PDA

View Full Version : Per Scheft, Fox unwilling to come to Buffalo

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Washington didn't provide it, Cleveland never opened, Buffalo still is searching for a new head coach and Fox appears unwilling to go there, and Seattle is destined to hire Pete Carroll.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4813290

New Ro's Greatest
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
lol this is starting to really piss me off now. Now Fox wouldn't come to Buffalo? Obviously the Panthers are trying to get rid of him. GO BILLS:bringit:

Michael82
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
:rofl: Thanks again Ralph Wilson! If we can't get Cowher, you better offer a bunch of money to Billick. At least he WANTS to be here. :mad:

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Schefter is full of it...I'm sure the Bills haven't even approached him with an offer to discuss the position. Schefter is quickly becoming an arrogant *****...and that's too bad because when he was at NFL Network, he was one of my favorite reporters.

sillenb61
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Why would he be willing to go to cleveland if it has an opening and not buffalo, if you ask me top to bottom buffalo has more young talent to work with a good running back future pro bowl safety and futur shutdown corner!! Am i missing something?

Mudflap1
01-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I was just about to post this. Makes me wonder if there are shenanigans going on behind the scenes. It says this Fox info came about last month. So Cowher has known this all along. Maybe he or someone tried to get Fox to go to Buffalo "hey, they have an opening and are hell bent on getting a good coach" and Fox said "no way" like everyone else with any credibility has.

Looks to me like Cowher is a real long shot at this point. He probably got his deal structured with the Bills as a contingency plan in case the Carolina job (or anything else) falls through.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
Maybe Fox knows we already locked up Cowher

New Ro's Greatest
Schefter is full of it...I'm sure the Bills haven't even approached him with an offer to discuss the position. Schefter is quickly becoming an arrogant *****...and that's too bad because when he was at NFL Network, he was one of my favorite reporters.

Post of the day! GO BILLS:D:

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
:rofl: Thanks again Ralph Wilson! If we can't get Cowher, you better offer a bunch of money to Billick. At least he WANTS to be here. :mad:

Anybody who thinks that Ralph's CHEAPNESS is not a HUGE factor in people not coming here are absolutely dillusional. Ralph IS THE REASON that we can't get anybody to come here and his hiring of Nix just added difficulty to the hiring process. Nix is a puppet for Ralph and it is slowly coming out that many in the NFL feel the same

Ingtar33
01-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Washington didn't provide it, Cleveland never opened, Buffalo still is searching for a new head coach and Fox appears unwilling to go there, and Seattle is destined to hire Pete Carroll.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4813290

of course he doesn't. the Bills HC job is the 2nd most unwanted HC job in the league behind only Oakland.

Oakland has to beg unqualified teenage coordinators and decade long retired coaches to coach there.

we're not quite that bad but it seems pretty clear we're not a job any high profile coach wants.

Michael82
01-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Maybe Fox knows we already locked up Cowher

I was thinking the same thing...

YardRat
01-10-2010, 11:19 AM
So apparently Schefter has a source that can confirm that the Bills requested and were granted permission to talk to or about Fox? Otherwise it would be tampering.

elltrain22
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
According to Schaeffter, nobody wants to come to Buffalo, and every coach, ast. coach, player, and fan does not want to come to Buffalo. What a little terd.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Yea i agree with you too. It seems that everytime a rumor goes out that we are looking at a big name coach such as Billick or Cowher, Scheftner always has to be the buzz kill and strike us down with his opinions.

Mudflap1
01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
This means one of two things (one good, one bad):

1. Cowher is using the Bills as a stalking horse, and really wants Carolina, or somewhere else. He has been stalling with the Bills because he knows Carolina could be in play if Fox gets a better deal somewhere else. Cowher may even have said to Fox "Hey, Buffalo would hire you" and Fox said "heck no".

2. Fox knows Cowher is serious about Buffalo, but would not go there if Carolina's job was open. Nevertheless, Fox doesn't want to step on Cowher's toes at Buffalo by bidding his services for the same job while Cowher is working on a deal with Buffalo.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 11:35 AM

1. Cowher is using the Bills as a stalking horse, and really wants Carolina, or somewhere else. He has been stalling with the Bills because he knows Carolina could be in play if Fox gets a better deal somewhere else. Cowher may even have said to Fox "Hey, Buffalo would hire you" and Fox said "heck no".

