PDA

View Full Version : Scheft 100 percent covinced Cowher isnt coming to Buffalo

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)
I love Buffalo, tremendous fans, and don't mean to disappoint. But Bill Cowher will not wind up as the Bills coach this season.

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
yeah he just said on espn he has a better chance of coaching the bills than cowher

Michael82
01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I still want to know why the hell Bill Cowher refuses to give us a no. Why would he do what he did last year with the Jets? Tell your lawyer to tell the Bills that you are NOT interested. WTF! Quit dragging us along if u have no interest. I refuse to believe that Cowher isn't even a tiny bit intrigued by the thought of coaching for the Buffalo Bills.

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:45 AM
LOL adam raised the wrath of Joe Logan
LoganInEA (http://twitter.com/LoganInEA)
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
@Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter) You love Buffalo? You said "I don't see him leaving for three years then returning to come to Buffalo" What do you mean?

YardRat
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Waiting...on...Carolina...

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM
yeah he just said on espn he has a better chance of coaching the bills than cowher

Did he really say that?

Saratoga Slim
01-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Whatever. I think that if Cowher were 100% out, he'd let the Bills know.

hydro
01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
So essentially Sheft is putting his name on the line. If somehow it happened he would look like a total fool. This just isn't happening...

Michael82
Waiting...on...Carolina...

I kinda hope that Carolina finally gives in and fires Fox and then promotes one of the coordinators. That would shut down that job!

Mr. Pink
To play devils advocate...

Cowher may have told Buffalo no already it just hasn't been published or leaked OR he's just using Buffalo to leverage Carolina if that job opens.

It would explain why Casserly didn't bring him up and nothing at all has been said on today's pregame show.

It would also explain why we've been hearing Frazier impressed the brass and that they like him.

ddaryl
then I want a definte no fomr Cowher

I mean if this is the reality then Just turn us down already...

What could possibly be the reason for not getting a defintie answer from the man himself if it such a done deal already

Michael82
01-10-2010, 11:50 AM

What could possibly be the reason for not getting a defintie answer from the man himself if it such a done deal already

EXACTLY!

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:50 AM
So essentially Sheft is putting his name on the line. If somehow it happened he would look like a total fool. This just isn't happening...

Exactly..
He could've said "not likely" even "almost impossible" and still been able to save some face.

But to say it with that much conviction, knowing the consequence of being wrong. HE knows something for sure.

X-Era
01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Exactly..
He could've said "not likely" even "almost impossible" and still been able to save some face.

But to say it with that much conviction, knowing the consequence of being wrong. HE knows something for sure.

I think he believes what hes heard. I don't think he knows.

I do agree, however, that hes got real conviction that it isn't happening.

Philagape
01-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Cowher doesn't owe Bills fans one word.

It's Bills fans who need to stop getting their hopes up because of the Joe Logans and brothers-in-law and flight schedules and internet posters named X.
I'm guilty of some of it myself, but sooner or later reality has to sink in.

JJamezz
01-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Cowher and the Bills are WELL aware of the absolute frenzy that this has stirred up.. If it's a done deal that he's NOT coming here, show a little respect and stop stringing us along.

If this all shakes out and ends up being true, I think that may anger me more than anything.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 11:54 AM

Leverage against Carolina.

Despite my stance, I'm actually starting to want to root for this to happen, just to slap egg on some stupid **** talking head's faces.

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Did he really say that?

yep, said its not happening no way

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I think he believes what hes heard. I don't think he knows.

I do agree, however, that hes got real conviction that it isn't happening.

It's time to wake up. The Bills were interested, fans are craving him, it is what it is.

But he's not coming here.

Besdies Adam Schefter, Mike Lombardi said the same exact thing today "It's not Bill Cowher"

I quoted two sources in a report yesterday.

“All my Cowher sources say no way”. The same source said, but also admitted there’s so much conflicting information out there they could be wrong.

I’ve spoken to another source in the past 24 hours. While acknowledging he didn’t have direct insight, he said he knows a pool of reporters and “to a man, they say the odds are infinitesimal.”

Perhaps most telling is Wilson's words himself. This isnt telling???

“We don’t want to rush into hiring a coach just to be hiring somebody quick,” Wilson told the AP Friday. “We don’t want to hire a coach with a splashy name.”

Mudflap1
01-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I still want to know why the hell Bill Cowher refuses to give us a no. Why would he do what he did last year with the Jets? Tell your lawyer to tell the Bills that you are NOT interested. WTF! Quit dragging us along if u have no interest. I refuse to believe that Cowher isn't even a tiny bit intrigued by the thought of coaching for the Buffalo Bills.

Stalking horse. Like we were with Mike Shanahan.

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Deserved or not, I dont think you have a real understanding of how bad Buffalo is perceived around the rest of the NFL in circles for the way they do things.

