PDA

View Full Version : Cowher billboard contingency plan time

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:17 AM
As originally discussed when organizing the billboard, we need to have a backup plan. NOTHING will be done with the billboard until its "confirmed" that Bill Cowher isn't coming here.

When/If that happens-- We need to have a backup plan. I need about 4-5 slogans to consider. I'll pick the best 4-5 and I will run a quick poll that will be determined by fan vote.

On a side note, I'm done with the message board for a while. For a variety or reasons, the Zone lately isn't what it used to be. I'm sure I have my fair share of blame too, whatever. I'm tired of defending myself and what I do, it's just straight up not worth it.

Per my promtional partnership agreement with Billszone, I'll continue to post some articles and relevent links to other news from other sites.

But I'm not sticking around for discussion anymore after I post something. From my perspective, it's a no-win.

People who I talk Football and stuff with regularly on here, you can send me a PM on here, or follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

So having said that, if anyone wants to come up with alternative suggestions in case we need them should Cowher be officially out, fire away..

Going to bed. I'm sure I'll have a long day of media ridicule should Cowher isn't coming here news break the first day the billboard is up.

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Idea #1:

Push for Brian Billick. He's qualified, won the Super Bowl, and has experience.

Idea #2:

Push for the Schottenheimers. Together, they might be a formidable combination.

I'll think of more.

patmoran2006
BTW, thanks to every single person who donated to the billboard and made it happen, and especially cause we got money going to charity and I'm sure more to come before Feb 14th.

Especially to that GGGBills dude, who donated a ridiculous amount of money.

I obviously regret the billboard now (this has been a week of lessons for me), but since its already paid for and up, lets have something good as an alternative plan.. And not a "We want someone else" billboard, it will be reported as him just being second best anyway.

So come up with something good.

BrotherChazz
I'd say if the official news comes out and you need something to say on the billboard, just make it a Hunter's Hope billboard. Win-win.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I'd say if the official news comes out and you need something to say on the billboard, just make it a Hunter's Hope billboard. Win-win.

Second.

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I posted this in another thread, but I think the challenge is worth re-posting for the contingency plans. I'll slightly edit it to make it more appropriate for this thread:

Man, you people are ungrateful. I went out to church and dinner with my wife tonight, then came back to this complete embarrassing fanbase meltdown on here. Pat has the most to lose out of anybody by sharing the information he gathered this weekend. He put his reputation on the line with the billboard that goes up tomorrow. Just because he shared information that we did not want to hear doesn't give everyone the right to publicly humilate him. This is a free site, and guys like Pat and Sal share info with us before it goes to other places. We can choose to believe or not to believe, but we should not be ungrateful.

Here's a question/challenge to jokers like TOSharpie and the others with like 5 posts but 1,000 opinions and names to call people: How much money did you guys donate to the billboard? If you guys think Cowher is still coming, then put your money where your mouth is and put in a few bucks. Better yet, whether you believe he is coming or not, put in some money, because it goes to a great cause at this point, Hunter's Hope. Instead of namecalling and pushing your selfish agendas, why don't you guys step up to help out some kids that really need help and have a lot bigger problems than Pat Moran telling you he thinks Bill Cowher will not coach your football team next year?

That GGG guy donated about $500 from what I recall. If every blowhard on this site donated $10-$20 apiece, we could probably raise another $1,000 quickly for Hunter's Hope, which would be an unselfish act that could unite all of us Bills fans for a good cause. Whether Cowher comes here or not, the billboard's message can be changed.

It's time for some of you people to grow up and do the right thing. Show Buffalo and the nation that we aren't a shamefully embarrassing fanbase. Our football team may suck, but the fans can rise up and make some good out of this.

Jon

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Pat, who cares what the media says. You are a fan and the billboard is just letting the fans voices be heard. End of store.

On a side note, don't feed into all the haters out there. I still appreciate what you do and thankful for it. You and Sal are a big part of why the zone is the best message board on the the net.

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Second.

Yeah, you could make a generic message like "Bills fans want a winner" or something to that effect, but then add something like "what we want even more is to raise awareness for Hunter's Hope" or something like that, which makes the charity the focal point.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Pat, who cares what the media says. You are a fan and the billboard is just letting the fans voices be heard. End of store.

On a side note, don't feed into all the haters out there. I still appreciate what you do and thankful for it. You and Sal are a big part of why the zone is the best message board on the the net.

I'm not supposed to be a fan, which is a direct conflict of interest in me posting too much in here.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
Give To Hunter's Hope"

Would be an excellent backup plan that wouldn't hurt the feeling of any potential coach who's only crime is accepting a HC job.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
Give To Hunter's Hope"

Would be an excellent backup plan that wouldn't hurt the feeling of any potential coach who's only crime is accepting a HC job.

this I 100% agree with

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
Give To Hunter's Hope"

It would be a classy and unselfish move.

You'll still probably get butchered on here for it, though.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
It would be a classy and unselfish move.

