PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be said...

elltrain22
01-11-2010, 08:24 AM
As I sit and read the bad news that we all sorta figured was inevitable, it makes me think of a few things that I'd like to get off my chest, and bring attention to, to other posters (and Bills fans).

1. Pat Moran, & Coach Sal we all owe a great amount of thanks to. Not just for always keeping us well informed (usually w/ bad news-not there fault). Not only do they work hard to keep us in the loop, but they stick there neck out, and face almost certain ridicule, from media big wigs, and unfortunately, even the members on this board. I thank you guys for everything you've done, and will continue to do. Don't let a few bad eggs spoil your attitudes, not that it ever would b/c you both are very strong willed men.

2. I hate it that we didn't get Cowher too. Matter of fact, I hate it w/ a passion. I dreamed, hoped, and even prayed (I literally did) that Cowher would be our coach. Although our dreams are shattered, doesn't mean that 2010 is already a failure. I was on the fence 2 weeks ago, saying "if don't get Cowher, our offseason is a disaster." Well, b/c of reality & b/c I'm a fan, I've rethought my position (I'll elaborate later). I believe, w/ all my heart, that our team did our best to get Cowher, but I don't think him and mainly his family wanted to make such a dramatic change of address. For that, I don't fault the man, where I do fault Cowher, is not coming out or maybe an associate of his coming out, and saying that he's not taking the Buffalo job. It is what it is, and we'll be a good team next year with or without him.

3. Just b/c we won't have Bill Cowher roaming the sidelines next season, doesn't mean we won't have a good coach. Who knows, whomever we hire, whether its Billick, Frazier, Schotty Jr or Sr, or Rivera, we owe it to ourselves, as die-hard fans, to give the new coach a chance. Although Frazier may seem to have a calm demeanor like Jauron, doesn't mean he IS Jauron. For all we know, he maybe a really great HC for this team. I'm certain if Frazier or Shotty Jr is our guy, hypothetically speaking, the national media would applaude the hire of either of these 2 guys. Not that the media, mainly ESPN, are always right, but to hear our team, in a positive connotation, is always a good thing.

4. We still have a draft, Free Agency, and a brand new regime, that hopefully can bring about the change we need. Anyone who is anyone, all says the same thing about Buddy Nix, that he knows football players, and w/ him at the helm, I trust he can make some good personal decisions regarding the draft and FA. I know I'll get heat for this point I'm trying to make, but we got all the junk outta town, and whos to say that these new guys won't do a good job. Its alot of what ifs and question marks, but I'd rather have that than what we've had for the last 10 crappy years.

5. Billieve in 2010!! Ya never know!!

mybills
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
That was nice.
I was reading that long ass thread about Pat's info on Cowher, and couldn't finish past page 7...did this question ever get answered...cuz it's all I wanted to know, too. "is he/she (the source) connected to Cowher or is he/she connected to the organization?"

SABURZFAN
01-11-2010, 08:31 AM
As I sit and read the bad news that we all sorta figured was inevitable, it makes me think of a few things that I'd like to get off my chest, and bring attention to, to other posters (and Bills fans).

1. Pat Moran, & Coach Sal we all owe a great amount of thanks to. Not just for always keeping us well informed (usually w/ bad news-not there fault). Not only do they work hard to keep us in the loop, but they stick there neck out, and face almost certain ridicule, from media big wigs, and unfortunately, even the members on this board. I thank you guys for everything you've done, and will continue to do. Don't let a few bad eggs spoil your attitudes, not that it ever would b/c you both are very strong willed men.

2. I hate it that we didn't get Cowher too. Matter of fact, I hate it w/ a passion. I dreamed, hoped, and even prayed (I literally did) that Cowher would be our coach. Although our dreams are shattered, doesn't mean that 2010 is already a failure. I was on the fence 2 weeks ago, saying "if don't get Cowher, our offseason is a disaster." Well, b/c of reality & b/c I'm a fan, I've rethought my position (I'll elaborate later). I believe, w/ all my heart, that our team did our best to get Cowher, but I don't think him and mainly his family wanted to make such a dramatic change of address. For that, I don't fault the man, where I do fault Cowher, is not coming out or maybe an associate of his coming out, and saying that he's not taking the Buffalo job. It is what it is, and we'll be a good team next year with or without him.

3. Just b/c we won't have Bill Cowher roaming the sidelines next season, doesn't mean we won't have a good coach. Who knows, whomever we hire, whether its Billick, Frazier, Schotty Jr or Sr, or Rivera, we owe it to ourselves, as die-hard fans, to give the new coach a chance. Although Frazier may seem to have a calm demeanor like Jauron, doesn't mean he IS Jauron. For all we know, he maybe a really great HC for this team. I'm certain if Frazier or Shotty Jr is our guy, hypothetically speaking, the national media would applaude the hire of either of these 2 guys. Not that the media, mainly ESPN, are always right, but to hear our team, in a positive connotation, is always a good thing.

