PDA

View Full Version : Today worked out very nice for Cowher (for Buffalo)

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:42 PM
This is seriously posed as a question.
A week ago Jets fans were praying the Bills would hire Brian Schottenheimer because they wanted to run him out of town. Now one quality coached game he’s going to be the next Bills head coach?
Things for Cowher are playing out today the way any Bills fan must be happy about.
1- Dallas is destroying Philly, meaning Phillips will keep his job.
2- Fisher at least said he has no plans on leaving to go to USC
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Unless there is a mystery team no one know about or Cowher is hoping to coach a new expansion team, that means he’s either coming to Buffalo, or he’s going to CBS. And I’ve read many reports and reported one myself that Cowher really wants to coach next season.
So if he’s back at CBS next year, wow, that doesn’t say much for the state and condition of our franchise.[/font]

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
What about Reid in Philly, could he be on the hot seat now?

T-Long
01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
no way..he just got a huge extension

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Sal said earlier on twitter the truth.

Tell me that despite Buffalo not being in the playoffs, the ratings for CBS Pregame show arent going to be ridiculously high.

Everybody will be watching hoping its addressed for 10 seconds.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
This is seriously posed as a question.
A week ago Jets fans were praying the Bills would hire Brian Schottenheimer because they wanted to run him out of town. Now one quality coached game he’s going to be the next Bills head coach?
Things for Cowher are playing out today the way any Bills fan must be happy about.
1- Dallas is destroying Philly, meaning Phillips will keep his job.
2- Fisher at least said he has no plans on leaving to go to USC
<o:p></o:p>
Unless there is a mystery team no one know about or Cowher is hoping to coach a new expansion team, that means he’s either coming to Buffalo, or he’s going to CBS. And I’ve read many reports and reported one myself that Cowher really wants to coach next season.
So if he’s back at CBS next year, wow, that doesn’t say much for the state and condition of our franchise.[/font]

This is one of the reasons I've been rooting for the Cowboys to win tonight... didn't want Jerry Jones to have a reason to fire Phillips.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:46 PM

Oakland may end up with a vacancy, but that wouldn't be Cowher anyway.

I really think now its Buffalo or CBS in 2010.

I was worried about Dallas, but Jones can't fire Phillips now.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 09:47 PM

I wish. I'd snap him up in a heartbeat.

kelly2reed4six
01-09-2010, 09:48 PM
No way reid is on the hot seat....they just extended him! If anything mcnabb is the scape goat....I could see mcnabb being traded in the offseason after this a** kicking....in which case buffalo should be in hot pursuit of him! He'd be an awesome qb to have as a starter for a couple years while a young guy learns behind him!

Novacane
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Del Rio is also being mentioned for USC. That would give us another team to worry about

X-Era
Del Rio is also being mentioned for USC. That would give us another team to worry about

Im not at all worried about Jax, who may not even stay in Jax.

patmoran2006
While I have no inside information on this at all, I can promise you that if Cowher were to become Buffalo's coach, he'd want to explore high and wide the possibility of landing a trade for a good veteran QB.

Slim
01-09-2010, 09:50 PM
If Cowher is the coach of the Bills next year. I'd put my money on Mcnabb as our QB.

patmoran2006

True, though I'd shocked if they paid Cowher that kind of money. That organization may be the one in the league shakier than us.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly

I just wish there was some solid info either way. I don't know if can take much more of this waiting.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Knowing Ralph Wilson he considers Dallas winning big tonight leverage, and will probably lower his offer to Cowher, assuming there is one. LOL

X-Era
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
I just wish there was some solid info either way. I don't know if can take much more of this waiting.

I hate waiting too.

IMO Bill will be our next HC.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Knowing Ralph Wilson he considers Dallas winning big tonight leverage, and will probably lower his offer to Cowher, assuming there is one. LOL

Lowering any offer would be a good way to get him to say "F U"...

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Maybe Cowher would like Vick

Vick >>> Kordell Stewart

(wow, there's no scenary that won't get mentioned on BZ)

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Lowering any offer would be a good way to get him to say "F U"...

