PDA

View Full Version : Blame game when it's not Cowher...

MikeInRoch
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
People have been pretty vocal about blaming the Bills if Cowher doesn't end up being the next coach here. Is there any actual evidence that the Bills haven't been doing everything possible to lure him here?

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm sure the BIlls have, but if this franchise is so unattractive it is for one reason... It's because the FO and Ralph are a major major problem and our on field problems have little chance of improving if the most respected minds in the game won't give us the time of day

Historian
01-10-2010, 12:29 PM
We should have just kept Jauron.

EEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF am I saying???????????

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 12:32 PM

We be better off with a Carboard cutout of Cowher on the sidelines... :bath:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
People have been pretty vocal about blaming the Bills if Cowher doesn't end up being the next coach here. Is there any actual evidence that the Bills haven't been doing everything possible to lure him here?

Ralph should have thought of that 10 years ago....look how it ended with Wade and then continued to spiral downward. I blame Ralph that we can't get a winner because of how he ran this franchise for the last 10 years. I know one thing, I wouldn't want Russ Brandon's job this season.

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 12:37 PM

Of course it is the Bills fault for the way they run their franchise...sorry, but this is ALL on the Bills organization.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll blame Cowher for using the team as a tool to try to get the job he really wants.

Ingtar33
01-10-2010, 12:38 PM

we're the only people bidding. He wants to coach again.

if we can't get this done then we didn't show him what he wanted. That's pretty pathetic all things considered.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't blame the Bills. It's kind of obvious that Cowher is using the Bills to put pressure on Carolina.

elltrain22
01-10-2010, 01:13 PM
The track record of this franchise suggests, its more than likely us not ponying up

Mr. Pink
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM

At least with Jauron we had a guy who wanted to be here.

I'm actually starting to wonder if we'll get a guy who wants to be here.

How sad is that?

Michael82
01-10-2010, 01:15 PM

if we can't get this done then we didn't show him what he wanted. That's pretty pathetic all things considered.
And I don't think it's money that he wants. It's the ability to spend money on FAs and assistant coaches. Yeah it is pretty ****ing pathetic!

Zero
01-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Ralph should have thought of that 10 years ago....look how it ended with Wade and then continued to spiral downward. I blame Ralph that we can't get a winner because of how he ran this franchise for the last 10 years. I know one thing, I wouldn't want Russ Brandon's job this season.

Blame starts at the top.

Blame Ralph C. Wilson Jr. for....

1) running Bill Polian out of town. The architect of the 90's Buffalo Bills that won 4 consecutive AFC championships and the man most responsible for drafting 3 HOF players and counting. You speak about this man's credentials until you vomit, nuff said.

2) running John Butler out of town, and along with him, AJ Smith- observe what's going in San Diego.

3) refusing to lease out the name of the stadium thereby failing to realize millions of dollars in revenue, making the franchise more economically viable.

4) electing to hire former head coach Marv Levy as the VP of football operations and GM, a man with ZERO experience at the position and 80 years of age. This alone set the franchise back 3-4 years.

5) refusing to bring in a competant GM from OUTSIDE the organization to give the franchise a fresh prospective on how to run a professional football team.

6) essentially running this once proud football team into the proverbial ground by reducing it to a laughing stock. We are the only team in the NFL that plays 7 home games. We have failed to retain talented players (see Pat Williams, Jason Peters) and front office personnel choosing instead to overpay the marginally competant (see Denney, Dockery, Walker).

Just some things off the top of my head. This must be the most unattractive team other than Oakland at the moment. Where this was once a quaint locale similar to Green Bay or even Cleveland. Buffalo has now become the football equivalent of Siberia.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 01:20 PM
The track record of this franchise suggests, its more than likely us not ponying up

Like we didn't pony up for a 'name' WR?
Like we didn't pony up for a 'name' GM?
Like we didn't pony up for a QB, several times?
Like we didn't pony up for offensive linemen?
Like we didn't pony up for a 'name' head coach before?
Like we didn't pony up to keep our own players?

It isn't about strictly 'ponying up' as much as it is who you're 'ponying up' for.

Ralph has spent the money, the people he has trusted with responsibility just haven't helped him spend it wisely.

Historian
01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
He cheaps out on coordinators big time.

In fact, other than stadium security, its probablythe one area where he's actually cost us a SB in the past.

Tom Bresnihan? Walt Corey? please.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Blame starts at the top.

Blame Ralph C. Wilson Jr. for....

1) running Bill Polian out of town. The architect of the 90's Buffalo Bills that won 4 consecutive AFC championships and the man most responsible for drafting 3 HOF players and counting. You speak about this man's credentials until you vomit, nuff said.

2) running John Butler out of town, and along with him, AJ Smith- observe what's going in San Diego.

3) refusing to lease out the name of the stadium thereby failing to realize millions of dollars in revenue, making the franchise more economically viable.

4) electing to hire former head coach Marv Levy as the VP of football operations and GM, a man with ZERO experience at the position and 80 years of age. This alone set the franchise back 3-4 years.

