PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, Cowher Billboard promo question

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
How can can we persuade CBS to get that shown on the pregame show tomorrow?

SabreEleven
01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I thought the billboard wasn't up until Monday?

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 05:58 PM
its not, but the image is publicly displayed.

, they probably wouldnt do that unless there was 'something to it"

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Give them a heads up by sending their studios a story lead. I'm sure there is a way to get CBS news a heads up tonight, if not the CBS pregame show itself via email.

Pretty sure they'll latch onto it...

more cowbell
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
its not, but the image is publicly displayed.

, they probably wouldnt do that unless there was 'something to it"

exactly

SquishDaFish
Email CBS or call. I dont know Pat do your due diligence LOL

BILLSROCK1212
idk if they'll show it w/o Cowher's permission

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
They're not going to show it.
Admittedly that's a pipe dream.

The only way they'd do that is if they knew he was coming here and thats not happening (Them knowing that I mean)

Meanwhile, damn Brian Schottenheimer is calling one hell of a game.

Slim
01-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Only idea would be to flood the CBS mailbox with requests.

Yasgur's Farm
01-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Cowher
Bills
Success

X-Era
01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
They're not going to show it.
Admittedly that's a pipe dream.

The only way they'd do that is if they knew he was coming here and thats not happening (Them knowing that I mean)

Meanwhile, damn Brian Schottenheimer is calling one hell of a game.

If were stuck in perpetual mediocrity with a coord, I'm not sure Id mind him.

Thats if.

Canadian'eh!
01-09-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/26/broadcasts/main981781.shtml

link to a bio on Sean McManus and a spot you can send him an email;

he's the executive producer of the NFL Today.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Cowher ='s
Bills
Success

that's a little better IMO

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/26/broadcasts/main981781.shtml

link to a bio on Sean McManus and a spot you can send him an email;

he's the executive producer of the NFL Today.

Thanks, I'll try it out.. Nothing to lose.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:25 PM
U see his email addy anywhere?

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:30 PM
BTW, Billboard is up to raising $500 for Hunter's Hope

Slim
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
BTW, Billboard is up to raising $500 for Hunter's Hope

Pat how did the interview go with the Edge the other day?

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Pretty good, I think.

I also did a few interviews with Rochester radio stations.

I think on Monday once the billboard is up I will get a lot of calls. HOpefully they wont be "Since Cowher said no on CBS yesterday, what do you plan to do?" calls

hydro
01-09-2010, 06:42 PM

Nope, I think they were confused by the email link above the bio. That is to email the bio to someone.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Here is the link from Shredd & Ragan

http://www.wedg.com//Article.asp?id=970486

Right side, under Podcast #4. Fast FWD media player to the 18 minute mark

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
does anybody think the billboard does anything but hype pat and BSD?? grown businessmen and a SB winning coach persuaded by a billboard?? you guys have lost your marbles.

Patti120
01-09-2010, 06:51 PM

At the top of the article it says font size, print, email.

Try clicking on the email.

Good luck!

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 07:15 PM
neither my name, nor Buffalo Sports Daily is ANYWHERE on the billboard.

Ebenezer
01-09-2010, 07:18 PM
fine...my second point is more important and even more valid.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 07:18 PM
does anybody think the billboard does anything but hype pat and BSD?? grown businessmen and a SB winning coach persuaded by a billboard?? you guys have lost your marbles.

After listening to the pod cast I am leaning that way. Pat never corrected them when they thought he was also responsible for the Fire Jauron billboard .........interesting

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 07:20 PM
After listening to the pod cast I am leaning that way. Pat never corrected them when they thought he was also responsible for the Fire Jauron billboard .........interesting

Actually, I did twice. That was taped and heavily edited.

In fact, I do NOT want to be associated with a Jauron billboard, that was a "fan site" (Fire Dick Jauron) and in no way do I want to be connected to any fan website, no disrespect to Ryan H.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 07:24 PM

and you aren't getting any mileage out of it either...get real.

Typ0
01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I would never assume they wouldn't show it. It's all about timing. I'd make sure they get a press release. You can send something out through the ap wire if you subscribe to that service.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
trust me, if I wanted to self promote BSD and that was my intention it WOULD be on the billboard. The Billboard is already paid for, and when money was being raised my website name was on it, and removed it AFTERWARD.

The people that would ***** on bills message boards would equal about 0.000005% of Bills fans compared to the other 99% in WNY that will drive by that billboard daily and get name recognition.

Some people have no clue how much time and effort on my end went into making that happen. Spending hours upon hours getting smashed to death on other boards for it, having hundreds of people emailing me telling me it was a stupid idea.

Fans made it happen financially, and I know I did my part

not to mention putting it together, contacting the advertising company, working with someone to have it designed and modified several times, and opening the account, updating it several times per day, dealing with the contracts, not to mention pretty much neglecting my wife all week being on and promoting the board day and night.

So if I decided to use the BSD website name on the board, it would've been deserved. Having said that, I decided against it so it don't come off as tacky.

Yasgur's Farm
01-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Why does everyone on this board look to crucify someone... Holly ****, that gets old!

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 07:27 PM
LOL.. What kind of business owner/runner of ANY KIND OF BUSINESS would NOT look to further themselves and get their name or company name out there?

You'd have to be INSANE to not want to.

Yasgur's Farm
01-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Keep going pat... ****'em

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Keep going pat... ****'em

no, that's not my intention it just gets ridiculous.

Did I do this in part to promote what I do? Of course I did. That would be the least kept secret in the world. I am a small business owner, I'd be a ****** not to.

And nobody but myself has or will have to deal with the backlash of the billboard, I"m the one taking all the responsibility.

