PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for CBS pre-game show

BuffaloBru
01-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Guys

This is my first post because I have been over the BBMB and have heard good things about this forum. So far, it seems a lot better and more rational than a lot of posters over there.

My question is about the CBS pre-game show. What do you guys think will be said or brought up on it concerning Cowher?

I agree with Pat Moran when he said that if nothing is said about the situation, it's a great sign!

Hopefully Sharpe and Marino don't make their crappy comments again.

THRILLHO
01-10-2010, 09:57 AM
"No comment."

hydro
01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I bet he says he is going to be back at CBS next season :ill:

X-Era
01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey Guys

This is my first post because I have been over the BBMB and have heard good things about this forum. So far, it seems a lot better and more rational than a lot of posters over there.

My question is about the CBS pre-game show. What do you guys think will be said or brought up on it concerning Cowher?

I agree with Pat Moran when he said that if nothing is said about the situation, it's a great sign!

Hopefully Sharpe and Marino don't make their crappy comments again.

Welcome.

Yes, this board is run a bit differently, and IMO better. If you get a chance, take a look at the terms of service. You can find them here:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=12

Dying_-2-_Live
01-10-2010, 09:59 AM
He's not going to comment...

T-Long
01-10-2010, 10:00 AM
They'll joke with him a bit about it, and he'll say No comment fellas

THRILLHO
01-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey Guys

I came from that board too. You will find that here, people actually respond to you, instead of just talking over you, saying the same thing 300 other people have said. And I havent seen one single Trent Edwards fan boy post, its been great!

X-Era
01-10-2010, 10:02 AM
He's not going to comment...

Would you?

The only thing I would announce is that I was staying out of coaching. But that's only if that's the true case.

I dont see him announcing hes the next Bills HC on CBS. I would do that the right way, with a presser, at OBD.

If it doesnt get discussed, or if he says nothing when its discussed. I think it means theres something going on.

Michael82
01-10-2010, 10:05 AM
He's going to say "No comment" and then tomorrow he will be announced as Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills! :up:

:pray:

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 10:06 AM
probably no comment

but I hold out hope that these secret negotiation were to be able to let Bill himself scoop the story as a CBS exclusive himself...

G Wolly
01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I hope he says "stop making a new thread about me every 5 seconds"

Nothing against you, just in general.

And welcome.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I wonder if they bring up the billboard? But I think he will say, "no comment"

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey Guys

I came from that board too. You will find that here, people actually respond to you, instead of just talking over you, saying the same thing 300 other people have said. And I havent seen one single Trent Edwards fan boy post, its been great!

stick around guys you'll love it here. We have our issues but thy're minor in comparison, and you won't find a more knowlegeable board. Billszone is the best and I've posted on all the major Bills boards

SquishDaFish
01-10-2010, 10:09 AM
He's going to say "No comment" and then tomorrow he will be announced as Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills! :up:

I agree with everyone he wont comment on the situation but man Mikey I pray to God your right about tomorrow.

X-Era
01-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Speculation on my part, but it may not be tomorrow.

G Wolly
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM

Just wait 5 more days. This is thurman's big splash.

Michael82
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM

No, it might be Tues or Wed. Or maybe even Friday.

Michael82
01-10-2010, 10:12 AM

That would be hilarious if it happened on the 15th. Then all the talk from Thurman Thomas about a big splash by January 15th would have been true. :up:

patmoran2006
Hope: No comment or discussion at all.

Fear: Comment or discussion

(And the billboard isn't going to be shown on the CBS show)

X-Era

Could be. Or it could be some other big splash. Who knows.

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 10:14 AM
You guys must have better sources than me, lol.

Everyone I've talked to tells me the Bills arent close to landing Cowher as of right now.

Maybe I'm missing something. Hope I am

kelly2reed4six
01-10-2010, 10:21 AM
He's going to come onto the set decked out in Bills Gear and announce his return to coaching as the Bills HC......*pinch*.....*wake up from dream*........

I don't think they will even mention it.

Cntrygal
01-10-2010, 10:22 AM
:welcome:

Michael82
01-10-2010, 10:22 AM

Everyone I've talked to tells me the Bills arent close to landing Cowher as of right now.

Damn it. Why did you have to say that? Now I'm depressed. :sigh:

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
from dream*........

I don't think they will even mention it.

honestly don't see how they could possibly avoid it....

