Did the Bills Know Shanahan and Cowher Would Say No...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

Did the Bills Know Shanahan and Cowher Would Say No...

And this has all been theater for more of the same? That way the Bills can keep the Billievers in line by saying, "Oh, we tried so hard. But no established coach wanted to come here. We offered them 10 million dollars!"

And in their back pocket they were ready to sabotage any interest. Let's say Shanahan or Cowher surprised the Bills and actually wanted to come here! Ralph would then instruct Brandon to add crazy demands last minute.

We will know soon enough what actually happened. And for those who say this is crazy you do recall the process how we hired our top GM or football guy? Ralph looked at a list of names and picked one he recognized that was cheap and in house.

If we hire Leslie Frazier without talking to anyone else who will be left to defend this franchise?
  • BoyILuvLoznStupidly
    • Sep 2009

Re: Did the Bills Know Shanahan and Cowher Would Say No...

I think they low balled them and Ralph is hoping that Cowher hurries up and signs with another team. Then he can save face with the fans and say we tried but he did not want to come. But in reality Ralph was making offers he knew they would turn down.

I also am thinking now the reason that they released that statement last night was because of all the hype the bills fans are making about Cowher.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Re: Did the Bills Know Shanahan and Cowher Would Say No...

Guys, it might reflect it on the field but these guys (Wilson, Littman, Overdorf and Brandon) are successful businessmen. They know that a bait and switch will not go over with the fans and will hit them in the pocketbook. If they are "lowering" themselves to Frazier then that means that the big hitters don't want to come here, regardless the salary. Some, such as RW's reputation, might be keeping those guys away.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
      X