You'll still probably get butchered on here for it, though.
No comment

clumping platelets
01-11-2010, 12:35 AM
I posted this in another thread, but I think the challenge is worth re-posting for the contingency plans. I'll slightly edit it to make it more appropriate for this thread:

Man, you people are ungrateful. I went out to church and dinner with my wife tonight, then came back to this complete embarrassing fanbase meltdown on here. Pat has the most to lose out of anybody by sharing the information he gathered this weekend. He put his reputation on the line with the billboard that goes up tomorrow. Just because he shared information that we did not want to hear doesn't give everyone the right to publicly humilate him. This is a free site, and guys like Pat and Sal share info with us before it goes to other places. We can choose to believe or not to believe, but we should not be ungrateful.

Here's a question/challenge to jokers like TOSharpie and the others with like 5 posts but 1,000 opinions and names to call people: How much money did you guys donate to the billboard? If you guys think Cowher is still coming, then put your money where your mouth is and put in a few bucks. Better yet, whether you believe he is coming or not, put in some money, because it goes to a great cause at this point, Hunter's Hope. Instead of namecalling and pushing your selfish agendas, why don't you guys step up to help out some kids that really need help and have a lot bigger problems than Pat Moran telling you he thinks Bill Cowher will not coach your football team next year?

That GGG guy donated about $500 from what I recall. If every blowhard on this site donated $10-$20 apiece, we could probably raise another $1,000 quickly for Hunter's Hope, which would be an unselfish act that could unite all of us Bills fans for a good cause. Whether Cowher comes here or not, the billboard's message can be changed.

It's time for some of you people to grow up and do the right thing. Show Buffalo and the nation that we aren't a shamefully embarrassing fanbase. Our football team may suck, but the fans can rise up and make some good out of this.

Jon

:clap:

clumping platelets
01-11-2010, 12:36 AM
I think that a classy

"Help Save A Life
Give To Hunter's Hope"

We have a winner :nod:

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:38 AM
I have a poll up on BSD now
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/

I will leave it up all day Monday and all the way up until if necessary the moment comes that Cowher (hopefully doesnt) say he's not interested in the job.

If the vote is in favor of yes, that's the backup plan.. If not, back to the drawing board.

Meanwhile, I will have my guy start on a few alternative slogans Monday morning, just in case.

Oaf
01-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Going to bed. I'm sure I'll have a long day of media ridicule should Cowher isn't coming here news break the first day the billboard is up.

:op:

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2010, 12:48 AM
As originally discussed when organizing the billboard, we need to have a backup plan. NOTHING will be done with the billboard until its "confirmed" that Bill Cowher isn't coming here.

When/If that happens-- We need to have a backup plan. I need about 4-5 slogans to consider. I'll pick the best 4-5 and I will run a quick poll that will be determined by fan vote.

On a side note, I'm done with the message board for a while. For a variety or reasons, the Zone lately isn't what it used to be. I'm sure I have my fair share of blame too, whatever. I'm tired of defending myself and what I do, it's just straight up not worth it.

Per my promtional partnership agreement with Billszone, I'll continue to post some articles and relevent links to other news from other sites.

But I'm not sticking around for discussion anymore after I post something. From my perspective, it's a no-win.

People who I talk Football and stuff with regularly on here, you can send me a PM on here, or follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

So having said that, if anyone wants to come up with alternative suggestions in case we need them should Cowher be officially out, fire away..

My God. People leaving a message board.... :shakeno:

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:52 AM
My God. People leaving a message board.... :shakeno:

I just gotta do my job better.. So until I can learn to not read into what a small minority of people think, i'm going to "chill" for awhile.

I'm a glutton for self-assurance I suppose.

Michael82
01-11-2010, 12:55 AM
I like the Hunters Hope one, but I also think the main purpose of the billboard was to let Ralph know we are sick of his ****. Maybe one of these...

Hey Ralph,
We want a splashy name!

or

Hey Ralph
10 years with no playoffs! Fix this!

or

Hey Ralph,
It's your fault!

Michael82
01-11-2010, 12:58 AM
And as for the rest of this thread, I hope it's not true pat. You are a good poster and a nice guy, Plus you are a fan just like us. You shouldn't let these newbies and trolls run you off the boards.

TrEd FTW
01-11-2010, 03:10 AM
"Dear Ralph,

No Cowher? Don't cower. Give Martyball a Schott."

plundar
01-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Thanks for all the insite Pat. Come back soon. :rockout:

Novacane
01-11-2010, 04:21 AM
We don't blame you Bill. We think Ralphs a joke too.

Typ0
01-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Ralph Wilson: Confirmed liar.

Canadian'eh!
01-11-2010, 05:15 AM
why not piss off the "haters" here and write:

Buffalosportsdaily.com

WagonCircler
01-11-2010, 05:39 AM
I'm sorry. Maybe I'm petty and vindictive, but I want the billboard to SLAM Bill Cowher.

