another story entirely.

In short, I trust Nix...I don't trust Ralphie to put a good product on the field.

However in that other organization he was a conduit and had someone to contain his creative energies, here he is the guy. Just because you can succeed at a lower level doesn't mean you're meant for the top.

So I am apprehensive on that as well.

BillsWin
Do you think he is honestly waiting to see if Dallas loses? I can't imagine him wanting to coach there.

I don't read minds, so I have no idea what Cowher is thinking. But the fans and media down here are convinced Garrett is in line for the job.

Highest paid assisstant in the league, and the assisstant head coach. They believe without a doubt that if Phillips fails, Garrett is the man. He won't rub elbows with Jerry.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I think Cowher will have an answer by Monday morning and hopefully then we will have a press conference at 2:00 to welcome Bill Cowher to Buffalo. :pray:

Agreed.......

Historian

Wade has never won a playoff game, and even if he wins tonight, you know he's not winning the Super Bowl, despite having one of the more talented rosters in football.

I think Cowher is licking his chops at the thought of running that team...already built....new stadium...and so on, and so forth.

JMO.

Demon

IN YOUR opinion, you forgot to add. The Bills probably made a massive offer to Cowher, similar to the one Shanahan got from Washington. But, it was the CONTROL, the budget for coaches and players, that will keep Cowher away. Bills knew he wouldn't come here for the money. They did their part and they all can high five each other. They knew without the minor details, Cowher wasn't coming so offering him the house was a safe bet to look good.

They interviewed 2 guys and are "SOLD" on a guy. Please.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
IF that is true, then why would we not be pursuing other proven, experienced HC...such as Billick or Marty or even proven college HC's? IF they were so intent on actually getting a proven guy to come here, why interview coordinators when they know that the fans do not want that? Do you see what I'm getting at? It does not add up...it seems more a "show" for the fans then anything.

I know Night Hawk, I know what it looks like. I just think we need to wait and see. Its not like we can do anything.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
at this rate Fraiser will decline the job too.

Im telling yoiu the **** is going to hit OBD like a freakin tsunami

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Agreed.......
oh stfu

patmoran2006
NOTE:

You guys are misunderstanding this.

People who told me a few weeks ago now admit that they DO NOT KNOW what is going on.

that is NOT bad news, folks.

Nighthawk, point taken about the cannonball quote.. changed

cbatl32
I have no inside sources, but I just can't see him coming here now. It is obvious that OBD made their best pitch to Cowher. Now, after numerous days of speculation and no news from Cowher, I just can't see it happening. What could he possibly be waiting for? Lets assume we've given him a whopping contract offer, given him final say on personnel decisions and promised him that we'd spend money on the roster. What else is left for him to decide on?

It is pretty obvious that he does not want to come to Buffalo. If he did, this would have been wrapped up by now. I just wish he'd come out and say 'no', so that we could move on with our coaching search. He is doing us no favors by delaying his decision for days.

I have been so excited that he might be coming. But now I don't even know if I want him. Who wants someone that doesn't want to be here? If he happens to take the job, I fully believe it will only be because he had no other options. And that is sad.

Don't Panic
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM

He has been around the success of our legacy years, and he watched, and took part in, the building of what is now a dominant San Diego team. He has good personnel judgment, which is the foundation of a good franchise. He is well-respected, as has been evidenced by what people involved in the league have had to say about him since our hire.

If that get's your blood boiling, then I guess I understand why things will never be good enough for you.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Its not like we can do anything.

thats the problem. we got NO POWER and no one in the NFL including ralph, cowher, nix, NOONE GIVES A **** ABOUT WINNING THEY ONLY WANT TO MAKE MONEY OFF US

Dicknoze69
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Despite what could be considered bad news, this article also gives us a huge bit of good news:

That Cowher is nearly a lock to coach this upcoming season.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I know Night Hawk, I know what it looks like. I just think we need to wait and see. Its not like we can do anything.

I hear ya, but if people just stop and think about it, it makes no sense at all to go from trying to hire the TOP CANDIDATE to hiring a first year HC who hasn't been able to land a coaching job in 6 tries. Sorry, but the math doesn't add up to me.

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
He has been around the success of our legacy years, and he watched, and took part in, the building of what is now a dominant San Diego team. He has good personnel judgment, which is the foundation of a good franchise. He is well-respected, as has been evidenced by what people involved in the league have had to say about him since our hire.

If that get's your blood boiling, then I guess I understand why things will never be good enough for you.

So well respected that he's gotten 2 GM interviews in the NFL.... Atlanta (fail) and Buffalo. And only reason why he got hired here was he agreed to work for cheap and agreed to be Wilson's puppet.

Nix already admitted he will pick out 2 or 3 of the BEST coaches he interviews and then Ralphie will pick one from there.... the coach isn't going to be "Nix's guy" but Nix's recommendation.

Beebe's Kid
01-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I guess I am a little confused here...as I am sure others are. Now, instead at lashing out at other fans and clogging the thread with personal vendettas... let me ask this... This is really not anything new, and it is where we have been for a couple days, correct?

To the people that were telling us they couldn't disclose information, but something good was going to happen...where are you, and are you still holding the same position? I know X-Era made comments along these lines, as well as possibly BillsFan and Mike? Sorry if I am wrong, and I am not calling anybody out, I guess I am just grasping at straws here.

This being said, I think the CBS idea makes perfect sense, IF Cowher is going to make a move, I think he is going to let them get the scoop... Also, what about Marty's comments.

Thoughts? Comments? Random bashing out of fear that we are doing what we do best, and you can't figure out who to attack?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
NOTE:

You guys are misunderstanding this.

People who told me a few weeks ago now admit that they DO NOT KNOW what is going on.

that is NOT bad news, folks.

Nighthawk, point taken about the cannonball quote.. changed

no, pat your whole article is aobut the non existant chance of him coming
thats bad

Nighthawk

The problem is you completely take Ralphy and his penny pinching ways out of the equation. That just doesn't make any sense and isn't logical.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
I honestly think we find out tomorrow what Cowher is going to decide to do.

You know these rumors to Buffalo will be brought up on air and discussed at length.

Unfortunately, as I have stated in the past, think Cowher will remain with the network.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
if cowher wanted to be here, he would be here by now, ralph destroyed the franchise when he fired polian and now we are probably moving to la,

do u guys really think cowher wants to be in this **** hole with ralph....?

he is staying at cbs, he isnt coming here, time to move on and hope nix can bring in some great talent, thats our only shot at turning this thing around....

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:48 PM
if cowher wanted to be here, he would be here by now, ralph destroyed the franchise when he fired polian and now we are probably moving to la,

he is staying at cbs, he isnt coming here, time to move on and hope nix can bring in some great talent, thats our only shot at turning this thing around....

Well, if the reports are true and Frazier is Nix's top choice, then he has already failed.

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:48 PM

Exactly. When he needs an assurance that you commit to player and coaches payroll, and you stall, that speaks volume. He knows we are not serious.

tothemillers
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
If he does that in front of the national tv he will make Buffalo look really bad to everyone and the Bills do not want that

sillenb61
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Im done with this bills head coach crap cuz if they hire frazier and we dont get an experienced head coach who does not run the tampa 2 i am going to lose it, Sabres and bills have always been equal to me and love them both butthink its time to turn my attention to the sabres fully and get season tickets for them instead and cancel my paul mcguire club seats!!

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Exactly. When he needs an assurance that you commit to player and coaches payroll, and you stall, that speaks volume. He knows we are not serious.

That's exactly what I said would be the stumbling block on getting Shanahan months ago. Not that I wanted the guy or am very high on him.

It's not all about paying a guy a boatload of money, he wants the organization to also commit to spending money on players so they can have a chance at winning and not taint their legacies.

Don't Panic
01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
The problem is you completely take Ralphy and his penny pinching ways out of the equation. That just doesn't make any sense and isn't logical.

I don't take it out of the equation, I just put a little faith in what he said. I feel like he earnestly is willing to spend more this time to get a winner. Do you think the claims of a high offer to Cowher that we've been hearing about are all smoke? Do you think there's nothing to that? And do you have no confidence in Nix's ability to control what he can control, which is something after all?

Demon
01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Well, if the reports are true and Frazier is Nix's top choice, then he has already failed.

And Nix fooled us again. At his PC he said he isn't trying to build a legacy. Wrong. He will forever be known as the man who killed Buffalo Bills football.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
And Nix fooled us again. At his PC he said he isn't trying to build a legacy. Wrong. He will forever be known as the man who killed Buffalo Bills football.

To be fair Ralph did that the day he ran Butler out of town.

While Butler was no Polian, he still had the franchise winning.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't take it out of the equation, I just put a little faith in what he said. I feel like he earnestly is willing to spend more this time to get a winner. Do you think the claims of a high offer to Cowher that we've been hearing about are all smoke? Do you think there's nothing to that? And do you have no confidence in Nix's ability to control what he can control, which is something after all?

So, what you're saying is that we "go after" the Top Coaching Candidate and he turns us down, so the next in line is a first time HC candidate who is going to be cheap? I don't know about you, but in business, when you lose out on a certain CEO for your company, you don't go and hire the manager from Burger King to run your organization. Are you getting the point?!?!

wmoz11
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm going to be sick to my stomach if I hear Cowher say he's returning to CBS on Sunday while sitting between Shannon, Marino, and Boomer. I'm not going to be able to stand listening to those 3 cackle at our expense.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
So, what you're saying is that we "go after" the Top Coaching Candidate and he turns us down, so the next in line is a first time HC candidate who is going to be cheap? I don't know about you, but in business, when you lose out on a certain CEO for your company, you don't go and hire the manager from Burger King to run your organization. Are you getting the point?!?!

What's worse though Mike Martz or Leslie Frazier or Jim Haslett?

Don't Panic
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Some of you guys are just really frickin depressing.... what is the point of investing this much time in something you have so little faith in??? Can you honestly not find one thing better to do with your time?

I'm here because I love this team like a family member. Can be upsetting and difficult times, but unconditional in the end. Hope always springs eternal for the Buffalo Bills.

billsburgh
01-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Despite what could be considered bad news, this article also gives us a huge bit of good news:

That Cowher is nearly a lock to coach this upcoming season.
Buffalo is currently the only opening for a head coach in the NFL. Is he going to coach USC now that Carroll is leaving for Seattle? What other opportunities are there for Cowher? When the cowboys win tonight, that pretty much means Wade will be back in Dallas next year.

Demon
Some of you guys are just really frickin depressing.... what is the point of investing this much time in something you have so little faith in??? Can you honestly not find one thing better to do with your time?

I'm here because I love this team like a family member. Can be upsetting and difficult times, but unconditional in the end. Hope always springs eternal for the Buffalo Bills.

That's a bunch of BS.

SquishDaFish
I don't read minds, so I have no idea what Cowher is thinking. But the fans and media down here are convinced Garrett is in line for the job.

Highest paid assisstant in the league, and the assisstant head coach. They believe without a doubt that if Phillips fails, Garrett is the man. He won't rub elbows with Jerry.

My Dad is a Dallas fan and trust me when I say Garrett will be the Head Coach once Wade is done.

Historian
01-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Hope always springs eternal for the Buffalo Bills.

Eventually you'll get past that...

Nighthawk
What's worse though Mike Martz or Leslie Frazier or Jim Haslett?

Those guys should not be targets either...they should be targeting proven HC in college or known commodities that have shown interest in the position like Billick. It really amazes me that they have not even contacted Billick and screams of how much a smoke screen this process really has been. I just don't think this organization is/was very serious about actually hiring the right guy.

sillenb61

I would take martz at least he can develop a QB and as far as defense goes all he needs to do is get a good DC.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm hopeful that when we hire some guy that generally no one wanted, other teams and fans included, decides to instill a winning culture and gets players that are held up to a higher standard than just their special teams ability.

You don't need a top flight coach to win in this league, you do need top flight talent.

I also have hopes that we can FINALLY find a competent QB who will be around for a while.

ddaryl

WTF?

10 years of complete inept crap. Not a few seasons. 10 years of piss poor drafting, ******ed coaching choices and an offense that has been in bottom 10 for the entire 10 years with absolutly no improvement.

Unconditional is out the ****ing window. I no longer love this team unconditionally... there are conditions...

and yes I'm obsessed right now and have no intention of stopping until I have my answer :poop:

Nighthawk

You're also part of the reason Ralph continues to run this team like he does.

Mr. Pink
Those guys should not be targets either...they should be targeting proven HC in college or known commodities that have shown interest in the position like Billick. It really amazes me that they have not even contacted Billick and screams of how much a smoke screen this process really has been. I just don't think this organization is/was very serious about actually hiring the right guy.

I'm still holding out hope for Trestman :rofl:

Slim
01-09-2010, 01:02 PM

No offense carpetbagger but i'm only 21 years old. The Bills haven't been to the plsayoffs since i was 11. And the only reason i remember that is beacuse of the music city miracle. I don't even know what its truely like to have a "winning" team. It just gets old, i love the bills sooo much. I buy the NFL package, I have a handful of authentic jerseys, i fly out from California twice a year to go to home games. But it feels like the Bills don't give a **** about me.