2. Fox knows Cowher is serious about Buffalo, but would not go there if Carolina's job was open. Nevertheless, Fox doesn't want to step on Cowher's toes at Buffalo by bidding his services for the same job while Cowher is working on a deal with Buffalo.

#1 for the win.

Nublar7
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Schefter said this on ESPN this morning "Will Cowher go to Buffalo? I have a better chance of being the Bills coach then Bill Cowher."

Night Train
01-10-2010, 01:00 PM
of course he doesn't. the Bills HC job is the 2nd most unwanted HC job in the league behind only Oakland.

Oakland has to beg unqualified teenage coordinators and decade long retired coaches to coach there.

we're not quite that bad but it seems pretty clear we're not a job any high profile coach wants.

According to Ralph, it's mostly "luck" anyhow. :rolleyes:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Hell, I'm not so sure I want to go to Buffalo anymore after reading and hearing all the crap piled on by the nat press

SquishDaFish
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Schefter said this on ESPN this morning "Will Cowher go to Buffalo? I have a better chance of being the Bills coach then Bill Cowher."
Already been posted. Try reading before posting

TacklingDummy
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
When John Fox is already a head coach of a team I doubt he's going to say he would coach somewhere else. Not really surprising. Kind of common sense.

McBFLO
01-10-2010, 02:26 PM

Or..... he has no info on the situation and is basing this solely on his opinion, like the rest of the ESPN hacks all do. At least with the guys there that break news. Think about it. Mort, Clayton, and now Schefter. All you hear from any of them is negative spin about Buffalo's chances for this or that, and they never base it on info they've received from sources. You never hear them say, "According to sources close to Cowher...."

BADTHINGSMAN
01-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Why would he be willing to go to cleveland if it has an opening and not buffalo, if you ask me top to bottom buffalo has more young talent to work with a good running back future pro bowl safety and futur shutdown corner!! Am i missing something?

Browns are not rumored to be moving, The Browns have Holmgren in charge. The Browns dont have a 91yo owner.

Nublar7
01-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Already been posted. Try reading before postingOuch, some one is a little moody. :lol:

NOT THE DUDE...
01-10-2010, 03:26 PM
i think someone needs to find out where schefter lives and teepee his house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Now as I told you guys a million times, THIS I DO BELIEVE

Jay_Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer)
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
panthers HC John Fox told me that barring something crazy from developing, he will be the HC of Carolina next season

NOT THE DUDE...
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Ouch, some one is a little moody. :lol:

edited for ToS violation.

Ebenezer
01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Now as I told you guys a million times, THIS I DO BELIEVE

Jay_Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer)
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
panthers HC John Fox told me that barring something crazy from developing, he will be the HC of Carolina next season
and again, when did Glazer first "predict" this?? Today?? If so, he's a week late and was beaten by two local radio guys in Charlotte.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Ouch, some one is a little moody. :lol:

Nice sig/catch phrase.

Did you guys steal that from Richard Simmons or Nathan Lane??

Demon
01-10-2010, 08:49 PM
According to Schaeffter, nobody wants to come to Buffalo, and every coach, ast. coach, player, and fan does not want to come to Buffalo. What a little terd.

well so far, Owens and Spikes are the only good free agents we've signed in the past decade, and Owens was unwanted by anyone, no GM wanted to even interview and tons of coaches, proven and unproven has said no thanks. So, what exactly does Schefter say that makes him a "terd"?

DMBcrew36
01-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I didn't realize we even wanted Fox. Why is Shefter reporting on coaches who have no connection to the Bills coaching job?

It'd be a shame if Shefter actually had to get a REAL job, instead of just rumor-mongering and jerking off to football all day like he does now.

I hope we get Cowher now, just so Shefter gets bombarded by people asking him why he said all this **** about Buffalo having no chance at anyone. It'll also show that he is full of **** to some degree.

Thief
01-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey, buffalos never came to Buffalo either, but that didn't stop them from naming the city after the raging beast.