• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Cowher billboard contingency plan time

As originally discussed when organizing the billboard, we need to have a backup plan. NOTHING will be done with the billboard until its "confirmed" that Bill Cowher isn't coming here.

When/If that happens-- We need to have a backup plan. I need about 4-5 slogans to consider. I'll pick the best 4-5 and I will run a quick poll that will be determined by fan vote.

On a side note, I'm done with the message board for a while. For a variety or reasons, the Zone lately isn't what it used to be. I'm sure I have my fair share of blame too, whatever. I'm tired of defending myself and what I do, it's just straight up not worth it.

Per my promtional partnership agreement with Billszone, I'll continue to post some articles and relevent links to other news from other sites.

But I'm not sticking around for discussion anymore after I post something. From my perspective, it's a no-win.

People who I talk Football and stuff with regularly on here, you can send me a PM on here, or follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

So having said that, if anyone wants to come up with alternative suggestions in case we need them should Cowher be officially out, fire away..

Going to bed. I'm sure I'll have a long day of media ridicule should Cowher isn't coming here news break the first day the billboard is up.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Cowher billboard contingency plan time

Idea #1:

Push for Brian Billick. He's qualified, won the Super Bowl, and has experience.

Idea #2:

Push for the Schottenheimers. Together, they might be a formidable combination.

I'll think of more.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

BTW, thanks to every single person who donated to the billboard and made it happen, and especially cause we got money going to charity and I'm sure more to come before Feb 14th.

Especially to that GGGBills dude, who donated a ridiculous amount of money.

I obviously regret the billboard now (this has been a week of lessons for me), but since its already paid for and up, lets have something good as an alternative plan.. And not a "We want someone else" billboard, it will be reported as him just being second best anyway.

So come up with something good.

Comment

• BrotherChazz
        • Sep 2008

I'd say if the official news comes out and you need something to say on the billboard, just make it a Hunter's Hope billboard. Win-win.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BrotherChazz
          I'd say if the official news comes out and you need something to say on the billboard, just make it a Hunter's Hope billboard. Win-win.

Second.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

I posted this in another thread, but I think the challenge is worth re-posting for the contingency plans. I'll slightly edit it to make it more appropriate for this thread:

Man, you people are ungrateful. I went out to church and dinner with my wife tonight, then came back to this complete embarrassing fanbase meltdown on here. Pat has the most to lose out of anybody by sharing the information he gathered this weekend. He put his reputation on the line with the billboard that goes up tomorrow. Just because he shared information that we did not want to hear doesn't give everyone the right to publicly humilate him. This is a free site, and guys like Pat and Sal share info with us before it goes to other places. We can choose to believe or not to believe, but we should not be ungrateful.

Here's a question/challenge to jokers like TOSharpie and the others with like 5 posts but 1,000 opinions and names to call people: How much money did you guys donate to the billboard? If you guys think Cowher is still coming, then put your money where your mouth is and put in a few bucks. Better yet, whether you believe he is coming or not, put in some money, because it goes to a great cause at this point, Hunter's Hope. Instead of namecalling and pushing your selfish agendas, why don't you guys step up to help out some kids that really need help and have a lot bigger problems than Pat Moran telling you he thinks Bill Cowher will not coach your football team next year?

That GGG guy donated about $500 from what I recall. If every blowhard on this site donated $10-$20 apiece, we could probably raise another $1,000 quickly for Hunter's Hope, which would be an unselfish act that could unite all of us Bills fans for a good cause. Whether Cowher comes here or not, the billboard's message can be changed.

It's time for some of you people to grow up and do the right thing. Show Buffalo and the nation that we aren't a shamefully embarrassing fanbase. Our football team may suck, but the fans can rise up and make some good out of this.

Jon

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
              • Sep 2009

Pat, who cares what the media says. You are a fan and the billboard is just letting the fans voices be heard. End of store.

On a side note, don't feed into all the haters out there. I still appreciate what you do and thankful for it. You and Sal are a big part of why the zone is the best message board on the the net.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                Second.
                Yeah, you could make a generic message like "Bills fans want a winner" or something to that effect, but then add something like "what we want even more is to raise awareness for Hunter's Hope" or something like that, which makes the charity the focal point.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                  Pat, who cares what the media says. You are a fan and the billboard is just letting the fans voices be heard. End of store.

On a side note, don't feed into all the haters out there. I still appreciate what you do and thankful for it. You and Sal are a big part of why the zone is the best message board on the the net.
                  I'm not supposed to be a fan, which is a direct conflict of interest in me posting too much in here.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
                    Give To Hunter's Hope"

Would be an excellent backup plan that wouldn't hurt the feeling of any potential coach who's only crime is accepting a HC job.

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
                      Give To Hunter's Hope"

Would be an excellent backup plan that wouldn't hurt the feeling of any potential coach who's only crime is accepting a HC job.

this I 100% agree with

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
                        Give To Hunter's Hope"

It would be a classy and unselfish move.

You'll still probably get butchered on here for it, though.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                          It would be a classy and unselfish move.

You'll still probably get butchered on here for it, though.
                          No comment

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                            I posted this in another thread, but I think the challenge is worth re-posting for the contingency plans. I'll slightly edit it to make it more appropriate for this thread:

Man, you people are ungrateful. I went out to church and dinner with my wife tonight, then came back to this complete embarrassing fanbase meltdown on here. Pat has the most to lose out of anybody by sharing the information he gathered this weekend. He put his reputation on the line with the billboard that goes up tomorrow. Just because he shared information that we did not want to hear doesn't give everyone the right to publicly humilate him. This is a free site, and guys like Pat and Sal share info with us before it goes to other places. We can choose to believe or not to believe, but we should not be ungrateful.

Here's a question/challenge to jokers like TOSharpie and the others with like 5 posts but 1,000 opinions and names to call people: How much money did you guys donate to the billboard? If you guys think Cowher is still coming, then put your money where your mouth is and put in a few bucks. Better yet, whether you believe he is coming or not, put in some money, because it goes to a great cause at this point, Hunter's Hope. Instead of namecalling and pushing your selfish agendas, why don't you guys step up to help out some kids that really need help and have a lot bigger problems than Pat Moran telling you he thinks Bill Cowher will not coach your football team next year?

That GGG guy donated about $500 from what I recall. If every blowhard on this site donated $10-$20 apiece, we could probably raise another $1,000 quickly for Hunter's Hope, which would be an unselfish act that could unite all of us Bills fans for a good cause. Whether Cowher comes here or not, the billboard's message can be changed.

It's time for some of you people to grow up and do the right thing. Show Buffalo and the nation that we aren't a shamefully embarrassing fanbase. Our football team may suck, but the fans can rise up and make some good out of this.

Jon

Comment

• clumping platelets

I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
                              Give To Hunter's Hope"

We have a winner

Comment

Working...
                              X