Don't Panic
01-09-2010, 01:02 PM

Look... I'm not speaking directly to Frazier, nor have I once. But I think your comparison lacks merit... a BK manager? Anyway... there's a lot we don't know, agreed? frazier could have had multiple conversations with potential coaches who simply aren't interested, or he could be in the middle of a three week search with more interviews to come. Drawing conclusions at this point is short-sighted. If you're unhappy with the hire after it's made, rip away. But let this thing play out...

Do you have faith in Nix or is he doomed to fail from day one?

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm still holding out hope for Trestman :rofl:

Ughh...I just don't think Frazier is very good and I don't think he brings ANYTHING good to the table. Everything he believes in and coaches reminds me of Jauron and how he coached. This team needs a different direction, not a guy who will come in and be their buddy. It also amazes me that they did not request permission to interview Rivera?!?! I'd much rather have him then Frazier!

Demon
01-09-2010, 01:04 PM

He would bring in a 62-year old an OC Al Saunders or Chris Palmer.... the same Chris Palmer who has FAILED missiblery as HC or OC in this league. NONE of his teams EVER have scored points and he's an offensive minded coach. Might as well keep Alex Van Pelt for gods sake. And Saunders? Yeah, he did AMAZINGLY in DC and in St Louis. Sometimes, the league just passes you by....

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Look... I'm not speaking directly to Frazier, nor have I once. But I think your comparison lacks merit... a BK manager? Anyway... there's a lot we don't know, agreed? frazier could have had multiple conversations with potential coaches who simply aren't interested, or he could be in the middle of a three week search with more interviews to come. Drawing conclusions at this point is short-sighted. If you're unhappy with the hire after it's made, rip away. But let this thing play out...

He is doomed to fail if Ralphie handcuffs him.

That is what remains to be seen.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 01:05 PM

I have ZERO faith in Nix until he proves to me that he knows what he's doing...respect is earned and he doesn't deserve it. If reports are true and he hires Frazier after one interview and doesn't even interview other candidates then he has already shown he has no clue what he is doing.

Demon
01-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Nix is just Ralph's puppet. He won't even pick his coach, he will recommend a coach and Ralph will make the final decision. Ralph is a control freak, and for Nix to agree to be someones puppet just shows you something about the guy.

Don't Panic
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Eventually, huh? I've been going to games since 1973... at least 80 at the Ralph and every home playoff game of our SB run.... when do you see this happening? When did you lose faith?

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
He is doomed to fail if Ralphie handcuffs him.

That is what remains to be seen.

Every since he was hired I believed he was hired to be a puppet for Ralph and that is starting to prove true.

Don't Panic
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
WTF?

10 years of complete inept crap. Not a few seasons. 10 years of piss poor drafting, ******ed coaching choices and an offense that has been in bottom 10 for the entire 10 years with absolutly no improvement.

Unconditional is out the ****ing window. I no longer love this team unconditionally... there are conditions...

and yes I'm obsessed right now and have no intention of stopping until I have my answer :poop:

No one's debating that... 10 years of crap, agreed.

What are you waiting for an answer to?

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Ughh...I just don't think Frazier is very good and I don't think he brings ANYTHING good to the table. Everything he believes in and coaches reminds me of Jauron and what how he coached. This team needs a different direction, not a guy who will come in and be their buddy. It also amazes me that they did not request permission to interview Rivera?!?! I'd much rather have him then Frazier!

Damn str8

I want a coach who will be sticking his foot up any players ass that does not give 110% all the time. Take a play off get chewed out... Don't bust your ass in practice, get chewed out and benched.

I have had enough with soft Bills teams and club med type training camps and practices...

Football is a tough sport and you need to be tough, and the majority of those who are tough enough can handle that kind of coach, and the players who can't need ot be shipped the **** out immediately..

I want a ball buster in your face pissed off coach that player fear under performing for.. and that is because I witnessed what Jauron, Mularkey, and Williams brought here... and it was obvious on the field

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 01:14 PM
If Cowher is really leaning towards coaching in 2010, then hope like hell that

1- Fisher stays at TENN and doesnt go to USC
2- Dallas wins tonight to kills a possible Phillips firing.

If those happen, its probably Bills or CBS for Cowher in 2010, and I think next week them two together could pick up steam

thats what im getting out of it anyway

Demon
01-09-2010, 01:15 PM

If those happen, its probably Bills or CBS for Cowher in 2010, and I think next week them two together could pick up steam

Give it up Pat. No matter if nobody else fired their coach, unless Ralph approves major $$$$ flow and power to Cowher, it's as impossible to happening as it gets. And, from all we've seen, it ain't happening.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 01:15 PM
What are you waiting for an answer to?

If the Bills are going to hire a proven HC with experience or are they going to BS us and go ahead and Hire a Frazier with little effort exhausted finding a proven commodity.

if it's a guy like Frazier, and we don't offer the job to a few more proven candidates 1st then I'm taking a major step back from my fandom and like I said I'm just going to be a fair weather fan. I'll start supporting the team again when they prove they are a SB contender

If they do land a Cowher, a Marty S or someone reputable then I go out and spend a few $100 on Bills stuff and re-up my Directtv/ superfan package. If not I spend nothing. If they hire Frazier without offering the job to 2-3 proven availabel HC's 1st then why waste my time and stress myself out supporting this team and wasting my money...

I did not feel It was worth my $300 on the Sunday ticket last year nor the year before that, but I sucked it up and billieved, but I can't do this anymore. I just can not.. I was miserable this year, and it affected my daily existence. The bitterness of watching something that I wouldn't even call pro football has eaten away at me.. our team is and has been that pathetic..

plus Ralph promised big changes.. Still waiting

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Ralph is not serious about getting Cowher. If he was we would have him already(look at Seattle and Washington). Past performance is an indicator of future performance. I'm off the koolaid, Cowher is not coming

X-Era
01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Give it up Pat. No matter if nobody else fired their coach, unless Ralph approves major $$$$ flow and power to Cowher, it's as impossible to happening as it gets. And, from all we've seen, it ain't happening.

No, Pat, don't give it up.

Continue, because I think the Bills are purposely keeping the main stream media in the dark.

This story should end:

1) If the Bills offically hire someone else
2) If the Bills officially say they arent interested
3) If Cowher says he isnt interested

Until then, with reports of meetings, its still a story.

Historian
01-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Eventually, huh? I've been going to games since 1973... at least 80 at the Ralph and every home playoff game of our SB run.... when do you see this happening? When did you lose faith?

I've been going since 1970.

I gave up after Jauron's second 7-9.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2010, 01:21 PM

Continue, because I think the Bills are purposely keeping the main stream media in the dark.

This story should end:

So will this end tomorrow when Cowher says he's staying with the network?