4. We still have a draft, Free Agency, and a brand new regime, that hopefully can bring about the change we need. Anyone who is anyone, all says the same thing about Buddy Nix, that he knows football players, and w/ him at the helm, I trust he can make some good personal decisions regarding the draft and FA. I know I'll get heat for this point I'm trying to make, but we got all the junk outta town, and whos to say that these new guys won't do a good job. Its alot of what ifs and question marks, but I'd rather have that than what we've had for the last 10 crappy years.

here's my take...

1. Pat and Sal are awesome by me.

2. did you think that Cowher wanted to deal with a meddling owner?

3. they can't do any worse than Jauron, can they?

4. Nix needs to turn this ship around quickly but we know that he'll be handcuffed on some decisions he wants to make by The Old Fart.

5. i've been here through thick and thin and i plan on being here in 2010.

hydro
01-11-2010, 08:42 AM
That was nice.
I was reading that long ass thread about Pat's info on Cowher, and couldn't finish past page 7...did this question ever get answered...cuz it's all I wanted to know, too. "is he/she (the source) connected to Cowher or is he/she connected to the organization?"

NO

The source was Adam Shefter who he talked with.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
i just don't get what has changed? we still have no answer.

I get that it gets bleaker by the day, and of course once the 15th passes with hardly any news we'll know even our heros in Thurman and Kelly will have broken our hearts for yet another time.

Schefter and these talking head types, don't have a reputation to worry about. They are speculators. they gain nothing from being right, then lose nothing with being wrong.

If schefter says, "i'm 100% sure the bills won't get cowher" that means nothing. it simply means nothing. he won't get fired, people won't stop watchign his stuff or reading his articles. it's his opinion.

granted the bills are still along shot, but i just don't know why cowher won't just close this thing and let it die.

Again, the bills are reaping what they sowed. even if ralph genuinely had a change of heart and wanted a winner and was going to be totally hands off, he brought this impossibility on himself.

At this point, he should step down as owner of this team and sell it if need be. His presence has made it virtually impossible to field a 2010 season. The best defensive player doesn't want to be here (schobel), the ST coach who was the only positive thing on the sidelines for the last 5 years coaching left in a huff, there is zero value on the offense outside of jackson, and we can't get coordinators to even look at us seriously.

And this is all knowing that we are willing to pay over market rates. Truly this is a pathetic owner who has no business still "running the team"

I've said this a 1000 times, but it is stunning how every time you wonder, "how can it get any worse", he answers the bell.

And i don't get his motivation. He could have taken the team to more profitable pastures, years ago. So clearly there is something about buffalo he likes. but he refuses to give the fans what they more than deserve.

I hope ralph wilson will forever be known as the miser who didn't give two ****s about anyone but himself and his ego. 50 years of pissing on the bills has cemented it for himself.

SABURZFAN
01-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I hope ralph wilson will forever be known as the miser who didn't give two ****s about anyone but himself and his ego. 50 years of pissing on the bills has cemented it for himself.

:bf1:

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Eltrain, thank you.

Pat and Coach Sal, thank you.

I am relatively new to this board, but even since I have shown up here, there has been an influx of new posters. I would call them contributors, but they are not contributing. The sad part is, they are here because this board had more info than anywhere else, due to Pat and Coach Sal, and now they are getting nasty because they didn't hear what they wanted to hear.

Eltrain, you said it, man. We will move on, if people want to jump ship because of Cowher, whatever. I am a Bills fan, not a Cowher fan, hell, I'm not really even an NFL fan. I am a Bills fan.

I am going to root for this team, regardless of who they hire, but I still have my fingers crossed that we get a good coach. I believe in Nix, I am sure I am just a Kool-Aid drinking...whatever.

Go Bills!

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 09:46 AM
beebe, i hear you, but at some point, doesn't it hurt to be taken advantage of? How much clearer can ralph wilson make it to us that he simply doesn't care about being a relative NFL team?

1. the guy kept jauron after a 2-8 fall with the easiest schedule
2. He allowed for the OL to be fired the week before the season and expected us to be a winner?
3. he allowed for the OC to be fired a week before the season. And that OC was a greener version of a dud, and AVP was even greener than turk.
4. he meddles with the draft and has us take dwight whatever in 2007, in 2008, they have to take another RB, and they let him go to put in a WR that is clearly showing himself to be a bust.
5. He keeps this GM by committee until 2010, but when he claims he wants a real winner, just promotes a guy who is a great scout but not a proven GM.
6. Keeps this myth up that Brandon is a great marketing guy. Come on, the guy is tasked with selling football in buffalo. How hard is that? It's not like we're asking him to sell pizza hut wings in duffs.

