PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters

cyberelex
01-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I know we are all more concerned about who the next coach is but is anyone watching this eagle cowboys game. Best LT in football my ass. He has 3 false starts and has allowed atleast 2 sacks so far.

ct bills fan
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
all reputation - he's been horrible tonight.

Luisito23
01-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Peters sucks!

cyberelex
01-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe i'm just a bitter Bills fan. But i really can't stand Peters, we discovered this POS and gave him a chance and developed him into an elite LT and then he big times the team by sitting out. I get a lot of joy watching him struggle on national tv

psubills62
01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
He made the Pro Bowl this year. I've seen him be dominant in some games, but I've also seen him let up sacks and take penalties more than other dominant linemen.

Peters, to me, seems to be a feast or famine player. You rarely get an entire dominant game out of him. There seems to be one or two plays with mental lapses or whatever, but the rest of the time he dominates.

Cntrygal
01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Pro Bowl nominations don't mean much too me... IMO, It's mostly a popularity contest.

Griff
01-09-2010, 10:08 PM
He made the Pro Bowl this year. I've seen him be dominant in some games, but I've also seen him let up sacks and take penalties more than other dominant linemen.

Peters, to me, seems to be a feast or famine player. You rarely get an entire dominant game out of him. There seems to be one or two plays with mental lapses or whatever, but the rest of the time he dominates.

right because everybody in the pro bowl deserves it.

Luisito23
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Nice protection there Peters...LOL

psubills62
01-09-2010, 10:12 PM
right because everybody in the pro bowl deserves it.
I wasn't making a case for him. It was more of an ironic comment.

wmoz11
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
He's a good LT, but he's not elite, IMO. He's like a Russian hockey player. He's got all the tools, but he just doesn't bring it every night.

clumping platelets
01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Grossly overrated

cyberelex
01-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Remember Rueben Brown made the Pro bowl every year even when he started to suck.

The Spaz
01-09-2010, 10:38 PM
He blocks who he is supposed to block but struggles against high caliber guys such as Ware.

mysticsoto
01-09-2010, 10:54 PM
He blocks who he is supposed to block but struggles against high caliber guys such as Ware.

In all fairness, who doesn't. Ware is great. But Peters did struggle in this game and we can relish that. Sad that we relish these moments b'cse we have nothing else...

The Spaz
01-09-2010, 10:56 PM
In all fairness, who doesn't. Ware is great. But Peters did struggle in this game and we can relish that. Sad that we relish these moments b'cse we have nothing else...

This is true but you judge people when you go against the best and he struggled this year doing that.

Goobylal
01-09-2010, 10:59 PM
He made the Pro Bowl this year.
Take a look at the Pro Bowl LT's from last year. Most of them are either retired, got injured early, or had a really bad year. Peters more or less was the best of a mediocre bunch of NFC LT's.

billsfootball8183
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
This dude is not even in the top 3 IMO .. Ware wore his fatass out

DynaPaul
01-09-2010, 11:47 PM
You'd think he'd play harder in a nationally televised playoff game. After all, that's why you play the game - to win the Super Bowl, not go to the meaningless Pro Bowl.

wmoz11
01-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Hey, he got paid. That's all that mattered to him anyway. I'm sure he would have liked to advance, but I guarantee he's happy as a pig in **** that he's paid like a son of a ***** and now he's got some time off and some Pro Bowl recognition.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Pro Bowl nominations don't mean much too me... IMO, It's mostly a popularity contest.
Sorta like the Zone Awards.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Jason Peters is worthless garbage. He's absolutely lazy, its no wonder things nevr worked out for him as a TE

Buddo
01-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Peters is a good LT, but he will never be an 'elite' one. The 'elite' guys, simply don't make mistakes when it matters, and Peters always has. He has the tools to be 'elite', but I don't think he has the brains or desire to be so.

TedMock
01-10-2010, 05:58 AM

My boss is a Philly guy and this basically his description too. He said overall Peters has not been that good. Called him overrated. I haven't watched too many Philly games this year, but I would also agree with what you said based on what I've seen. Unfortunately, he's still better than what we have. He had a couple of real nice seasons with us. Not sure what happened.

Night Train
01-10-2010, 06:03 AM
The Bills failure was not finding his replacement.