That's the stance he has said all along, it's only the media that says he's coming back.

Or will it be, well Cowher is being secretive and can't play his hand yet?

Demon
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
It's not a story. It's a rumor. The last time they talked could have been weeks ago. Who knows?

Mathja
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM
If it came out that Cowher was waiting to see what happened in Carolina to give Buffalo an answer and now (suddenly) he's making them wait to see what happens in Tenn., then I'd even be ready to say forget about him and move on to someone that truly accepts this challenge.
That said, please not more of the same. No more Tampa 2 coaches. No more low-key, lower energy coaches. Give me something. At this moment -- even with Cowher still out there, I'm almost ready to say give me Harbaugh. That would be a big enough change for me. I'd be excited.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM

as a fan I'll never give it up.

As a reporter, I report what I know or am told, and I think I did that.

I truly don't think the door is closed on Cowher, though if you forced me to risk my life on it, I'd say no.

There are other, unreported factors too. We'll have to see what happens.

One way or the other we should know by this time next week.

Mathja
01-09-2010, 01:26 PM

This story should end:

X, I keep wondering if you still feel confident about the info that made you feel like Cowher was coming. Or if you feel a lot less confident at this moment.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 01:27 PM
It's not a story. It's a rumor. The last time they talked could have been weeks ago. Who knows?

Define story then.

If Shefter says his source indicates Cowher wont be head coaching, is that a rumor or story?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 01:36 PM
the mmoment cowher says no Im past it
im not efin kidding
Im done

X-Era
01-09-2010, 01:38 PM
the mmoment cowher says no Im past it
im not efin kidding
Im done

If that happens, I would not blame anyone for moving on from him.

But it hasn't happened yet.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 01:39 PM
peter king said his sources are telling him that the bills are " in the very begining of this process and that cowher is still in play"

SquishDaFish
01-09-2010, 01:42 PM
If Buffalo doesnt get one of the Big names I want Im also done! Ill go root for my Dads team Dallas or even Baltimore

jdbillsfan
01-09-2010, 01:44 PM
If Buffalo doesnt get one of the Big names I want Im also done! Ill go root for my Dads team Dallas or even Baltimore

What big names are you talking about besides Cowher?

SquishDaFish
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Cowher, Schott SR, Billick, Dungy (I know hes not coming back) and I would settle on Grimm or Rivera.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
peter king said his sources are telling him that the bills are " in the very begining of this process and that cowher is still in play"
when the **** did he say that... three weeeks afriggin go?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 01:52 PM
If that happens, I would not blame anyone for moving on from him.

But it hasn't happened yet.

NO... I friggin done with the bills not cowher

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
he just said it 5 minutes ago.....

Nublar7
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Sometimes the big name guys are not always the best way to go. Sometimes the less known guys like Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Tomlin, Tony Sparano and John Harbaugh are the way to go.

I do not think hiring a guy like Leslie Frazier is a bad move. He is a up and coming assistant you deserves a chance to be a head coach. No guarantee he will work out, but there is no guarantee a big name like Cowher would work out either. Big names like Saban and Gibbs(second run) didn't really work out while guys like Tomlin are winning Super Bowls.

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
First off, I aint givin up until I hear Cowher says he's not interested, until then things can happen, and things can change. As a Bills fan, I'll be absolutely devastated if we don't get Cowher, but whomever we hire, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Whether its Frazier, Billick, Rivera, I will give the new HC a chance, and as a fan of this team, I will continue to live and die w/ this team, no matter how bad it ever should happen to get.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Sometimes the big name guys are not always the best way to go. Sometimes the less known guys like Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Tomlin, Tony Sparano and John Harbaugh are the way to go.

I do not think hiring a guy like Leslie Frazier is a bad move. He is a up and coming assistant you deserves a chance to be a head coach. No guarantee he will work out, but there is no guarantee a big name like Cowher would work out either. Big names like Saban and Gibbs(second run) didn't really work out while guys like Tomlin are winning Super Bowls.

yep, give another unproven a chance. Buffalo: where coaches and QBs come to die

SquishDaFish
01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
We tried the Coordinator route enough now. And Sorry Sparano is not one of the excellent coordinators picked yet. Miami came together as a team more because of what Parcells has done so far not because you got him as a coach.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 01:57 PM
First off, I aint givin up until I hear Cowher says he's not interested, until then things can happen, and things can change. As a Bills fan, I'll be absolutely devastated if we don't get Cowher, but whomever we hire, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Whether its Frazier, Billick, Rivera, I will give the new HC a chance, and as a fan of this team, I will continue to live and die w/ this team, no matter how bad it ever should happen to get.ell

Thats what they are counting on. just keep throwing us crap cause they know that we'll just keep coming back

Im not ready to just keep coming back anymore. Im mad as hell and im not taking it anymore

X-Era
01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
NO... I friggin done with the bills not cowher

I can understand that take too.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 02:17 PM
X-Files... so cryptic the other day and setting like you knew something and now you got nothin.
Im dissapointed in you .

not like its any big deal or anything. Im was a bills fan... dissapointment is a way of life

sillenb61
01-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Pat, somebody posted over at bbmb that billick was just on the radio and said he was interested but that buffalo is looking more fora coordinator to fil the position, do you believe this to be true or is it crap.

Ingtar33
01-09-2010, 02:45 PM

I don't want a fin fan picking my head coach.

Frazier is an up and coming HC candidate? Clearly you never bothered to look at what this guy has done in the NFL. He's only up and coming because he gets the token "Rooney Rule" interview.

I like how you include Sparano in the list of "winners" lol. That's pretty funny. The fins were never a 1-15 team, they just had a god awful football coach in Cameron, who followed a poor pro coach in Saben. So that turnaround probably was nothing more then the fins finding their water level again, once they dumped the dead weight.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I like how you include Sparano in the list of "winners" lol. That's pretty funny. The fins were never a 1-15 team, they just had a god awful football coach in Cameron, who followed a poor pro coach in Saben. So that turnaround probably was nothing more then the fins finding their water level again, once they dumped the dead weight.

post of the day.

Nublar7
01-09-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't want a fin fan picking my head coach.

Frazier is an up and coming HC candidate? Clearly you never bothered to look at what this guy has done in the NFL. He's only up and coming because he gets the token "Rooney Rule" interview.

