PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the Moran hate!!

Dying_-2-_Live
01-10-2010, 10:43 PM
What you guys are doing is absolutely ridiculous... He's just reporting... giving us information. Isnt that what we want? Or do you just want to keep hanging on that thin thread that Cowher will coach here?

~ How happy would it make you feel if your boss walked into your place of employment and EMBARRASSED you in front of everyone, putting you down after spending hours of hard labor on a project?

TacklingDummy
01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Pat needs his own forum. This stuff is getting old.

malo
01-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Hey if I read Shefter's tweet and posted here like it's breaking news from a source. And I did it over and over. I'd be hated too. The dude has nothing. He admitted to only listening to Jay Glazier anyway. I can read the news myself. I don't need some amateur hack repurposing others' news.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-10-2010, 10:47 PM
just felt terrible for the guy... not trying to enshrine him into hall of fame by any means

Mathja
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
I think most of us appreciate Pat sharing his thoughts and his stories. We should understand though what he's providing. he has basically said that most of his sources are other reporters or media members. Maybe they share information that isn't ready to go to print yet. It's a lot of off-the-record conversation which leads to speculation. Which leads to good conversation, which leads to an entertaining message board.

Neubs24
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
The bad part is the people trying to have a real discussion with him are getting drowned out by the garbage

Typ0
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
If he's going to put himself out there the way he does he's going to get lambasted...

Dying_-2-_Live
01-10-2010, 10:52 PM
If he's going to put himself out there the way he does he's going to get lambasted...
what did he do that makes him deserve the criticism he's recieving? HE IS TELLING US WHAT HE HAS HEARD

Slim
01-10-2010, 10:52 PM
The bad part is the people trying to have a real discussion with him are getting drowned out by the garbage

Exactly, the same people repeat the same thing in EVERY thread. And it sends each thread into spam hell. This ISNT BBMB.

Neubs24
01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Exactly, the same people repeat the same thing in EVERY thread. And it sends each thread into spam hell. This ISNT BBMB.

Which is why i've started posting here even though i'm an Admin there!

malo
01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
what did he do that makes him deserve the criticism he's recieving? HE IS TELLING US WHAT HE HAS HEARD

What he "heard" is out there. On PFT and Shefter's twitter stream. I think people like me are put off at his arrogance. Like he's telling us things like they are big secrets he's uncovering.

billsfootball1027
01-10-2010, 10:58 PM
he used TWITTER and adam schefter. First honestly ....Adam WAS good on NFL network. Now i feel like hes lost a step. The mans got connections but not as good as when he was working for NFL network.

Also Mort Clayton and Adam have all gone with the "cowher isnt coming" slogan for the Bills. I dont buy it. They all said T.O wasnt comin either.

Slim
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM
What he "heard" is out there. On PFT and Shefter's twitter stream. I think people like me are put off at his arrogance. Like he's telling us things like they are big secrets he's uncovering.

Pat may have gone about this the wrong way. But he's broken stories in the past. If i would have personally talked to Adam S, I would have done the same thing.

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
What you guys are doing is absolutely ridiculous... He's just reporting... giving us information. Isnt that what we want? Or do you just want to keep hanging on that thin thread that Cowher will coach here?

~ How happy would it make you feel if your boss walked into your place of employment and EMBARRASSED you in front of everyone, putting you down after spending hours of hard labor on a project?

Appreciate ya. but dont worry about it. I know what I gotta do.
There is never pleasing some people.

People wanted to know who the hell that Joe Logan dude is, so I found out for people. Hell I think someone even accused me of BEING Joe Logan.

In return for that, I got flamed.

It just doesnt matter. You're going to please some and with others you'll never please them. .its the way it goes.

malo
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Pat's never broken any significant story.

Slim
01-10-2010, 11:07 PM

Dockerey getting cut was pretty big...

patmoran2006
01-10-2010, 11:11 PM

I may not be Charlie Insider. But yes I have.