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 10:25 AM

Just out of curiosity... How far up the ladder are your sources without giving it away

because we all know not much is being leaked, so unless your sources are pretty high up I can hold out hope that they are just being restricted from being in the know

capitolneal
01-10-2010, 10:28 AM
32 minutes till we found out I wll be looking at the body language more than the words but him wearing a Bills cap would sure make things easier!!!!!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Just out of curiosity... How far up the ladder are your sources without giving it away

because we all know not much is being leaked, so unless your sources are pretty high up I can hold out hope that they are just being restricted from being in the know

I said it yesterday. There isnt a single reporter out there who can put something out right now definitively because they'd be doing nothing more than taking a stab in the dark.

I honestly think NOBODY knows right now, because Cowher has been very tightly guarded.

shelby
01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
:welcome: to the Zone!

i don't think he'll comment.

trapezeus
01-10-2010, 10:30 AM
nothing will be said. we aren't in the running at alll. this is my greatest fear, the bills ability to underwhelm us at every stage of the game.

Michael82
01-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I honestly think NOBODY knows right now, because Cowher has been very tightly guarded.

And this is what leads me to believe that he is definitely interested. I think it's only a matter of talking it over with the wife and family. If she's willing to move, then I think he will come to Buffalo.

Come on...every other time teams have sniffed around Cowher over the last couple years...him or his agent would come out and say that he's not interested. He hasn't done that with the Bills job.

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 10:43 AM
nothing will be said. we aren't in the running at alll. this is my greatest fear, the bills ability to underwhelm us at every stage of the game.

I don't think that is true either

I know were beat down, but we've done the unthinkable a few times just the same :topdog2:

elltrain22
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
:welcome: Welcome aboard guys, and you're right this board is the best, and far better than BBMB. Make sure you check out the other forums. The twilight zone is sweet, the Sabres zone is very sweet, and the Sports zone is also very cool.

I also believe that CBS & Cowher aren't going anywhere near that subject. I also think that Pat's sources, Sal sources, and anyone else knows maybe 1/2 of whats really going on so far. I think Cowher/Wilson/Brandon, and a few others may be the only ones that know all that is transpired. I think the comments we've heard from Wilson is a smokescreen to divert attention, and I think Cowher's no comments are proof that this is infact pretty close to happening. I truly believe the sticking point here is Cowher's family. I think they're on the fence about it, and I think when he gets a committment from his fam, either way, is when we'll know where he stands. I don't believe, even is he is certain now, he's not going to do it on a CBS pregame show.

elltrain22
01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
And this is what leads me to believe that he is definitely interested. I think it's only a matter of talking it over with the wife and family. If she's willing to move, then I think he will come to Buffalo.

Come on...every other time teams have sniffed around Cowher over the last couple years...him or his agent would come out and say that he's not interested. He hasn't done that with the Bills job.

yes sir. I'm tellin ya, all y'all that think Cowher to Buffalo is never gonna happen, read into the media to much. Cowher to Buffalo is a very realistic happening.

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm staying...that's what expect to hear today.

Michael82
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I know it's early...but does anyone else think that Cowher is sweating a lot and looks a little nervous?

buffalochip92
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
yea mikey, i noticed that as soon as i saw him.

trapezeus
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
i think the bills PR spin machine has started to try to lower our cowher expectations.

I think we are getting further and further away from the change that we need.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 11:16 AM
He's probably afraid one of the dumbasses that sit at the table with him will bring up the subject, when he would prefer that it wasn't discussed at all at this time.

Either that or he accidentally put on Marino's underoos instead of his own, and the smaller size is pinching him a little bit.

I don't think anything will be said by Cowher, but Casserly just threw out Grimm and Harbaugh as possible interviews.

UltimateBillsFan
They just completely skipped over Cowher's name when mentioning what coaches the Bills are considering.

TheBrownBear
So, Grimm and Harbaugh are still in the mix? That's encouraging. Would love to see Harbaugh here, and I wouldn't mind Grimm either.

X-Era
And there it is.

They talked with Casserly on Buffalo, and he only mentioned coords. Nothing at all on Cowher.

patmoran2006
wow..

Michael82
01-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow...so they talk about the Buffalo Bills head coaching job but in a separate segment with Charlie Casserly. I like that he mentioned two names on my list...Russ Grimm and Jim Harbaugh! No mention of Brian Schottenheimer. :phew:

Nighthawk
Casserly just said the Bills are waiting to interview Grimm next week and to keep an eye on Harbaugh. No mention of Cowher...folks, he ain't coming here!

buffalochip92
so is that good or bad pat?

patmoran2006
And there it is.

They talked with Casserly on Buffalo, and he only mentioned coords. Nothing at all on Cowher.