I like how you include Sparano in the list of "winners" lol. That's pretty funny. The fins were never a 1-15 team, they just had a god awful football coach in Cameron, who followed a poor pro coach in Saben. So that turnaround probably was nothing more then the fins finding their water level again, once they dumped the dead weight.18-14, Division Title, one trip to the playoffs in two seasons. Seems like a success SO FAR to me. His team had a lot of injuries to key players this year and faced a very tough schedule(The Colts didn't lay down for them like they did for the Jets and Bills). Look, my intention was never to get into a "My coach is better then yours" type of argument, I was just commenting on the Bills head coaching search. I am happy with the coaching staff the Dolphins have even though they had an off year this previous season. Go ahead and laugh if you want, but Sparano accomplished two things(Division Title and a trip to the playoffs) during his first two seasons that the Bills haven't done in over a decade.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Ralph clearly meant he doesn't want to hire someone BECAUSE they have a big name. He wants to hire them because they are the best qualified.
And Cowher is not the best qualified?:question:

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-09-2010, 03:05 PM

No I am saying Cowher is the best qualified, but Ralph doesn't want to hire based on the big name...but based on Cowher as a coach

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Yes, he is, thats what Sharpie meant.

Ingtar33
01-09-2010, 03:28 PM
18-14, Division Title, one trip to the playoffs in two seasons. Seems like a success SO FAR to me. His team had a lot of injuries to key players this year and faced a very tough schedule(The Colts didn't lay down for them like they did for the Jets and Bills). Look, my intention was never to get into a "My coach is better then yours" type of argument, I was just commenting on the Bills head coaching search. I am happy with the coaching staff the Dolphins have even though they had an off year this previous season. Go ahead and laugh if you want, but Sparano accomplished two things(Division Title and a trip to the playoffs) during his first two seasons that the Bills haven't done in over a decade.

listen nublar,

I like your enthusiasm, i really do. I don't mind your posts here either, even if you are a fan of a bunch of ******ed fish in garish teal and orange. Heck one of the mods here is a Fish Fan.

But the last thing i want from a Fish fan is your ****** pity!

You don't think we know damned well our team sucks? You think we don't know our team has sucked ever since Wade ****** Philips left? Ever since John Butler went with him? You don't think we know our front office is a joke? That our talent bites. That we have pretty much no hope without a minor miracle this off season of even putting up a 4-12 season next year?

we know all this.

So stop posting your condescending "advice" on how to turn it around, in posts dripping with pity. The condescension and pity are like salt in the open wound right now and i've no interest in humoring you.

I'll lay it out for you so you can see where we are; and understand why your post is bothering me so much so we can all get along in the future.

-We have a senile penny pinching old coot of an owner, who doesn't know what he wants anymore, and who contradicts himself every-time he opens his mouth. Who sold one home game a season to a neutral site for a few million more for his bottom line, and who leaves the day to day operation of his football team to Russ Brandon a MARKETING guy.

-we just finished an "exhaustive" search for a new GM to lead this team in a new direction and end the culture of losing in buffalo... which probably included just two interviews, Tom Modrak and Buddy Nix.

-We have hired 2 "well respected" coordinators in the last decade, both far more "nfl" ready and with a better track record then Frazier, one of whom (gregg williams) is probably STILL a more appealing HC hire then Frazier

-We are the only team bidding for Bill Cowher, and somehow we can't get it done

-Shanahan preferred to take 3 mil less per season and the privilege of getting fired in 3 years by Dan Snyder rather then work for Nix/Brandon and Ralph

-Our HC position is clearly the 2nd least appealing coaching job in the NFL behind the HC position of the Oakland Raiders.

-we have no QB. No LBs (apart from Poz), we need another DT, our best DE is talking retirement rather then face another year of futility, which if he goes will leave our D-line (already a joke) in tatters. We need a LT

-Our no.1 pick RB is being accused of stealing 20 bucks from a woman in a restaurant...

I could go on and on and on... but needless to say we know damned well what the f- is wrong with our football team. We know we suck. But we still fill our stadium while you fruity fish fans can't even manage that much. So suck it. The day i want or NEED advice from a fish fan is the day i join Fireman Ed in a green and white "helmet" and prove i can spell a 4 letter word only with the aid of 70 thousand other mentally challenged idiots in New Jersey.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
listen nublar,

I like your enthusiasm, i really do. I don't mind your posts here either, even if you are a fan of a bunch of ******ed fish in garish teal and orange. Heck one of the mods here is a Fish Fan.

You don't think we know damned well our team sucks? You think we don't know our team has sucked ever since Wade ****** Philips left? Ever since John Butler went with him? You don't think we know our front office is a joke? That our talent bites. That we have pretty much no hope without a minor miracle this off season of even putting up a 4-12 season next year?

we know all this.

So stop posting your condescending "advice" on how to turn it around, in posts dripping with pity. The condescension and pity are like salt in the open wound right now and i've no interest in humoring you.

I'll lay it out for you so you can see where we are; and understand why your post is bothering me so much so we can all get along in the future.

-We have a senile penny pinching old coot of an owner, who doesn't know what he wants anymore, and who contradicts himself every-time he opens his mouth. Who sold one home game a season to a neutral site for a few million more for his bottom line, and who leaves the day to day operation of his football team to Russ Brandon a MARKETING guy.

-we just finished an "exhaustive" search for a new GM to lead this team in a new direction and end the culture of losing in buffalo... which probably included just two interviews, Tom Modrak and Buddy Nix.

-We have hired 2 "well respected" coordinators in the last decade, both far more "nfl" ready and with a better track record then Frazier, one of whom (gregg williams) is probably STILL a more appealing HC hire then Frazier

-Shanahan preferred to take 3 mil less per season and the privilege of getting fired in 3 years by Dan Snyder rather then work for Nix/Brandon and Ralph

-Our HC position is clearly the 2nd least appealing coaching job in the NFL behind the HC position of the Oakland Raiders.

-we have no QB. No LBs (apart from Poz), we need another DT, our best DE is talking retirement rather then face another year of futility, which if he goes will leave our D-line (already a joke) in tatters. We need a LT

-Our no.1 pick RB is being accused of stealing 20 bucks from a woman in a restaurant...

I could go on and on and on... but needless to say we know damned well what the f- is wrong with our football team. We know we suck. But we still fill our stadium while you fruity fish fans can't even manage that much. So suck it. The day i want or NEED advice from a fish fan is the day i join Fireman Ed in a green and white "helmet" and prove i can spell a 4 letter word only with the aid of 70 thousand other mentally challenged idiots in New Jersey.

Excellent post! But man is that depressing. :sigh:

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Excellent post! But man is that depressing. :sigh:

You know what's more depressing? Our freakin' owner can't figure it out and we will continue to suffer...that's more depressing!

ejsmith
01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
As evil as it is to say it... I'm going to say it. Our only hope... and it's a very scary one... is for Ralph to hurry up and die. I understand its a horrible thing to say, but face it, hes lived his life and I'm SO *****ING TIRED OF LOSING, being completely hopeless and being the laughing stock of the entire NFL. Can we PLEASE get a new owner?!? I even realize that the team might end up moving when he dies and I just don't even care... I'm willing to risk it at this point. :teary:

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:42 PM
but needless to say we know damned well what the f- is wrong with our football team.

