X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Why???

I'm shell shocked right now. I can't convince myself any longer that this is a possibility. Schaeffter wouldn't put his name on the line if he didn't know for sure. Bottom line. For whatever reason, Cowher ain't gonna coach this team, and that sucks so bad. What could've been is such a bitter pill to swallow. We all will never know how much or how little we did to acquire Cowher's services, but I can tell ya, however much we did, other teams that wanna win real bad, and value their fanbase, would've made this friggen thing happen. Period. Say what ya want about Dan Snyder & Jerry Jones, they get it. They hear there fanbase. They spend their money, and try to help there team compete. We seem to be perpetually happy w/ mediocrity. The only thing that stands out about this franchise are its fans. That we put up w/ this crap, that we put up w/ hopes, promises, that ultimately mean jack crap!!

I'm tellin ya, if we hire Leslie Frazier, I'm gonna be soooooo sick to my stomach, and guess what, me and 95% of Bills fans will do the same. Nice going to our offseason already Ralph & company. I guess I'll turn my hopes to Brian Billick and/or Marty Schottenhiemer, but I'm inclined to think that its just gonna be more of the same.

I'll root for this team no matter what, no matter what. I'm a Bills fan thru thick and thin, but my optimism seems to be dwindling by the day. Just want to also throw out there thanks to Pat, Sal, and others for always doing there best to find news about this team, even though, it was mostly bad.

I'm waving my white flag on Cowher now, but the dream of him will stain my mind this whole offseason, and probably this upcoming season.

Go Bills
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Why???

We're a third tier team. We should consider ourselves lucky to even get a second tier coach....

No self-respecting winner is ever going to walk the Bills sideline at RWS again.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

again...the other partner has to want to dance...ask yourself honestly -

Would you work for Ralph Wilson?

Examine the 50 year history of RW as an owner and all the things he has done to this team and then answer that question. I have worked for his type and I can honestly say - NEVER AGAIN.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I'm a Bills fan til the day I die to.. BUT I won't support the team finacially until we return to being a SB contender if they short arm this HC search

The Jauron extension was the catalyst for this... We all knew the moment it was official that Jauron would be back 2009 would suck, and I stuck through it and regret the money that was obvioulsy completely wasted. The only thing I got out of this seaosn was sadness, anger, depression, and frustration.

... We have recieved promises from Ralph about change, but everything is looking like more of the same...

But this whole process has made me completely sick to my stomach and I will be in this flux until there is an announcement.
        Last edited by ddaryl; 01-10-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Mathja
          • Feb 2009

The Bills might be a 3rd tier team, but they're not too far away from being as good as the Jets. They beat them once this year and hung with them a 2nd time and a bounce here or there gets them that much closer to a playoff team. The right coach could elevate the team's status.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            again...the other partner has to want to dance...ask yourself honestly -

Would you work for Ralph Wilson?

Examine the 50 year history of RW as an owner and all the things he has done to this team and then answer that question. I have worked for his type and I can honestly say - NEVER AGAIN.

and then ask yourself if no respected HC would come here then obvioulsy no big FA will either

and we will circle the drain with little hope...

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

I definitely hear where you're coming from. But, it could have been something as simple as this: We have a 91 year old owner and the state of this franchise (in Buffalo at least) is potentially unstable (hopefully Sal's report of a succession plan is true!). And, since Cowher already has all the money he could ever dream of, it may be something as simple as not wanting to put his family in a situation like that. Sometimes it is about more than money. Being the eternal optimist, I really want to think that we tried everything we could to get Cowher. It may explain the lack of really any concrete activity in the coaching search for the past week.

Frazier isn't at or near the top of my list either, but if it ends up being him, I'll still support this team and root for them no matter what, as long as they're in Buffalo.

If we can't get Cowher, and if Marty stays retired, then the next one on my list is Grimm. Then Jim Harbaugh.

No matter what happens, the offseason will be pretty exciting with all the changes that will be taking place.
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I have pretty much accepted Cowher is not coming here and we need to move on. I knew the Bills had a bad reputation throughout the league and fell far from their glory days with Kelly but I did not realize how far the organization fell.

I feel like the Bills are like that guy that is in almost every fantasy football league and sucks. People like him in the league because its always an easy victory and never have to worry about him being competitive. It feels like the guy is looking for a partner in the league but no one wants to be partners with him...

Comment

• McBFLO
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  and then ask yourself if no respected HC would come here then obvioulsy no big FA will either

FA is going to play a minor role in the rebuilding of this team anyways. Nix said himself, it's going to be about building thru the draft. That's the way the 90s Bills were built, and the Chargers of this decade. I like the selection of Buddy Nix quite a bit, and I think 2 years from now, we'll see that he was a good choice.
                  Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

daryl for some time many of us have been saying this...we hope against hope that the Bills stay here and that there is a future...it is why i renew my tickets each year. RW doesn't help this team...but I refuse to be a reason why they leave.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

The reason no self-respecting coach is going to come here, is the reason we haven't had one siince 2000:

Ralph trying to stiff Wade on his salary. (Of course the league overruled him)

But its stuff like that, that makes Buffalo an undesirable place to live. Not the taxes, not the weather.....the way people are treated at 1BD.

Comment

Working...
                      X