Cowher doesn't come to Buffalo? BOARD EPIC FAIL!

We hire another coach next week? BOARD EPIC FAIL!

Cowher does come to Buffalo? "OH, you think he came here cause of your lame board?

It doesn't matter either way. So for all the heat I took for putting it together, and trust me there's plenty of heat-- I think I deserve to get a few of the benefits that come with it.

Yasgur's Farm
01-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I agree.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Let me assure the few who think otherwise, I'm not as stupid as I look. I knew going into the project there would be pros and cons and I weighed each of them heavily

While the pro has obviously been getting my name and website out there to masses of media sites and people, I have taken a beating in the message boards and even in publishing circles because of it. Again, I was fully aware of both sides and weighed them heavily.

Anyone who donated or didnt donate has nothing to lose. I'm the one who everyone in the media and every fan is going to talk about if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or someone else Tuesday. I'm the one who will or is already getting ridiculed.

Again, I got little to gain. .If the billboard flops it makes me look the fool for putting it together. If Cowher comes here it sure as hell wasn't cause of some stupid billboard.

I've also encouraged people to keep donating and thus far because of fan's generosity we've been able to raise $500 for Hunger's Hope. But that rarely if ever gets mentioned.

No win.

maybe i just get too fired up in message boards, and even on this one. Many other writers have told me several times this is exactly why they never get involved in message board chats. The more you say, the more opinions you have, the more you post, the more chances you have to be wrong and the more you open yourself for negativity.

Whatever. Its my own fault for reading and paying attention to every comment. That's about to stop quickly.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Take it easy Pat. I just found it interesting that you did not correct them about the Fire Jauron billboard. You have clarified that for me. I love the billboard idea and have no problem you getting a kickback for organizing it. If it was easy everybody and their mother would be putting up billboards. I appreciate all that you do here and thank you for it.

T-Long
01-09-2010, 08:59 PM
What I have noticed ever since Sal and Pat started doing well for themselves, there have been a few on here that are flat our jealous and have nothing better to do with their lives than to try to bring down people who are having a little success in the ventures. It is flat out disrespectful and childish. You guys seriously need to get a life and quit hammering people for actually trying to do something with their lives instead of just signing onto a message board just to ***** every second of your life. It's seriously getting pathetic and I, for one, am getting really bored with it.

Mudflap1
01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Pat,

You don't need to explain yourself. These guys that are criticizing you are either jealous, bitter, or have nothing better to do than bust someone's chops. The billboard is a good idea, and don't think otherwise. Will it make or break the Bill Cowher hiring? No. But it shows the public out there that the Bills have very passionate fans, and from the fan's perspective (such as myself), it makes the fan feel like people at least tried to do SOMETHING to send a message to the Bills and/or Cowher to help better the football team. Not to mention Hunter's Hope gets a few bucks out of it, which helps needy kids.

The only mistake you made was taking www.buffalosportsdaily.com (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com) off of the billboard. You should be commended for taking your site's name off, not criticized for being a sellout.

Jon

Canadian'eh!
01-09-2010, 09:11 PM
LOL.. What kind of business owner/runner of ANY KIND OF BUSINESS would NOT look to further themselves and get their name or company name out there?

You'd have to be INSANE to not want to.

See, this is called talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You're right about this. You WOULD want to raise your business.

So why deny it at all?

You ARE getting radio interviews, You are getting your website mentioned on them left and right. This IS about marketing your site and yourself, and you basically admit it here.

Why bother denying it? You should have left your site name on the damn thing and just said. yup... I doubt this billboard works, but it's worth a shot, and I get some marketing for organizing it. SO screw you guys, if you don't like it don't donate.

end of story.

Canadian'eh!
01-09-2010, 09:12 PM

at the top right there is an "email" link to send something along i guess. no idea how well it works.

jdbillsfan
01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Great job on the board Pat. I may be missing something, which is definitely possible, but I don't see how this would hurt getting Cowher in any way. He probably heard about it and I am sure he appreciates it.

Bills have passionate fans and pulled this off. Is it going to make a difference?? Who knows, but worth a shot.

Slim
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Here is the link from Shredd & Ragan

http://www.wedg.com//Article.asp?id=970486

Right side, under Podcast #4. Fast FWD media player to the 18 minute mark

Just listened to the interview. Good stuff. Have links to any of the other ones?

ct bills fan
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM

The board can do nothing but help. It's human nature to feel wanted and if Cowher finds out about it, I'm sure he'll appreciate it, even if he has no intentions of coming here. Your memory is short - remember a few years ago Takeo Spikes said he was really impressed with all the people wearing Spikes jerseys in Buffalo and pleading for him to sign with Buffalo in his last game as a Bengal (week 17 in Wilson Stadium). People need to get off their high horse, or better yet, do something for charity as Pat did with this.

Mudflap1
01-09-2010, 10:16 PM
If the Buffalo News organized the billboard, and had "Buffalo News" somewhere small along the bottom, would anyone have a big problem with this? I seriously doubt it.

If the Buffalo News organized the billboard, and didn't have "Buffalo News" somewhere along the bottom, would anyone have a big problem with this? I doubt it even more.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm done talking about the billboard.

For better or worse, the billboard is done, and it's going up Monday morning.

Crisis
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
who cares about pat getting his name out there?

seriously, you sound like a bunch of jealous teenagers. cry more.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 10:45 PM
all the haters are the ones who did not kick on

clumping platelets
01-09-2010, 11:12 PM

:negrep:

clumping platelets
01-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Why does everyone on this board look to crucify someone... Holly ****, that gets old!

Only the cynical types are :shakeno: