PDA

View Full Version : I didn't get a chance to interview Jim Kelly, but.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I did talk at length with Julie Fine (Channel 7) who's going into the ballroom at Ilio DiPaolo's to over Jim's charity lunch fundraiser today (and btw, I was wrong, it wasnt for Hunter's Hope but rather Kelly for Kids)

Anyway, I told her to absolutely talk to Jim about Bill Cowher. I assume she's not much a sports person, so I advised her that Kelly has been a big advocate of Cowher and has had a lot to say about him.

So hopefully on Channel 7 this evening Kelly will be on camera to say something.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for nothing haha

but good work atleast trying hopefully something comes out...not trying to bash you like others

Historian
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
So no autograph?

Historian
Julie Fine

BANG!!!

Boomstick
As always, Thank You, Pat. Hopefully she can get a little something from Jim on the situation.

baseballdad
01-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks Pat for the digging. Sounds like you might not be as convinced as you were last night? If you are not as convinced why?

Also did you get all those knife wounds stitched up from the ambush last night?

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 12:01 PM
thanks for diggin Pat.. not everyone appreciates what you are tyring to accomplish, but those of us with a brain do

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks Pat for the digging. Sounds like you might not be as convinced as you were last night? If you are not as convinced why?

Also did you get all those knife wounds stitched up from the ambush last night?

I'm still convinced, but like all of you, I absolutely want to hear what Jim Kelly has to say.

WagonCircler
01-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Wow. Illio's has a ballroom now? God, I haven't been there in a long time.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
BANG!!!
Nuh uh..

BUCKS

don137
01-11-2010, 12:06 PM
LOL...Since she wanted to interview someone on this site she very possibly could be on this site today and you guys are playing the Bang or Bucks game with her.

Neubs24
01-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Wow. Illio's has a ballroom now? God, I haven't been there in a long time.

Theyve had them as long as I can remember (early 90's).

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
As usual, thanks for nothing, Pat.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:15 PM
LOL...Since she wanted to interview someone on this site she very possibly could be on this site today and you guys are playing the Bang or Bucks game with her.

In that case I change my mind to bang.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:16 PM

Yer welcome partner.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 12:18 PM

Oh thanks for the 60+ pointless post

atleast pat has been trying to get information sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't what have you done.

o ya 63 annoying posts on a message board

Demon
This needed it's own thread. wow.

Slow news day i see.

BloFan4Life
I did talk at length with Julie Fine (Channel 7) who's going into the ballroom at Ilio DiPaolo's to over Jim's charity lunch fundraiser today (and btw, I was wrong, it wasnt for Hunter's Hope but rather Kelly for Kids)

Anyway, I told her to absolutely talk to Jim about Bill Cowher. I assume she's not much a sports person, so I advised her that Kelly has been a big advocate of Cowher and has had a lot to say about him.

So hopefully on Channel 7 this evening Kelly will be on camera to say something.

I thought you already came on here and said Cowher will not be the coach. If so, why do you care what Kelly says. You already said your "sources" said he wasn't going to be here.

Do you not trust your sources?!?!

Mathja
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Pat,

I tried to be constructive last night and not attack. I actually can't believe you would catch slack for this post -- that's way overboard....just spillover from last night i guess. it will go away soon enough.

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
This needed it's own thread. wow.

Slow news day i see.

Slow "rumor mongoring" day you mean...

I don't see why he just doesn't make something up. That's what everybody usually does.

Pat I got an idea, change this to say that you did talk to Kelly, and you asked him about Schefter and he said "Schefter doesn't know what he's talking about"

That way, people can all try to read between the lines that Jim Kelly, who literally has no title, position, job or anything with our franchise, eluded to Cowher coming here.

Now that's news! Go to my website!!

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh thanks for the 60+ pointless post

atleast pat has been trying to get information sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't what have you done.

o ya 63 annoying posts on a message board

I don't look at my post count number. It means nothing.

I've been a Bills fan for 20 years, and I know reporting when I see it.

I also know when a new thread is not needed...and this is a prime example.

Don't reply or read my posts. I don't care what you think.:pirate2:

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
hey hotshots.

I was just in the same building as Jim Kelly. As he's a Cowher advocate, I was hoping to get a chance to interview him. Unfortunately that didnt happen (its a charity function)

So, a reporter from Channel 7 was there to talk about the billboard with me, and after the interview I strongly recommended she, besides covering what she's there for, talked to Kelly and asked him for Cowher. Perhaps he could shoot down the "he's not coming" talk or maybe confirm it. Obviously, he's been involved .

So if Julie does get him on camera, then that is "news"

As for what I said last night, I completely stand by what I sad.. I do not think Bill Cowher will be the coach.

As a fan, I hope he is.

Regards.

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
hey hotshots.

I was just in the same building as Jim Kelly. As he's a Cowher advocate, I was hoping to get a chance to interview him. Unfortunately that didnt happen (its a charity function)

So, a reporter from Channel 7 was there to talk about the billboard with me, and after the interview I strongly recommended she, besides covering what she's there for, talked to Kelly and asked him for Cowher. Perhaps he could shoot down the "he's not coming" talk or maybe confirm it. Obviously, he's been involved .

As for what I said last night, I completely stand by what I sad.. I do not think Bill Cowher will be the coach.

As a fan, I hope he is.

Regards.

Well I know he won't and could've told you that any day over the last 15 years!

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 12:35 PM

LMAO... what kills me is you actually are happy to see this fail

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
LMAO... what kills me is you actually are happy to see this fail

No, I'm not happy to see Cowher not come here. I would have been happy with it. There are few things about him that turn me off, such as the fact he quit his last job and appeared burnt out, but I would've been happy.

