X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Jimmy Clasuen???

So Jimmy is having surgery and I think he slips a bit in the 1st round.

If you were the BILLS do you draft him at #9????

I say we do...
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Jimmy Clasuen???

Here is the thread you want..

Follow your favorite college teams and pro prospects. Join our crew of draft gurus and follow the NFL Draft here!

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

They had better take him if he is still there, but he won't be.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I'd rather they go in a different direction from QB in round 1 and pick up a QB in the middle rounds.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

We better not go NEAR a QB at #9 and pass on a needed LT, DL or LB McClain of Alabama.

The supposed top QB's are waaaaaaay overrated and many look like Trent in the fragile broken glass dept.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

Mel Kiper Jr released his first mock draft today on espn.com and he has Bills taking Claussen.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Yea huge possibilty
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Obviously.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

You pass on him, he has the highest bust potential of all picks in this draft, and we need a franchise player.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    You pass on him, he has the highest bust potential of all picks in this draft, and we need a franchise player.
                    Why is his bust potential higher than Bradford's or any other QB in this class? Is it simply because Brady Quinn has been disappointing and he also came from Notre Dame? I keep seeing that logic thrown around by fans, which is obviously flawed because by that same logic, no other team should ever draft a QB from Notre Dame in the 1st round ever again.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                      Why is his bust potential higher than Bradford's or any other QB in this class? Is it simply because Brady Quinn has been disappointing and he also came from Notre Dame? I keep seeing that logic thrown around by fans, which is obviously flawed because by that same logic, no other team should ever draft a QB from Notre Dame in the 1st round ever again.

he has a high bust potential because he has a number of "problems" in his game that need to be developed or worked on. Basically he really needs one more year in college to polish his game and is coming out unpolished and unready. (he doesn't look off safeties excepting when he's planning to throw to a pre-snap read, his play action sucks, his throwing motion is slow and low, he's short and plays even smaller then he already is, he throws poorly on the run, he doesn't look left enough, he locks onto his first target too long, he doesn't feel pressure well in the pocket, his footwork is not good...)

People will be drafting him on "potential" not on "reality".

Of the two top QBs... Bradford is far more pro ready now, and doesn't have any real glaring technique problems with his game. the knocks against Bradford are that he played behind a great o-line surrounded by pro-talent and was injury prone. (Well one of those critiques could be leveled at Clausen as he had probably the best receiving corps in the nation to work with.) So people are in general curious to see how Bradford does in workouts before making up their mind on him. If he can throw at a pro level before the draft he'll be no.1 off the board. if he's unable to throw before the draft, he might fall to us, at which point i might have an aneurysm if the Bills skip him. Of all the QBs in this draft Bradford is the only one who looks like he might be a franchise QB and you just don't pass on those.
                      Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

I see no mention of adapting from a spread offense for Bradford, as if it is not even a issue.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                          I see no mention of adapting from a spread offense for Bradford, as if it is not even a issue.

that's because Bradford ran a pro offense, not a florida 1 read option "spread".

He was under center as often as Drew Brees is in NO. people for some reason think Oklahoma runs their whole offense out of a shotgun. they run a lot of I-formation as well.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

Still there isn't an adaption ?

The majority of his passing plays came out of a shot-gun offense. It will take some time.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Without typing out a major monstrosity, Clausen may have had two All-Pro receivers but Bradford has a tight end on par with Antonio Gates along with a Berlin wall for protection. There is a lot to like about Clausen, he can take a hit and shake it off. He puts a lot of juice on his passes, sometimes maybe even too much and not to mention, his offensive line did an awful time protecting him, not to mention that he has had zero help in the running game, topped off by having a defense that never got off the field. Notre Dame should have won more games last year, but don't point the finger at their passing attack, it was not the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X