PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to turn on Cowher

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 03:43 PM
The longer things play out, the more I'm starting to feel insulted by Bill Cowher.

I think the Bills are going above and beyond what it should take to attract a top tier Head Coach.

If he ends up turning the Bills down, I will hate him forever.

I'm already starting to.

I'm beginning to wish the Bills would spend some of their energy on convincing Marty Schottenheimer out of retirement.

I can't handle another coordinator. We've seen this show too many times. Leslie Frazier is Gregg Williams all over again, but not even as good a coordinator.

At least Marty would come here with a winning record. He's earned respect in this league, and I think he brings the same type of attitude and toughness that Cowher does.

I'm just so sick of this process. Every day that it goes on, I have less and less respect for Cowher.

I'm about 3 days from starting to wish evil things on him.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Why the Cowher hate? For all we know he interviewed, the Bills said thanks and he is waiting to hear from them or whatever. Nobody will ever know the true story.

mikemac2001
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
its all a bunch of games

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
bills should never have let this get so far out of control in terms of cowher.

i was ok with frazier when i thought they wouldn't try for cowher. and they never killed it off, and they picked a gm with no real search and they are going to pick a coach without interviewing anyone.

Same old ****. ****ing bills. And it will remain so until they choose not to follow the business as usual.

Ralph played us with "big changes" to drum up toronto marketing. i hate myself for buying it. bring back jauron.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
even if people say we offered him plenty and he turned us down it is STILL ON RAPLH. He let this franchise become a joke so NOONE wants to come here... players OR coaches

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
We could be his 32nd choice and I will still welcome him with open arms...

Because I know he will be a big part of righting this ship

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 03:49 PM
he isnt coming

X-Era
01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Why the Cowher hate? For all we know he interviewed, the Bills said thanks and he is waiting to hear from them or whatever. Nobody will ever know the true story.

Exactly, hes a guy with a family in NC that may not want to move, or may not want to put his family through the long hours.

Theres plenty of legit reasons for him to say no.

But we havent heard him actually say no.

trapezeus
01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
cowher will get some blame for stringing this out for so long if they don't get him.

but ralph gets all the blam for letting the team decay to this point.

it's like having a kid fail a bunch of classes and you ask them to try harder and get an A in one class. they come home and get a C- and don't understand. "they tried so much harder." but the thing is they dug themselves such a hole that it was harder than it ever had to be. If the bills could have been competitive through the 10 years with good coaching and choice drafting, they wouldn't have to pay this huge premium to get people there.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
How can you be mad at Cowher when we don't even know what the truth is?

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM

You're assuming I'm looking at this rationally.

I'm not.

I'm looking at it through the eyes of a Bills fan, with all the built-in insecurities, the mandatory chip on my shoulder and the requisite cynicism.

Don't get me wrong--all will be forgiven if he comes to Buffalo.

But if he doesn't, I will wish every evil thing on him that my fertile imagination can muster.

In my mind, I feel like Buffalo actually is his 32nd choice out of 32. And if he dislikes us (and yes, I do mean "US", I take this personally) and if that's the case, if he's willing to turn down $10 MIL and if he'd rather be anywhere but Buffalo, he can burn in hell.

I feel like this wouldn't be nearly as complicated a process in any other NFL market.

And I'm beginning to blame Cowher personally.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Exactly, we don't know what and if Ralph made him an offer. I think Ralph is not serious because there is such a thing as offers you can not refuse. If Ralph was serious he would have done that. Ralph just wants to have cheap puppets as history has shown. Just look at the GM hire and the last decade. I don't blame Cowher, I blame Ralph period.

BigZ
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Exactly, hes a guy with a family in NC that may not want to move, or may not want to put his family through the long hours.

Theres plenty of legit reasons for him to say no.

But we havent heard him actually say no.

We don't know if he's even been ASKED, let alone say no. This is still playing out and I agree, we'll never know what actually happened.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
You're assuming I'm looking at this rationally.

I'm not.

I'm looking at it through the eyes of a Bills fan, with all the built-in insecurities, the mandatory chip on my shoulder and the requisite cynicism.

Don't get me wrong--all will be forgiven if he comes to Buffalo.

But if he doesn't, I will wish every evil thing on him that my fertile imagination can muster.

In my mind, I feel like Buffalo actually is his 32nd choice out of 32. And if he dislikes us (and yes, I do mean "US", I take this personally) and if that's the case, if he's willing to turn down $10 MIL and if he'd rather be anywhere but Buffalo, he can burn in hell.

I feel like this wouldn't be nearly as complicated a process in any other NFL market.

And I'm beginning to blame Cowher personally.

:lol:

Novacane
01-09-2010, 04:13 PM
. I don't blame Cowher, I blame Ralph period.

Same here. Even if Cowher has been offered the job and he says no I blame Ralph. It is the culture that he has created that makes no big name want to come here.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Same here. Even if Cowher has been offered the job and he says no I blame Ralph. It is the culture that he has created that makes no big name want to come here.

or players and the list goes on, but yes I agree, when all said in done it will be Ralphs fault.

LtFinFan66
01-09-2010, 04:19 PM
dumb thread

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 04:19 PM
dont blame cowher, blame that mother ****er ralph wilson, ****ing peace of ****, cheap ******* *****!!!!!!

i swear to god, if they hire frazier, im not buying anything bills until ralph dies!

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
dont blame cowher, blame that mother ****er ralph wilson, ****ing peace of ****, cheap ******* *****!!!!!!

i swear to god, if they hire frazier, im not buying anything bills until ralph dies!

I'm bored with blaming Ralph.

My hatred needs a new home.

I agree with you on Frazier, though.

That's why I brought up Marty. I could live with Marty being our HC.

I can't bear the thought of another ****ty coordinator.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I have never seen so many asterisk's in one place.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 04:24 PM
bills fans need to sens a message to ralph, if he hires frazier, dont buy anything bills, no jerseys, no tickets, no merchandies, nothing!!!!!!!!

TheBrownBear
01-09-2010, 04:29 PM
If Cowher doesn't want to come here, then screw'em. Truthfully, I want a fresh guy that is looking to make a name of his own. I want the next Cowher, Dungy, whatever. Hopefully, that's Frazier. You here nothing but good things about the guy and all the chatter is that he's "ready" to take the next step. And Greg Williams was a buffoon who wasn't respected by his players - Frazier sounds like the complete opposite.