Convinced now?

trapezeus
so what do we think that JB and casserly didn't even mention cowher for the coaching position? and the fact casserly said russ grimm when most of us heard grimm won't entertain buffalo.

This is such a joke. i can't believe there are so many angles on this.

Michael82
They just completely skipped over Cowher's name when mentioning what coaches the Bills are considering.

Don't tell me that wasn't intentional!

patmoran2006
so is that good or bad pat?

It's very bad.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Casserly just said the Bills are waiting to interview Grimm next week and to keep an eye on Harbaugh. No mention of Cowher...folks, he ain't coming here!

You have to remember Cowher is employed with CBS so obviously he is not going to say anything

Mathja
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
i don't know if it's good or bad, but pat said he thought it was better if they said nothing at all. we're all guessing at this point though.

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Buffalo will go the cheap route again, let's just hope they get the right one...and that would not be Frazier. At this point, I'm pulling for Harbaugh...at least he has run a program and has experience turning around something from nothing.

Michael82
It's very bad.

I thought you said that if Cowher says nothing...it's good?

JJamezz
i don't know if it's good or bad, but pat said he thought it was better if they said nothing at all. we're all guessing at this point though.

Apparently not anymore!

Mathja
It's very bad.

pat, how could you now say it's very bad. an hour ago you said it was good news if cowher completely ignores the issue. not that i agreed with that.

jlruss90
pat you said yesterday no news about cowher is good news, whats with the flip flop?

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Convinced now?

Why would they talk about Cowher with him sitting right there?

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:20 AM
so what do we think that JB and casserly didn't even mention cowher for the coaching position? and the fact casserly said russ grimm when most of us heard grimm won't entertain buffalo.

This is such a joke. i can't believe there are so many angles on this.

IMO.

They wouldnt set up Casserly, their "insider" to be a toobox but not mentioning Cowher if it were a possibility.

He mentions other names, and then hired Cowher this week, and Casserly would be set up to be "clubless" by his own show.

CBS producers wouldn't do that. It makes me near certain now that most the major media people who've said their Cowher sources say "no way" are correct.

That's what Im taking from it. Feel free to disagree

Michael82
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Apparently not anymore!

:rofl: i'm sorry...but the fact that they didn't mention Cowher's name at all and waited to talk about the job separately, meaning that Cowher doesn't want to talk about it...is a very good sign IMO! It means that he is still considering it. If he wasn't interested, he would comment and say that he has no interest or let his agent say that.

patmoran2006
pat you said yesterday no news about cowher is good news, whats with the flip flop?

Meant no news as in not even discussing the Buffalo Bills coaching opening on the show.

Nighthawk
Folks, Pat is a great insider, but he knows nothing more then you and me. His insight is welcomed on this board, but let's not forget that he only knows what is out there in regards to information.

Michael82
Why would they talk about Cowher with him sitting right there?

EXACTLY! :hi5:

Commissioner
It's very bad.

Why is it very bad?

I think it's obvious that Cowher said don't bring me up....

ddaryl
so Cowher didn't say no

If he had no intention he would debunk it IMO.

it makes no sense to let CBS get mauled with 10000 emails a week asking about it if he was positve he wasn't going to coach the Bills

then again the more it is strung along the more viewers will be tuning in ?

Still it seems a bit evil to leave this thing in Limbo

January 15th is our next destination

Mudflap1
01-10-2010, 11:22 AM
It was quite strange. Casserly said "they interviewed Fewell, they intereviewed Frazier, they want to interview some other guys like Grimm and Harbaugh, so we'll see what happens" something to that effect, without mentioning that Cowher met with the Bills or Ralph's AP story the other day where he confirmed there were discussions. Completely glossed over. And it was in a segment where Cowher, Marino, Esiason, and Sharpe weren't even in the picture.

TheBrownBear
01-10-2010, 11:23 AM
The only people who ever talked about Cowher or thought he had a shot of ever coming to Buffalo, reside right here on Bills message boards. What does that tell you? We were never in the running for this guy. He was never serious about coming to Buffalo. Let's give it up and try to get excited about our other coaching possibilities. The names being thrown about are good names - and one of these guys could very well be our next Marv Levy.

Commissioner
Meant no news as in not even discussing the Buffalo Bills coaching opening on the show.

So if they brought up Buffalo... do you think Cowher would have said... yeah I'm talking to the Bills!!!

as secret as the Bills have been... I'm sure Cowher told them don't mention my name...

