X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chain Gang
    • Feb 2009

Chris Berman

Probably get ripped for this but what he heck........

He presented Ralph for the hall---did anyone other than me scratch you head on that one?.......he has a passion for this team, we all now that........we all talk about the reputation that exists regarding our team in the NFL circles.....we all talk about how the media, especially the national media bash us repeatedly........I say its time for Chris to become engaged in getting that turned around......and it needs to happen sooner rather than later.
    The ownership situation needs to be addressed.......could he asisist with conversations with Ralph somehow? How close is he to him?
    If we truly lose out on a Cowher becuase of situations as they are being reported then now is the time to strike........
    Been a fan for 40 years and I am sick of us continually being the butt end of jokes and a recent bottom dweller.

Personally that was the number one reason I hoped that Cowher would happen----it gives us IMMEDIATE credibiltiy again and hopefully makes people sit up and take notice that we are serious...serious about winning and serious about restoring a winning tradition to this team and this fan base----one of the very best there is.

As Buddy Nix would say.....I am not the smartest fellow.....but this isn't rocket science.

"First dowwwwwn!"
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Chris Berman

Members of the media cannot afford to tie themselves directly to a situation like this. They are supposed to remain unbiased. We all realize Berman pulls for the Bills (along with about 4 other teams it seems) but he has no place in this unfortunately.

Comment

• BigZ
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Chain Gang

He presented Ralph for the hall---did anyone other than me scratch you head on that one?.......he has a passion for this team, we all now that........we all talk about the reputation that exists regarding our team in the NFL circles.....we all talk about how the media, especially the national media bash us repeatedly........I say its time for Chris to become engaged in getting that turned around......and it needs to happen sooner rather than later.
      The ownership situation needs to be addressed.......could he asisist with conversations with Ralph somehow? How close is he to him?
      If we truly lose out on a Cowher becuase of situations as they are being reported then now is the time to strike........
      Been a fan for 40 years and I am sick of us continually being the butt end of jokes and a recent bottom dweller.

Personally that was the number one reason I hoped that Cowher would happen----it gives us IMMEDIATE credibiltiy again and hopefully makes people sit up and take notice that we are serious...serious about winning and serious about restoring a winning tradition to this team and this fan base----one of the very best there is.

As Buddy Nix would say.....I am not the smartest fellow.....but this isn't rocket science.
      Good idea. I have no idea on how to make it happen though maybe we all ought to email Berman if we can find a way to contact him!

Comment

• Zero
        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Chain Gang

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but its highly improbable that Berman would ever get involved with the buisness aspect of this franchise. Berman is just a fan, like most of us here. Sure he'll root the team on and such, but thats about it. That would be like us Knick fans here in NY pleading for Spike Lee to intervene for the betterment of the franchise- very unlikey. Unless these guys are going to be put on the payroll, all they'll do is cheer, boo and offer opinions. In Berman's case, he'll do it on ESPN and that's it.
        Last edited by Zero; 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          Members of the media cannot afford to tie themselves directly to a situation like this. They are supposed to remain unbiased. We all realize Berman pulls for the Bills (along with about 4 other teams it seems) but he has no place in this unfortunately.

Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Cntrygal
            Yeah, less than subtle hint, doesn't seem to have done much though.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Couldn't hurt to give a wink and a nod on our behalf if Berman just happened to run into Cowher at a social event. Completely off the record, of course.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mike
                • Jan 2009

We all have to remember that the Bills Are NOT OUR TEAM... we think they are but they are not! They belong to Ralph Wilson, they are his team, we are just fans. We make no decisions, we have no control, what we want only matters as much as the bottom line. So in light of this, what can Berman do, nothing!

On another note. The NFL, and poor franchises try to sell us this idea of being a 'die hard fan' as if it is superior to being a 'fair weather fan'. I feel that this is ultimately a deception. We are being duped into paying high dollar towards supporting a product, in this case entertainment, which is of poor quality in the name of loyalty, and this my friends in UnAmerican! As American we should support quality, no mediocrity, so when someone says 'be a die hard fan' remeber that it is ultimantly about the Money!

The worst part, all the Loyalty is one sided. When Given the Opportunity, time has shown that these NFL Teams have no Problem moving from city to city to sooth the bottom line. So, don't be someone bottom line, be an individual, and have the guts to say NO to being a die hard fan or supporting mediocrity and the piss poor entertainment that has become the Buffalo Bills.
                Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                X