I Broke Derrick Dockery, and I also broke that the Bills were set to target Geoff Hangartner, and I clearly never even heard of him at the time.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170686&highlight=Hangartner

plundar
01-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Pat, just wanted to put my two cents in. Thanks for the info that you do give on this site. It makes it much more interesting to come on the boards. It is appreciated.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-10-2010, 11:57 PM

I Broke Derrick Dockery, and I also broke that the Bills were set to target Geoff Hangartner, and I clearly never even heard of him at the time.

Don't forget the Jauron firing as well, you just had internet problems. Don't feed into these haters. You owe them nothing, they need to go back where they came from, the bbmb.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 12:00 AM
pat give me a break man, u took shefters "cowher isnt coming here" and then posted it as breaking news from a "unknown source"...

let me guess, do u live in chektewaga?

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Man, you people are ungrateful. Pat has the most to lose out of anybody by sharing this information. He put his reputation on the line with the billboard that goes up tomorrow. Just because he shared information that we did not want to hear doesn't give everyone the right to publicly humilate him. This is a free site, and guys like Pat and Sal share info with us before it goes to other places. We can choose to believe or not to believe, but we should not be ungrateful.

Here's a question/challenge to jokers like TOSharpie and the others with like 5 posts but 1,000 opinions and names to call people: How much money did you guys donate to the billboard? If you guys think Cowher is still coming, then put your money where your mouth is and put in a few bucks. Better yet, whether you believe he is coming or not, put in some money, because it goes to a great cause at this point, Hunter's Hope. Instead of namecalling and pushing your selfish agendas, why don't you guys step up to help out some kids that really need help and have a lot bigger problems than Pat Moran telling you he thinks Bill Cowher will not coach your football team next year?

That GGG guy donated about $500 from what I recall. If every blowhard on this site donated $10-$20 apiece, we could probably raise another $1,000 quickly for Hunter's Hope, which would be an unselfish act that could unite all of us Bills fans for a good cause. Whether Cowher comes here or not, the billboard's message can be changed.

It's time for some of you people to grow up and do the right thing. Show Buffalo and the nation that we aren't a shamefully embarrassing fanbase. Our football team may suck, but the fans can rise up and make some good out of this.

Jon

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 12:23 AM
mudflap dont preach about giving money , who are u to preach and tell others what to do, all pat did was say the same thing shefter said... he has no sources...

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Hey, I don't know what everyone's financial situation is, and that's everyone's own business. My message wasn't directed at everyone. I'm saying to all the haters who are completely inappropriate and personally attacking people like Pat... stop hating for 5 minutes and give $5, $10, or $20 to a good cause.

If you are one of those haters, then consider yourself one of the people my message is directed to.

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2010, 01:55 AM

Yeah, I agree with that, it's the truth.

Buffalogic
01-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Ha TD remember this thread? http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=180260

We got bashed then, now look at this place lol.

elltrain22
01-11-2010, 05:01 AM
Pat & Coach Sal make this board!! Without those 2 guys, namely, this board sucks. :xmas:

X-Era
01-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Guys, whether its on Pat or anyone else, the harassment needs to get toned down.

Its gotten to uncivil.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Ha TD remember this thread? http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=180260

We got bashed then, now look at this place lol.

Yes, I remember the hate.

The dude has 26 threads started in the past 5 days.
7 in the past 2 days counting today.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Pat & Coach Sal make this board!! Without those 2 guys, namely, this board sucks. :xmas:

That's your opinion.
The board was doing fine before the BuffaloRumorsDaily came along.

mackey789
01-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Is he a high school kid or a legit insider? Just post the stuff and who cares what people say. Do you think Adam Schefter sits in his office feeling sorry for himself after reading negative feedback? Big deal - stick with your beliefs and move on. If you get negative feedback have some confidence in yourself.

That being said - how old is he really?

El Guapo
01-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Hey if I read Shefter's tweet and posted here like it's breaking news from a source. And I did it over and over. I'd be hated too. The dude has nothing. He admitted to only listening to Jay Glazier anyway. I can read the news myself. I don't need some amateur hack repurposing others' news.

I don't do twitter, and I don't follow these sports organizations/reports on facebook or the like. I come here for all my Bills info. Usually it's here before the Buffalo or Rochester papers, and I hate going to ESPN's site. I don't care if it's Pat, Mikey or Joe Logan; if something is happening, I want it posted here so I will see it.