5) refusing to bring in a competant GM from OUTSIDE the organization to give the franchise a fresh prospective on how to run a professional football team.

6) essentially running this once proud football team into the proverbial ground by reducing it to a laughing stock. We are the only team in the NFL that plays 7 home games. We have failed to retain talented players (see Pat Williams, Jason Peters) and front office personnel choosing instead to overpay the marginally competant (see Denney, Dockery, Walker).

Just some things off teh top of my head. This must be the most unattractive team other than Oakland at the moment. Where this was once a quaint locale similar to Green Bay or even Cleveland. Buffalo has now become the football equivalent of Siberia.

1. If Polian hadn't verbally abused Wilson's daughter, he might still be here.
2. Butler spent his way out of here by over-paying marginal players that you ***** about later. Thanks for putting us in cap hell, John.
3. Naming rights is a pittance in WNY...that's like *****ing about not using coupons to buy food for team meals.
4. I actually agree with this one.
5. Tom Donahoe. That went well, didn't it?
6. Show me a team that hasn't lost talented players, or gone bust on a few FA acquisitions. Once again, some (if not all) are the fault of the front office and not Ralph. ***** if he meddles, ***** when he doesn't. Can't have it both ways.

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 01:27 PM

In fact, other than stadium security, its probablythe one area where he's actually cost us a SB in the past.

Exactly...Ralph is cheap...there is no way to spin it.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 01:28 PM

Ted Marchibroda? Corey actually wasn't that bad.

chernobylwraiths
01-10-2010, 01:32 PM

What if he wanted total control of all personnel decisions, draft and a blank check for all coaches and players?

chernobylwraiths
01-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Ted Marchibroda? Corey actually wasn't that bad.

Walt "bend but don't break" Corey wasn't a good DC IMO.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Walt "bend but don't break" Corey wasn't a good DC IMO.

He took a 24th ranked defense and made them #1 in two seasons.

I'll take that from whoever the new guy is.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 01:46 PM

I wouldn't give Corey the credit, all the credit goes to the twizzle stick:couch:

chernobylwraiths
01-10-2010, 01:50 PM

When were we number 1?

The superbowl defenses weren't that good. Part of it was going with an undersized nosetackle.

bigdog72ny
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
polian bad mouthed his daughter because she held a position she didnt deserve.another bad decuision by ralph

Novacane
01-10-2010, 02:11 PM
What if he wanted total control of all personnel decisions, draft and a blank check for all coaches and players?

I'd give it to him. Why should the proven losers that are still here have any control over personnel decisions and draft? They should be unemployed.

Typ0
01-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I think what Clayton says is true about the QBs. Any coach looking for a job wants to be put in a position to succeed. Not having a QB is very detrimental to any coaches success. And while DJ frustrated the heck out of me I think we wouldn't even be in the market for a coach today had we had some decent and consistent QB play. Cowher is looking for a good situation and it's not the snow here that makes this a bad one...

McBFLO
01-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Exactly...Ralph is cheap...there is no way to spin it.
He has been cheap... when it comes to coaching. He's always signed off on the big contracts for players. Unfortunately, more times than not, it was on the wrong player. A blanket statement claiming he is cheap isn't quite true/accurate.

Zero
01-10-2010, 02:49 PM
1. If Polian hadn't verbally abused Wilson's daughter, he might still be here.
2. Butler spent his way out of here by over-paying marginal players that you ***** about later. Thanks for putting us in cap hell, John.
3. Naming rights is a pittance in WNY...that's like *****ing about not using coupons to buy food for team meals.
4. I actually agree with this one.
5. Tom Donahoe. That went well, didn't it?
6. Show me a team that hasn't lost talented players, or gone bust on a few FA acquisitions. Once again, some (if not all) are the fault of the front office and not Ralph. ***** if he meddles, ***** when he doesn't. Can't have it both ways.

1) That rumor has been thrown around for years. Polian being here was the best thing that's happened to the Buffalo Bills since Ralph brought a team to WNY.

2) ***** about salary cap hell all you want at least he knew how to evaluate talent. It took him one year to make the San Diego Chargers respectable again.

3) Revenue is revenue buddy. In corporate america, not maximizing your revenue potential is a crime.

4) Thanks for agreeing on something :)

5) Are you kidding? So refuse to bring in qualified, competant outside personnel because of one bad experience? This logic is flawed , and ensures we continue being mediocre and irrelevant.

Historian
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM
***** if he meddles, ***** when he doesn't. Can't have it both ways.

Unless, as in Ralph's case, he meddled when he shouldn't have, (Rauch, Saban, Knox, Polian, Phillips) and stays hands off when he should have been involved. (Harvey Johnson 1, Harvey Johnson 2, Stew Barber, Jim Ringo, Stevenson/Bullough, Donohoe, Williams, Jauron)

This guy has the opposite of the midas touch.

Everything he touches turns to ****.

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I think I will blame HH... why because his negativity has been the black hole that has sucked the life out of this franchise