This team went from simply bad and unlucky in 2000-2003, to excruciatingly pathetic and unwatchable. I hope the old man gets what he rightfully deserves after the 2010 season. 0-16 and enough boo's that fill his rich ears with the embarassment he's brought upon himself.

elltrain22
01-11-2010, 09:51 AM
beebe, i hear you, but at some point, doesn't it hurt to be taken advantage of? How much clearer can ralph wilson make it to us that he simply doesn't care about being a relative NFL team?

1. the guy kept jauron after a 2-8 fall with the easiest schedule
2. He allowed for the OL to be fired the week before the season and expected us to be a winner?
3. he allowed for the OC to be fired a week before the season. And that OC was a greener version of a dud, and AVP was even greener than turk.
4. he meddles with the draft and has us take dwight whatever in 2007, in 2008, they have to take another RB, and they let him go to put in a WR that is clearly showing himself to be a bust.
5. He keeps this GM by committee until 2010, but when he claims he wants a real winner, just promotes a guy who is a great scout but not a proven GM.
6. Keeps this myth up that Brandon is a great marketing guy. Come on, the guy is tasked with selling football in buffalo. How hard is that? It's not like we're asking him to sell pizza hut wings in duffs.

This team went from simply bad and unlucky in 2000-2003, to excruciatingly pathetic and unwatchable. I hope the old man gets what he rightfully deserves after the 2010 season. 0-16 and enough boo's that fill his rich ears with the embarassment he's brought upon himself.

Can't really argue w/ any of that. Ralph really has dug a tremendous hole, but it still shouldn't kill our spirits so much so, that we hate this team, rather than love this team. I'm not question yours or anyones love or dedication, heck, if you weren't a fan, why would you be on a message board, when you're supposed to probably working. I'm just saying Cowher a no, boo-hoo. Give the new regime a chance; maybe we hire a good staff, and maybe we'll get some good FA's and do well in the draft. Ya never know. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was business as usual, but lets hope its not.

Historian
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
6. Come on, the guy is tasked with selling football in buffalo. How hard is that? It's not like we're asking him to sell pizza hut wings in duffs.

:rofl:

Well put.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
elltrain, i know what you are saying. of course, part of me is all talk. i'm addicted to the damn bills. so i have to watch them implode week in week out.

but what we know is clear is ralph won't sign the second level coach and say, "ok, we need to get this guy good coordinators and good players with depth." he'll figure out "what is the bare ass minimum that i can get away with and when they all get hurt, what actors from the replacements would be willing to try to be real NFL players?"

and with that, they put out a brand of football that is so boring and so predictable. That game in atlanta was unforgivable.

If i had my name on a stadium or my dad's name on the stadium, i would never allow the product inside that stadium be as disgraceful as what he as allowed. I wouldn't pay lipservice to buffalo and then screw them some more.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 10:11 AM
1. Yes I thank Coach Sal and pat for thier efforts.

2. The fat lady maybe warming up but she hasn't sung yet.

3. We'll see but history has already pretty much dictated that they cannot pick the right up and coming guy... They just suck at it, and the odds are very high they will **** this up too.

4. We can hope, but without a real HC that is well respected in the NFL FA's are going to do the same thing most coaching candidates are telling us. Thanks but no thanks

5. Sorry my faith is slipping fast. I'm done with blind faith. I expect the worst... I've witnessed more screw ups then genius from this organization and I will need to see that this team is different by proving they are a SB contender before I can feel anything positive...

'
Does anyone beleive that a Coordinator as a 1st time HC in Buffalo is going to return us to the playoffs in 1-2 years.... Possible yes, but for the bills very unlikely.. the organization just reeks of ineptness, and somehow Ralph will still have decision interaction and that is all ANY OF US NEEDS TO KNOW in regards to a possible turn around

Zero
01-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I've been a fan since 1987, and though that may not seem like along time to some of you, for me it has been an eternity. But I have never felt as hopeless about this teams future as I do now. Its depressing...

Thief
01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I guess I am lost. May I have a link to Cowher or a member of the Bills payroll saying we are not going to get Cowher?

EDS
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM

I think as fans of the team we have earned the right over the past decade to question everything the organization does.

When the owner says big changes are coming and money is no object, expectations are not unreasonably raised by the faithful Bills nation (i.e., we expect something different from this next rebuilding project). Failure to follow through on those promises raises questions.

When a floundering organization in need of a complete revamping of its football operations, rather than look outside its walls for new ideas, instead looks within and promotes a 70 year old scout to the GM position, it raises questions.

When that newly appointed GM says he wants an experienced head coach, and he goes out and interviews coordinators, it raises questions.

Of course all these questions could be answered in a positive manner. Yes the Bills could do well in 2010. Until these things come to fruition I will view all actions by OBD with a critical eye. Guilty until proven innocent.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM

:fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: