PDA

View Full Version : I have to admit I used to think Brian Schottenheimer would be a disaster

more cowbell
01-09-2010, 06:11 PM
After watching him call this game today, we certainly could do a lot worse.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't mind the cordinator pick as much if I was content that the Bills exhausted there efforts trying to bring us the big fish.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh, he's getting a call from OBD tonight or tomorrow.

he said he wanted to remain with the Jets "for a long time" this week. We'll see.

Cowher is still Buffalo's top choice, don't forget that.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 06:28 PM
id rather have shotty instead of that cover 2 bum frazier...

X-Era
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM

I didnt by any means.

Slim
01-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh, he's getting a call from OBD tonight or tomorrow.

he said he wanted to remain with the Jets "for a long time" this week. We'll see.

Do you mind if i start a thread at BBMB called "PAT MORAN" specualting about what you might be insinuating with this post.

Bmax
01-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Why Schotty his resume is very thin...I think Frazier is more prepared to be an NFL coach then Schotty . I still think he would be a mistake..

Quick question Cowher commands respect in the locker room...

Do you really think that B. Schotty will have more respect in the locker room than Frazier...?

Just because a guy isn't a yeller or screamer doesn't mean he won't be an effective leader...

Cowher is my first choice

B. Schotty is my last....

Bmax

Luisito23
01-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Zimmer is horrible, I don't want anyone from the Bungles. I still don't want Jr. but he did call a nice game.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Do you mind if i start a thread at BBMB called "PAT MORAN" specualting about what you might be insinuating with this post.

yes, I mind.

lol

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I think my 7 year old realizes the BIlls will contact Brian Schottenheimer, especially after today.

BloFan4Life
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Give me a dominate O line and D and I will take Schotty Jr. Him with the Bills now would be a joke.

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Give me a dominate O line and D and I will take Schotty Jr. Him with the Bills now would be a joke.

that would be Nix's job

ct bills fan
01-09-2010, 06:55 PM
schotty would be a disaster

Luisito23
01-09-2010, 06:56 PM
that would be Nix's job

I wouldn't hold my breath, Nix is just another puppet with a different name.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I think my 7 year old realizes the BIlls will contact Brian Schottenheimer, especially after today.
Your 7 year old knows who Brian Shottenheimer is? I'm impressed, mine is just learning to read.

:up:

ddaryl
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath, Nix is just another puppet with a different name.

he's a talent evaluator and one that has been associated with success.. If he can evaluate talent will have our lines no matter who coaches....

homeslice5484
01-09-2010, 08:05 PM
id take him if we cant get Cowher, the assistant coaches are a big deal for any young HC.

Ingtar33
01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/FBSJets/petition.html

To: New York Jets Owner - Woody Johnson

Dear Woody Johnson,

This petition is simple, Jets fans want to see Brian Schottenheimer gone immediately at the Offensive Coordinator of the New York Jets. For years we have seen his incompetent and horrific play calling ruin this teams chances at post season success. How many offensive players does this guy have to ruin before he gets let go.

Brian Schottenheimer has done enough to warrant a petition of this sort. He clearly has no idea how to run an offense with two Pro Bowl running backs and a rookie quarterback and should be replaced if we want any success at all.

Examples:

2008: After starting 8-3, the Jets offense completely imploded with Brett Favre at the helm prompting the Jets to miss the playoffs after finishing 1-4. During this five game stretch the Jets had both Thomas Jones and Leon Washington (both Pro Bowlers) running amazingly yet week after week we watched the Jets throw it 30-40 times with Favre only to see interception after interception. Let's not forget Schottenheimer's fake reverse to Cotchery in the crazy rain in Denver.

2009: We have seen Schottenheimer ruin Mark Sanchez's rookie season with horrible game plans and awful play calls. How hard is it to understand that we have a ROOKIE quarterback. I can count on one hand how many screens and check downs we have seen. We have completely abandoned the running game watch as Mark Sanchez is asked to roll out, play action, and throw deep on every play. Not even Peyton Manning could win with this offense. A great example is Buffalo, Mark Sanchez's first game in the cold, rain, and wind and he threw THIRTY pass while the offense ran for 300+ yards.

It's no coincidence that both Drew Brees and Philip Rivers got much better once Brian Schottenheimer left and was no longer their QB Coach. By the way, how is Brett Favre doing now that Schottenheimer isn't coaching him? That's enough proof right there.

Enough is enough, build a smart coaching staff that can control the ball, these plays are laughable at best. Who wants to buy a PSL to watch these ridiculous play calls?

Signed,

Jets fans everywhere!

Sincerely,

granted they ARE Jets fans, so this isn't the greatest source of info. However... did we Bills fans ever get a petition up to fire Gilbride or Mularkey?

Night Train
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I stilll remember that gem he called against the Bills where the Jets, at home, stopped running the ball for some insane reason.

Sanchez then threw 5 INT's and the Bills still won by only 3, setting pro football back some 50 years.

I can remember beyond yesterday..sorry..

YardRat
01-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Jr isn't ready yet...He would be last on my list, and maybe the only choice that would seriously piss me off.

He did call a nice game today, but...so what?

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Your 7 year old knows who Brian Shottenheimer is? I'm impressed, mine is just learning to read.

:up:

he can't say his last name, but he knows who he is.. My son watches football with me from start to end every weekend if Im not covering a game.

X-Era
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
he can't say his last name, but he knows who he is.. My son watches football with me from start to end every weekend if Im not covering a game.

Nice.

The one time I tried to get my oldest girl to watch, I described what was happening, talked to her about the plays, after about 20 minutes I said "dont you like football"... she said " I like Dora".

ct bills fan
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Yep = one decent game over and overrated Cin team doesn't make for a HC candidate. Fans here (NYC area) have hated him for 2 years. The game he called against the Bills in NY this year may have been the worst called game I've seen in 30 years.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Yep = one decent game over and overrated Cin team doesn't make for a HC candidate. Fans here (NYC area) have hated him for 2 years. The game he called against the Bills in NY this year may have been the worst called game I've seen in 30 years.

Exactly. The Jets shouldn't even thrown the ball five times, let alone throw five interceptions.

Didn't Jones have like 220 yards rushing? He should've had 300