What's wrong with it is what has always been wrong with it....the HOF [sic] owner Ralph Wilson.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:42 PM
What's wrong with it is what has always been wrong with it....the HOF [sic] owner Ralph Wilson.
and Ing, that might have been the post of the year.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:43 PM
As evil as it is to say it... I'm going to say it. Our only hope... and it's a very scary one... is for Ralph to hurry up and die. I understand its a horrible thing to say, but face it, hes lived his life and I'm SO *****ING TIRED OF LOSING, being completely hopeless and being the laughing stock of the entire NFL. Can we PLEASE get a new owner?!? I even realize that the team might end up moving when he dies and I just don't even care... I'm willing to risk it at this point. :teary:
dude, if it is that harsh then just take a break and come back later...just sayin'.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM

I hear ya. I don't want to feel that way either, but if he cannot step aside and let others run the entire franchise without his interference, and if he refuses to sell the team to a local interest then that is what we've been reduced to...

its disgusting to feel that way, but many of us have let that thought creep into our heads many times... and it bothers me to feel that way.

Which is why I decided I will need to step back and be a fair weather fan if they screw this HC thing up. When you start to have those types of feelings then it's probably time to walk away some, or for good.. It's not healthy being that angry in life, ...

and that is how I feel with my Bills fandom... I am angry, mad and stressed. That can not be good for me. When do I get to feel entertained again ?

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
and Ing, that might have been the post of the year.

Seriously.

I started looking for a smilie for quietly chuckling.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
DIE RALPH, ****ING DIE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I hear ya. I don't want to feel that way either, but if he cannot step aside and let others run the entire franchise without his interference, and if he refuses to sell the team to a local interest then that is what we've been reduced to...

its disgusting to feel that way, but many of us have let that thought creep into our heads many times... and it bothers me to feel that way.

Which is why I decided I will need to step back and be a fair weather fan if they screw this HC thing up. When you start ot have those types of feelings then it's probably time ot walk away some, or for good.. It's not healthy being that angry in life, ...

and that is how I feel with my Bills fandom... I am angry, mad and stressed. That can noit be good for me. When do I get to feel entertained again ?

On this:

Its seemed to me for a long time that the front office guides him, and kind of leads him around.

Ralph seems pretty non-coherent at times and I wonder if the guys under him actually run the team more than we think.

I think Ralph trusts Russ and will do most anything he says if its proposed the right way... Russ is a very good marketing guy afterall.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 03:49 PM
He said he's willing to risk it just like a lot of us are.

ejsmith
01-09-2010, 03:52 PM
On this:

Its seemed to me for a long time that the front office guides him, and kind of leads him around.

Ralph seems pretty non-coherent at times and I wonder if the guys under him actually run the team more than we think.

I think Ralph trusts Russ and will do most anything he says if its proposed the right way... Russ is a very good marketing guy afterall.

I totally agree, but I don't think even a man of Russ's persuasive powers can get this old senile tightwad ****er to open his wallet up and get the **** out of the way. And HOW ****ING SAD is it that we have a marketing person calling the shots? Why can't I just walk away? WHY DO I ****ING CARE?!?

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I totally agree, but I don't think even a man of Russ's persuasive powers can get this old senile tightwad ****er to open his wallet up and get the **** out of the way. And HOW ****ING SAD is it that we have a marketing person calling the shots? Why can't I just walk away? WHY DO I ****ING CARE?!?

Why are you so worked up?

At this point we haven't heard anything official.

I see no reason to not just let this play out.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 03:59 PM

You honestly don't see what is going on?

ejsmith
01-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Because I'm an idiot. I started reading the damn Cowher rumors and foolishly I let me hopes get up that the team that has been nothing but ****ing misery for the last 10 years of my life was going to actually make a big move and try to get this thing turned around. I live in ****ing Dallas. Do you have any ****ing idea how much **** I take on a nearly daily basis around here?!? I am truly a sadistic mother ****er.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM

The writing is on the wall, you just don't want to read it.

gggbills
01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
listen nublar,

we know all this.

LOL...LOL

Oh man, I was laughing for 5 minutes after reading this. God Bless you dude. I feel the same way. My season tickets are in the JK club and I have to renew every 2 or 3 years. Well this is the year, I'm sure I will be hearing from the Bills sales department soon.

Give me a reason to renew my tickets Ralph. And hiring an unproven DC as our HC is not a reason. I have seen that movie before....it sucked. Hire a PROVEN HC please....I'm waiting

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Because I'm an idiot. I started reading the damn Cowher rumors and foolishly I let me hopes get up that the team that has been nothing but ****ing misery for the last 10 years of my life was going to actually make a big move and try to get this thing turned around. I live in ****ing Dallas. Do you have any ****ing idea how much **** I take on a nearly daily basis around here?!? I am truly a sadistic mother ****er.

:lol:

ejsmith
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I work in the same ****ing room as a Patriots fan. F U C K !!

I've tried to stop caring so much. I've tried to stop watching every single play of every single game. I've tried to just watch some other teams and enjoy football. I've actually even tried to talk myself into liking my new home team (Dallas) with their fancy ****ing stadium, their fancy ****ing winning seasons, their hot cheerleaders and the unheard of playoff appearances... I tried to tell myself... those Superbowls were a long time ago... this is my new home town team... can't I like multiple teams??

Well... somehow the ****ing answer is always **** NO. For some unknown sadistic ****ing reason... I cant even enjoy football any more... I'M SO ****ING SICK OF THIS ****!!!

Mathja
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, at this point, it's not just about finding a guy that will turn the team into a winner. 10 years is a long time to wait for a winner. Bills fans need someone they can get behind immediately -- not 2-3 years after the hire.
This is about turning things around, but it's also about credibility. It's about not being embarrassed to admit which team you root for (if you don't live in Buffalo, that's actually a big deal). It truly is about giving a deserving fanbase something to believe in.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 04:16 PM
we should start a billboard that says

die ralph wilson, mother****er , u need to die!!!!!!!

ejsmith
01-09-2010, 04:18 PM

OMG... I was just saying that exact thing to my wife. Don't think this would go over very well, but you gotta wonder if it would kick Ralph in the ass and make him do something?? HOF my ****ing ass.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 04:19 PM

Listen i love the Bills, but I do not want anyone to die. This post is just tasteless. Ralph just needs to think outside of the box.

Mathja

wow dude...that's harsh. nothing has happened yet....What if they announce Cowher tomorrow?