Exactly

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I hope tomorrow Cowher does not give the run a round on CBS. Please give us something solid that we can read into either way.

patmoran2006
I think by next Friday the Bills will have a coach.

They dont have competition for their "guy" to go against.

That coach they select will say I'm either taking the Bills job or prolly not having a HC job in 2010

THE END OF ALL DAYS
im telling u that this has been the worst week ive ever gone thru as a bills fan

i am really just sooo tired of this

Novacane
01-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I hate waiting too.

You on a first name basis with him heh? ;)

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I hope tomorrow Cowher does not give the run a round on CBS. Please give us something solid that we can read into either way.

I disagree.

Saying nothing would be good news.. If its not even brought up, thats GREAT NEWS.

That means he doesnt want to talk about it. That's good

If he talks about it, that means he's staying.

He's not stupid, he's not going to use CBS as a platform to talk about his head coaching possibility. If he comments, EVERYBODY knows it is Buffalo.

So no talk, is great talk to me. It means he's definitely still interested.

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I hate waiting too.

Do you still have your same level of confidence? Or has the yesterday's and todays transpirings dwindled your hopes?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-09-2010, 09:59 PM
im telling u that this has been the worst week ive ever gone thru as a bills fan

i am really just sooo tired of this

That is an understatement

X-Era
01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Do you still have your same level of confidence? Or has the yesterday's and todays transpirings dwindled your hopes?

I'm just as hopeful.

ct bills fan
01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
what time does the pre-game show start tomorrow - it's a must watch. It would be great if Pat's sign ened up on it - too bad it doesn't go up until Monday - I think if it was functioning before then, the chances of it being on the pre-game show would be decent. Who knows, if this week proves anything, news travels fast - maybe it becomes a subject of discussion tomorrow.

wmoz11
01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
I disagree.

Saying nothing would be good news.. If its not even brought up, thats GREAT NEWS.

That means he doesnt want to talk about it. That's good

If he talks about it, that means he's staying.

He's not stupid, he's not going to use CBS as a platform to talk about his head coaching possibility. If he comments, EVERYBODY knows it is Buffalo.

So no talk, is great talk to me. It means he's definitely still interested.

This.

Cowher now has two options. He can either coach the Bills or he can go back to CBS and wait for the Carolina job to open up, when there may not even be a 2011 season and John Fox may just get an extension considering how they finished this year.

Jacksonville is not an option because of their instability and Oakland isn't an option because of Al Davis and the west coast.

I'm hoping Cowher doesn't say a word tomorrow.

BillsWin
01-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Still at the stadium. This stadium is amazing!

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm telling you guys.

If there is no mention of Cowher coaching that is the best news you can hope for.

No billboard showing. No James Brown asking him if he's considering coming back. Nothing.

If the hour show goes a full hour and Cowher doesn't address the coaching situation, and isn't even asked. That is great news.

If he talks about coaching, I'd say there is a 95% chance he'd announce that he's still "unlikely to coach" or that he flat out "plans on coming back for another year with you guys"

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm telling you guys.
or that he flat out "plans on coming back for another year with you guys"

I hope he doesn't say that..... Bills fans will go straight into a deep depression...

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2010, 10:05 PM

Don't be so sure. Baltimore released Trent Dilfer right after they won the SuperBowl. It could happen. Just saying.

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I think by next Friday the Bills will have a coach.

They dont have competition for their "guy" to go against.

That coach they select will say I'm either taking the Bills job or prolly not having a HC job in 2010

Lets just hope "that guy" is Bill Cowher. BTW Pat, can you answer me this? Why does everybody that has an "opinion" say that Cowher to Buffalo is big time long shot. We've all heard hear he is interested, he likes the dollar amount, and seems like the only thing is to convice the fam to make the move up North. IMO, Cowher is still likely to coach this team, especially w/ Dallas probably retaining Phillips now.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
BTW someone asked.