Michael82
Plus...Casserly is a moron! Doesn't he realize that the Bills have an offer on the table and Cowher has NOT said no? WTF! :mad:

patmoran2006
IMO.

They wouldnt set up Casserly, their "insider" to be a toobox but not mentioning Cowher if it were a possibility.

He mentions other names, and then hired Cowher this week, and Casserly would be set up to be "clubless" by his own show.

CBS producers wouldn't do that. It makes me near certain now that most the major media people who've said their Cowher sources say "no way" are correct.

This is what I say in response to the comments about 'no news is good news"

I meant no news, as in not even bringing up the Buffalo BIlls at all today.

Do you think CBS would set up to make their own insider look clueless?

YardRat
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
:rofl:

You're sliding into this media/talking head role pretty smoothly, pat.

"That's good"
"Wait, that's bad."
"Hey, it's good again."

Cover all the bases and you can't help but be 'right'.

ddaryl
It's very bad.

I definitely didn't come away with that take

Bad was a definite NO.. Not even bringing it up just means that Cowher just doesn't want it to be a distraction on the air if its not official or if he hasn't made up his mind

X-Era
IMO.

So, I would agree that they wouldnt have Casserly talk about anyone else if Cowner to Buffalo was official. But if it wasnt, I could see that they wouldn't touch him or his name.

All I read into this is that the Bills will continue to interview, not that Cowher isn't there top choice, not that the Bills dont think they can land him, not that he isn't interested, not that he doesn't have an offer.

Commissioner
If Cowher wasn't interested... he could of had them bring it up ... and he could of ended speculation right on the show....

the fact that he didn't.... is a good thing in my opinion.

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Plus...Casserly is a moron! Doesn't he realize that the Bills have an offer on the table and Cowher has NOT said no? WTF! :mad:

He's not a moron when it comes to Cowher.

He's sitting freegin 10 feet away from him MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets Mort and SChefter get 10 feet from Cowher

Michael82
:rofl:

You're sliding into this media/talking head role pretty smoothly, pat.

"That's good"
"Wait, that's bad."
"Hey, it's good again."

Cover all the bases and you can't help but be 'right'.

:rofl: i was thinking the same thing. He sounds like Clayton now.

Mathja
I think it's pretty safe to say that Cowher won't address it during the rest of this show right after his colleague ignored the possibility. Gun to my head -- he's not coming here.
I can totally get on board with Jim Harbaugh though. It would be a whole new direction. That guy is a winner.

ddaryl
The only people who ever talked about Cowher or thought he had a shot of ever coming to Buffalo, reside right here on Bills message boards. What does that tell you? We were never in the running for this guy. He was never serious about coming to Buffalo. Let's give it up and try to get excited about our other coaching possibilities. The names being thrown about are good names - and one of these guys could very well be our next Marv Levy.

NO :whistling

patmoran2006
Hey.

Maybe you guys are right.

I HOPE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
If Cowher wasn't interested... he could of had them bring it up ... and he could of ended speculation right on the show....

the fact that he didn't.... is a good thing in my opinion.\

EXACTLY! :hi5:

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Folks, Pat is a great insider, but he knows nothing more then you and me. His insight is welcomed on this board, but let's not forget that he only knows what is out there in regards to information.

I don't necessarily agree with that.

He may have heard more than you or I, he may have heard things from people who would know. I just think that no one knows since none of us write the Bills checks, or writes their contract offers.

Commissioner

I don't think it's about making him look clueless.... it's about Cowher saying... don't bring this up...

There's tons of speculation ... and the Bills owner even mentioned talking to Cowher... why wouldn't he bring that up if Cowher hadn't said anything?

hydro
He's not a moron when it comes to Cowher.

He's sitting freegin 10 feet away from him MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets Mort and SChefter get 10 feet from Cowher
All this screams is Pat sweating because of his billboard going up tomorrow. You aren't thinking rationally right now.

Ever think seeing as he is 10 feet from him he didn't want himself mentioned? Because that then brings up the discussion and he has to start deflecting?

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:27 AM
He's supposed to be the CBS "insider", unlike Scheft or Jay Glazer he's sitting 10 feet away from Cowher, he's asked about BIlls candidates and he doesnt even mention Cowher?

How stupid would Casserly look if Cowher is the Bills next head coach?

X-Era
It was quite strange. Casserly said "they interviewed Fewell, they intereviewed Frazier, they want to interview some other guys like Grimm and Harbaugh, so we'll see what happens" something to that effect, without mentioning that Cowher met with the Bills or Ralph's AP story the other day where he confirmed there were discussions. Completely glossed over. And it was in a segment where Cowher, Marino, Esiason, and Sharpe weren't even in the picture.

