View Full Version : Brian Schottenheimer Article

BuffaloBlakely14
01-10-2010, 03:46 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/323351-brian-schottenheimer-and-the-buffalo-bills-head-coaching-vacancy

My disclaimer on this is that this predicated on that we CANNOT land Cowher and HE tells us no. He or Marty are still my first choices, and I have to be honest, the more that I think about it the more I hope Marty is bluffing about not wanting to come back, he is my number 1 choice.

Pat what do you think about Brian and his history of playcalling and offenses?

I like that he has worked to help develop Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, and is doing a pretty good job with Sanchez right now. I don't know what to think about last year with Favre. Probably didn't have much say over anything. Yesterday was masterful, and to be able to do that to one of the top defenses in the league 2 weeks in a row is impressive no matter what.

I think this is certainly the style of football that we need to bring to the Bills. Obviously no matter what his dad would help him, even if it is in some unofficial capacity. Which would certainly be a bonus.

Can they interview him this week, or do they have to wait? The rules confuse the #$%^ out of me.

I am starting to warm up to this idea.

Ingtar33
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Pat what do you think about Brian and his history of playcalling and offenses?

I like that he has worked to help develop Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, and is doing a pretty good job with Sanchez right now. I don't know what to think about last year with Favre. Probably didn't have much say over anything. Yesterday was masterful, and to be able to do that to one of the top defenses in the league 2 weeks in a row is impressive no matter what.

if by pretty good job you mean "not let him throw the ball" you're right. he is.

In reality i think he's a very mediocre OC, and the belief "daddy" would help him out on the side is grasping at straws.

I don't know about you but when i turned 18 the idea that my dad would ever help me again financially or otherwise was repulsive. No man wants "daddy's help" and any guy who does is not someone i want coaching my football team.

As for the job he did with Brees and Rivers, you'll notice they both got much better the moment he was gone, so i don't think this is a positive either.

BTW: did you not watch the 5int monstrosity Sanchez threw against the Bills? The Jets ran for over 318 yards that game, Thomas Jones had 220 himself, yet the Jets threw the football something ******ed like 30 freaking times. That was some of the worst playcalling i've ever seen in my life.

Can they interview him this week, or do they have to wait? The rules confuse the #$%^ out of me.

they have to wait for the Jets to finish before they can interview him.

TigerJ
01-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Our of curiousity, Ingtar, if the Bills don't land the big name coach (i.e. Cowher) that everyone wants them to sign, and they end up going the hot coordinattor route, could you name a few of the coordinators that you think will make successful NFL coaches?

Ingtar33
01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Our of curiousity, Ingtar, if the Bills don't land the big name coach (i.e. Cowher) that everyone wants them to sign, and they end up going the hot coordinattor route, could you name a few of the coordinators that you think will make successful NFL coaches?

well that's a different question.

I know who i'd want to coach the Bills, and who i want is not a "hot coordinator." However, if i had to chose a coordinator to coach the Bills, i think my list would basically be...

understand other then Russ Grimm i wouldn't be particularly happy with any of these; but i think they'd be better then a shape stick in the eye.

Russ Grimm (not actually a coordinator so this is sorta a cheat answer)
Dom Capers (he's sorta Dick Jauron 2.0, and he's a pretty darn good DC, i could see a mass revolt in buffalo if he was hired... but i wouldn't be furious, disgusted maybe...)
Jason Garrett (not that high on him, i don't think he runs the ball enough)
Charley Weis (not a horrible answer)
Mike Heimerdinger (not a great choice)

jamze132
01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I am not a huge fan of Little Shotty coaching the Bills. To be honest, I am not impressed with his running of the Jets offense. I could run that offense and be successful behind their O-line.

BILLSROCK1212
01-10-2010, 09:53 PM
now i am a fan of Schotty coaching the Bills, you'd have a happy camper here if he is chosen

TigerJ
01-10-2010, 10:01 PM
well that's a different question.

I know who i'd want to coach the Bills, and who i want is not a "hot coordinator." However, if i had to chose a coordinator to coach the Bills, i think my list would basically be...

understand other then Russ Grimm i wouldn't be particularly happy with any of these; but i think they'd be better then a shape stick in the eye.

Russ Grimm (not actually a coordinator so this is sorta a cheat answer)
Dom Capers (he's sorta Dick Jauron 2.0, and he's a pretty darn good DC, i could see a mass revolt in buffalo if he was hired... but i wouldn't be furious, disgusted maybe...)
Jason Garrett (not that high on him, i don't think he runs the ball enough)
Charley Weis (not a horrible answer)
Mike Heimerdinger (not a great choice)

I think quite a few of us wouldn't mind seeing Russ Grimm become the coach of the Bills. So far the only word we've heard is that Grimm is not interested in interviewing, but that may be because he wants to focus on the Arizona playoff efforts. We probably won't get a clear indication of his sentiments until the Arizona playoff run is over.

I have to say your sentiments on the other guys you name are not very encouraging.