Pregame CBS tommorow is at noon.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Don't be so sure. Baltimore released Trent Dilfer right after they won the SuperBowl. It could happen. Just saying.

that is true.. You truly never know. Point taken.

wmoz11
01-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm telling you guys.

If there is no mention of Cowher coaching that is the best news you can hope for.

No billboard showing. No James Brown asking him if he's considering coming back. Nothing.

If the hour show goes a full hour and Cowher doesn't address the coaching situation, and isn't even asked. That is great news.

If he talks about coaching, I'd say there is a 95% chance he'd announce that he's still "unlikely to coach" or that he flat out "plans on coming back for another year with you guys"

To add to this: These guys have production meetings. If Cowher is considering the Bills heavily, they will ask that it not be brought up at all. CBS doesn't want an employee talking about a possible future employer.

I expect that Cowher's situation will not be brought up at all, and if it is, then it will be a statement by him that he's returning to CBS.

No news is good news tomorrow, fellas.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Lets just hope "that guy" is Bill Cowher. BTW Pat, can you answer me this? Why does everybody that has an "opinion" say that Cowher to Buffalo is big time long shot. We've all heard hear he is interested, he likes the dollar amount, and seems like the only thing is to convice the fam to make the move up North. IMO, Cowher is still likely to coach this team, especially w/ Dallas probably retaining Phillips now.

Mainly because most, if not alll of the big shot media doesn't see Cowher as a fit to Buffalo, and as a Bills fan you gotta admit, it's more hope than anything right now.

But again, nobody knows for sure. They have talked and I've seen multi reports out there that it isnt' about money.

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 10:09 PM
that is true.. You truly never know. Point taken.

I think Phillips is beloved by all his players, and by Jones hiring someone else is jeropardizes the team chemistry. I'm just trying so hard to believe that the stars are aligning for us to get Cowher. Does it not seem that way to you all?

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:11 PM
To me it seems like its CBS or Buffalo. Really

But oddly, I still think the oddsmakers would make CBS the favorite.

Novacane
01-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Why does everybody that has an "opinion" say that Cowher to Buffalo is big time long shot..

I know you asked Pat but I think all the national media think theres not way he's want to come here because they look at our organization as a joke. Also most of them look at Buffalo like it's Siberia.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Well I'll say this outside of Buffalo around the league this organization is not highly regarded.

WHich is all the more reason to want Cowher. Maybe he can change the culture and perception.

What I dont get is the Bills should be PUBLIC in their pursuit of Cowher.

Commissioner
01-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Well I'll say this outside of Buffalo around the league this organization is not highly regarded.

WHich is all the more reason to want Cowher. Maybe he can change the culture and perception.

If the perception of the organization is that bad... i don't know how the Bills can just go with some coordinator and hope to get any respectability....

It's gotta be Cowher or bust...

Maybe that's Lynch's issue also... has no respect for organization or community.

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I know you asked Pat but I think all the national media think theres not way he's want to come here because they look at our organization as a joke. Also most of them look at Buffalo like it's Siberia.

Exactly right!! The media, mainly ESPN (Clayton, Cowterd, Scheffter, Schlerth, etc) all portray Buffalo as a poor man's Oakland; a joke. In there minds, why would a guy like Cowher, go to a laughing stock like Buffalo??

However, most football coachs, GM's, Owners, and even players alike have mad respect for this town and this team, especially its fanbase. I'm sure Cowher, billboard or not, knows how great of a football town this is.

Screw ESPN

cwkbills
01-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I believe that this has not been a public pursuit of Cowher because of Cowher not wanting it to be. What I dont understand is that with so many people getting caught up in "Cowher Fever" (This is a very serious epidemic for some) the bills would not leak out something to squash all the rumors. What I am getting at is that I believe that we at the very least have a shot at him and I will take that any day.

patmoran2006
01-09-2010, 10:28 PM
If the perception of the organization is that bad... i don't know how the Bills can just go with some coordinator and hope to get any respectability....

It's gotta be Cowher or bust...

