PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas quote

T-Long
01-10-2010, 12:41 PM
"I've said it once and I'll say it again...this team needs Bill Cowher."

Via the Thurman Thomas show this week.

With him and Jim in Buddy's ear, I think they are doing everything they can to convince him to come here. Time will tell...

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 12:43 PM

With him and Jim in Buddy's ear, I think they are doing everything they can to convince him to come here. Time will tell...

I hear ya, but then why do they go from pursuing a top-flight HC to going after a coordinator with no HC experience? If they were serious about it, wouldn't they go after all winning coaches with NFL or great college experience? Why go bargain basement hunting if you're so serious about turning this franchise around? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 12:44 PM
t-long, i thought you JUST said you're over it and hes not coming

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 12:45 PM

Their intentions are good but they can not got back ten years and fix what has already happened. It's over. Cowher is not coming and I blame Ralph until proven otherwise.

T-Long
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
t-long, i thought you JUST said you're over it and hes not coming
I did say I was tired of it...just sharing his quote with those who may have missed it. I think the Bills are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him, and if they don't get him, it won't be for lack of trying.

T-Long
01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I hear ya, but then why do they go from pursuing a top-flight HC to going after a coordinator with no HC experience? If they were serious about it, wouldn't they go after all winning coaches with NFL or great college experience? Why go bargain basement hunting if you're so serious about turning this franchise around? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Who do you want them to go after? Billick? He trashed the Bills job on national television!!

Schotty has no interest in coaching anymore, so who knows, they could have asked him to interview and he turned them down.

Who else is out there that you want?

As for college coaches, that info will prob. not leak because it's recruiting season and would be disastrous for a program if that info leaked.

Bargain basement hunting is not going after the top coordinators in the league IMO.

trapezeus
01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
but it will be a result of being pathetic for ten years and not acknowledging that a proper front office is needed to win....this is on ralph

TacklingDummy
01-10-2010, 01:10 PM

Thurman you are wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this team needs a Quarterback. Great teams are built around a Quarterback.

Novacane
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I did say I was tired of it...just sharing his quote with those who may have missed it. I think the Bills are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him, and if they don't get him, it won't be for lack of trying.

I thought that for a while. I was a sucker. Wake up. This never had a chance of happening.

Novacane
01-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Thurman you are wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this team needs a Quarterback. Great teams are built around a Quarterback.

We won't get one of those either. They'll tell us Brohm is the answer

FlyingDutchman
01-10-2010, 01:24 PM
screw Bill Cowher, this team needs marty shottenhiemer

trapezeus
01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
this is a coaches league and coaches need solid qb play. it starts with a good coach and then a qb

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 01:32 PM
i understand it MAY NOT be for a lack of trying... but it WILL BE for a lack of respet that EVERYONE has for this franchise

bigdog72ny
01-10-2010, 02:04 PM
i dont care what billick said about us.he seems to want in has experiance ,can assemble a great staff and gives the bills instant credibility.

Michael82
01-10-2010, 02:09 PM
i dont care what billick said about us.he seems to want in has experiance ,can assemble a great staff and gives the bills instant credibility.
Exactly! I expect an interview this week if the Cowher talk is truly dead.

Novacane
01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Exactly! I expect an interview this week if the Cowher talk is truly dead.

I can't believe they have not interviewed him yet. I was convinced it was because they were concentrating on Cowher but now I don't know. I wonder if they are holding what he said about Bufalo against him?

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I think the Bills are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him, and if they don't get him, it won't be for lack of trying.

Obviously it will be because we didn't include the kitchen sink

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 02:53 PM
screw Bill Cowher, this team needs marty shottenhiemer

Cowher over Marty for the win

but marty is my 2nd choice

Cowher's playoff win % as well as playoff games played is superior to Marty

There regular season success is about equal, however Cowher ***** slaps Marty in the Playoffs department

Nighthawk
01-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I do not understand why the Bills don't go HARD after Marty...he is a great fit for what this team needs.