X-Era
Listen i love the Bills, but I do not want anyone to die. This post is just tasteless. Ralph just needs to think outside of the box.

Actually, I was going with:

"Ralph just needs to keep his mouth shut and his wallett open"

Michael82
01-09-2010, 04:20 PM

Wow! You got some anger issues. That's just ****ed up. :ill:

jdbillsfan
01-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Hopefully I didn't miss this somewhere, but at least it sounds like Fisher isn't interested in USC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/09/king-fisher-not-interested-in-usc-job/

ejsmith
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I work in the same ****ing room as a Patriots fan. F U C K !!

I've tried to stop caring so much. I've tried to stop watching every single play of every single game. I've tried to just watch some other teams and enjoy football. I've actually even tried to talk myself into liking my new home team (Dallas) with their fancy ****ing stadium, their fancy ****ing winning seasons, their hot cheerleaders and the unheard of playoff appearances... I tried to tell myself... those Superbowls were a long time ago... this is my new home town team... can't I like multiple teams??

Well... somehow the ****ing answer is always **** NO. For some unknown sadistic ****ing reason... I cant even enjoy football any more... I'M SO ****ING SICK OF THIS ****!!!

Sorry if any of this is offensive to anyone. I guess I got really worked up. Guess I will go play my Madden Buffalo Bills franchise and try to forget about reality. :sigh:

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Wow! You got some anger issues. That's just ****ed up. :ill:

Ha, ha...very true, but I can't wait to read your posts when the Bills hire some joke of a coordinator and not Cowher or Billick.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Ha, ha...very true, but I can't wait to read your posts when the Bills hire some joke of a coordinator and not Cowher or Billick.

I told you...I didn't mind Frazier. I wouldn't hate it. Unless the Bills don't interview anyone else. I still prefer Rivera, Grimm and definitey Billick. But I could handle Frazier.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 04:39 PM
I told you...I didn't mind Frazier. I wouldn't hate it. Unless the Bills don't interview anyone else. I still prefer Rivera, Grimm and definitey Billick. But I could handle Frazier.

Why...why are you Ok with it? I'm still waiting for anybody who supports this to show me the positive changes he would bring to this team?

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:40 PM

Ive said if it isnt a guy with a ring (as a HC), I will be convinced its more of the same.

Slim
01-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Why...why are you Ok with it? I'm still waiting for anybody who supports this to show me the positive changes he would bring to this team?

Reports are he would bring Al Saunders as his OC...

ejsmith
01-09-2010, 04:42 PM

You must be insane. You really want to sign up for another 3 years down the drain? I don't know about the rest of you guys... but I don't want another pussy players coach. I want someone with some fire that doesn't take crap from anyone. I want a true leader to be in the leadership position. Someone like Cowher that doesn't take crap from anyone, but at the same time, he is likable and the players rally around him.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Reports are he would bring Al Saunders as his OC...

That doesn't make him any better...he's still Jauron 2.0...exact same personality, same crappy Cover 2 defense, no emotion and he's a player's coach. I'm sorry, there are absolutely no positives with this guy.

better days
01-09-2010, 04:58 PM

You tell me how many 1st time Head Coaches have ever won a Super Bowl VS how many were fired within 4 years of their hire. I don't like the odds.

Nublar7
01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
listen nublar,

we know all this.

I could go on and on and on... but needless to say we know damned well what the f- is wrong with our football team. We know we suck. But we still fill our stadium while you fruity fish fans can't even manage that much. So suck it. The day i want or NEED advice from a fish fan is the day i join Fireman Ed in a green and white "helmet" and prove i can spell a 4 letter word only with the aid of 70 thousand other mentally challenged idiots in New Jersey. Look, maybe you didn't really read my posts, but I never came here saying your team sucks or giving you pity. All I was saying is that a guy like Leslie Frazier is not a bad option to be a head coach. He is perhaps the hottest name out there that isn't Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan. I would say this whether talking to you a Bills fan, or Joe Schmo a Chicago Bears fan. I understand you are upset with your team, and believe me Dolphin fans had it bad with Saban and Cameron. At least your team never went 1-15, don't give me a big doom and gloom speech, because I have been through it also. Sorry for commenting on the Bills coaching search with a unbiased view. Perhaps if I came here with laughing smiley faces or just said "BILLS SUCK" you wouldn't have flipped out so bad. Seems to me like you are a bad sport and can't handle the presence of a rival fan. I never said anything that should have caused an outburst but I guess some people just have thin skin when it comes to the NFL.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
**** the miami dolphins and **** that ******* **** *****

Ingtar33
01-09-2010, 07:14 PM
but I never came here saying your team sucks or giving you pity.
if only this was true

All I was saying is that a guy like Leslie Frazier is not a bad option to be a head coach.

-unsolicited advice from a fan of a bunch of garishly robed fish; i wouldn't really mind all that much if this is where you stop. I mean you'd be wrong of course but at least this isn't delivered that badly.

I understand you are upset with your team, and believe me Dolphin fans had it bad with Saban and Cameron. At least your team never went 1-15, don't give me a big doom and gloom speech, because I have been through it also. Sorry for commenting on the Bills coaching search with a unbiased view.

Condescension, pity, passive aggressive crap, and insults all rolled into one!

Perhaps if I came here with laughing smiley faces or just said "BILLS SUCK" you wouldn't have flipped out so bad.

i might not have; because after all you are just a fish fan, i can take the hatred... it means we're at least fielding a valid football team. the pity... in the form of honest help just pisses me off. You don't help a rival out. That you don't see us as a rival bugs me the most.

Seems to me like you are a bad sport and can't handle the presence of a rival fan. I never said anything that should have caused an outburst but I guess some people just have thin skin when it comes to the NFL.

lol. condescension, pity and insults rolled into one. Thank you random fish fan for reminding me why i hate the fins and their silly fans so much.

Ickybaluky
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
You tell me how many 1st time Head Coaches have ever won a Super Bowl VS how many were fired within 4 years of their hire. I don't like the odds.

You mean coaches on their first NFL HC job?

There have been 18 who won the Super Bowl in the first NFL HC opportunity:

Vince Lombardi, Hank Stram, Don McCafferty, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, John Madden, Tom Flores, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcells, George Seifert, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Mike Holmgren, Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Mike Tomlin.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
You mean coaches on their first NFL HC job?

There have been 18 who won the Super Bowl in the first NFL HC opportunity:

Vince Lombardi, Hank Stram, Don McCafferty, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, John Madden, Tom Flores, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcells, George Seifert, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Mike Holmgren, Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Mike Tomlin.

Can you really count Vince Lombardi, Hank Stram, Don McCafferty and Tom Landry?? They were coaching before the SB existed.

