PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Belichick considering BRIEF retirement

BILLSROCK1212
01-10-2010, 03:28 PM
My sources (I never really had any until recently) have told me that Belichick would consider retirement if the Pats fell short this season and did not seem up to the level they have been in the past. Now the source said he very well could return next year, but with all the money coaches have been making following a brief "retirement" it's certainly something he will consider to do much like his predecessor Bill Parcells did. I'm sure he'll take into account that Parcells never won another championship following his tenure with the Giants, but this should be interesting. My source btw lives in the Boston area working for a well respected news agency.

I'm not turning into a Pat or Coach Sal, but I just thought I'd post this after I heard it. Take it with a grain of salt and we'll see how things play out.

ddaryl
01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Oh sure quit when the team needs him the most.

The team is need of a small rebuild suck it up and rebuild it.. You're Bill ****ing Belicheat for god sakes

BILLSROCK1212
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh sure quit when the team needs him the most.

The team is need of a small rebuild suck it up and rebuild it.. You're Bill ****ing Belicheat for god sakes
that's why I believe he is leaning towards a return especially after the Seymour trade, but the money out there for coaches sure is nice and he'd certainly get a nicer contract than Cowher, Carroll, and Shanahan

SquishDaFish
01-10-2010, 03:31 PM
On a serious note once hes gone off that **** team its back to crap like they were before

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
lol, my sources tell me that he had a stealth meeting with jim kelly and thurman thomas and will be in a steal cage death match with Bill Cowher to determin who takes over the BILLS

buffalochip92
01-10-2010, 03:40 PM
on january 15th? thruman with the big frog-splash.

Bravo82
01-10-2010, 03:42 PM
lol, my sources tell me that he had a stealth meeting with jim kelly and thurman thomas and will be in a steal cage death match with Bill Cowher to determin who takes over the BILLS

My sources tell me that the death match is going to take place in ThugMode's basement. Can anybody confirm??????????????????

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-10-2010, 03:45 PM
My sources (I never really had any until recently) have told me that Belichick would consider retirement if the Pats fell short this season and did not seem up to the level they have been in the past. Now the source said he very well could return next year, but with all the money coaches have been making following a brief "retirement" it's certainly something he will consider to do much like his predecessor Bill Parcells did. I'm sure he'll take into account that Parcells never won another championship following his tenure with the Giants, but this should be interesting. My source btw lives in the Boston area working for a well respected news agency.

I'm not turning into a Pat or Coach Sal, but I just thought I'd post this after I heard it. Take it with a grain of salt and we'll see how things play out.
What sources? j/w. That would be awsome though if Belichek retired though

Mike in Syracuse
01-10-2010, 03:46 PM
It's amazing how average BB has been since he got caught taping practices and walkthrough's.

Combined with the loss of players like Milloy, Harrison, Law, McGinnest, Vrabel, Bruschi et al and he looks damn pedestrian.

New Ro's Greatest
01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
yes! Get out of the AFC East! GO BILLS:rockout:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
HEY! If Belicheat LEAVES the AFC east.... does the afc east suddenly look more appealing to cowher?
Hmmmmmmm......

BILLSROCK1212
01-10-2010, 03:52 PM
What sources? j/w. That would be awsome though if Belichek retired though
he works for one of the big news agencies in boston area...this is far from actually happening that espn would report it, but he's considering it

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-10-2010, 03:53 PM
he works for one of the big news agencies in boston area...this is far from actually happening that espn would report it, but he's considering it
True. Thanks

Goobylal
01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Looks like he retired before the game started.

PECKERWOOD
01-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Is your insider a "rich" friend?

Slim
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Um, who'd want to bet Cowher would coach the Pats?

Turf
01-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Would Cowher choose Kraft or Wilson. No brainer...

don137
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Lets face it Brady looked very pedestrian today. While he is still a great QB I am starting to think his better days are behind him.

Prov401
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Lets face it Brady looked very pedestrian today. While he is still a great QB I am starting to think his better days are behind him.

He hasn't won a SB since Weis left. If anybody remembers, when Weis was calling the plays, the Pats had a ton of trick plays. Reverses, WR's throwin passes (mostly David Patten), direct snaps to Faulk was almost a given at least twice a game. Brady blew up in 2007 with McDaniels as his OC, but right now I think Brady is getting the oppurtunity to call some of the plays and, well...it's not working.

However...

Tom Brady missed an entire football season...Still passed for over 4,000 yards...And still got into the playoffs. He is most certainly still one of the games best.

PECKERWOOD
01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
He hasn't won a SB since Weis left. If anybody remembers, when Weis was calling the plays, the Pats had a ton of trick plays. Reverses, WR's throwin passes (mostly David Patten), direct snaps to Faulk was almost a given at least twice a game. Brady blew up in 2007 with McDaniels as his OC, but right now I think Brady is getting the oppurtunity to call some of the plays and, well...it's not working.

However...

Tom Brady missed an entire football season...Still passed for over 4,000 yards...And still got into the playoffs. He is most certainly still one of the games best.

Fantastic post, good analysis, I agree with it.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Um, who'd want to bet Cowher would coach the Pats?

Me.

Ingtar33
01-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Me.

if it's open. yes

Ickybaluky
01-11-2010, 06:13 AM

I don't think Brady is the issue.

The team isn't elite anymore, obviously. I think they lost a lot of leadership and talent in the last couple years, and that is the issue. I would classify the Pats issues as follows:

1) Lack of difference-makers on defense - If you look at their defense, they have some good players but no great ones. The best player on the defense is the NT, but that isn't a position that creates turnovers or big plays. They lack a top pass-rush threat, and don't have anyone that scares a team like Terrell Suggs or Ed Reed do. That was apparent yesterday.

2) Loss of leadership - Look at the guys that are gone. Bruschi. Seymour. Vrabel. McGinest. Harrison. That is a lot of experience and leadership which has been gutted from the defense. Look at their leaders now, other than Brady, and they don't buy into the program like they did. They have more selfish guys as leaders, like Randy Moss. In 2007 they were able to win with Moss because he wasn't one of their leaders, he was a peripheral piece (albeit, a great one). He isn't a leader.

3) Rookie OC - I'm not going to heap all the blame on Billy O'Brien, but the fact is he is a rookie OC and mistakes are going to be made. The Pats looked more out of sync this year on offense than any year I can remember. They had delay of game penalties, looked out of sync at times, and were much poorer in the second half of games than the first half. I think those are growing pains due to the change in coordinators.

4) Lack of a legit 3rd WR - Leaving the Welker injury aside, if you are going to run spread sets most of the time you better have the receivers to run it. The Pats didn't. Watching the Green Bay game yesterday, the mistake the Pats made in the draft are showing now. A few years ago they traded down with Green Bay and took Chad Jackson, who was a bust. Green Bay took Greg Jennings, who is a very good young WR. Instead, they had to sign Joey Galloway to fill the gap, and he didn't work out.

Should be an interesting offseason.

BTW, I doubt Belichick retires. He has a contract that runs through 2012 and isn't about to leave millions on the table. I also doubt that Kraft would fire him. If he is feeling burned out, maybe they could reach some sort of settlement, but the money says nothing changes. I think he just had a touch season and a tough loss yesterday and was down. He has a lot of work to do with this team, and he knows he has to make some big changes this offseason.

zone
01-11-2010, 06:53 AM
I don't think Brady is the issue.

The team isn't elite anymore, obviously. I think they lost a lot of leadership and talent in the last couple years, and that is the issue. I would classify the Pats issues as follows:

1) Lack of difference-makers on defense - If you look at their defense, they have some good players but no great ones. The best player on the defense is the NT, but that isn't a position that creates turnovers or big plays. They lack a top pass-rush threat, and don't have anyone that scares a team like Terrell Suggs or Ed Reed do. That was apparent yesterday.

2) Loss of leadership - Look at the guys that are gone. Bruschi. Seymour. Vrabel. McGinest. Harrison. That is a lot of experience and leadership which has been gutted from the defense. Look at their leaders now, other than Brady, and they don't buy into the program like they did. They have more selfish guys as leaders, like Randy Moss. In 2007 they were able to win with Moss because he wasn't one of their leaders, he was a peripheral piece (albeit, a great one). He isn't a leader.

3) Rookie OC - I'm not going to heap all the blame on Billy O'Brien, but the fact is he is a rookie OC and mistakes are going to be made. The Pats looked more out of sync this year on offense than any year I can remember. They had delay of game penalties, looked out of sync at times, and were much poorer in the second half of games than the first half. I think those are growing pains due to the change in coordinators.

4) Lack of a legit 3rd WR - Leaving the Welker injury aside, if you are going to run spread sets most of the time you better have the receivers to run it. The Pats didn't. Watching the Green Bay game yesterday, the mistake the Pats made in the draft are showing now. A few years ago they traded down with Green Bay and took Chad Jackson, who was a bust. Green Bay took Greg Jennings, who is a very good young WR. Instead, they had to sign Joey Galloway to fill the gap, and he didn't work out.

Should be an interesting offseason.

BTW, I doubt Belichick retires. He has a contract that runs through 2012 and isn't about to leave millions on the table. I also doubt that Kraft would fire him. If he is feeling burned out, maybe they could reach some sort of settlement, but the money says nothing changes. I think he just had a touch season and a tough loss yesterday and was down. He has a lot of work to do with this team, and he knows he has to make some big changes this offseason.
Your exactly right, they are not an elite team anymore and they do lack the leadership and difference makers.

The reason why is because of the complete arrogance organization wide that believes "it doesn't matter, we don't need you, we don't need anyone, we are the f'n Patriots."

It finally has caught up with them and it couldn't make me any happier.

Tom Brady is pedestrian and just like Cassel, throw him on a struggling team you will get exactly what you saw yesterday.