Not paying him the big $$ was the correct decision.. but the Bills never complete their decision making.

SquishDaFish
01-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Night I agree with you all the way. Man HH isnt going to like this thread and you guys bashing his man crush

Historian
01-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Took a pers foul last night too, didnt he?

Thief
01-10-2010, 08:59 AM
He already made the pro bowl, what else did he have to play for this year?

Philagape
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM

He plays hard when he feels like it. He has the talent to be a truly elite LT, but he doesn't give his all. That's unacceptable for any position, but especially for the QB's bodyguard. A LT cannot take plays off, period, and that's why I'm still glad the scumbag isn't here.

Canadian'eh!
01-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Peters is def overrated. He seems to be one of those guys who is all about the money and I think his play will be VERY average now that he has gotten paid.

I watched him yesterday and he had absolutely NO answer for Demarcus Ware. I know that there are not a lot of people who DO have an answer for Ware (who is an absolute BEAST) but if you're supposed to be an All Pro LT, you have to at least slow him down a more than Peters did. JP had nothing when Ware pulled spin moves or dipped his shoulder.

Goobylal
01-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Peters is def overrated. He seems to be one of those guys who is all about the money and I think his play will be VERY average now that he has gotten paid.

I watched him yesterday and he had absolutely NO answer for Demarcus Ware. I know that there are not a lot of people who DO have an answer for Ware (who is an absolute BEAST) but if you're supposed to be an All Pro LT, you have to at least slow him down a more than Peters did. JP had nothing when Ware pulled spin moves or dipped his shoulder.
Exactly. If you call yourself and are paid like the best LT, you should play like it when the heat is on. This was the playoffs and he came up short. And it's not like you don't find good RDE's in the playoffs annually.

The Bills made out in this trade. The Eagles are saddled with Peters' contract, ego, and inconsistent play for at leas another 3 years. Unfortunately for the Bills, they didn't have an answer at LT, although they were stupid to release Walker right before the season, because he couldn't perform in the no-huddle, only to see the O-line get decimated with injuries and then ditch the no-huddle. I would have liked to see Levitre at LT, because there are no sure-fire LT's in the draft (hopefully Nix has a non-1st rounder in mind) and no good LT's expected to be available in FA.

kernowboy
01-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I hope Nix is taking a long look at Bruce Campbell of Maryland who if he falls to us, will lock down the LT position for the next decade

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I hope Nix is taking a long look at Bruce Campbell of Maryland who if he falls to us, will lock down the LT position for the next decade

I know I will be:king:

PromoTheRobot
01-10-2010, 11:33 AM
How can you expect Peters to block Ware when he's worried about how to feed his family? He obviously has his contract on his mind.

PTR

Mr. Pink
01-10-2010, 11:35 AM
The Bills failure was not finding his replacement.

Not paying him the big $$ was the correct decision.. but the Bills never complete their decision making.

One of the best posts I've read in a while.

And the best post on this subject ever.

Philagape
01-10-2010, 12:08 PM
How can you expect Peters to block Ware when he's worried about how to feed his family? He obviously has his contract on his mind.

PTR

Just wait til another LT gets a bigger contract (perhaps Okung). Peters will practically set up a lawn chair on the field during the game.

Goobylal
01-10-2010, 01:45 PM

PTR
No, no, no. Peters wasn't worried about feeding his family. That got taken care of when he signed his contract. He was thinking about the Pro Bowl.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Waiting on HH to tell everyone how wrong they are on Peters.

The guy has his moments but is far from an all-pro LT.

psubills62
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
My boss is a Philly guy and this basically his description too. He said overall Peters has not been that good. Called him overrated. I haven't watched too many Philly games this year, but I would also agree with what you said based on what I've seen. Unfortunately, he's still better than what we have. He had a couple of real nice seasons with us. Not sure what happened.

I actually haven't watched many Philly games, either. When I do, I tend to watch Peters closely, especially on the replays. There have been tons of plays where I've seen him just pancake really good players. But then there's plays where the defender turns the corner, strips McNabb of the football, and Peters is just standing 10 feet away, acting like the play is over already.

I completely agree with people that motivation seems to be his overlying problem. I'm very glad we didn't pay him just to see him slack off a few plays every game.