Exactly. He didnt touch it.

Michael82

Of course they are going to bring it up! The Bills have the ONLY open job in the NFL. There's no way they wouldn't bring it up. But Cowher probably said before the show that he wants no mention of his name, because he's still debating it and has NOT said no.

Commissioner
01-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I think it's pretty safe to say that Cowher won't address it during the rest of this show right after his colleague ignored the possibility. Gun to my head -- he's not coming here.
I can totally get on board with Jim Harbaugh though. It would be a whole new direction. That guy is a winner.

Even worse that getting a coordinator with no head coaching experience... is getting a young college head coach with no nfl coaching experience.

patmoran2006
PATRICK MORAN WANTS BILL COWHER AS THE NEXT BILLS HEAD COACH!!!

Maybe I am being overly guarded.

hydro
Of course they are going to bring it up! The Bills have the ONLY open job in the NFL. There's no way they wouldn't bring it up. But Cowher probably said before the show that he wants no mention of his name, because he's still debating it and has NOT said no.

EXACTLY!!!

I am not convinced at all the Cowher ends up here. But to think that this is a bad sign is just ridiculous.

Canadian'eh!

No... you forget how short peoples memories are. CBS would have no problem addressing the coaching situation and not even mentioning Cowher. Just talk about all the other possibilities. If Cowher takes the job, they'd just let Charlie explain it that he didn't say anything because he as asked not to by COwher and as a coworker he owed him that, but he knew it all along it was possible.

Or more likely they'll never mention it again. 100% of all people making guesses about who our next coach is going to be will not go back after the fact and talk about how way off they were. But everyone who gets it right will talk about how they knew it and had the inside scoop from the get go.

Anything said on the pregame show, other than a resounding NO is meaningless.

Commissioner
01-10-2010, 11:29 AM
He's supposed to be the CBS "insider", unlike Scheft or Jay Glazer he's sitting 10 feet away from Cowher, he's asked about BIlls candidates and he doesnt even mention Cowher?

How stupid is everyone going to look in the national media?

Canadian'eh!

Or he has said no, but doesn't want to ruin the only leverage he has against other team in terms of a contract?

X-Era

You mean if he never said anything about it and it happened? I dont know how you look stupid when you never mentioned it. It only means he never PUBLICLY mentioned Cowher to the Bills, it doesnt mean he didnt know anything.

DBrown77
01-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I have never felt more confident that Cowher is NOT coming to Buffalo now.

It sucks, but guys lets get realistic and stop looking into things too much. Geez people are tracking planes and trying to say its related.

Lets be realistic. Not ONE credible source has mentioned Cowher to Buffalo. We just need to move on and stop living a pipe deam

Commissioner
But Cowher probably said before the show that he wants no mention of his name, because he's still debating it and has NOT said no.

Exactly... if he had told the Bills NO.... i think he would have no problem addressing the speculation.

Michael82

He wouldn't look stupid. Not if Cowher told him not to mention his name. Besides...if he was the CBS insider, why wouldn't he ask about the offer on the table from the Buffalo Bills? Why? Because Cowher is still trying to make a decision and has NOT said no yet. He just doesn't want to talk about it. If they brought up his name, it would have opened a can of worms and the hosts would have been forced to talk about it with him....

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
Remember Cowher is employed by CBS so they are not going to mention Cowher as a possibility imo

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:31 AM

I only think that Casserly not mentioning Cowher at all doesnt do anything to confirm or deny Cowher to the Bills.

Its basically a "no comment", and with him sitting in the background, that makes a ton of sense.

patmoran2006
I reserve the right.. to always be right.

Ahhh, Bills fans keeping me grounded. This board is great therapy

Commissioner
Or he has said no, but doesn't want to ruin the only leverage he has against other team in terms of a contract?

If he told the Bills no... what kind of leverage would he have?

You think he's gonna go into contract negotiations and make up a fictional number?

Normally he would show them an actual contract offer...

BuffaloBru
01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
He wouldn't look stupid. Not if Cowher told him not to mention his name. Besides...if he was the CBS insider, why wouldn't he ask about the offer on the table from the Buffalo Bills? Why? Because Cowher is still trying to make a decision and has NOT said no yet. He just doesn't want to talk about it. If they brought up his name, it would have opened a can of worms and the hosts would have been forced to talk about it with him....

