X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

So is this it???

Is the only change to the front office the hiring of Buddy Nix and promoting Russ Brandon?

Could this be the reason the Bills can't even get people to interview for the job? Who would want to come in here and work with a front office with a track record like that as talent evaluators?

This organization is screwed up... and it starts with Ralph.
    Draft Gabbert at #3!
  • Billz_fan
    • Jan 2003

Re: So is this it???

Originally posted by Commissioner
    Is the only change to the front office the hiring of Buddy Nix and promoting Russ Brandon?

Could this be the reason the Bills can't even get people to interview for the job? Who would want to come in here and work with a front office with a track record like that as talent evaluators?

Your on the right track
    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

As I stated before, the Nix hire is looking very bad right now and it is killing our chances of getting this thing turned around. He was the wrong hire and it is starting to show why.

Comment

• Zero
        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
        • Oct 2004

If we were to hire Shotty or Cowher, then the Nix hire looks like a savvy play.

Without either of the two, it just looks like same ol' Ralph , promoting from within and hiring on the cheap.

Comment

• Cleve
          • Oct 2004

Is there some news today about the front office? What prompted this topic?

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
          per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Commissioner
            • Dec 2004

I really don't want John Guy evaluating any football players...
            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Commissioner
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Cleve
              Is there some news today about the front office? What prompted this topic?
              I was just thinking in the shower and it struck me that nothing has really changed....

I guess hearing that Rivera and Grimm may not even interview got me thinking...
              Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

I was just thinking in the shower and it struck me that nothing has really changed....

I guess hearing that Rivera and Grimm may not even interview got me thinking...
                Nope. Nothing has changed. It starts at the top, and when the top of your organization (the front office) hasn't really changed, then fans can expect things to stay status quo as far as drafting and player performance goes. Unless the Bills dump Modrak, Guy and anyone else responsible for drafting and free agents, then things will stay as ****ty as they are now. The Bills need a new fresh perspective and Nix isn't enough to provide that.

Fans should be very disappointed right now. Only a Cowher, Shotty or someone of that caliber would make things seem 'OK', but no one with that kind of credibility is going to come here.

The Bills will have to come up with another stupid gimmick like TO to sell tickets this Summer.
                Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-11-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Cleve
                  • Oct 2004

I agree - if a new head coach is going to be stuck with the same scouts that helped deliver 10 years of failure, and the new coach cannot get rid of them, then the Bills will never attract a top notch coach.

Another big problem with attracting a quality coach - Bob Matthews and Sal Maiorana were discussing Thursday night on 1180 WHAM in Rochester that this is a terrible year to try and find a new quarterback - a quality quarterback is a huge need, else we're destined for another losing season. There are very few 'free agent' QBs available, and it's a bad year to try and fix this huge problem.

Ralph Wilson's timing on his changes are very questionable, IMO. If last January he'd fired Jauron, Shonert, and the rest of the coaching, he might have been able to get us a coach and a quarterback. Without the quarterback we might not get the coach, I'm sorry to say.

Ultimately, we might blame this on Marv Levy's regime, which basically stuck us with MAUR-on, LOSE-man, BLITZ-patrick, and DEAD-wards.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                  per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Mr Hotstepper
                    Zoner
                    • Jan 2010

Nix Brandon and Modrak I can live with.

John Guy I cannot.

How he's here is beyond me. Get ready for a backup olinement at 12:01 on free agency night.

Probably from the NFC north or more specifically - Green Bay's practice squad.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Blaming the Nix hiring just straight BS. The guy is more respected around the league then our entire franchise.

Comment

• Commissioner
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by madness
                        Blaming the Nix hiring just straight BS. The guy is more respected around the league then our entire franchise.
                        I'm not blaming Nix... have no problem with him... but how much can he do with the rest of the shmucks still there? How much power does he have over them?
                        Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                          • Sep 2009

I keep saying I think Russ is the deal breaker here. If you really look at it, Russ holds the same position as Parcells and Holmgrem do with their teams. Don't tell me any different either because Russ has been going with Buddy on the interviews. I thought we were told Russ was not going to be part of the football ops. I find this to be the real problem here. Say what you want but I think Russ is Buddy's boss.

Comment

Working...
                          X