Maybe that's Lynch's issue also... has no respect for organization or community.

If they're ever gonna land a big ticket head coach in this small pond, it's this year with Cowher.

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 10:31 PM
I also don't understand how every "source" thinks that Frazier is a front runner, b/c we had a standard interview w/ him, and we were impressed. Being "impressed" is a comment that is so overblown & overused. Shanahan was "impressed", whatever that equated to is anyones guess.

I also agree that Cowher is the one thats asked for silence on his coaching plans, which I think that is why no "sources" outside of this area, can really do anything else but speculate. And speculation from anyone else outside this area (besides those idiots at WGR) is going to be "why would Cowher wanna come to Buffalo?" That is a consensus attitude the media types have over this franchise. They said the same thing when the Shanny news broke.

Pat is dead on about the silence on the CBS pregame show tomorrow. If he doesn't say anything, thats a very good sign. I believe if he does speak, he's gonna kill this matter, once and for all. IMHO, I don't think that pregame show is gonna go anywhere near that topic.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I continue to maintain that there os more at steak here then just a football hire.
cowher coming here helps more then just the bills... it helps the pwrception of the region

mysticsoto
01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
If they're ever gonna land a big ticket head coach in this small pond, it's this year with Cowher.

Pat, if we miss on Cowher, what is Plan B likely to be?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2010, 11:05 PM
i predict cowher is going to annouce 2mor he is staying at cbs....

"puke"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zero
01-09-2010, 11:06 PM

I was thinking, the only way I think the Buffalo Bills can return to respectability will be similar to the route that the UB football program took: hiring a relative unknown in Turner Gill, and basically striking gold. Also not unlike how the Bills began their rise to prominence in the late 80's with Marv Levy as HC and Bill Polian as GM. The reason being is that it has become increasingly clear that it will be difficult to land a marquee name because this organization is everything BUT marquee.

Therefore, where big time teams can afford to purchase front office talent ( allowing them to makes mistakes that they can afford to make) we will have to hire intelligently. The question, of course, is do we have the people in place to accomplish that task?

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 11:07 PM

"puke"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my heart of hearts, I don't think he's gonna talk about it at all. I still think he truly has interest, and he is still considering our offer.

Mathja
01-09-2010, 11:08 PM

"puke"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

said the guy who predicted he would be introduced as Bills coach on Tuesday.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-10-2010, 12:38 AM
You guys were NOT Getting the chin.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-10-2010, 01:55 AM

why such pessimism

Eventually
01-10-2010, 02:27 AM
Nice Site here guys. First post.

I agree with most of the logic presented in this dialogue here. It really does seem like it's down to Us and CBS after the Cowboys destruction of the Eagles tonight.

No News does make sense to be the better option for those of us holding out Hope for Cowher roaming the sidelines in Orchard Park.

However. Pat. You mentioned you think one way or another you feel we'll have our coach by friday. If it's not Cowher, it can't be frazier, schottenheimer jr, rivera or Grimm.

What's your Guess in this scenario then? Harbaugh. That would be mine if a hire were to take place by friday and (sigh) it wasn't the Chin.

Also. I posted a thread over at BBMB about this want to get your guys opinion on this as well. With all this coordinator talk, why no mention of Garrett at all?

YardRat
01-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Even if Dallas lost and Wade was booted, I don't think they would have been a factor for Cowher other than possibly driving his value up. Garrett is the anointed one there, and that's probably a big reason why his name hasn't been mentioned to any openings.

Jacksonville is probably the one team that would have a worse shot at landing a big-name coach than Buffalo. Maybe the perceived and oft-reported media threat of LA is one of the concerns Cowher needs to be assured of not possibly happening.

Unlike most, I don't think the Chin is a 'must have'. I honestly don't think he's coming here, and don't think he wants to be here anyway. Stranger things have happened though.

