PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Post Game Presser

Poz's Posse
01-09-2010, 10:46 PM
I think we got a clear view into who our next coach will be today....a reporter asked Rex Ryan about "Schotty's game plan" on the ESPN coverage of his post game press conference.......he shook his head smiled and then said something to the effect of what can I say, you know we probably are only going to have Schotty for the remainder of the tournament so we are going to enjoy it while we can........

billsburgh
01-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I dont like the sound of that.

ArcticWildMan
01-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Schotty to the Raiders. Nobody else would be desperate enough to take the job.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't want any BS.

wmoz11
01-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm officially on the BS bandwagon, if we don't get Cowher.

I'd like Rivera or Grimm just as much, but BS showed me something today. He could probably put together a pretty damn good staff, as well.

elltrain22
01-09-2010, 11:05 PM
I think we got a clear view into who our next coach will be today....a reporter asked Rex Ryan about "Schotty's game plan" on the ESPN coverage of his post game press conference.......he shook his head smiled and then said something to the effect of what can I say, you know we probably are only going to have Schotty for the remainder of the tournament so we are going to enjoy it while we can........

sounds like a partial endorsement to me.

ct bills fan
01-09-2010, 11:06 PM
am i the only one who watched his play calling in the first buffalo game this year? Jones averaging 10 yds per carry, and he's constantly calling passing plays. 5 or 6 ints.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-09-2010, 11:29 PM
That doesn't mean anything

Pinkerton Security
01-09-2010, 11:33 PM
i saw it as well, but i was talking with my buddy...where is he gonna go? the only options are us and...? dont we have the only head coaching vacancy as of right now or did i have one too many margaritas with my burrito?

PECKERWOOD
01-09-2010, 11:40 PM
1.) Billick
2.) Cowher
3.) Frazier
4.) Schotty
5.) Rivera

Mathja
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
to make comments like Ryan did, i've got to believe he at least found out that Schotty was contacted by someone.

wmoz11
01-09-2010, 11:48 PM
to make comments like Ryan did, i've got to believe he at least found out that Schotty was contacted by someone.

He wouldn't "find out," he'd have to approve of it. I think you're right, though, to think thank Ryan knows that Schotty is going to be a hot commodity after the playoffs.

Mathja
01-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Living in the NYC area and listening to sports radio on most days, I can tell you that Rex Ryan can't keep his mouth shut. He will talk at any chance he can get. He probably took pleasure in sending out that little nugget of info.

Prov401
01-10-2010, 01:46 AM
1.) Billick
2.) Cowher
3.) Frazier
4.) Schotty
5.) Rivera

I'm grateful that you aren't our GM.

Buddo
01-10-2010, 05:30 AM
The thing that has impressed me with Schottenheimer, is the way that he, and Ryan in fairness, have handled Sanchez. At the start, he was allowed to throw, but then it all started to go wrong - including the first game against the Bills. From there, they've basically reined it back, and are just giving him stuff he can do comfortably. The last several games (5 I think), Sanchez hasn't thrown an interception. He also hasn't made above about 25 throws in that period either.
There's a game plan in place, that is being very well executed, by both Schottenheimer, and Sanchez.
What it also shows me, is adaptability. The first approach started off ok, then faltered, so they went with 'plan B'. Too often recently, it has been blatantly obvious that the Bills never had a 'plan B', unless it involved putting someone else in, and hoping they would do better with plan A.
Whilst Schottenheimer wouldn't be my first choice, I wouldn't say I'd be too worried if he did become the Bills HC. In respect of having a Coordinator as HC, I think I'd prefer to have an OC, rather than a DC, and one thing is for certain, the Jets have a running game.

Night Train
01-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Means nothing.

Ryan was probably delirious afterr not wearing a coat all game and craving a cheeseburger. He's a world class yapper.

TedMock
01-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Ryan has publicly promoted BS a few times already. I don't get the feeling that he wants him gone as much as I think he really likes him and wants him to get his shot. I think BS is a good coach. My only concern is that he's not quite ready to be a head guy. A couple of more seasons under his belt would make me far more comfortable.