Are Bills Fans deterring Coaches from coming here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Are Bills Fans deterring Coaches from coming here?

Was just reading Pat Moran's article about Cowher not coming here and the article also mentions how Rivera has declined an interview as well as Russ Grimm who is most likely going to decline today. John Fox also apparently has no interest in coming to Buffalo. Marty doesn't want to be here either apparently.

So all these coaches would rather do NFL shows, stay retired or remain Coordinators than become the HC of the Bills.

I honestly think that people in NFL circles:

A: Don't like what Wilson brings to the table in terms of providing resources which reduces their ability to compete.

B: In conjunction with A, I am really am starting to believe that the way we ridiculed Jauron and the FO on the Billboard got national attention in a negative way.

Who would want to coach in Buffalo after we embarrassed Jauron (who is a well respected guy in the league) and his family in such a disrespectful way.

Bills fans (especially the ones who provided the Billboard) can blame themselves for quality HC candidates not wanting to come here to get subjected to that kind of fate.

I realize Bills fans wanted to make a difference and FORCE change but generally, other coaches watching around the league will not respond well when coaches they have worked with, know, and respect are torn down like that.

Bills fans made their bed, now lie in it and wait for Joe Shmo to come be our HC.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 01-11-2010, 10:46 AM.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Are Bills Fans deterring Coaches from coming here?

Originally posted by Mahdi
    Was just reading Pat Moran's article about Cowher not coming here and the article also mentions how Rivera has declined an interview as well as Russ Grimm who is most likely going to decline today. John Fox also apparently has no interest in coming to Buffalo. Marty doesn't want to be here either apparently.

So all these coaches would rather do NFL shows, stay retired or remain Coordinators than become the HC of the Bills.

I honestly think that people in NFL circles:

A: Don't like what Wilson brings to the table in terms of providing resources which reduces their ability to compete.

B: In conjunction with A, I am really am starting to believe that the way we ridiculed Jauron and the FO on the Billboard got national attention in a negative way.

Who would want to coach in Buffalo after we embarrassed Jauron (who is a well respected guy in the league) and his family in such a disrespectful way.

Bills fans (especially the ones who provided the Billboard) can blame themselves for quality HC candidates not wanting to come here to get subjected to that kind of fate.

I realize Bills fans wanted to make a difference and FORCE change but generally, other coaches watching around the league will not respond well when coaches they have worked with, know, and respect are torn down like that.

Bills fans made their bed, now lie in it and wait for Joe Shmo to come be our HC.
    I always respect your opinions, but do you honestly think that the billboard is the reason we're going to end up with Frazier or someone like that, instead of Cowher, Marty S. or Billick?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

The Jauron billboard was disgraceful and embarrassing.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Jauron was disgraceful and embarassing. The billboard was just an offshoot of that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Complete agreement Mahdi.

Ridiculing our former coach and attempting to name our own head coach...why in the world would a top tier guy want to come here? The fans have shown they will turn on our coach and publicly attempt to embarass him.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            I always respect your opinions, but do you honestly think that the billboard is the reason we're going to end up with Frazier or someone like that, instead of Cowher, Marty S. or Billick?
            I honestly believe that the KILL JAURON Billboard brought some serious negative attention our way and now we are seen as a crappy place to go coach.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
              Jauron was disgraceful and embarassing. The billboard was just an offshoot of that.
              Just because the man failed to win with a crappy team it doesn't mean fans should stoop to such a level.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I see your point.

(BTW, the Jauron billboard wasn't me)

Fans have sat by for a decade and watched us lose. They want major changes and are sick of it.

That's my personal rationale.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

We attempted to name Cowher as the only coach we would accept as the next HC. If you're Shotty why in the hell would you go coach where you're clearly not wanted.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I see your point.

(BTW, the Jauron billboard wasn't me)

Fans have sat by for a decade and watched us lose. They want major changes and are sick of it.

That's my personal rationale.
                    That's fine and if you want attack the decision maker, in Wilson. Not the coaches, and don't attempt to take measures into your own hands.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      Jauron was a bad head coach. No doubt.

That in no way justifies publicly humiliating the man and his family.

It was a childish, petty idea.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        We attempted to name Cowher as the only coach we would accept as the next HC. If you're Shotty why in the hell would you go coach where you're clearly not wanted.
                        Reason #3.

Comment

• Mr Hotstepper
                          Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

75,000 in a blizzard in January to watch their 5 win team play backups.

I don't think the fans are the problem.

We all know that it's Ralph. He's the one who actually fired Jauron mid season.

He's the one who doesn't resign his own proven vets, and who doesn't come within $30 million of the cap.

Not the fans.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

Oh I see. The fire Jauron billboard can persuade another coach not to come here but another billboard asking that one come to Buffalo won't do anything. Got it
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

that isn't proper logic. these coaches know that they are judged immediately. perhaps we shouldn't boo these individuals.

The fact is ralph kept jauron in his misery. If he would have sacked him when he should have (2-8 with the easiest schedule), fans wouldn't have to clamour for it. and the billboard didn't do anything. it was the fact a different old geezer gave ralph the finger....twice.

And this billboard won't do anything either. but it sure feels nice to pretty much show ralph that that is what we want and without it, he's not getting our season ticket money next year.

The message needed to be sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X