Mathja
01-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Pat,
please don't take this the wrong way, just trying to get a sense of what's going on....are your sources other people in the media, or are they people that actually work for the Buffalo Bills or are associated with them in a non-media capacity?

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Pat,
please don't take this the wrong way, just trying to get a sense of what's going on....are your sources other people in the media, or are they people that actually work for the Buffalo Bills or are associated with them in a non-media capacity?

Both sources I quoted yesterday are in the media, yes. And both are in the national media, not local guys.

One is someone you could call an "insider". THe other is someone who is not an insider but works with several of them.

Of course, ANYBODY can call themselves an insider if they want too.

Both sources are solid.. Doesnt mean they're right.. But they're solid sources

Michael82
01-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Cowher and the Bills are WELL aware of the absolute frenzy that this has stirred up.. If it's a done deal that he's NOT coming here, show a little respect and stop stringing us along.

If this all shakes out and ends up being true, I think that may anger me more than anything.

I completely agree! If this all falls thru, I will be more pissed than ever at both the Bills and Cowher.

BILLSROCK1212
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Deserved or not, I dont think you have a real understanding of how bad Buffalo is perceived around the rest of the NFL in circles for the way they do things.
so basically what you're saying is the things Sal said a few weeks back are completely inaccurate??

Mathja
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Both sources I quoted yesterday are in the media, yes. And both are in the national media, not local guys.

One is someone you could call an "insider". THe other is someone who is not an insider but works with several of them.

Of course, ANYBODY can call themselves an insider if they want too.

Both sources are solid.. Doesnt mean they're right.. But they're solid sources

thanks for actually answering that very honestly. again, not to be a jerk, but you can consider that 2nd hand information. So, now you're relying on your source's source to have the story right.

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
thanks for actually answering that very honestly. again, not to be a jerk, but you can consider that 2nd hand information. So, now you're relying on your source's source to have the story right.

I dont want to be right.

My name is the "figurehead" of this billboard campaign. I want Cowher to Buffalo speculation to PICK UP STEAM, not lose it.

The last thing I want to do is report about sources telling me there's no way Cowher is coming here.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 12:10 PM
We all need to enter a Bill Cowher Anonymous

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I dont want to be right.

My name is the "figurehead" of this billboard campaign. I want Cowher to Buffalo speculation to PICK UP STEAM, not lose it.

The last thing I want to do is report about sources telling me there's no way Cowher is coming here.

Change the billboard to "Ralph, why can't we sign a winner?"

Ingtar33
01-10-2010, 12:12 PM

this i can verify as true.

Generally speaking the Bills are not viewed favorably by either players or management around the league. It's viewed mostly as a 3rd class organization along the same lines as the Bengals, Lions or Raiders.

Generally the players feel our facilities suck and the city is boring.

Management/coaches feel our owner is cheap and our scouting department sucks.

both things sabotage us badly.

I think the most unbelievable thing Sal said in the past few weeks is that the Bills are viewed as a "well run" organization. I've not heard anyone praise how the Bills are run since Donahoe left town. And even when Donahoe was here there was rumblings about how poor we were run.

Ebenezer
01-10-2010, 12:14 PM

Generally speaking the Bills are not viewed favorably by either players or management around the league. It's viewed mostly as a 3rd class organization along the same lines as the Bengals, Lions or Raiders.

I think the most unbelievable thing Sal said in the past few weeks is that the Bills are viewed as a "well run" organization. I've not heard anyone praise how the Bills are run since Donahoe left town. And even when Donahoe was here there was rumblings about how poor we were run.
and we can all blame our beloved Hall of Fame owner...[sic]

Ralph Wilson.

DBrown77
01-10-2010, 12:18 PM
give it up people.....its over

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Well I hope the Ralph is a ghost town in 2010. I have not bought season tix since the Williams era.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 12:19 PM

how the hell does this jive with Sal's representation that the bills organization is "the most stable of franchises"?

Canadian'eh!
01-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Everything i've EVER heard in the media leads me to agree with this.

The success of the early 90's is a distant memory. Players, coaches all those don't want to come here. No one thinks the Bills are willing to spend enough money to every truly compete without amazing levels of Ralph's LUCK.

Schefter is saying it is NOT HAPPENING. A lot of others are going that way too. I see a lot of dismissal of this on this board. With everyone wanting to live in denial until they hear the words directly from Cowher.

YOu won't get it. You're gonna get someone hired you didn't like and that will be that.

I suggest not torturing yourself over it.

No one really wants the Bills job, even at top money. I gotta go find my fan card.

ChristopherWalken
01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah, this all points to Ralph. Not to be disrespectfully, but this game has past him by.

Stewie
01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
just for the record, the chin has nothing to gain and $$$ to lose by saying no to Buffalo. If he's not interested, it's leverage.

No Cease Fires
01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
how the hell does this jive with Sal's representation that the bills organization is "the most stable of franchises"?

He was talking about the ownership situation, what will happen when Ralph passes...not the day-to-day running of the organization.