• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Hotstepper
    Zoner
    • Jan 2010

When you think of Lynch think of Cedric Benson

For all of you snap to judgement women around here, it kinda makes me laugh, all of these Lynch posts.

Think about this: even when Plaxico Burress was facing jail time, teams were still looking into potentially signing him.

Look at Cedric Benson. He was drafted higher than Lynch, and through the first 2 years, fell way short. Lynch, until the day TO was signed was the most popular and probably the best player on the team. I don't think too many would argue too much with that. Third best at worst.

So you guys can like wave your bibles in the air and cry "Get this guy outta here"...he had an off year. He put on weight, and as I read it, intentionally. It obviously didn't work out. We get a new coach, which is the equivelent of a "change of scenery".

So unless you want to watch him pulling a Cedric Benson and finding a team that will commit to something on offense and put up 1500 yards, maybe think about the grand scheme of themes.

Dumb kids do stuff. Stealing $20 bucks? Illegidly? Not a big enough deal to me. Donte got tasered for crying out loud. Plus Lynch owned up to everything he did before, and is denying this.
    Last edited by Mr Hotstepper; 01-09-2010, 09:02 PM.
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: When you think of Lynch think of Cedric Benson

I'm not really thinking about Lynch, until they get a new coach.

I'll just have to trust Cowher knows what he is doing when he either keeps or trades Lynch.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
      I'm not really thinking about Lynch, until they get a new coach.

Yeah, Lynch is the last person on my mind right now.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Commissioner
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr Hotstepper
        For all of you snap to judgement women around here, it kinda makes me laugh, all of these Lynch posts.

Think about this: even when Plaxico Burress was facing jail time, teams were still looking into potentially signing him.

Look at Cedric Benson. He was drafted higher than Lynch, and through the first 2 years, fell way short. Lynch, until the day TO was signed was the most popular and probably the best player on the team. I don't think too many would argue too much with that. Third best at worst.

So you guys can like wave your bibles in the air and cry "Get this guy outta here"...he had an off year. He put on weight, and as I read it, intentionally. It obviously didn't work out. We get a new coach, which is the equivelent of a "change of scenery".

So unless you want to watch him pulling a Cedric Benson and finding a team that will commit to something on offense and put up 1500 yards, maybe think about the grand scheme of themes.

Dumb kids do stuff. Stealing $20 bucks? Illegidly? Not a big enough deal to me. Donte got tasered for crying out loud. Plus Lynch owned up to everything he did before, and is denying this.
        I don't give a crap what he does career wise... i don't want an idiot like that in my community....
        Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Griff
          • Jul 2008

Sorry Lynch's best friend/mom/girlfriend, but Lynch has had a screw up every offseason, he's a mess and quite frankly the second best running back on this team.

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr Hotstepper
            Lynch, until the day TO was signed was the most popular and probably the best player on the team. I don't think too many would argue too much with that. Third best at worst.
            Did you forget about the guy named Lee Evans? I see as many 83s as 23s.

It slowed him down more, factored with his dancing around the hole didn't help him much either.

He doesn't fit in well here. He needs a better blocking line in order to put up the numbers he should, yet Jackson finds a way to bust up the middle for more than he can.

And running over a canadian then speeding away, and smoking pot in a car while you're carrying a gun without a license.

Ya know...kid stuff

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

at 'snap to judgement'.

It's true, Lynch was probably one of the most popular players around the boards at one time, but most poster's 'judgement' of him has hardly been hair-trigger...the criticism has increased as Lynch continually adds to his 'body of work'.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

My understanding is although Benson was arrested he was cleared of all counts and has never been suspended by the league. There was one off field incident.

In half the time, Lynch has been involved in at least two incidents serious enough to result in a suspension by the league.

And great sexist comment ... and you wonder why you're single?

Comment

• Buddo
                  • Mar 2007

Lynch isn't about to run for 1500 yards in a season, as he isn't going to be available to play a whole season. As such, he is of little use to the Bills.
                  Benson may have 1 drink related 'crime' against him - he was acquitted of all charges in he 'boating' incident. Lynch has been involved in 2 seperate incidents already, either of which might have resulted in jail time, for someone without the access to powerful lawyers that Lynch has. Do you start to see the difference?
                  There is no denying that Lynch has talent, but it is becoming rapidly worthless talent, as it isn't being used. While there is certainly a place for a good deal of the intellectually challenged, on a football team, there is no place for 'stupid'.

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                    • Sep 2009

I think you should replace Cedric Benson with Lawrence Phillips in the title of this thread.

Comment

• more cowbell
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                      I think you should replace Cedric Benson with Lawrence Phillips in the title of this thread.
                      haha i forgot about that guy!.................foreshadowing?
                      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

Working...
                      X