People weren't all up in arms about Cowher when we first heard of him. It was reported we'd go after Cowher the same week we heard we'd go after Shanahan.

BUT, the people around here dug as deep as possible and reported literally ANYTHING that would be make a fan want Cowher. I heard this I heard that. They pushed it and pushed it enough to make fans get attached to it.

This guy, Moran, even went as far to organize a billboard calling for a Cowher hire. It's irresponsible reporting to pursuede a contingent of fans to want something so bad when we all know full well, even at the peak of its possiblity, was still an EXTREME longshot.

It started with Sal, and the only people who have continually fed the Cowher monster are Sal, Moran, and T-Long.

All the real reporters have been shooting this down since the Atlanta game!

El Guapo
01-11-2010, 12:42 PM

All knowing are we? Who, then, will the next coach be? Better yet, give me the lottery numbers. You seem to think you have all the answers...

And thanks, Pat. Keep it up.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
All these new posters seem like old posters with Diff names

FlyingDutchman
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't look at my post count number. It means nothing.

I've been a Bills fan for 20 years, and I know reporting when I see it.

I also know when a new thread is not needed...and this is a prime example.

Don't reply or read my posts. I don't care what you think.:pirate2:

Dude what the hell does Pat owe you?

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Slow "rumor mongoring" day you mean...

I don't see why he just doesn't make something up. That's what everybody usually does.

now this is too funny

Ya tear every rumor out there that gives Cowher a chance apart, but when Pat tries not to deliver false info and just posts what he can that is backed up you actually tell him to make something up.

is it repetitive .. yeah it is and can be over bearing... but at least you know it wasn't "made up" so when he does get a scoop in the future you can at least be semi-assured that Pat didn't make it up.

Canadian'eh!
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
In that case I change my mind to bang.

She'd actually prefer you to stick to BUCKS.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
She'd actually prefer you to stick to BUCKS.
LOL.
That's ok.. the only one I am waiting on is call from WIVB's Melissa Holmes.

That would take some major buckage to stray away from bang

Canadian'eh!
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
hey hotshots.

As a fan, I hope he is.

Regards.

What kind of half-ass reporting is this?

Steal some credentials that gets you the **** in, OR promise the remaining Billboard money to the charity in order to get your ass next to Jim and ask him about this.

1- Jim, Are you Joe Logan's source?
2- Schefter and others are adamant there's no chance, they tend to be right, do you have anything to prove otherwise?
3- Can you PLEASE make an effing comeback.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:04 PM
What kind of half-ass reporting is this?

Steal some credentials that gets you the **** in, OR promise the remaining Billboard money to the charity in order to get your ass next to Jim and ask him about this.

1- Jim, Are you Joe Logan's source?
2- Schefter and others are adamant there's no chance, they tend to be right, do you have anything to prove otherwise?
3- Can you PLEASE make an effing comeback.

LOL.

1- I dont think he is, but it wouldnt shock me.
2. I specificially asked Julie to ask Jim this, I HEAVILY mentioned its ESPN that is reporting it.
3- I honestly think Kelly could've put up the same numbers our QBS did this year.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 01:11 PM
i wish the original post said, "but i saved 15% on car insurance. Geico"

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
On a side note, I'm done with the message board for a
while. For a variety or reasons, the Zone lately isn't what it used to be. I'm sure I have my fair share of blame too, whatever. I'm tired of defending myself and what I do, it's just straight up not worth it.

Per my promtional partnership agreement with Billszone, I'll continue to post some articles and relevent links to other news from other sites.

But I'm not sticking around for discussion anymore after I post something. From my perspective, it's a no-win.

For somebody who's "done for a while", you've sure posted a lot. 36 times, to be exact.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:22 PM
For somebody who's "done for a while", you've sure posted a lot. 36 times, to be exact.

Good count, "Juice"

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 01:28 PM
i wish the original post said, "but i saved 15% on car insurance. Geico"

"and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Mr. Pink
01-11-2010, 01:30 PM
"and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

You're hired!

5 years 40 million dollars.

Welcome the new HC of the Buffalo Bills!

Philagape
01-11-2010, 01:40 PM

Then you should be grateful for someone to verify your opinion, since you so obviously crave that.

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 01:58 PM
You're hired!

5 years 40 million dollars.

Welcome the new HC of the Buffalo Bills!

"As my first order of business, I would like to thank Dick Jauron for leaving me with a team that is in excellent shape."

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 02:14 PM
A "source" tells me that Jim Kelly will comment later on this evening on a television station.

Oh, that source is Julie Fine, and that Channel is 7.

I told her to stalk him if necessary.

El Guapo
01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Is Julie Fine hot? I don't live in Buffalo, so I can't watch the news, and I am curious if her name is apt?

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
She "aiight"

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 02:22 PM
A "source" tells me that Jim Kelly will comment later on this evening on a television station.

Oh, that source is Julie Fine, and that Channel is 7.

I told her to stalk him if necessary.

so she got something? :brilliant:

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 02:25 PM
so she got something? :brilliant:

I don't know yet, Im trying to find out.

I emailed her and asked her if she ended up going through the back of the building (where the fundraiser) was and tracking Jim down.

She replied. "Yes"

I just asked her if he commented about Cowher, which I am assuming he did since she was interviewing him for that reason.

Waiting to hear back from her, will let you know.

Historian
01-11-2010, 02:36 PM

Well...not officially.

She knows she's hot...she doesn't need us to tell her that.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM
She hasn't answered me yet.

the only I can confirm is she definitely interviewed Jim.

She went in after him right after she was done talking with me about the billboard stuff.

So I can't say for sure yet he gave any good or telling comments about Cowher yet, just know she talked to him.

Hopefully she'll get back to me.