If we are to believe recent news, he just gave Buffalo a MASSIVE middle finger.

There's no good reason for him not to coach in Buffao other than his huge ego.

It's obvious he thinks Buffalo is beneath him.

How about:

WE TRIED TO PUT BILL COWHER'S EGO ON THIS BILLBOARD, BUT IT WOULDN'T FIT.

YardRat
01-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Contingency??? Really?

Isn't the message of the billboard basically about...

COMMITMENT?

Commitment to the fans, commitment to the organization, commitment to the area, commitment to winning? What kind of message is going to be sent if the COMMITMENT to the billboard is simply chucked after a day or so based on some dip****, talking heads, 'inside source' off the cuff comments?

Screw CONTINGENCY, stick with COMMITMENT.
Let the billboard stand, as is. Force the hand of the front office or Cowher's camp to publicly declare whether or not he is a serious player in this game. Pimp the hell out of it, and make them talk.

Best case scenario for the Cowher fans---he likes what he sees and comes.
Worst case scenario---Cowher jilts the team, and no other coach worth a broken piece of chalk wants to come within 1000 miles of Buffalo because they're 'not wanted'.

The choice has been made. The deal is done. Ride it out and see where it goes.

chernobylwraiths
01-11-2010, 06:38 AM
OK, while I agree Hunter's Hope is a worth cause, it should be secondary to what this whole billboard is about.

My idea:

The Buffalo Bills
Mr Wilson might own the them, but they are OUR team and we love them.
signed Bills Fans

(give to Hunter's Hope at website)

BigZ
01-11-2010, 07:12 AM
I have a poll up on BSD now
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/

I will leave it up all day Monday and all the way up until if necessary the moment comes that Cowher (hopefully doesnt) say he's not interested in the job.

If the vote is in favor of yes, that's the backup plan.. If not, back to the drawing board.

Meanwhile, I will have my guy start on a few alternative slogans Monday morning, just in case.

Great plan. Just voted. I still hope we're wrong and Cowher is coming. Pat, thanks for all the effort. You shouldn't be getting attacked for trying to inform us and do your job. Like I said in the post about attacks on Ralph Wilson, people in this forum need to DIAL BACK THE VENOM.

BigZ
01-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Contingency??? Really?

Isn't the message of the billboard basically about...

COMMITMENT?

Commitment to the fans, commitment to the organization, commitment to the area, commitment to winning? What kind of message is going to be sent if the COMMITMENT to the billboard is simply chucked after a day or so based on some dip****, talking heads, 'inside source' off the cuff comments?

Screw CONTINGENCY, stick with COMMITMENT.
Let the billboard stand, as is. Force the hand of the front office or Cowher's camp to publicly declare whether or not he is a serious player in this game. Pimp the hell out of it, and make them talk.

Best case scenario for the Cowher fans---he likes what he sees and comes.
Worst case scenario---Cowher jilts the team, and no other coach worth a broken piece of chalk wants to come within 1000 miles of Buffalo because they're 'not wanted'.

The choice has been made. The deal is done. Ride it out and see where it goes.

My take is that we won't do anything until this is confirmed. I agree, we shouldn' t change unless we know for certain he's not coming. I thought that was the question.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 07:29 AM
I donated to send a message to the Bills organization...

if Hunter's Hope is also on that message I'm ok.. but I did not donate just to promote a charity.

Run_Two_Three
01-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm sure I'll have a long day of media ridicule should Cowher isn't coming here news break the first day the billboard is up.

Since last night, I've seen you post this a few times, but I don't get it.

You started a billboard, as a way to let Ralph know who you wanted him to hire as Head Coach. That guy doesn't want to coach here. Why would the media ridicule you? It's not like you took out a billboard stating that Cowher WOULD be the next coach. You just said that you WANTED him to be the next coach.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 08:48 AM
^^^

He will be ridiculed by the anti-billboard people and the those who just like to attack those who post information

he can't win... most will not say anything but it only takes 10 or so meatheads

BrotherChazz
01-11-2010, 09:27 AM
^^^

Actually I believe he was concerned because he was the one who championed for the billboard, and then reported with finality that Cowher wasn't coming before the board even went up.

FlyingDutchman
01-11-2010, 09:30 AM
seriously lets just change the name to marty shottenhiemer on the billboard and move on

FlyingDutchman
01-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks for all the insite Pat. Come back soon. :rockout:

hes leaving? did i miss something? i appreciate the work he puts in

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Let's just pool money together and send a flaming bag of poop to Ralph's home with a note that says, "its not fun getting **** on your doorstep. thanks for nothing, douchebag."

If we raise the same amount of money, we can do this 16 times every sunday and see how he likes it.

naveed
01-11-2010, 11:37 AM
You missed the first post of this thread.

Run_Two_Three
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Yes he left this morning. And he's made 21 posts since then.

JD
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
10 years too late RALPH.

FlyingDutchman
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
You missed the first post of this thread.

ah, i had skipped to page 2 to start