• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

King: Bills to conduct several more interviews

Multiple outlets are reporting that Minnesota assistant head coach and defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is currently the "leader in the clubhouse" in the Buffalo Bills' head coaching search. Frazier, who interviewed for Seattle's vacant head coaching position for four hours on Saturday, is said to have been very impressive in his Thursday interview with GM Buddy Nix.
    As Sports Illustrated's Peter King points out, however, Frazier is only the clubhouse leader. King reports that the Bills are set to conduct "4 or 5" more interviews for the head coaching job - and though this may have only been in reference to the excellent job he did in playoff action yesterday, King mentioned Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's name as one who could interview.
    This is good news. Many people took issue with yesterday's report about Frazier's impressive interview simply because it appeared that the Bills might bypass due diligence and hire Frazier right away. That does not appear to be the case, and the more people that Nix and CEO Russ Brandon interview, the smaller chance that they screw this search process up.
    read more....

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: King: Bills to conduct several more interviews

I expect and demand nothing else but an exhaustive search, and a major effort to bring in a top HC

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Unfortunately, they're interviewing all second tier guys...coordinators, etc.

This team needs an established coach, not someone who's never sat in the big chair before.

Haven't we been down this road umteen times already?

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Historian

This team needs an established coach, not someone who's never sat in the big chair before.

Interviewing second tier guys with few other options, while waiting on a big name guy with few options wouldn't seem to hurt our chances with anyone.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

..and after each known interview, King and ESPN will tell you that candidate from that day is now the favorite.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
            ..and after each known interview, King and ESPN will tell you that candidate from that day is now the favorite.

They are totally, and most likely intentionally clueless.

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Historian

I agree... but I will deal with a coordinator after a very exhautive search and be slightly disapointed, but if they were to all of sudden name Frazier the HC today I would be devestated.....

I still stand by my feelings that if the Bills hire Cowher I go out and spend some money on offiical Bills paraphenallia immediately...

If they hire a coordinator before exhausting every effort to land Bill or another big name proven HC I really scale back my fandom. I would wait until they prove to me they are a serious SB contender before investing finacially in this team which includes my Sunday ticket / superfan package

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

just cuz they are coordinators now doesnt mean they're second tier. everyone has to start somewhere. using your logic, cowher is nothing more than a retread
                Last edited by B-DON; 01-10-2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
                  just cuz they are coordinators now doesnt mean they're second tier. everyone has to start somewhere. using your logic, cowher is nothing more than a retread
                  A guy that has a SB as a HC is not a retread, a guy with a career losing record as a HC is a retread.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by X-Era
                    A guy that has a SB as a HC is not a retread, a guy with a career losing record as a HC is a retread.

A guy who was a winning successful HC but took a few years off to see his girls finish HS and go off to college and now is looking to return to coaching is not a retread...

Comment

• B-DON
                      hi
                      • Mar 2004

jimmy johnson worked out real well for the dolphins after he won the superbowl right? how bout vermeil in kc? just sayin because he won it once under totally different circumstances doesnt mean he is our best option

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

jimmy johnson worked out real well for the dolphins after he won the superbowl right? how bout vermeil in kc? just sayin because he won it once under totally different circumstances doesnt mean he is our best option
                        A totally different scenario could mean failure, I admit that.

But I also feel Cowher is our best option.

Comment

• B-DON
                          hi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
                          A totally different scenario could mean failure, I admit that.

But I also feel Cowher is our best option.

look at the majority of coaches in the playoffs now. the majority are first time coordinators on their first head coaching gig. look at last years superbowl. i want cowher but we dont need cowher to be successful. thats all im sayin

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

look at the majority of coaches in the playoffs now. the majority are first time coordinators on their first head coaching gig. look at last years superbowl. i want cowher but we dont need cowher to be successful. thats all im sayin
                            Hold up though.

How many HC's with SB rings as HC's are in the league at all right now?

We may not need a guy like Cowher, we could succeed, I suppose with something else. But, IMO, I have seen this version before and its failed every time.

So why should I think anything differently now?

The last time we went to the SB was with a HOF HC, thats the data Im looking at.

Comment

• B-DON
                              hi
                              • Mar 2004

but he wasnt a hof coach when we hired him. hell i think i heard something on nbc yesterday that marv wasnt even a coordinator when we hired him. u dont need experience to be a great coach. just need to know what the hell your doin

Comment

Working...
                              X