I agree, if he said his name, Marino and Sharpe would question Cowher about it which is the last thing he appears to want right now

cwkbills
Bill told Casserly not to mention his name. Then IF and only IF Cowher decides to become head coach of the Bills guess who will break the story.........Casserly!

X-Era

It sucks, but guys lets get realistic and stop looking into things too much. Geez people are tracking planes and trying to say its related.

Lets be realistic. Not ONE credible source has mentioned Cowher to Buffalo. We just need to move on and stop living a pipe deam

Ralph Wilson isn't credible? Ok, I just chuckled a bit... you know what I meant.

YardRat

Everybody should know how I feel about the possibility of Cowher coming to Buffalo right from the beginning, but just to play devil's advocate...

CBS could cover their asses at a later time by simple coming out and saying "Yeah, we (and Charlie) knew Cowher was in the mix, but out of respect for Bill we intentionally left him out of the report because negotiations were still in progress and he hadn't made up his mind yet."

The absolute worst thing they could have done, IMO, is tag Cowher's name to the job because then all hell would've broke loose with the other dip****s on the panel.

Michael82
Remember Cowher is employed by CBS so they are not going to mention Cowher as a possibility imo

Exactly! They don't want to make Cowher uncomfortable.

Commissioner

I feel no different than i did 10 minutes ago....

Did you think Cowher was going to accept the Bills job on the air?

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I'd love Cowher here as much as the next person, but I have to use logic and logic is dictating that it isn't happening. My concerns are now directly squarely at the fact that I don't think the Bills are competent enough to hire the right HC...whether it's a coordinator, current college HC or whatever...I have zero faith they know what they're doing.

mikemac2001
01-10-2010, 11:33 AM
this is fine it was obvious they didn't want to mention his name

which is better then having cowher say no

i think it gets done by the week with the cowboys winning

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Ralph Wilson isn't credible? Ok, I just chuckled a bit... you know what I meant.

Ralph Wilson said nothing about Cowher other than confirming that the two sides have talked. That's it and nothing more. And i f you read his comments his "splashy coach" comment isnt very encouraging.

Having said that, its time to step back and just let things play out.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 11:36 AM
what drives me crazy is Cowher's complete and utter refusal to acknowledge the bills in any way shape or form.

Its like the word Buffalo on his lips would cause boils or something

Just efen ACKNOWLEDGE WE EXIST for gawds sake!

Buddo
01-10-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm on the 'no news is good news' side here, especially if Cowher is saying nothing about definitely being back with CBS for next year, as well.
Generally speaking, the Bills don't like doing their business 'in public', and I'd guess that Cowher is cut from the same cloth.
Something else that could be a reason why the chin isn't getting goaded, is that CBS probably would still like to have him as part of their team for next year, and winding him up, isn't going to be the best way to achieve that, so they are taking a 'hands off' approach.

Mr. Pink
01-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Still another 20 minutes to go!

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Everybody should know how I feel about the possibility of Cowher coming to Buffalo right from the beginning, but just to play devil's advocate...

CBS could cover their asses at a later time by simple coming out and saying "Yeah, we (and Charlie) knew Cowher was in the mix, but out of respect for Bill we intentionally left him out of the report because negotiations were still in progress and he hadn't made up his mind yet."

The absolute worst thing they could have done, IMO, is tag Cowher's name to the job because then all hell would've broke loose with the other dip****s on the panel.

Exactly, I see no reason anyone would want to touch Cowher to Buffalo with a ten foot pole due to the mess it would/could cause for the cast and Cowher.

You just dont talk about it.

The flip side is, you could probably get away with talking about other options for Buffalo without mentioning him. Its basically a no comment on Cowher.

They also didnt address the Buffalo situation to the whole cast, only to Casserly with the cast off screen. Thats another smart move if a guy thats involved is in the cast.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 11:39 AM
:rofl: at 114 posts in just over an hour-and-a-half.....about a pre-game show.

trapezeus
let's look at what is happening.

1. only pro cowher to buffalo stories come from little known, hard to rely on smaller players. that doesn't make them not have some information, but how do the large guys not get to the same level of contacts.

2. big guys all say, no on cowher. they could be hating, but i think we think that because we have a complex. in truth, i think they aren't spending much time on buffalo because it isn't really much of a ratings boon. So they may not be doing their due diligence, but from their quick glance over, they are hearing no.

3. cowher won't say anything on air....which is odd. I wish if he wasn't looking at buffalo, he just would say, "i'm not coaching this year." it could be because he is in contact with the bills, or it could be that he seriously doesn't want to say anything about it until the end of the season.

logic is leading me to think that the bills neverhad a shot at this. I wanted to believe so badly, but the longer this takes, the more likely he isn't coming.