What else is the purpose of a forum such as this? There is an ignore feature. Use it rather than b*tch about what someone is posting. Unless it is a direct attack on you, why do you care what others are posting?

Jan Reimers
01-11-2010, 07:53 AM
This is a message board. If you don't like Pat's stuff, don't read it.

BigZ
01-11-2010, 07:58 AM
I don't do twitter, and I don't follow these sports organizations/reports on facebook or the like. I come here for all my Bills info. Usually it's here before the Buffalo or Rochester papers, and I hate going to ESPN's site. I don't care if it's Pat, Mikey or Joe Logan; if something is happening, I want it posted here so I will see it.

What else is the purpose of a forum such as this? There is an ignore feature. Use it rather than b*tch about what someone is posting. Unless it is a direct attack on you, why do you care what others are posting?

I agree totally. I'm one of the old farts who come here to get some news and rumors, occasionally post some comments or become my sarcastic self and try to be funny. I don't have time or the patience to scour the internet looking for rumors or announcements before they hit the major new sites. You guys and especially guys like Pat and Sal are the eyes and ears that find the stuff for me and I appreciate it.

This past week I've spent way too much time on this board and appreciate the difference of opinions. I just think we need to stop the personal attacks. Eric, the reason these guys won't use the ignore function is that they still want the inside scoop when Pat gives it to them.

I've said this multiple times in multiple threads: Dial the venom down!

superbills
01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
pat give me a break man, u took shefters "cowher isnt coming here" and then posted it as breaking news from a "unknown source"...

let me guess, do u live in chektewaga?

Regardless, FAIL.

Edited for TOS violation

SABURZFAN
01-11-2010, 08:02 AM
i don't hate pat.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Guys, whether its on Pat or anyone else, the harassment needs to get toned down.

Its gotten to uncivil.

just give me the names of the homos harassing pat and i'll be more than happy to give them a taste of their own medicine.

superbills
01-11-2010, 08:19 AM
...People wanted to know who the hell that Joe Logan dude is, so I found out for people. Hell I think someone even accused me of BEING Joe Logan.

No doubt, what was that all about Joe, er I mean Pat Kent, er I mean Moran

:D

Bottom line is don't we all need to look in the mirror and realize that we are all feeding the monster that the Cowher situation has become? Due to Pat's, Sal's and others' diligence, we have had sources feeding information to our site that we may never have gotten, at least not on a breaking news basis. This whole mess can be broken down to a common denominator that is the only source of truth and is not talking...Bill Cowher himself. I know that Shefter is staking his rep on Bill C not being an option for us. I get that. And he's probably right. On the other hand, all we need is for Bill to come out and say, sorry Buffalo, it's just not going to happen, and this all goes away. Why he hasn't done that is the $10 million question, but for now all we have to go on is insider information, like it or not.

Pat, Sal, and the others who know people in the biz aren't making crap up for the sake of looking at their names appear on a message board. To suggest as much is asinine. They can only report what they hear and we should be thankful to them for doing so. Further, we all need to remember that this is a community message board. The same people bashing the insiders here are the same ones refreshing their browsers every 5 seconds looking for ANYTHING Cowher related. My point is, you reap what you sow. There has been a fantastical outcry for any and all information about the coaching search. You got it. You didn't like it. And now you're taking it out on the messenger. People, it's time to look in the mirror and figure out who the real perpetrators are that created the "Cowher Monster". Although the "Cowher Monster" is quickly devouring our sensibilities, it's time to take a step back, wait for Bill to say "yay" or "nay" and then move on like adults. Let's see if we have it in us.

PromoTheRobot
01-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Moran is a look-at-me hack playing reporter. He recycles stuff from other reports. He deals in rumors not facts. My grandmother is as much a journalist as Pat is. And he hates the Bills so he is biased in what he reports anyway. Don't waste your time

PTR

El Guapo
01-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Moran is a look-at-me hack playing reporter. He recycles stuff from other reports. He deals in rumors not facts. My grandmother is as much a journalist as Pat is. And he hates the Bills so he is biased in what he reports anyway. Don't waste your time

PTR

Surely you jest.

You folks are going to run good guys -- like Pat and Sal -- out of here. All because some posters don't like the attention these guys get. I just don't get it. Ignore Pat if you dislike him that much, but don't insult the guy like this. He hates the Bills? Come on...

justasportsfan
01-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I appreciate what Moran tries to do here but when you post something and show it to the world , it's open to any criticisms, praise etc. If he can't take the heat , he should stop.

Sad that he had to stoop to the level of those that bashed him. Coaches, GM's , Football analysts get bashed all the time.

Typ0
01-11-2010, 10:52 AM

it doesn't matter. It's the role he's trying to fill. It goes with the territory. If you are going to write people are going to respond to it negatively. Not everyone but some will. The more you write the more people aren't going to like it. It's the business he's in so he's going to have to grow thick skin or get into another business. Listen to the way some people trash ESPN and the guys on WGR around here. All they are doing is saying what they think and know too.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 11:03 AM
it doesn't matter. It's the role he's trying to fill. It goes with the territory. If you are going to write people are going to respond to it negatively. Not everyone but some will. The more you write the more people aren't going to like it. It's the business he's in so he's going to have to grow thick skin or get into another business. Listen to the way some people trash ESPN and the guys on WGR around here. All they are doing is saying what they think and know too.

I actually agree and think that's a correct point (thick skin point)

Typ0
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I actually agree and think that's a correct point (thick skin point)

always remember you pick who you listen to and what you take to heart...

HopefulBillsFan
01-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Lol.. you found someone else who said this and put it into your own words.. the jury was out on both of them.. good try though.

Saratoga Slim
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Is he a high school kid or a legit insider? Just post the stuff and who cares what people say. Do you think Adam Schefter sits in his office feeling sorry for himself after reading negative feedback? Big deal - stick with your beliefs and move on. If you get negative feedback have some confidence in yourself.

That being said - how old is he really?

He's the founder and editor of www.buffalosportsdaily.com (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com). I'm assuming he can legally buy a beer. But if not, more power to him.

If you're going to write posts like this, fine. But at least do your homework first.

Moreover, I don't think Pat is "sitting in his office feeling sorry for himself." He's not the one who started this thread.

Poor post.

Bill Cody
01-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Lol.. you found someone else who said this and put it into your own words.. the jury was out on both of them.. good try though.

Ok so unless someone talks directly to a player or his agent (or a coach or his agent) posting something before it's in the papers or TV doesn't count?:pirate2: Seems like some people ought to ask themselves, what exactly is MY contribution to this board? (I'm not talking money here) Putting Pat down apparently feels good to some people, not really sure why. Personally I thought getting rumors through whatever sources was what a message board was supposed to be about. My bad I guess.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't disagree that someone should take some flak for putting themselves out there on things that are false HOWEVER you don't need to troll into every thread and bash.

It's a little excessive when half of the threads deteriorate into bash fests and annoying to boot.

Cleve
01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
My question is - why aren't the responsible individuals getting one week and two week bans for flaming contributors like Pat Moran?

Many forums start with a 7 day ban, then a two week ban, then a one month ban and then a perma ban for continued TOS offenses.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
The dude has 26 threads started in the past 5 days.
7 in the past 2 days counting today.

Make that 13 the past 2 days. 6 more since my original post. 32 in the past 5 days. :yawn:

For someone who was going to quit the board he sure does post alot.

ARoid
01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm not sold on patmoran2006 being an actual reporter myself. If he was a real reporter he would have a job that wouldn't allow him to post on a message board all day.

That said, even if he is just getting his info from other reporters and websites at least he's delivering the info here free & faster than we'd get it ourselves. I know I wouldn't spend my time on the net trying to find all this stuff.

Still, gotta admit. I never believe anything unless I see it on ESPN and even then I don't always believe right away until I see the proof.

Honest to God nobody seems to know anything about the Bills coaching search so all we have are rumors anyway. It's not like anybody can really be in the office of Buddy Nix so aside from him, Brandon & Wilson nobody knows anything. Pat might be a faker but so are a lot of the real reporters.