Ickybaluky
01-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Can you really count Vince Lombardi, Hank Stram, Don McCafferty and Tom Landry?? They were coaching before the SB existed.

The won the first 4 Super Bowls in their first NFL HC opportunities.

better days
01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
The won the first 4 Super Bowls in their first NFL HC opportunities.

OK let's count them. Now name all the 1st time HC's fired within 4 years of their hire. I would bet the list is much longer.

Turf
01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
How many head coaches have Super Bowls with two teams? Maybe we need someone who is a high profile up and comer. What we really need is a better GM and front office to complement him.

Ickybaluky
01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
OK let's count them. Now name all the 1st time HC's fired within 4 years of their hire. I would bet the list is much longer.

Probably better than the number of guys who won the Super Bowl in their second coaching job vs. the number of guys who failed in their second job.

30 of the 43 Super Bowls were won by coaches on their first NFL HC job.

Everybody wants Cowher, right? Well, no Super Bowl winning HC has gone to to win another with a second team. I'm not sure any of that is relevant.

better days
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
How many head coaches have Super Bowls with two teams? Maybe we need someone who is a high profile up and comer. What we really need is a better GM and front office to complement him.

I thought Ralph said he didn't want a high profile person (kidding). I don't want Jauron2.0 as the next HC myself. If they hired someone like Rex Ryan I would be more on board with a coordinator. I would really like to see Nix give us what he promised though, a HC with previous experience. If not Cowher then Marty or Billick.

Nublar7
01-09-2010, 08:23 PM
if only this was trueShow me where in my original post I said any of that.

-unsolicited advice from a fan of a bunch of garishly robed fish; i wouldn't really mind all that much if this is where you stop. I mean you'd be wrong of course but at least this isn't delivered that badly.Was just offering my honest opinion on a message board. Since when is it against the law to speak your mind?

Condescension, pity, passive aggressive crap, and insults all rolled into one!
You started it, and I won't back down from an internet bully.

i might not have; because after all you are just a fish fan, i can take the hatred... it means we're at least fielding a valid football team. the pity... in the form of honest help just pisses me off. You don't help a rival out. That you don't see us as a rival bugs me the most.I was speaking as a football fan, not a division rival in my original post. Maybe you need to re-read it. Fact is, I hate the Bills. I hope you hire Cam Cameron and can't wait until the team relocates to Los Angeles and you have no team to chear for. I celebrated the Music City Miracle yesterday and laugh that the Bills lost four straight Super Bowls. However, in my original post I was speaking as a NFL fan to another NFL fan. I would have said the same thing whether this was a Bills forum or a Packers forum. This is a MESSAGE BOARD, I have the right to offer my opinion on subjects. If I was smack talking that is one thing, but I wasn't. Bills fans are going on about Cowher this and Cowher that, I was trying to interject an outside view of the situation. Let's face it, Bills fans are homers to their team just like Dolphin fans are homers to their teams. Sometimes an outside view helps bring reality into perspective.

lol. condescension, pity and insults rolled into one. Thank you random fish fan for reminding me why i hate the fins and their silly fans so much.You pick a fight, expect a fight. Truth is, you want everything to be sunshine and singing birds and can't handle people who have an outside reality view of the situation.

SquishDaFish
01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Nublar if you knew anything about current news or football you would know Buffalo is not and will not be moving to LA. The rest of your crap I dont care to comment on

Nublar7
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Nublar if you knew anything about current news or football you would know Buffalo is not and will not be moving to LA. The rest of your crap I dont care to comment onI know some Senator said they won't be moving after speaking to Ralph. Saban also said he wouldn't be the Alabama coach, so we shall see.

SquishDaFish
01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Trust me the Bills mean more to Buffalo then the Phins do to Florida. They WILL NOT move. Maybe after the old man dies but that wont be anytime soon for LA

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Trust me the Bills mean more to Buffalo then the Phins do to Florida. They WILL NOT move. Maybe after the old man dies but that wont be anytime soon for LA

Not even after that, Bills will be here after that as well. I see one of the other six teams on the list moving well before Buffalo does.

Griff
01-09-2010, 08:45 PM
We're not waiting for Cowher, we're waiting for that awesome, inspirational hire of Leslie Frazier to get the fans excited! This franchise is and probably always will be a joke.

the joke is fans like you, if you want to ***** and moan, go root for the Lions.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 08:47 PM
the joke is fans like you, if you want to ***** and moan, go root for the Lions.

Easy man.

jdbillsfan
01-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Well it seems like its either the Bills or CBS for Cowher next year.

Fox isn't going to leave at this point. The Raiders job could potentially open, but can't see that for Fox or Cowher.

I don't even think Cowher has the pull around the league as he used to. The Seattle job came open, with no mention of Cowher. Cleveland was looking at Marty M if Mangini got fired....

I think he is running out of options. That is good for the Bills, even though being the last option isn't a great feeling. I felt ok that we were TO's only option and I'd be ok if we were Cowhers.

I still feel like he is going back to broadcasting unfortunately, but I think his options next year aren't going to be as good as he seems to think they should be.

mrdeadlier
01-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Well it seems like its either the Bills or CBS for Cowher next year.

Fox isn't going to leave at this point. The Raiders job could potentially open, but can't see that for Fox or Cowher.

I don't even think Cowher has the pull around the league as he used to. The Seattle job came open, with no mention of Cowher. Cleveland was looking at Marty M if Mangini got fired....

I think he is running out of options. That is good for the Bills, even though being the last option isn't a great feeling. I felt ok that we were TO's only option and I'd be ok if we were Cowhers.

I still feel like he is going back to broadcasting unfortunately, but I think his options next year aren't going to be as good as he seems to think they should be.

Especially with the impending 2011 lockout we keep hearing about...

Mudflap1
01-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Guys,

I know the ultimate goal is to with the Super Bowl... but let's get real here. I just want to root for a football team I'm proud of. That's the immediate goal. I know I know, no coach who has won the Super Bowl has ever gone on to another team and won the Super Bowl. If the Bills hire Bill Cowher, I may care about that in 5-10 years, but in the meantime, I will be quite happy and content to watch the Bills become an annual playoff team and contender. Yes, I want to see the Bills win the Super Bowl. We all want that. But this franchise is sooooo far off from that, and has been for the past ten years, I think I have things in perspective by saying that I would like to at least watch the team on Sundays and feel like the Bills are actually really putting their best foot forward to win, and that this team is in good hands. I haven't felt that way in a really long time. Maybe Leslie Frazier or some other coach is the guy that can get us there, but I know that odds are, Bill Cowher has the best chance right here and right now to be that guy.

Jon

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-10-2010, 01:27 AM

Wow way to be positive:dink:

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-10-2010, 01:32 AM
I agree with you dude.:mex: