PDA

View Full Version : Another argument for Russ Grimm

McBFLO
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
From what I gather, the main reason some of you aren't sold on Russ Grimm as a potential HC, is because he doesn't have experience as a HC. Well, neither was Ken Whisenhunt before he got the job in AZ.

This guy has coached the team to one Super Bowl appearance (and barring that last miracle drive by the Steelers, almost a SB win), coached them back into at least the 2nd round of the playoffs the NEXT season (which these days is uncommon these days, for a SB participant). He's a no nonsense, smart, tough, aggressive HC. And Grimm has been there EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. And this isn't eve counting his years as a Steelers assistant.

This guy is going to be a dynamite HC. The more I think about it, the more I want him as our HC. What's the history show for previous SB winning Head Coaches with their new team? I mean, I'll obviously take Cowher if he decides to take our job, but Grimm is now my 2nd option, above Marty.

McBFLO
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
The guy has done enough as a Cardinals assistant to get a shot, by itself. Then when you add in his years with the Steelers....

It'd be a shame if this guy doesn't get his shot soon, from somebody.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 07:35 PM
And next weekend, after victories, some other coordinators will pick up steam or be added to the list.

soapman
01-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Whisenhunt was an OC for 2 years in Pittsburgh. Russ Grimm - 0. Nuff said.

BUT in case you want more. Mangini was in New England for they're whole run. Lot of good that turned out.

LABillsFan
01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
He has Warner as a QB and some serious offensive talent. Unless the Bills land a quality QB with some depth at OL, no way is that repeated here in Buffalo with the way talent is evaluated. I don't by you need to be a run team in Dec ( Bills of the 90's) but there certainly isn't enough talent here to come close to run his AZ offense.

Dicknoze69
01-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Grimm is and will remain my #3 choice. I think he's going to be a very solid leader of a football team. I like his O-line experience and that would help fix our biggest issues. I think his blue collar personality would fit in well here and his style of football would as well.

My concern about him is he's going to need to select some dynamite coordinators, both offensively and defensively because he's very inexperienced with playcalling on either side of the ball. However, I feel that the head coach should delegate most of those responsibilities anyway and be more of an overseer.

YardRat
01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
My concern about him is he's going to need to select some dynamite coordinators, both offensively and defensively

I'm actually more interested in who is going to end up in our coordinator positions than head coach.

I'd much rather have a rookie head coach with proven, experienced coordinators than vice versa.

Of course, if we could get experience at all three it would be a big plus.