PDA

View Full Version : More and More

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Our owner won't spend money. Period. We haven't come within $30 million of the cap in years. Only Tampa spends less.

Coaches won't come here, not even coordinators. Why?
- They won't have the resources needed to win. Why should they come here and be unemployed again in 2-3 years when they can wait a year for a real opportunity?
- Don't underestimate the Mike Mularkey situation in deterring coaches. The guy resigned after 2 years. Why? Do you think he just kept it to himself or do you think he told everybody he knows?

This is the beginning of the downward sprial, I feel. I was very excited entering this off season. I mean, Seattle (The SEATTLE ******* SEAHAWKS) can get the coach they want in 1 day. But we can't. Is it cuz they have a nicer stadium?

As this trend continues, coaches won't come here, players won't come here. Soon, rookies are going to hold out and try to reenter the draft the following year rather than play in Buffalo.

The only out is a new owner. And that will spell relocation.

It's starting to look pretty bleek, IMO.

SabreEleven
01-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Our owner won't spend money. Period. We haven't come within $30 million of the cap in years. Only Tampa spends less.

Coaches won't come here, not even coordinators. Why?
- They won't have the resources needed to win. Why should they come here and be unemployed again in 2-3 years when they can wait a year for a real opportunity?
- Don't underestimate the Mike Mularkey situation in deterring coaches. The guy resigned after 2 years. Why? Do you think he just kept it to himself or do you think he told everybody he knows?

This is the beginning of the downward sprial, I feel. I was very excited entering this off season. I mean, Seattle (The SEATTLE ******* SEAHAWKS) can get the coach they want in 1 day. But we can't. Is it cuz they have a nicer stadium?

As this trend continues, coaches won't come here, players won't come here. Soon, rookies are going to hold out and try to reenter the draft the following year rather than play in Buffalo.

The only out is a new owner. And that will spell relocation.

It's starting to look pretty bleek, IMO.

I blame a billboard :rolleyes:

Run_Two_Three
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Ok, you've succeeded in thoroughly depressing me.

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Ok, you've succeeded in thoroughly depressing me.

Hey, I have read your posts and I generally like most of the things you say, even though we've both only been here for a short period of time. I feel that new posters are getting ridiculed because a lot of people are trolling around.

That is not my intention, and believe me, nobody wants the Bills to do great more than I do. (I think I'm on here enough to prove that)

But it's just looking awfully Raiderish around here. They are about to fire Cable, but who in they're right mind would coach in Oakland? It'll be interesting to see if they can get a better coach than we can.

They've fired 2 in the last year and half. 3 in the last 3. You would think that would scare a coach away more than anything that has happened here.

But, let's face it, this is a small market. Sure, we sell out the stadium, but from a residual income perspective this place blows. Whattya gonna do? Used car commercials?

It looks more and more like we are being blackballed and a conspiracy to get Ralph to let go and let the team move would not shock me at all. The fact that Jacksonville rarely even gets mentioned in reloc talks makes me feel that the NFL, probably Goodell included, wants us in LA.