How long this thing drags out is a double-edged sword for the Bills and their fans. The more it drags out, and as Pat stated the less that is said, is 'good' for the pro-Cowher group because it keeps him in play and may eventually end up with him being hired. The 'bad' is the perception that Cowher has other options that he would prefer over Buffalo and he's waiting for everything to shake out before committing to a team that isn't his first or second choice. If that's the case, who would want to 100% commit to somebody who isn't equally committed to coming here?

If Cowher doesn't sign up with the Bills soon and goes elsewhere or stays at CBS, I wouldn't be surprised. If he does, hopefully the delay is due to both sides working out the assurances of not moving to LA, spending money on staff and players, convincing the wife the area is actually not that bad, etc. and not because he's taking the job just so he can get back on the sidelines and he had nowhere else to go.

kernowboy
01-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Based on Cowher's use of veteran QB, rather than McNabb more likely QB signings could be the likes of David Carr, Kyle Boller etc who more readily fit the mould of a Neil O'Donnell, Tommy Maddox etc

Cowher never had an elite QB before Ben and its possible he may want to sort the other issues the team has before looking at a QB in 2011.

Buddo
01-10-2010, 04:53 AM
In fairness Yardrat, I think what you get with a guy like Cowher, is the commitment once the decision has been made. He might take his time making it, but once he has, he will be 100% behind that decision, and work his socks off, to achieve the goals set. Should he decide to come to the Bills, I don't think anyone needs worry about his commitment.

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 07:41 AM

Oh ye of little faith....

As down as I am on this franchise I am grasping on to every straw, to ever shred of possible conditional evidence, to every Joe Logan report, to every whisper of a chance

and I really think Bill will coach the Bills

I mean for Christ Sake the guy is named Bill how could he not coach the Bills. Buffalo Bill Cowher :biggrin:

SquishDaFish
01-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Nice Site here guys. First post.

I agree with most of the logic presented in this dialogue here. It really does seem like it's down to Us and CBS after the Cowboys destruction of the Eagles tonight.

No News does make sense to be the better option for those of us holding out Hope for Cowher roaming the sidelines in Orchard Park.

However. Pat. You mentioned you think one way or another you feel we'll have our coach by friday. If it's not Cowher, it can't be frazier, schottenheimer jr, rivera or Grimm.

What's your Guess in this scenario then? Harbaugh. That would be mine if a hire were to take place by friday and (sigh) it wasn't the Chin.

Also. I posted a thread over at BBMB about this want to get your guys opinion on this as well. With all this coordinator talk, why no mention of Garrett at all?

Garrett will not accept a HC job anywhere. He knows he is the next HC of his beloved Cowboys. Im sure that has been worked out with Jerry Jones already.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 07:55 AM
has anyone else noticed that the rumor mill has completely dried up?

elltrain22
01-10-2010, 08:00 AM
has anyone else noticed that the rumor mill has completely dried up?

wait until the CBS pregame starts. Rumors will read like:

- Cowher looks like he's about to talk
- I think I just saw them flash the billboard
- Cowher is drinking coffee made in Buffalo
- Cowher has a blue & red pen
- Marino is an ***hole
- and so on and so on

I can't wait!!

El Guapo
01-10-2010, 08:20 AM
wait until the CBS pregame starts. Rumors will read like:

- Cowher looks like he's about to talk
- I think I just saw them flash the billboard
- Cowher is drinking coffee made in Buffalo
- Cowher has a blue & red pen
- Marino is an ***hole
- and so on and so on

I can't wait!!

We don't have to wait for the show for this one: Marino is an a**hole. A whiny little b*tch, also.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 08:26 AM
- Marino is an ***hole

That's not a rumor...

Throne Logic
01-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Sal said earlier on twitter the truth.

Tell me that despite Buffalo not being in the playoffs, the ratings for CBS Pregame show arent going to be ridiculously high.

Everybody will be watching hoping its addressed for 10 seconds.

I wonder if that might be part of the deal. Cowhes, in one of his final acts as a CBS analyst, breaks the news on his own superhyped employment move to Buffalo. Heck, I'd make it part of the deal. I'm sure CBS would appreciate it.