PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Coach To Choose

Mr Hotstepper
01-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Rob Ryan.

What do we need? We need a motivator. We need a guy who can get the most out of his players. We need a guy who can attract mainstream media attention and respect.

Rob Ryan provides all three. He's a fiery motivator who will get into jaw jacking with opposing players. He's got long silver hair and is the type of guy who has a way about him that could be the type of guy who becomes a star. He's got the fire and passion to be a true head coach.

He's been on two of the NFL's basement teams, and has had defenses overachieve dramatically. Oakland and Cleveland. Both with questionable talent. One a 4-3, on a 3-4. That shows versatility as well.

The rivalry with his brother the head coach of the playoff game winning Jets will be all over the press. He's respected throughout the league and is certainly on the same level as his brother, our division rival Rex Ryan.

I obviously am on board with Cowher if it happens. But how this guy isn't on the interview list is beyond me.

Ingtar33
01-09-2010, 10:48 PM
OAK 2004 - 30th, 31st
OAK 2005 - 27th, 25th
OAK 2006 - 3rd, 18th
OAK 2007 - 22nd, 26th
CLE 2008 - 26th, 16th
CLE 2009 - 31st, 21st

yards/scoring rank

you are joking right? He has never been a HC at any level of football, and this is what he did in the NFL as a DC

Prov401
01-10-2010, 03:15 AM
I nominate this thread as 'worst idea of 2010'.

Are you serious dude?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 04:44 AM
I think too many people tie madden into the real goings on in the NFL

Mr Hotstepper
01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I think too many people tie madden into the real goings on in the NFL

Are you kidding? Everything I've ever heard about the guy is he's a helluva coordinator. Also, doesn't seem like our sorry ass team has the pick of the litter, either.

From what I've heard we've been snubbed by Billick and probably will be by Cowher. Marty ain't coaching. Let me guess, you guys want Jim Mora now right?

You'd take a turd if it was a HC before. How about Cam Cameron then?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 10:38 AM
First you obviously don't know much because as of late, Billick is begging for an interview with the Bills.

Second you bring up Rob Ryan and now Cam Cameron, please get a clue!

Mr Hotstepper
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
First you obviously don't know much because as of late, Billick is begging for an interview with the Bills.

Second you bring up Rob Ryan and now Cam Cameron, please get a clue!
I'm serious about Ryan, obviously not about Cameron. Ryan would be my third overall choice behind, I hate to say it, but Brian Billick and Jim Fassel are my top 2 choices.

My buddy and I got slammered last night and we made our official list. We want an offensive minded coach with head coach experience, and ties to good assistants.

My list is

1. Billick
2. Fassel
3. R. Ryan
4. B. Schottenheimer
5. J. Harbough

Bash away if you want. But at least I'm not sitting here praying for something that ain't gonna happen. (Cowher)...I mean obviously, I'd be psyched if we signed him. But I don't think we will.

And if you don't think Rob Ryan will end up a head coach in this league, then I think you might not know that much.

And if Billick wants our job, the fact that we haven't interviewed him yet just absolutely blows my mind. He could get Fassel to be OC and QB coach. It'd be perfect.

I still think giving Trent another year with a good coach would be smart. It was Drew Brees's 4th season when he finally clicked.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 11:02 AM
My list
1 Cowher
2 Fox
3 Billick
4 Marty
5 Insert Bust Here

Ingtar33
01-10-2010, 11:06 AM
My list is

1. Billick
2. Fassel
3. R. Ryan
4. B. Schottenheimer
5. J. Harbough

dear god. i think i just died a little inside; after Billick you don't list a single guy who'd i'd want anywhere near my sideline.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Rob Ryan.

What do we need? We need a motivator. We need a guy who can get the most out of his players. We need a guy who can attract mainstream media attention and respect.

Rob Ryan provides all three. He's a fiery motivator who will get into jaw jacking with opposing players. He's got long silver hair and is the type of guy who has a way about him that could be the type of guy who becomes a star. He's got the fire and passion to be a true head coach.

He's been on two of the NFL's basement teams, and has had defenses overachieve dramatically. Oakland and Cleveland. Both with questionable talent. One a 4-3, on a 3-4. That shows versatility as well.

The rivalry with his brother the head coach of the playoff game winning Jets will be all over the press. He's respected throughout the league and is certainly on the same level as his brother, our division rival Rex Ryan.

I obviously am on board with Cowher if it happens. But how this guy isn't on the interview list is beyond me.
Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!That's no in German.

Mr. Pink
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Well Ryan does have fire and is animated.

Doesn't employee a boring defense.

The exact opposite of what we just had.

Mr Hotstepper
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
dear god. i think i just died a little inside; after Billick you don't list a single guy who'd i'd want anywhere near my sideline.

Well, face it, its a crappy time to be looking for a coach and it's a crappy time to be a Bills fan. We should have been in the market for a coach last season. I don't know if that would have gone any better, but I'm not going to sit here and wish and pray for something that ain't gonna happen.

It's fun to hope and all, but you guys are hanging your hopes on Joe Logan and any no-name reporter that's willing to say what you want to hear. If this thing was happening, it'd be happening. But the fact is, nothing is happening. The Bills are probably panicking because there is no right answer.

For those of you that think Ralph is just going to change one day because we've been losing, then in the words of Ralph "Your lookin down the wrong side of the street"

My list is realistic. Not fantasy. Of course I would want Vince Lombardi to come back from the dead and invent the Zombie offense and lead us to glory. Cowher is equally likely.

Run_Two_Three
01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Of course I would want Vince Lombardi to come back from the dead and invent the Zombie offense and lead us to glory. Cowher is equally likely.

1. I agree.
2. That was hilarious.