PDA

View Full Version : Brian Billick on WFAN

Michael82
01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
He said "Buffalo would be a great job, but I think that they are focusing more on the coordinator level though."

Looks like all the comments about Ralph are true. He doesn't want to spend the money and even though Nix said that he wants a coach with head coach experience, they are mainly looking at coordinators. :ill:

http://multimedia.wfan.com/m/audio/28275251/evan-roberts-with-brian-billick.htm

(It starts at about 11:45)

bills4ver
01-09-2010, 03:00 PM
This just gets old year after year, they finally looked like they were going to do the right thing and bring in a proven coach.

They should be banging down Billicks door if he wants to be the next Bills coach.

baalworship
01-09-2010, 03:00 PM
The pieces are all falling into place. Everything is illuminated.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I think hes trying to do damage control from his comment that no one wants to go to Buffalo.

That said, I would have no problem at all with Billick, I don't think he can command what Cowher would, so it would seem like a smart move to me.

bills4ver
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
The pieces are all falling into place. Everything is illuminated.

keyword FALLING....... maybe it was Ralphs plan the entire time make it look like we are trying everything to get the big name coach and sorry settle for the assistant.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
This just gets old year after year, they finally looked like they were going to do the right thing and bring in a proven coach.

They should be banging down Billicks door if he wants to be the next Bills coach.

That's the thing. If Cowher finally says no, I hope they call Billick immediately to set up an interview. It's obvious that with his massive ego, he'd love the challenge of rebuilding the Buffalo Bills.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
i have no idea why buffalo isnt knocking down billicks door to coach here if cowher is not an option...

bills4ver
That's the thing. If Cowher finally says no, I hope they call Billick immediately to set up an interview. It's obvious that with his massive ego, he'd love the challenge of rebuilding the Buffalo Bills.

Thats what I don't get, he can interview NOW and just in case Cowher says no then you already did the Interview. It looks like they are not interested in Billick which is crazy he fits the mold they publicly stated.

A previous head coach, a winner, a offensive minded coach, and a super bowl ring. what else is there?

Prov401
I'd love Cowher. He is my number one choice. However, it's looking unrealistic at this point. If Dungy, Gruden, and Shotty are truly not coming back, then my list is as follows.

Rivera, Billick, Frazier, in this order. I think if San Diego goes to the Superbowl and wins it, it would have alot more to do with Rivera than, eh-hmmm...Norv Turner. If Rivera gets to the SB, he knows what it takes in 2 different locker rooms (Bears '05', SD '09') to get a team into the big game. He'll have experience, and to be honest, that's what we are all looking for.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Thats what I don't get, he can interview NOW and just in case Cowher says no then you already did the Interview. It looks like they are not interested in Billick which is crazy he fits the mold they publicly stated.

A previous head coach, a winner, a offensive minded coach, and a super bowl ring. what else is there?

A massive ego and a sometimes obnoxious demeanor?

Michael82
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I'd love Cowher. He is my number one choice. However, it's looking unrealistic at this point. If Dungy, Gruden, and Shotty are truly not coming back, then my list is as follows.

Rivera, Billick, Frazier, in this order. I think if San Diego goes to the Superbowl and wins it, it would have alot more to do with Rivera than, eh-hmmm...Norv Turner. If Rivera gets to the SB, he knows what it takes in 2 different locker rooms (Bears '05', SD '09') to get a team into the big game. He'll have experience, and to be honest, that's what we are all looking for.

And that's another reason why I don't understand why the Bills didn't bring Rivera in for an interview this week. They had all week to ask for permission and they never did. That pisses me off because now if the Cowher stuff falls thru, we might not get another chance at him til the bye week before the Super Bowl.

bills4ver
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
A massive ego and a sometimes obnoxious demeanor?

at least the guy has passion, I would take that any day over Jauron or Frasier

TrEd FTW
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
**** the Bills.

New Ro's Greatest
01-09-2010, 03:17 PM
All speculation. Why because he didn't get a call we are going the coord. route? Brian shut the hell up! We are putting all the chips in on Cowher period! If cowher says no then we move to the next candidate. GO BILLS:anvil:

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm telling you, Ralph NEVER had the intentions of spending the money...talk is cheap!

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
at least the guy has passion, I would take that any day over Jauron or Frasier

Id have no issue with him as I said.

BloFan4Life
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I actually find it funnier people keep believing them. All this Cowher is nothing. It is just to get fans interested and in the end they will shot us down.

Michael82
01-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Id have no issue with him as I said.

Clear out your pm box. I agree tho. I have no issue with Billick and think he'd fit good here.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
This is bull****. Billick is a great second choice behind Cowher. If they are thinking Cowher will turn them down afterall. There is zero reason not to interview the man. He obviously wants to be in Buffalo. Isnt that what you wanted Ralph?

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Clear out your pm box. I agree tho. I have no issue with Billick and think he'd fit good here.

Box cleared.

Nighthawk
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
This is bull****. Billick is a great second choice behind Cowher. If they are thinking Cowher will turn them down afterall. There is zero reason not to interview the man. He obviously wants to be in Buffalo. Isnt that what you wanted Ralph?

Yes, but not if he has to pay him...