Michael82
Hmmm....what Cowher said about Carroll made me believe what we've already heard...he definitely wants to come back to coaching in the NFL again. Let's just hope that it is us. :pray:

El Guapo
01-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Just talked about Shanny to Redskins and Carroll to Seahawks. No mention of the Bills

Commissioner
It is so F'N obvious... that Cowher said don't bring me up... they just had another coaching segment with Cowher sitting right there... and didn't even bring up BUFFALO!!!

No news is good news to me.

Canadian'eh!
If he told the Bills no... what kind of leverage would he have?

You think he's gonna go into contract negotiations and make up a fictional number?

Normally he would show them an actual contract offer...

Sorry.. not that he has SAID NO, but rather he has NO real intention of taking the job, but is not saying NO in order to KEEP the leverage there.

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Ralph Wilson said nothing about Cowher other than confirming that the two sides have talked. That's it and nothing more. And i f you read his comments his "splashy coach" comment isnt very encouraging.

Dont know how to read his comment. He could be simply getting impatient. Isnt it at all interesting that the owner for the Bills said they have talked and during a discussion on the Bills HC search, they never even mentioned that? Its news worthy, its out there, your talking about the Bills, and they didnt even touch it.

Having said that, its time to step back and just let things play out.

Relaxing on this wont hurt anyone, I agree. Its tough though.

jmb1099
01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Did Cohwer just drop a hint when talking about Carroll needing a challenge? He said he completely understood where Carroll was coming from regarding needing a challenge and going to Seattle to find it...

El Guapo
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry.. not that he has SAID NO, but rather he has NO real intention of taking the job, but is not saying NO in order to KEEP the leverage there.

I could see that being the case. But, what is he using the leverage on? No jobs open.

Michael82
Did Cohwer just drop a hint when talking about Carroll needing a challenge? He said he completely understood where Carroll was coming from regarding needing a challenge and going to Seattle to find it...

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing.

Commissioner
Dont know how to read his comment. He could be simply getting impatient. Isnt it at all interesting that the owner for the Bills said they have talked and during a discussion on the Bills HC search, they never even mentioned that? Its news worthy, its out there, your talking about the Bills, and they didnt even touch it.

Relaxing on this wont hurt anyone, I agree. Its tough though.
Especially when the high profile guy the owner was talking about is sitting right in the room.

alohabillsfan
01-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I just want to find out today, I'm used to being disappointed on Sunday!

Canadian'eh!
Sooo... we are basically EXACTLY where we were before huh... lol

X-Era
:rofl: at 114 posts in just over an hour-and-a-half.....about a pre-game show.

a) Were crazy fans
b) I think it just talks to how big Cowher to the Bills would be

patmoran2006
Does Scheft say something like this knowing he'll get murdered if he doesnt already know?

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
I love Buffalo, tremendous fans, and don't mean to disappoint. But Bill Cowher will not wind up as the Bills coach this season.

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:44 AM

Damn, I missed it. God less PVR's!

BigZ
01-10-2010, 11:45 AM

Pat, I've got to disagree with you on this one. CBS can always say that they couldn't divulge or say anything about Cowher because of his status with them and because it would put the whole show in a bad position. Companies regularly leave guys on a limb and Casserly may know what they're doing.

I don't think saying or not saying means anything exept the fact that nothing is official. Besides, the only people who gave a crap about the Bills HC opening are the Bills fans. When have any of the networks given a crap about what we wanted????

Mathja
I do think CBS is being a little irresponsible here as a favor to Cowher. For god sakes, the owner of the Buffalo Bills admitted this week that they talked with Bill Cowher. He also insinuated that they're waiting for him to decide.
How on earth can they not address that when talking about the search for a coach in Buffalo?
You can't pretend that there was no contact when the owner of the team says there was.
The more I think of it, Cowher has not removed himself from consideration -- he would have allowed Casserly to eliminate him if he was really out of the picture.

X-Era
Does Scheft say something like this knowing he'll get murdered if he doesnt already know?

I love Buffalo, tremendous fans, and don't mean to disappoint. But Bill Cowher will not wind up as the Bills coach this season.

Hes probably got sources that say it wont happen. That would be speculation since only the Bills and Cowher know and neither is telling us the final answer.

elltrain22
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM

well, until I hear from him, that this isn't happening, I still will hang on to my hope.

