• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Billboard up, but will it matter?

Buffalo fans wanting Bill Cowher were ready to pony up their own money to pay for a billboard, and now the message is up for everyone to see. The billboard made its debut on the I-190 North early Monday morning.
    But will it matter?

All indications are that Cowher will not be roaming the Bills sideline come autumn 2010. Several NFL “insiders” including Adam Schefter of ESPN have claimed Cowher will not come to Buffalo. Schefter took to his twitter publicly on Sunday afternoon and sent me a direct message personally claiming his arrival is anything but imminent.
    Wilson’s reputation could be the biggest deterrent in landing a proven coach.
    “Mr. Wilson has done a great job of keeping the Bills in Buffalo for the past 50 years, but the bottom line is he doesn’t have a very good reputation among coaches and front office personnel in the league,” a former player told me. “He’s done a lot of things that have rubbed people the wrong way in circles and I expect them to struggle to land a guy like Cowher. Their reputations and way they do things don’t mesh well.”
    Cowher may not be the only fish the Bills can’t reel in. According to multiple reports the team can’t even secure a pair of interviews with coordinator candidates.
    ESPN’s John Clayton says the Bills will ask to speak to Russ Grimm on Monday and Grimm will decline. The team was also interested in Ron Rivera, but the San Diego Tribune is reporting that Rivera declined their overture.
    Yes, respected coordinators would rather remain in their role than become Buffalo’s next head coach. That’s what it’s come to in Western New York.

FULL STORY

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Billboard up, but will it matter?

“Mr. Wilson has done a great job of keeping the Bills in Buffalo for the past 50 years, but the bottom line is he doesn’t have a very good reputation among coaches and front office personnel in the league,” a former player told me. “He’s done a lot of things that have rubbed people the wrong way in circles and I expect them to struggle to land a guy like Cowher. Their reputations and way they do things don’t mesh well.”

nuf said.....

The Old Fart needs to go.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kingmixer
      • Jan 2010

A funeral will be the big splash we need.

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

If this team and ownership is really THAT bad and never has a chance at being competitive or acquiring quality personnel, sell the team and move them to who cares where. Better for the people to keep their money than continue to waste it on a defunct product that will do nothing but lose perpetually.

Comment

• capitolneal
          • Sep 2003

Wow that is tough to digest 2 coordinators turn down a chance to become head coach.... I giess you reap what you sow, this has been a ollecoaster of an off-season and hell its 8 days old

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

LMAO....

I'm sure glad 2010 is starting off in the ****ter

Change the billboard to say.. "Ralph stop holding the Bills hostage"

Comment

• Risin
              • Aug 2004

This doesn't surprise me, as I'm sure it doesn't most Bills fans.

Ralph is the number one reason our franchise is in the shape it is, whether we like it or not.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

nuf said.....

The Old Fart needs to go.
                Sadly, this is boiling down to the only legitimate answer to the question of what is plaguing this franchise. No other reason stands as viable anymore. It is, quite simply, Ralph Wilson's fault.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                  shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                  • Mar 2007

Nice billboard. If the answer was definitely NO, the chin would have said so.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

there she is gang

Comment

• M
                      • Aug 2006

Could these OCs and Dcs be declining just because they are still in the playoff hunt? Just looking for any ray of hope here.
                      Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                        shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                        • Mar 2007

Maybe the Billboard will change his mind. He hasnt officially declined the job.

Comment

• Mr Hotstepper
                          Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

I hope all you TOS violation are glad you spent your money on it.

We all knew full well it would have ZERO effect on what actually happened.

Why don't you guys just hold a pep rally? It'd be free.
                          Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 01-11-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr Hotstepper
                            I hope all you TOS violation are glad you spent your money on it.

We all knew full well it would have ZERO effect on what actually happened.

Why don't you guys just hold a pep rally? It'd be free.
                            The effect will not be zero to Hunter's Hope, which is by far a more meaningful cause anyway.

At this point, screw the Bills. Better things in life than toiling over something which none of us have any real control over anyway. There are proven ways to win, if the owner doesn't want to win, they won't. Period.
                            Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 01-11-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CTBills97
                              Could these OCs and Dcs be declining just because they are still in the playoff hunt? Just looking for any ray of hope here.

I think we know our answer.. Ralph needs to step down 100% from this team

until then most are going to stay put because the Bills organization has no stability at all....

the sad thing is... Ralph doens't have the common decency to realize he is 91 years old and incapable of being a decision maker... and that is sad.. because if Ralph wanted a lasting legacy he has pretty much thrown it out the window.

and what is sadder is he obvioulsy has no idea how much pain he is causing the fans... SOme might think it is only football and only a game, but for many it is a passion and the last 10 years has ripped our hearts out

Comment

Working...
                              X