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I do think CBS is being a little irresponsible here as a favor to Cowher. For god sakes, the owner of the Buffalo Bills admitted this week that they talked with Bill Cowher. He also insinuated that they're waiting for him to decide.
How on earth can they not address that when talking about the search for a coach in Buffalo?
You can't pretend that there was no contact when the owner of the team says there was.
The more I think of it, Cowher has not removed himself from consideration -- he would have allowed Casserly to eliminate him if he was really out of the picture.

Another plausible thought. But I wouldnt do that because its uncomfortable for everyone when hes sitting right there. No comment was the right thing to do, the more I think of it.

trapezeus
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM

these are the real heartbreakers right now.

we are just guessing that a contract has been offered. we are just guessing that the rumors that they met was meaningful.

ralph saying, "why don't you ask cowher" doesn't mean anything really

this whole thing gets more depressing by the minute.

HAMMER
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Keep dreaming fellow Bills fans.

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Keep dreaming fellow Bills fans.

until the day we hire a coordinator and continue on our sucking ways

I'm not giving up because this is my last hope. Without Cowher or someone ranked pretty high on the HC tree I'm pretty much stepping back my fandom...

and that's a day I never thought could happen but it will. So no Cowher or similiar means extreme dissapointment and i will just be reduced to fair weather fan.. In other words I will rejoin the Bills fans when we prove were a SB contender and until then just a guy who peaks at the stats to see how they did

Commissioner
01-10-2010, 12:07 PM
With the credibility problem this organization has... we are just gonna have to get lucky with some coordinator as coach....

Canadian'eh!
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
I could see that being the case. But, what is he using the leverage on? No jobs open.

Carolina is up in the air. Some other teams seem to be still mulling their options as well. There may still be a few things that shake out. BUt that is exactly why he wouldn't say no to the 1 opening that seems to really want him.

(side note... 7 mill a year for Carroll? WHy not throw that at Cowher instead? )

Mr. Pink
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Sadly here is the realistic hope...

Ralph sells the team to someone who has more of a commitment to win football games. That someone instead of making money by bolting to LA, for example, keeps the team here.

Or Ralphie's estate sells the team to someone who wants to keep the team here.

This is what we're now reduced to and I firmly believe that the Bills won't be relevant again til that occurs.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 12:10 PM
so we learned nothing other then cowher will not say the word buffalo

Mathja
01-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Another plausible thought. But I wouldnt do that because its uncomfortable for everyone when hes sitting right there. No comment was the right thing to do, the more I think of it.

But again, when talking about this coaching search, how do you completely ignore that one of the guys sitting in the same studio spoke with that team? Even last week they sort of joked about it and at least acknowledged it.

I'm not saying it means something one way or another in terms of if Cowher is or would come to Buffalo. I'm just sort of questioning how CBS handled that segment.

Canadian'eh!
01-10-2010, 12:12 PM

Sounds to me like he DOES already know.

Schefter has a history of being pretty right about stuff like this.

That's not an ambiguous statement. He definitely seems sure about this. I'm inclined to take that as the biggest indicator of all.

HAMMER
01-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Sadly here is the realistic hope...

Ralph sells the team to someone who has more of a commitment to win football games. That someone instead of making money by bolting to LA, for example, keeps the team here.

Or Ralphie's estate sells the team to someone who wants to keep the team here.

This is what we're now reduced to and I firmly believe that the Bills won't be relevant again til that occurs.

You are correct, as long as Wilson is here the Bills will likely remain status "suck". He is the black eye that established NFL people can not look past, his reputation precedes him.

Zero
01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Sounds to me like he DOES already know.

Schefter has a history of being pretty right about stuff like this.

That's not an ambiguous statement. He definitely seems sure about this. I'm inclined to take that as the biggest indicator of all.

I know most of us are hopeless optimists but this about ends any hope of Cowher to Buffalo. No one would hang their reputation on the line by stating something so adamantly. Schefter has always maintained this stance throught this saga.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I know most of us are hopeless optimists but this about ends any hope of Cowher to Buffalo. No one would hang their reputation on the line by stating something so adamantly. Schefter has always maintained this stance throught this saga.

He did the same thing with Favre, and he was wrong.

X-Era
01-10-2010, 12:40 PM
But again, when talking about this coaching search, how do you completely ignore that one of the guys sitting in the same studio spoke with that team? Even last week they sort of joked about it and at least acknowledged it.

I'm not saying it means something one way or another in terms of if Cowher is or would come to Buffalo. I'm just sort of questioning how CBS handled that segment.

Probably tough for them, they probably had to juggle whether to talk about it or not, and what they should say or shouldn't.